Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:21 PM

"My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says (34487 Views)

Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You" / My Wife Turns Down Sex Because Of Lockdown - Man Says (Video) / Press Release: I Was Never Married To This Lady - Man Says (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by dust144(m): 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
She doesn't look igbo to me, lucky u
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by majamajic(m): 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
hmmm
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2018
eminikansoso:
grin
one man food is another man poison.
it does not matter whether black or white, bad egg is bad egg no other name na bad egg.

Yes relocating or taking your wife abroad is just too risky from experience. It is only with God . Our women become so liberated and their husband become smaller in their eyes

1 Like

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Icon79(m): 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2018
Stuffs like this happen every single day in America. Naija women in diaspora are some of the worst ever!

Even for those of them that went back home to bring a "well mannered" girl to marry. Once she gets over here, give her 6 months and the naija women here would corrupt her and destroy her home.

My advice to single naija men in diaspora: stay single for as long as you can. And if you have to marry, it might be better not to have kids immediately until you're quite sure of what you're bringing in. You can always kick her behind out if it's just her but once kids come in, it becomes complicated.

O pari

5 Likes

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by ElPhoche(m): 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2018
Wait oh, does it mean a husband cannot rape his wife?
Of course a husband can rape his wife. Rape is simply forceful entry without the other's consent. You married her, yes, but that does not mean you can access her whether she likes it or not.
I am a guy and yes, I don't support rape in any form.
We don't know the full gist, though I am quite aware of the funny things our ladies do when they go overseas

4 Likes

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by YelloweWest: 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
This is how men play the victim card. They will never tell you what they did.

How can a woman stand up go to police and claim she was raped out of the blue? Was investigation not carried out?

Just because you took her to Dubai that dose not give u the right to treat her like an animal.

Oga tell us what u did or just shut up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by eminikansoso(m): 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
toyetade:

Yes relocating or taking your wife abroad is just too risky from experience. It is only with God . Our women become so liberated and their husband become smaller in their eyes
i will never take my wife abroad for schooling or other purposes except for business.

3 Likes

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by YelloweWest: 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
9jakohai:
Problem in this marriage did not start yesterday.

When you went into marriage, did you expect a nice gentle submissive wife.....or an equal partner.?
Good question.

I always tell people, define terms before contracting a marriage!

If you want a submissive wife make it unambiguously clear.
If u want a partner, make that know too.

I told My husband from day one that I don't understand the concept of being submissive in a marriage. I will be respectful but not submissive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
eminikansoso:

i will never take my wife abroad for schooling or other purposes except for business.
If she has the money she can take herself there.

1 Like

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by AdolfHitlerxXx: 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2018
Fukafuka:
grin

Fukafuka...you don craze. grin grin grin

I troll....but putting "my Igbo wife" in the title is plain wrong. What's wrong with Nigerian wife?

This is the 2nd unnecessarily tribalistic post i am seeing today targeted against my friends ; the Jews tongue

Seun Osewa, i think you need to look more closely at your staff. Things that off-colour are slipping through the cracks angry

2 Likes

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by PierreDeFermath(m): 5:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
yeyerolling:
marriage sometimes brings badluck, dunno y nigerians see it as an achievement
that's why Donald Trump said Naija is a shit hole. marriage is too much overrated in Nigeria . they see it as an achievement because there is no invention or innovation but production of babies
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
season of sex dull
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
PierreDeFermath:
that's why Donald Trump said Naija is a shit hole. marriage is too much overrated in Nigeria . they see it as an achievement because there is no invention or innovation but production of babies
Hahahahaha.
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by AdolfHitlerxXx: 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
YelloweWest:

Good question.

I told My husband from day one that I don't understand the concept of being submissive in a marriage. I will be respectful but not submissive.

Sorry, but in the real world, lots of people "misrepresent" (lie). Those who don't just change based on circumstances.

A sudden job loss and tightening of finances can change the docile cat of a wife into a tiger overnight.

Marriage isn't Mathematics. "I said i would be submissive, so don't expect any different."

1 Like

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by exlinkleads(f): 5:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
the burden to prove rape is very high

and trust me, if u didnt rape her, she cant prove it no matter what.

so stop lying
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by AngelicBeing: 6:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
angry
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
MrRhymes101:
Rape is a serious accusation, it should be verified before jailing anybody... wedding MC

exlinkleads:
the burden to prove rape is very high

and trust me, if u didnt rape her, she cant prove it no matter what.

so stop lying

He may not be. The problem is that when they investigate, find out it is false and arrest the woman, the world media will be saying that Muslim countries victimise rape victims. It happens all the time.
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by abdullahI24: 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
Da is wai SES DULL is hin Di MAHKET!
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
pocohantas:
His wife?
That's a surprising one.
I'll love to hear her side of the story and that of the police too.

Well, some of these Nigerian women become very vindictive once they get to that side. I wonder what brings about that drastic change.
my granny usually told us that a rich kid or a well brought up kid will grow and give value to everything yet wouldn't kill for it or abuse it but a poor child will feign loyalty until u show make them comfortable and they show their true colors....

Why do u think in USA and Europe now its rampant nigerian men killing their nigerian wives...Sadly in all cases 75% are igbos..

Please Check google to verify my claims..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
lol. My advice is. go get sexdoll.
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by IdeyFindWife: 7:00pm On Jan 17, 2018
9jakohai:
Problem in this marriage did not start yesterday.

When you went into marriage, did you expect a nice gentle submissive wife.....or an equal partner.?

Being a partner shouldn't involve screwing your life every which way.

Should be all about love, mutual respect, bringing out the best in and being there for each other especially when that calls for making sacrifices and giving yourselves space when needed. The fact that you are married shouldn't mean being subsumed into another person, needs and all!

Besides, he prolly 'imported' a village "mail-order" wife hopingto radio full benefits only to find his paper-tiger acting "TTransformers Season I" in his parlor!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
ObamaOsama:
and you think dubia is Nigeria,,,,, that you can Rape someone and go free

sorry my brother,,,,,dubai isn't Nigeria

Na lie !!! Go and find out what is happening in Dubai many western countries are challenging their systems ..many times a woman cries rape she is arrested not the man
As far aa iam concerned race card was played Jere hence locking them man becasue in dubai most often na woman dem dey arrest go and find out

Ask any resident in Dubai

1 Like

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by bezimo(m): 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ayodejioak:

Don't mind them.we are used to such stories here in the US too. That's why you need to avoid most Africans, Nigerians especially if you want to go far in any diaspora country. Thank me later

kiss
What else can be better than a FTC on your birthday.
Drop your likes to wish me happy birthday! tongue

I may disagree but not fully.
It is not always the case.. I know Nigerians who are married to Nigerians living in this West..and doing well in their marriages..i can say that within the few christian couples i know off.
however I hear of cases were the Nigerian wife brought from home begins to take advantage of the system that favours women to oppress, arrest and divorce her husband leaving him with nothing that he worked for.He forfeits his house, his assets, some of his money and all that to her.

The thing is the way women are treated in the West is not like the typical african submissive expectation system...were as it were the woman is expected to put up with all manner of B.S especially oppression and domestic violence and infidelity from the man...the average Nigerian wife in Nigeria will likely put up with all that...but in the West the system doesn't allow that, (it gives more power to the woman than the man not even equal power).That is why their divorce rate is high.

However that is not sometimes the case... There have been cases were a Nigerian wife was brought to America and she began disrespecting the husband till she divorced him..why.. because she learnt the system favours women and took full advantage if it.

Bringing a wife from Nigeria to obodoyibo cannot just be a mere movement.. If a person must marry a 9ja based woman...then he must look well again and again and again so he doesn't be a victim and possibly entertain the idea of a prenup agreement if you want to be secured from such wicked steps that some Nigerian women initiate to destroy their husbands in the West.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Pataricatering(f): 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2018
obajoey:
They have been doing that for long.
You take them there, they turn to gods.
they don’t turn to gods ! You just return to normal position . 50/50

2 Likes

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Pataricatering(f): 7:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
toyetade:

you see the problem ! You force your wife to become small so you can feel big ! When she now stands to normal height you complain she is making you small ?

3 Likes

Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
Pataricatering:
you see the problem ! You force your wife to become small so you can feel big ! When she now stands to normal height you complain she is making you small ?

No I don't think it is the husband. Women pretend a lot and when they get abroad they come out in their true colours or begin to see choices
This has happened to lots of guys especially those who run to Nigeria to pick wife
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by AuroraB(f): 8:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ogbeeni, did you rape her or not angry
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by handsomeyinka(m): 8:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ayodejioak:

Don't mind them.we are used to such stories here in the US too. That's why you need to avoid most Africans, Nigerians especially if you want to go far in any diaspora country. Thank me later

kiss
People like you are typical types of Africans that worship this white people.
Have been in USA for about 7 years and I can tell you authoritatively that most nigerians and africans in diaspora are very honest and hardworking.Even though am a citizen of this country,Nigeria still remains my home hence I still love my country and culture.
Even the so called white people are not all honest and are very lazy,but they still appreciate their culture.
Lets love and appreciate our culture,There's no place like home.
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Ayodejioak(m): 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
handsomeyinka:

People like you are typical types of Africans that worship this white people.
Have been in USA for about 7 years and I can tell you authoritatively that most nigerians and africans in diaspora are very honest and hardworking.Even though am a citizen of this country,Nigeria still remains my home hence I still love my country and culture.
Even the so called white people are not all honest and are very lazy,but they still appreciate their culture.
Lets love and appreciate our culture,There's no place like home.

It chills my blood to read replies like these, Especially when its glaring you have no idea of the point here.
First of all I don't understand what you mean by
Have been in USA for about 7 years
If it means you lived here 7 years ago or you travelled here 7 years ago and by a simple way we all know, you found yourself back at MMIA the next day, They both mean the same thing. My point here is we cant judge based on generalized decisions but we can draw conclusions based on experience. I wont go on and on trying to prove further points here.
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by monex(m): 9:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
YelloweWest:

Good question.

Agreed 100%.

These things are better discussed now that a lot of us have different ideas of what we expect from marriage. It prevents tensions later.

Guys should be clear if they are traditional and still expect the submission thing or if they are for "equality".
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Unlimited22: 12:15am On Jan 18, 2018
YelloweWest:

Good question.

Good point, but there's hardly a difference in this context. Where the dichotomy should come in is being respectful and submissive as against being an obedient slave.
Re: "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says by Hollyme: 12:19am On Jan 18, 2018
Na true u talk... I avoid them like plague. [Qquote author=Ayodejioak post=64283606]

kiss
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Abandons Wife Abroad For Trading With Her Body / Couple Spent N3m On Wedding But Got Evicted Weeks Later Cause They’re Owing Rent / Woman, 48, delivers a set of twins after 20 years of marriage (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.