Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,080 members, 7,949,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:40 PM

Uproar In Senate As PDP Senators Bar Colleague From Defecting To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uproar In Senate As PDP Senators Bar Colleague From Defecting To APC (463 Views)

Pastor Aimola John Slumps, Dies After Defecting To APC In Edo / Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu: Uproar In Senate Over Murder In South Africa / Ekweremadu: Atiku, Secondus’ Telephone Calls Pacified Him From Defecting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Uproar In Senate As PDP Senators Bar Colleague From Defecting To APC by Limitednow: 1:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
THERE was uproar in the Senate over a senator who wanted dumping his party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), for the All Progressive Congress (APC), on Wednesday.

Senator Sonni Ogbuoji representing Ebonyi South in the upper legislative chamber had come under order 43 of the rules of the Senate to announce his official defection from the PDP to the APC.

Attempting to make his declaration, PDP Senators pounced on him, while APC Senators came to rescue him.

The situation saw him been dragged here and there by the two parties who also assaulted themselves in the process.

After the commotion, Ogbuoji dumped his defection bid and announced that he was withdrawing his earlier announcement.

“I came under order 43 with the intention that I needed to make some declarations this morning. But my party, the PDP felt I had not consulted with them enough.

“So, because of the love they had shown to me in the past, I’m stepping down my decision to decamp”, Ogbuoji declared.

The President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki who presided over the plenary, did not object to the withdrawal of statement of defection.

https://www.headlineng.com/uproar-senate-pdp-senators-bar-colleague-defecting-apc/
Re: Uproar In Senate As PDP Senators Bar Colleague From Defecting To APC by orisa37: 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
EndTime Drama.
Re: Uproar In Senate As PDP Senators Bar Colleague From Defecting To APC by Johnpaul01: 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2018
grin
Re: Uproar In Senate As PDP Senators Bar Colleague From Defecting To APC by Okoroawusa: 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
Its only a matter of time he will defect
Re: Uproar In Senate As PDP Senators Bar Colleague From Defecting To APC by Mynd44: 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2018

(1)

Buhari’s Aide Writes Obaseki, Seeks Role For Edo-born Asemota Based In Qatar. / The Odds Against Buhari’s Re-election Bid / What A Developed Country Should Be Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.