Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,018 members, 7,899,638 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:28 PM

What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra (1365 Views)

List Of Countries The Southeast Is Bigger Than. / Oyo State Is Bigger Than All South East States / Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Buhari - Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by IkpuMmadu: 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
You know there is a saying that what is in the house of the rabbit is definitely would be found in the house of the squirrel and grass cutter! Lately, a lot of folks have been showing some tiny crack that was found in the overhead bridge at Awka the capital of Lagos...I first saw that picture from Vivian gist or some blogger.

Now , forgetting that ,in our own backyard and the famed centre of excellence, Lagos a bigger crack is in the overhead bridge and this same bridge was painted lately with the crack painted.... reminding us of the term " painted sepulchre" . This bridge is in the heart of Lagos and a five minute walk to Alausa the government house. Can you believe it

Oh yes, we can say that it's not a state government project but the lives of people that is in peril or danger are the citizens of the state. As Anambra state is busy fixing both state and federal project with meagre amount from federal government compared to the huge amount that Lagos receives from the same source ! We must give it to Anambra folks..they have tried and they are trying in the area of infrastructure....though Lagos is also trying

I don't know if the rocket scientist minister would fix the broken portion of bridge at Ikeja ...Oba Akran by Awolowo over head bridge or would he wait for Ambode? That is a question that is rhetorical but what is factual is that the bridge is an embarrassment!

2 Likes

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by sarrki(m): 12:21pm On Jan 17, 2018
Enough of this

That's why our politician won't see us as a pony to toy with

Let's up our game and get serious
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by Mynd44: 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
1. Stop this idea of excusing bad things with "XYZ is doing it too". It is just wrong.

2. There is a difference between structural damage and a car ramming into the structure thereby damaging it.

3. Does this look like a disaster as compared to the one in Anambra? This is almost on the ground. That was high up, it was dangerous and there were cracks on the bridge itself!

4. Hopefully, the Lagos state government will do remedial job on it to fix this soon

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by IkpuMmadu: 6:09am On Jan 18, 2018
Mynd44:
1. Stop this idea of excusing bad things with "XYZ is doing it too". It is just wrong.

2. There is a difference between structural damage and a car ramming into the structure thereby damaging it.

3. Does this look like a disaster as compared to the one in Anambra? This is almost on the ground. That was high up, it was dangerous and there were cracks on the bridge itself!

4. Hopefully, the Lagos state government will do remedial job on it to fix this soon

Excuses ...it doesn't look like disaster but the one in anambra with a tiny crack looks like disaster...how many people have you heard died in anambra

When you guys talk about places ...try and remove the speck in your eyes before the log in others eyes

Nigeria is in this situation because of Yoruba political miscalculation and hate for Jonathan including the middle belt that hated Jonathan so we must enjoy this and buhari must rule till 2023....get used to it...it's good for you

Nonesense

12 Likes

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by kettykings: 6:27am On Jan 18, 2018
if these were the only structural issues lagos had then Lagos aint got issues, as i am typing this a car is about entering a big ditch along the failed apapa oshodi expressway , 90% of the state roads in Lagos needs massive over haul.

7 Likes

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by deomelllo: 6:43am On Jan 18, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535356_cracks1_jpeg1d491ab30bff0af18de8dcc8ac3d8287

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535357_cracks3_jpegfe073bd3110e1c3eaf2ee3d550600d8f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535358_cracks2_jpegb7c83461acd888f4ec1780c44d5a5ddd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535359_cracks_jpeg987e4c42e7eeb9b84d212523344a882d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5536748_br_jpegc8117c630082344e94d7be0bf2d0edc6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6515274_fbimg1515257544802_jpeg7ab599e711f29cc8b8b0ec23f36d1372

lol @ ipob villagers comparing apple with banana..

There's a strong difference between structural damage from many parts of the bridge in anambra due to substandard construction, poor workmanship, and obvious accident damage.

Talk about unintelligent comparisons ..

Btw, the FG or LASG won't hire bricklayer to do patch patch job like they are doing in anambra village.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by aybabz101: 6:46am On Jan 18, 2018
@Opp......this ur topic don cast jo.......woke up dis early morning jst to cause wahala.....ko rederede e danu jo.

2 Likes

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by Authoreety: 6:55am On Jan 18, 2018
A
deomelllo:

Abeg see the difference between WORLD CLASS and village stone age class in anambra village....

lol @ ipob villagers comparing apple with banana..

There's a strong difference between structural damage from many parts of the bridge in anambra due to substandard construction, poor workmanship, and obvious accident damage.

Talk about unintelligent comparisons ..

Btw, the FG or LASG won't hire bricklayer to do patch patch job like they are doing in anambra village.

And u think u just made sense, abi?

6 Likes

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by Reelectbuhari: 7:06am On Jan 18, 2018
am just tired of all this bickering....

am seriously and ruthlessly fighting for buhari to be re elected as Nigeria president come 2019.....

I must not stop and God willing Buahri has already won.....

ikpummadu join us and re elect Buhari for another term in office....
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by deomelllo: 7:07am On Jan 18, 2018
Authoreety:
A

My sense says you should ask obiano why the less than 2-year-old bridge he built is crumbling from top to bottom and even hiring bricklayers to patch patch with cement instead of structural engineers to figure out why the bridge is falling apart and reputable contractor to fix it.

Not sure if you have that kind of common sense of course.
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by Authoreety: 7:30am On Jan 18, 2018
deomelllo:

My sense says you should ask obiano why the less than 2-year-old bridge he built is crumbling from top to bottom and even hiring bricklayers to patch patch with cement instead of structural engineers to figure out why the bridge is falling apart and reputable contractor to fix it.

Not sure if you have that kind of common sense of course.

Na wa o...

How old are u?

3 Likes

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:53am On Jan 18, 2018
Dumb comparison.

One can see clearly that the Lagos bridge damage was as a result of an accident involving most probably a truck.

The Anambra bridge is an obvious structural error. The giant metal 'callipers' and the suspension ropes are pulling the bridge apart.
I guess the metal 'callipers' were a second thought after Obingo saw Admiralty bridge in Ikoyi.

Besides, it's funny that bricklayers were hired to plaster the crack. I hope this time-bomb won't explode when there is traffic on and around the bridge

2 Likes

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by buchilino(m): 8:06am On Jan 18, 2018
OH MY GOODNESS, Mr SEUN, I THINK IT'S TIME U START CHECKING D MENTAL STATUS OF PPLE B4 ADMITTING DEM INTO NL. SOME OF THE RECENT ARGUMENTS ON NL R ANNOYINGLY RIDICULOUS.

2 Likes

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by bloodmoneyspita: 8:09am On Jan 18, 2018
we no dey for that Anambra and Lagos shiii people are dying and all you guys do is going on e-wars this is stupid.

I'm sure a northerner opened this thread.
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by deomelllo: 8:21am On Jan 18, 2018
Authoreety:

Na wa o...

How old are u?

You must be 2 years old because I was about to ask you the same question because you are yet to articulate ay sane and sensible contribution in this thread, must be because of your meager vocabulary and lack of any sensible thing to contribute.
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by deomelllo: 8:25am On Jan 18, 2018
buchilino:
OH MY GOODNESS, Mr SEUN, I THINK IT'S TIME U START CHECKING D MENTAL STATUS OF PPLE B4 ADMITTING DEM INTO NL. SOME OF THE RECENT ARGUMENTS ON NL R ANNOYINGLY RIDICULOUS.

Sadly, they not only allow them, they cuddle and enable these unintelligent people and their ridiculous and absurd topics. This rubbish should have been deleted to start with.

There's no way these jokers are mentally stable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by GavelSlam: 9:03am On Jan 18, 2018
That bridge is at least 30 years old.
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by buchilino(m): 9:14am On Jan 18, 2018
deomelllo:

Sadly, they not only allow them, they cuddle and enable these unintelligent people and their ridiculous and absurd topics. This rubbish should have been deleted to start with.

There's no way these jokers are mentally stable.

HONESTLY ITS VERY ANNONYING. AM FROM ANAMBRA STATE N A PROUD IGBO MAN. BUT 2 BE COMPARING D LEVEL OF TRAFFIC IN ANAMBRA WITH LAGOS, IS STUPIDITY AT HIGHEST LEVEL.
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by Authoreety: 9:24am On Jan 18, 2018
U think say na by all ds incomprehensible jargons na im u take dey make sense.....

Abeg shift joor... efulefu!

deomelllo:

You must be 2 years old because I was about to ask you the same question because you are yet to articulate ay sane and sensible contribution in this thread, must be because of your meager vocabulary and lack of any sensible thing to contribute.

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by ipodstinks: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2018
[s]
IkpuMmadu:

Excuses ...it doesn't look like disaster but the one in anambra with a tiny crack looks like disaster...how many people have you heard died in anambra

When you guys talk about places ...try and remove the speck in your eyes before the log in others eyes

Nigeria is in this situation because of Yoruba political miscalculation and hate for Jonathan including the middle belt that hated Jonathan so we must enjoy this and buhari must rule till 2023....get used to it...it's good for you

Nonesense
[/s]Shut up, this is as a result of car ramming into it. Does this look like cracked bridge to you? Which school did you go to?
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by ipodstinks: 9:39am On Jan 18, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
Dumb comparison.

One can see clearly that the Lagos bridge damage was as a result of an accident involving most probably a truck.

The Anambra bridge is an obvious structural error. The giant metal 'callipers' and the suspension ropes are pulling the bridge apart.
I guess the metal 'callipers' were a second thought after Obingo saw Admiralty bridge in Ikoyi.

Besides, it's funny that bricklayers were hired to plaster the crack. I hope this time-bomb won't explode when there is traffic on and around the bridge
Very very sad of the guy that posted the shit topic. Conparing a damage caused by accident to a cracked bridge caused by structural error is a slap on his face.
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by ipodstinks: 9:43am On Jan 18, 2018
Authoreety:
A

He made a lot of sense.
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by funlord(m): 9:49am On Jan 18, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

You know there is a saying that what is in the house of the rabbit is definitely would be found in the house of the squirrel and grass cutter! Lately, a lot of folks have been showing some tiny crack that was found in the overhead bridge at Awka the capital of Lagos... I first saw that picture from Vivian gist or some blogger.

grin

Awka? The capital of lagos?

You are most definitely a high ranking officer from the ipob department of of lies and statistics! Let me check your skull shape for further confirmation!

PS: Affirmative....flatisco baba!

1 Like

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by Authoreety: 9:52am On Jan 18, 2018
ipodstinks:
He made a lot of sense.

Ur moniker alone has made it obvious that ur reasoning will always be leftsided.... so dnt expect me 2 reply u again
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 18, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Nonesense
well said buhari till 2023 Let us all enjoy d change 2geda

1 Like

Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by IkpuMmadu: 11:31am On Jan 18, 2018
ipodstinks:
[s][/s]Shut up, this is as a result of car ramming into it. Does this look like cracked bridge to you? Which school did you go to?

Wetin concern me
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by Sirjamo: 12:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Nonesense
which Jonathan? the one that could not build ordinary pedestrian bridge in his bayelsa state?
Re: What Is In Lagos Is Bigger Than What Is In Anambra by anibirelawal(m): 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
NONSENSE COMPARISM.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Pic: Head Of State Gen Obasanjo With Shehu Shagari In Sept 1979 / Obaseki Swears-In Oni-Okpaku As Environment Commissioner / Pay N100,000 Minimum Wage To Police Officers - Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.