Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,626 members, 7,889,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:16 PM

Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite (1216 Views)

Tunji Braithwaite dead / How Would OBJ Have Handled Amaechi / Jonathan, OBJ Feud Deepens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite by Onlytruth(m): 8:32am On Apr 13, 2010
[size=14pt]Jonathan, OBJ have hidden agenda –Braithwaite [/size]
Written by Kunle Oderemi

EMINENT politician and other personalities, under the aegis of Nigerians United for Democracy (NUD), in Lagos, on Monday, urged Nigerians to be vigilant against perceived moves by former President Olusegun Obasanjo to have third term in power through the back door.

According to them, the former president was trying to achieve it through his supposed proxies like the acting president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan and the former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

Dr Tunji Braithwaite, the leader of National Intervention Group (NIG) said one of the ploys being employed by the former president was the speculated attempt by Jonathan to return Ribadu as EFCC helmsman.

The revolutionary lawyer condemned the reported secret talk between the acting president and Ribadu in the United States (US), describing it as “an unholy romance of Oba-sanjo protegees hell bent on reactivating the buried third term agenda of Obasanjo in a new fashion.”

A statement by the spokesman of NIG, Mr Kintoye Branco Rhodes, quoted Brathwaite of condemning the alleged schemes by Jonathan to nominate Mallam Ribadu as his Special Adviser on Corruption and questioned the rationale for dropping all the charges against him.

“For the benefit of the doubt, the current leadership of the EFCC is more experienced crime buster, which, in all circumstances, has surpassed the record of Ribadu by available facts,” the statement read.

Braithwaite said all legitimate means would be deployed by Nigerians to frustrate the agenda of the clique.

He, therefore, warned the United States government against dabbling into  the internal affairs of the country so as not to provoke Nigerians.

“Yes, the world is now a global village, but nonetheless, we should be wary of international meddling in our internal affairs,” he warned.

He disclosed that the NIG had already proposed the setting up of a regime of peoples’ courts throughout Nigeria to dispense justice.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/3950-jonathan-obj-have-hidden-agenda-braithwaite
Re: Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite by Onlytruth(m): 8:34am On Apr 13, 2010
I haven't taken enough time to study Tunji Braithwaite to know whether he is capable of making dubious allegations. All I know is that any allegation of an OBJ maneuver trips off my alarm bells.  shocked

Could Jonathan be an OBJ proxy?
Painful as this may be, I gotta know the truth.

I also think that they are unnecessarily dragging the name of the US into messy Nigerian politics without any justifications. Nigerians should learn to solve own problems and stop accusing foreigners blindly.
Re: Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite by rickie4us(m): 10:49am On Apr 13, 2010
only time can tell
Re: Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite by marvix(m): 11:21am On Apr 13, 2010
Pls let's ask Braithwhite is every action by govt wrong nd sinister?
Imagine plans 2 bring back Ribadu is evil as it is a ploy by Obj 2 hav 3rd term thru d backdoor, can Braithwhite tell us wat was Ribadus ofence dat he shld remain @ d code of conduct tribunal.

This nations oposition just stay back nd wait 4 govt 2 act then they criticise, at d rate they are goin if d govt announces salary increase 4 workers pple lik Braithwhite will scream economic murder, if govt employs 1m graduates they will be quick 2 remind us dat there are still 10m unemployed graduates.
Re: Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2010
This old, senile and perenial failure should just go and keep his mouth shut. Dubious and envious people always criticise every government move. angry

Honestly, I have nothing but hatred for these type of old and useless men and women. angry
Re: Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite by chidichris(m): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2010
without waiting for such allegations, one can easily say from the delays in making goodluck the acting president and other circumstances souroubing his position.
there can never be a goodluck jonathan if he is not a tested and trusted loyalist to obasanjo.
the only valueable constitution in nigeria is that of obasanjo.
if we want a gooluck who is a man of his own, let the constitution of the coubtry be used in all endeavours.
on the other hand, why is ribadu coming back now after staying away from justice.
those who judge others shld always wait to be judged.
if ribadu was and is not ready to face the law, who then will he come back to judge?
Re: Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite by Kobojunkie: 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2010
What Opposition? There is no such thing as Opposition in Nigeria. They seem to criticize mostly when it affects their POCKETS in that country. lol

I don't know of braithwaite and what he stands for but I do know this is about one of the only reports in a long time where the article provides a source of information. If we are to believe that Obasanjo imposed Yar adua and Jonathan on the nation in 2007, then it makes sense to believe that Obasanjo is still doing most of the work behind the curtains for even this mini-administration.
Re: Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 13, 2010
I know him. He is just an Old man who has been in the media all his life for doing nothing other than shallow criticisms, am sure he does not even understand what he has said here
Re: Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2010
ilugunboy:

This old, senile and perenial failure should just go and keep his mouth shut. Dubious and envious people always criticise every government move. angry

Honestly, I have nothing but hatred for these type of old and useless men and women. angry
it is expected to witness all sorts of rubbish when election time draws nearer but the funny thing is the importance attached to most of the scenarios we may witness.let breadwhite run his mouth as far as he likes.he is only looking for relevance,thanks to the media for that

(1) (Reply)

The Most Notorious Nigerian Governor / National Assembly Doubles Its Budget Allocation / Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso Of Pdp Declared Winner Of Kano Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.