Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,032 members, 7,915,985 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:28 PM

Mcpherson University In Pictures - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mcpherson University In Pictures (40781 Views)

Mcpherson University Seeks Collaboration With UI In Nursing, Others / Pat Utomi Charges Mcpherson University Graduates To Save Nigeria At Convocation / Faith Onyekachukwu Ojumah, McPherson University Best Graduating Student (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Genesils(m): 3:38am On Jan 16, 2018
Light to the host community too? That's cool

1 Like

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by omoelerin1: 4:58am On Jan 16, 2018
I can't even pronounce the name self.

1 Like

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by seguno2: 5:24am On Jan 16, 2018
majekdom2:
yes they are doing it. Go these universities and enquire more. Ignorance makes one sound real silly

If they are doing anything like that in a meaningful manner, they would be publicising it as they are doing with their pictures of the compound, not so?
Records and details of such good deeds will also be publicly available on their website as is the case with many American and European universities.
That they don’t have such information publicly available means that they are not doing anything of the sort.
No more, no less.
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by seguno2: 5:25am On Jan 16, 2018
Larryomooba:
McPherson University(McU) is a faith-Based tertiary institution of the Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria.
McU, Licensed by the NUC in 2012 is the nation's 49th Private University.
Below are the pictures of the University.
NB: As a Member of Foursquare Church N100,000 is deducted from the tuition fee.

Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McPherson_University
http://www.mcu.edu.ng/#

Please can you also post details of the primary schools that Foursquare has?
Thanks
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by phabulux: 5:38am On Jan 16, 2018
Larryomooba:
Rev Felix Meduoye General Overseer is the Visitor to the University, Dr Christopher Kolade as the Chancellor, and Prof Agunbiade as the Vice Chancellor of the institution.

Mother of God!

What are you going to teach the students if you can't even string reasonable sentences together?

Mother of God!
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by phabulux: 5:51am On Jan 16, 2018
Amarabae:
Is it just me or I am not impressed by what I am seeing

Nope!

It's not just you. I'm not impressed either.

Omo-Oye college (a secondary school) is bigger and better than this.

cheesy
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by eyinjuege: 6:09am On Jan 16, 2018
seguno2:

If they are doing anything like that in a meaningful manner, they would be publicising it as they are doing with their pictures of the compound, not so?
Records and details of such good deeds will also be publicly available on their website as is the case with many American and European universities.
That they don’t have such information publicly available means that they are not doing anything of the sort.
No more, no less.

The Nigerian system generally doesn't have information available publicly. We are getting there gradually as a nation, as people are developing and trying to catch up with the developed nations
Those nations also have different public information acts enshrined in their laws, making it a legal requirement to do so. I doubt we have such robust acts yet in Nigeria. Secondly, its not all public information that are published. You need to request for some of these information officially, and they will send these reports to you individually on request ( I'm still talking of developed nations o). Abroad, you can easily check marriage registrations of anybody, which you can't here and so many other things like that.
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by seguno2: 6:31am On Jan 16, 2018
eyinjuege:
The Nigerian system generally doesn't have information available publicly. We are getting there gradually as a nation, as people are developing and trying to catch up with the developed nations
Those nations also have different public information acts enshrined in their laws, making it a legal requirement to do so. I doubt we have such robust acts yet in Nigeria. Secondly, its not all public information that are published. You need to request for some of these information officially, and they will send these reports to you individually on request ( I'm still talking of developed nations o). Abroad, you can easily check marriage registrations of anybody, which you can't here and so many other things like that.

Stop telling stories when you have no answer.
Does Foursquare University give scholarships in the same way that American universities give?
Simple question, you are diverting attention to marriage! Please stop your sinful ways of lies and deception.
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Chuksomenia(m): 6:53am On Jan 16, 2018
Dannieln1:
One thing wey dey pain me
And e dey always pain me
This one thing be say
All this Schools no be for POOR people
And al this churches are mostly occupied by the poor masses

#sickandtiredofallthisfunnysh!t

If they are to make the school affordable for everyone, most of those facilities you see there won't be there ot would just be like normal state university
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by seguno2: 7:14am On Jan 16, 2018
Chuksomenia:

If they are to make the school affordable for everyone, most of those facilities you see there won't be there ot would just be like normal state university

Because the pastors prefer to serve mammon instead of serving God
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 16, 2018
Dannieln1:
One thing wey dey pain me
And e dey always pain me
This one thing be say
All this Schools no be for POOR people
And al this churches are mostly occupied by the poor masses

#sickandtiredofallthisfunnysh!t
jaxxy:

Yes quality education is not cheap! Bt can the church help the less fortunate? Can dey just be alittle selfless like jesus was? Can dey give 50% of their admissions to the less privileged so they can have hope for a better future? Atleast this is a church rite? Not only a business enterprise. God bless u

The simple reason why church schools charge high school fees is because they have to do the following

1.Pay salaries to staff at the same level as they do in govt universities
2.Pay for power, water and other overhead costs.
3.Pay for research
4.And they do all that without allocation from govt
5.And they need money to build more facilities....to attract more students.

Now, we can get church universities to get fees down to N50000 and below. But that means they don't have enough cash to pay their staff good enough salaries, enough cash to pay for new facilities, buy consumables, repair broken stuff, etc.

Infact, if you cut fees, staff including lecturers might have to survive on fees as low as N40000 monthly. And they have families too.

Foursquare church in Nigeria is a branch of a international church whose HQ is in America...but the problem is that most of these big international churches expect their branches to be self funding.

The truth is that quality education is not cheap. Perhaps CAN could create a fund to help indigent students to which every Christian in Nigeria contributes N1000 monthly.

3 Likes

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 16, 2018
seguno2:

Because the pastors prefer to serve mammon instead of serving God

No, because most pastors who own church unis have to pay the staff of the universities wages that are commensurate with what govt university staff get...in the absence of funding from govt...and also have to pay power bills, build new facilities, etc.

And all the funding has to come from the fees.

Yes, some of them pastors are too interested in their empires...but running a university is not cheap.

IMO...fees should be at N20000. But in reality...that is not possible. A lecturer might end up getting salary of N40000 monthly.

3 Likes

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 16, 2018
ashawopikin:
u don spoil am with your last statement. U don't have to be educated to be a billionaire. Dem plenty
mention now. Billionaire ooo. Not thos alhajis that have few millions. I mean Ceo's that are billionaires.
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 16, 2018
Foursquare we stand for the living word!
Preach the Foursquare gospel

4 Likes

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by eyinjuege: 8:51am On Jan 16, 2018
seguno2:

Does Foursquare University give scholarships in the same way that American universities give?
Simple question, you are diverting attention to marriage! Please stop your sinful ways of lies and deception.

There's no free lunch in free town.
You should also stop your entitlement ways and looking for freebies everywhere.
I thought we were comparing faith based universities?
How many scholarships has Oral Roberts university in US given?
Many in US get scholarships based on their sports prowess. Is there anything like that in Nigeria?
You all looking for free schools, majority of US citizens take student loans to go to school. Are they stupid? A few get scholarships based on sports or academics. If your parents are rich and generous, they pay your tuition in the US. If they're not, you get student loans to sort yourself out.
Majority of those in universities abroad are not on university scholarships.
You can equally ask why federal and state universities are not giving out scholarships in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 16, 2018
trustyshoess:

Which bible are you reading?

In the book of Matthew in Chapter 2, the kings came to him, and they bought him gold, frankincense and myrrh. He was rich from birth

Jesus had so much money that he needed a treasurer: The New Testament describes Judas as the “treasurer” for Jesus’ disciples. Why would a band of 12 men need a treasurer if they didn’t have some treasures?

Oga chill there Fess, Frankincess n myrrh aren't precious metals or treasure so don't even go there.

Jesus received a one time gold gift as a child, That singular gold which could easily be a small coin doesn't translate to a life time of riches.

Wen Jesus needed a young Donkey to ride on during the triumphant entry Why didn't he buy one from their bag of money

Jesus received gifts over the years, That doesn't mean that he was wealthy with endless riches. People gave him n his disciples gifts, All of them own the money or food or what ever they received.

Jesus didn't have much money or precious metals or wealth because he/his disciples carried everything they owned from one place to another sharing it to everyone around. Jesus didn't own a house, donkeys, Etc and even the gift he receives, He shared with others.

women meeting in villages have a treasurer, Does that mean that they are very wealthy

Jesus always asked for or found ways to feed the people following him n his disciples, today the reverse is the case......Pastors tell the people following them to bring money every single day from January to December ""Non-stop""

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 16, 2018
eyinjuege:

Many in US get scholarships based on their sports prowess. Is there anything like that in Nigeria?
You all looking for free schools, majority of US citizens take student loans to go to school. Are they stupid? A few get scholarships based on sports or academics. If your parents are rich and generous, they pay your tuition in the US. If they're not, you get student loans to sort yourself out.
You can equally ask why federal and state universities are not giving out scholarships in Nigeria

""majority of US citizens take student loans to go to school""

Nigga just shut up man, Stop typing rubbish.

Modern day pastors are thieves n nothing more.

They collect billions from their church members to build a school and yet they keep collecting more billions yearly. Why can't they fund all or most of the students in their school from the billions they collect yearly

Many Churches/NGOs around the globe offer free education or subsidized education for students, especially the less privilege.

The whole Christian thing has aggressively turned into a profit making venture. Stop looking away from the truth that u already know.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by eyinjuege: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2018
PrecisionFx:

""majority of US citizens take student loans to go to school""

Nigga just shut up man, Stop typing rubbish.

Modern day pastors are thieves n nothing more.

They collect billions from their church members to build a school and yet they keep collecting more billions yearly. Why can't they fund all or most of the students in their school from the billions they collect yearly

Many Churches/NGOs around the globe offer free education or subsidized education for students, especially the less privilege.

The whole Christian thing has aggressively turned into a profit making venture. Stop looking away from the truth that u already know.

Keep your tithes. Shikena.
Majority of Nigerians just want freebies.
That's not going to happen.
Majority of those who want their children to go to these universities for free have never paid tithes in their lives. They're not even members of the said church, and when asked why their kids should go there, they say they are at least Nigerians (this is from personal interaction with people)
How many Nigerians can these schools cater for?
Are you ready to go and lecture in these schools for free because it's all about giving back?
As I said earlier, no free lunch in free town. Majority of those giving offerings and tithes don't expect their kids to go to these schools for free. Even those giving 500 naira monthly will want their 6 children to go to these universities.
Is it your monthly 500naira that will cover the tuition of your 4 - 6 children.
Tithing is not by force o. I have given tithes in the past, and i haven't for a couple of years now for personal reasons. I don't expect my children to go to free schools. I also understand for quality education, you pay for it.
You're not encouraging your govt to make accessible student loans because you don't want to pay for your education, yet you expect someone else's tithes to do that.

2 Likes

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 16, 2018
eyinjuege:

Majority of those who want their children to go to these universities for free have never paid tithes in their lives. They're not even members of the said church, and when asked why their kids should go there, they say they are at least Nigerians (this is from personal interaction with people)
Are you ready to go and lecture in these schools for free because it's all about giving back?
As I said earlier, no free lunch in free town. Majority of those giving offerings and tithes don't expect their kids to go to these schools for free. Even those giving 500 naira monthly will want their 6 children to go to these universities.
Tithing is not by force o. I have given tithes in the past, and i haven't for a couple of years now for personal reasons. I don't expect my children to go to free schools. I also understand for quality education, you pay for it.
You're not encouraging your govt to make accessible student loans because you don't want to pay for your education, yet you expect someone else's tithes to do that.

This post is heavily irrelevant n doesn't address the issue I raised.

1 Like

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by seguno2: 9:37am On Jan 16, 2018
eyinjuege:

Why are you insisting on your journey to hell fire with needless lies despite my earlier warning?
Why did you omit NEEDS-based scholarships and grants from your lie lie story?

Scholarships

While the terms grant and scholarship are frequently used interchangeably, there is a difference. Scholarships may have a financial need component but rely on other criteria as well. Some private need-based awards are confusingly called scholarships, and require the results of a FAFSA (the family's EFC). However, scholarships are often merit-based, while grants tend to be need-based.[1]

Scholarships, similar to grants, do not need to be repaid. Scholarships come from state, educational institutions, and private agencies. Scholarships can be awarded based on merit, financial need, student characteristics (such as gender, race, religion, family and medical history, and the like), creativity, career field, college, athletic ability, among other categories.

There are search engines available to find scholarships such as Peterson’s, Unigo, Fastweb, Cappex, Chegg, The College Board, Niche (formerly known as College Prowler), Scholarships.com, Collegenet.com, and Scholarship Monkey.[9]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Student_financial_aid_(United_States)
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by eyinjuege: 9:38am On Jan 16, 2018
PrecisionFx:

This post is heavily irrelevant n doesn't address the issue I raised.
You have raised no new issues.
You were comparing Mcpearson uni which probably is just going through it's first admission process with American unis in existence for decades, and asking them to give majority scholarships.
That's very irrelevant too, as scholarships are not given to the majority in American unis.

2 Likes

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by eyinjuege: 9:40am On Jan 16, 2018
seguno2:

Why are you insisting on your journey to hell fire with needless lies despite my earlier warning?
Why did you omit NEEDS-based scholarships and grants from your lie lie story?

We have done all that. Nothing new. How many are given the scholarships? Infact, private individuals also set up scholarship funds abroad but how many people really get it compared to those who qualify or even apply for it?
Maybe your rants should be towards those funding the scholarships, but then again they can only give scholarships to so many. Majority still get loans which are interest free while in school. Some of those who get scholarships just get part funding. You have to be extremely brilliant whether rich or poor to get merit scholarships, or very atheletic to get sports scholarships. Your need based aid include grants or LOANS or work study, most times the grant part doesn't cover everything.
That's even for a country with facilities to get loans for learning. Here IN Nigeria, there are millions applying to these few private unis we still have .you're expecting too much

1 Like

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by seguno2: 9:48am On Jan 16, 2018
Statsocial:

It is not about how big. You would be surprised that some of the best universities in the world don't even have up to 300 acres of land. Heck Caltech main campus is 124 acres, Howard is 250 acres, MIT is 168 acres-so it is not about having some useless landmass that could have been used for farming but giving value..

Landmass is not the only way to determine the size/bigness of a school.
You have to consider the usable space in the buildings. A university in a densely populated urban area cannot have plenty of land but it would compensate by having high rise buildings.
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by seguno2: 9:53am On Jan 16, 2018
eyinjuege:

We have done all that. Nothing new. How many are given the scholarships? Infact, private individuals also set up scholarship funds abroad but how many people really get it compared to those who qualify or even apply for it?

The ratio for secular universities in the USA will be much better than for the so-called Christian universities built with the congregation’s contribution.
If you insist that it is not, then I will dig up their statistics for you to provide those of the Christian universities that you are defending here for comparison.
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2018
eyinjuege:

Lol just leave them alone. They want the church to fund universities from the Tithe they don't believe in nor give-very funny people indeed. It is not their fault many don't know how much it cost to run a mediocre university talk more of a good one.
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2018
seguno2:

Landmass is not the only way to determine the size/bigness of a school.
You have to consider the usable space in the buildings. A university in a densely populated urban area cannot have plenty of land but it would compensate by having high rise buildings.
Not entirely true. With the exception of Universities of Technologies like Caltech very few of those universities have high rise buildings. Most importantly a university builds what it needs per time and as time goes by and enrollment increases, smaller buildings would give way for bigger ones.
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by ashawopikin(m): 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
majekdom2:
mention now. Billionaire ooo. Not thos alhajis that have few millions. I mean Ceo's that are billionaires.
ok I go mention them, just wait

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Wyclefniranz(m): 5:13pm On Jan 16, 2018
Mirand606:
Oluwa ma se o! Our churches are just building universities left, right and center. God bless the church plenty for creating employment and reducing the burden on public university.

McPherson University is owned by Four Square

Lalasticlala
yeah our churches are really trying building universities for the rich people only paying more than 1 million a year which the average people can't afford and they carries the overall population in the country
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Larryomooba(m): 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2018
Genesils:
Light to the host community too? That's cool
the host community haven't seen light for the past 4years until now that they have the university around.

1 Like

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by eyinjuege: 6:45am On Jan 17, 2018
seguno2:

Still on scholarships, most US public universities get funding from the govt, a lot from endowment funds from their alumni-( which they use to fund their scholarships ), grants from public and private foundations for research, student's tuition and lastly from school businesses like making sweatshirts/mugs etc.
Their alumni invest heavily in their schools. They have a giving culture in America. Someone else is paying for those scholarships indirectly, and not The schools you're comparing them to in Nigeria dont have that luxury. Mcpearson in question is just starting out.
Its good to be rational and fair.
Private unis in Nigeria don't get funds from the govt, they don't have a strong alumni base yet, thankfully some are doing research and sourcing for funds for it- and those funds shouldn't be diverted to scholarships (research is important). Their money is mainly generated from tuition to run their schools.

Wyclefniranz:
yeah our churches are really trying building universities for the rich people only paying more than 1 million a year which the average people can't afford and they carries the overall population in the country

The poor are >1000 times more than the rich in Nigeria, how many poor people can these universities cater to without running down? How do you expect the schools to run themselves without money generated from tuition?
Is it from tithe money? Assuming a poor man gives 500 naira tithe monthly- 6K yearly and he has 5 children. How do you expect his 6k yearly cover the tuition of his 5 children in these unis?
Are you agreeable to lecturing in these schools for free? Or if you can't even lecture, can you agree to be a cleaner for free in these schools? If people are not giving their services for free in these schools, how then do you expect them to give free university education?

1 Like

Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Larryomooba(m): 8:37am On Jan 17, 2018
jaxxy:

Yes quality education is not cheap! Bt can the church help the less fortunate? Can dey just be alittle selfless like jesus was? Can dey give 50% of their admissions to the less privileged so they can have hope for a better future? Atleast this is a church rite? Not only a business enterprise. God bless u
yes the church help its members with 100k deduction, also the school gave 2 of host community student tuition free, and again christian courses are free in mcpherson university. thanks
Re: Mcpherson University In Pictures by Larryomooba(m): 8:39am On Jan 17, 2018
ajoyeleke:
Ow much do dey pay?
http://www.mcu.edu.ng/schoolfees.html keep in mind that if you are a member of the church 100k is deducted out of the fees, and you can as well pay in installment up to 4 times in a year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students / JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities / MC Oluomo Rewards Boy Who Drew His Portrait With N500,000 Naira (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.