Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,310 members, 7,971,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 11:07 PM

How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life (525 Views)

Man Unknowingly Took His Fiancée To Hotel / Enderlin Chinenyenwa Ambrose: Lady Offers Free Sex For Depressed Nigerian People / Man Almost Suffocates As Ladies Crowd Him With "One Corner" Dance (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life by IamHeWrites: 2:38am On Jan 17, 2018
A Nigerian lady, Olusola on twitter has narrated how her friend was saved when he almost committed suicide because of hardship .

Read the story as she shared on twitter below;
“I met a friend of mine today that I hadn’t seen in about 10years, I asked how he has been and he said “It hasn’t been easy, but God has been faithful even when all hope was lost. He went ahead and told me his story which left me in tears… In his words…

“ I’m married with three children, I lost my job about two years ago and I searched for a new one to no avail. Things were really hard and at some point, we couldn’t even feed, I kept going around asking for help… Then sometime last year…

Sometime last year, my last child who is just one had an issue with his scrotum and needed surgery, we were asked to pay #150, 000. I didn’t have a single dime on me. I ran from pillar to post but nothing came out of it. Everyone gave different stories…

So one night , I couldn’t bear the whole thing anymore, so I decided to take my life. I waited for my wife and children to go to bed, I bid them goodnight and after I had made sure they were asleep, I took the rope, went to the sitting room and say on the sofa…

I decided to wipe off every thing on my phone before hanging myself, but while I was looking at the phone, I decided to just rest my back and somehow I slept off(I don’t know how that happened)slept from 12am – 3am, woke up to two missed calls on my phone, both unknown

One international number and one national number, I called the national number, no one picked, I flashed the international number and the person called back, it was Dele (we all went to secondary school together) and he said “guy I don dey find your number a these years”

“i got it from my younger brother who got it from someone else sha. I got it about three days ago, I dey work now, but something just say make í call you this night. How you dey?” Sola, I burst into tears, like why this night” I looked at the rope which was still on the table,

Went inside, looked at my wife and couldn’t stop crying, Dele kept asking “guy wetin dey worry you now, talk to me” I told him everything and he was like “guy, na because of dawan you dey cry? I go call you for morning.

First thing in the morning he asked his bro to transfer 200k to me, just like that, though I still haven’t gotten a job, but now I know that I have a God who sees me and cares deeply for me… I asked him if I could share his story and he said it was okay.

See ehn, it doesn’t matter what you are going through, you see this God, He sees you, He cares about you, He says He’ll never leave or forsake you, through every shadow and every mountain… And He never lies. When He says it, He means it

http://www.torimill.com/2018/01/how-depressed-nigerian-man-almost-took.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life by Jamariwolf4(f): 2:44am On Jan 17, 2018
To die never hungry you. You set your rope and fell asleep?
Smh
Re: How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life by mikejj(m): 5:59am On Jan 17, 2018
grin grin the person before me..i think he is nat a serious suicider.9ja film
Re: How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life by pocohantas(f): 6:37am On Jan 17, 2018
So you didn't look at your wife and kids before contemplating suicide?

Physical strength might be their forte, but emotional and psychological strength is far from lots of them. When men go low, they really go low, coupled with all the societal expectations and alpha male bullshit. Form hard man outside, while dying inside.

That's why I like women, they'll cry and garner enough sympathy. She must sha not kill herself by herself, while the man remarries and her lovely children[most importantly] will be alone smiley
Be strong, Sir. Tough times don't last, but tough people do.

He didn't even consider leaving a suicide note. If he had killed himself now, NL menists be like "it's the wife that nagged him into committing suicide, women are evil and selfish. They can't stand by a broke man" angry

2 Likes

Re: How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:50am On Jan 17, 2018
pocohantas:

Physical strength might be their forte, but emotional and psychological strength is far from lots of them. When men go low, they really go low, coupled with all the societal expectations and alpha male bullshit. Form hard man outside, while dying inside.

That's why I like women, they'll cry and garner enough sympathy. She must sha not kill herself by herself. While the man remarries and her lovely children[most importantly] will be alone smiley
Be strong, Sir. Tough times don't last, but tough people do.

He didn't even consider leaving a suicide note. If he had killed himself now, NL menists be like "it's the wife that nagged him into committing suicide, women are evil and selfish. They can't stand by a broke man" angry
. Hahahahah, you dey find trouble with this your comment walahi. Just dey twist am dey go. A little harshness, then a little diplomacy. We are coming for u.lol
Re: How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life by pocohantas(f): 7:54am On Jan 17, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
. Hahahahah, you dey find trouble with this your comment walahi. Just dey twist am dey go. A little harshness, then a little diplomacy. We are coming for u.lol

It's too late to fail. I dey wait una.
Re: How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:00am On Jan 17, 2018
pocohantas:

It's too late to fail. I dey wait una.

. Kikikikkiki,shebi Airforce1 don put spit for your mouth abi? Don't worry,when we wake up,that's when you will know that its never too late to fail.Make I go do school runs first before my wife go halla me.lol
Re: How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life by pocohantas(f): 8:14am On Jan 17, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
. Kikikikkiki,shebi Airforce1 don put spit for your mouth abi? Don't worry,when we wake up,that's when you will know that its never too late to fail.Make I go do school runs first before my wife go halla me.lol

Welldone and drive safely.
I still dey wait una grin

Re: How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:40am On Jan 17, 2018
pocohantas:

Welldone and drive safely.
I still dey wait una grin

. Hmmmm. We were about coming for you but had to retreat when we saw you even more prepared than we thought. I no fit fight after seeing this dancing stuff.
Re: How A Depressed Nigerian Man Almost Took His Own Life by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 17, 2018
pocohantas:

Well you can't blame them, if men too readily collect witchcrafts and are easily possessed by strange spirits like women, your claim will be justified. Or can you tell me if you ever fought a spiritual battle in your life or came faced to one?

Say whatever, men are more vulnerable to women than women are to men. Even the bible says, " he that finds a good woman, has found favor from the Lord". That just shows how spiritually delicate a man coming across a wrong woman can be to his life. I think it is often said, even the devil leaves because you finished already...

(1) (Reply)

Every SINGLE LADY Should Not Ignore This. / God Has Blessed Me With Too Much Beauty / Please Advice Me, Am Confused.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.