Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State (1493 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Killings: Dambazau Laughing As He Visits Benue (Photos) / Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick / Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Balarabe Knock Kwankwaso For Backing Anti-igbo Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by owoicho13(m): 11:02am On Jan 18, 2018
The leadership of ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, including Afenifere, Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo, Middle Belt and South South Forum, yesterday, stormed Makurdi, Benue State, urging President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress, APC, to embrace the call for the restructuring of the country to save it from imminent collapse.

The leaders, who were in the state to commiserate with Governor Samuel Ortom and the people over the killing of 73 indigenes by herdsmen on new year day, also declared their support for the open grazing prohibition law enacted by the state government.

They also urged other state governments to adopt the law in their various states to check the menace of herdsmen in the country, noting that it was the way to go. This came on a day Niger Delta Avengers, NDA, also called for restructuring of the country, declaring anybody opposed to it, including the Federal Government, as an enemy.

Ohanaeze:

Speaking on behalf of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo, the President-General, Chief John Nnia Nwodo, noted that since military intervention in Nigerian politics, the Nigerian Constitution has become a huge fraud. He said: “I have never seen a country practice democracy and does not respect the voice of the people. We need to restructure Nigeria now or in the next seven years, Nigeria will be extinct. “Restructuring is a national imperative. How can we have a security council consisting of a people from a particular section of the country? It is not fair. Are we a conquered people? “I recall that the global terrorist index rated herdsmen as the fourth most dangerous terrorist group in the world but the federal government has continued to look the other way as they continue to wreak havoc in the country. Nigerians must rise and fight against tyranny in our land. “If politicians fail to address these issues and fail to restructure the country, a time will come when Nigerians will dance on their graves. The truth is that the people of Nigeria are tired of this country. “We must commend Governor Samuel Ortom for his uncommon courage in the face of adversity, he has shown that he is a civilian general.’’

Afenifere:

On his part, the leader of Afenifere delegation, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, urged all Nigerians to support the restructuring of the country to save it from collapse. He said: “The problem we are facing in Nigeria today was created by the Constitution the military imposed on us. “Anything it will take to get us out of this bondage, we will stand firmly with it because the matter is beyond politics. “If we go ahead to conduct any election in Nigeria without changing the Constitution that makes your president the most powerful man in the world, even more powerful than the president of America, we are finished. “We all want to be in Nigeria on terms imposed on us by every section of the country because it will be the people’s Constitution.” While lamenting the leadership style of President Buhari, Chief Adebanjo said: “l had warned Nigerians about President Buhari because he is not a democrat.’’ The elder statesman, who condemned the killings in Benue State, stated that herdsmen never believed that any other tribe existed in the country, describing the impression as regrettable.

South South Forum:

On his part, the leader of the South South Forum, Air Commodore Idongesit Ikanga, retd, warned that all was not well with the country, especially where the innocent were being killed. “We are totally behind Governor Ortom because the greater number of the soldiers that fought the civil war that kept this country united were from Benue. “What happened in the state has further strengthened the call for the restructuring of the country. “We are saying that there must be Nigeria but it must be a country where justice must prevail.”

Middle Belt Forum:

Also speaking, the leader of the Middle Belt Forum, Bala Takaya, said the bloodshed in Nigeria was getting too much. “We pray that the blood of those killed will not go in vain, it will cry for justice before the throne of grace and justice, the author of life. “What happened in Benue is nothing but an ethnic cleansing. How then can we describe a situation where evil forces will besiege the homes of innocent people and murder them in cold blood? “The events in the country at the moment have again brought to the fore, the need for the restructuring of the country in order to save Nigerians more pains and anguish.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by owoicho13(m): 11:03am On Jan 18, 2018
Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by sarrki(m): 11:04am On Jan 18, 2018
I wish its Mr president

I swear am not happy

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by iamJ(m): 11:19am On Jan 18, 2018
sarrki:
I wish its Mr president

I swear am not happy
shld buhari give scholarship to all the families of the people killed, shld buhari go and bath their children, he has done what he can do, he is not jesus, ease up, benue govt shld talk to their people, let the northerners talk to their people, if u dont want them to come to ur land again, communicate properly, dont steal their cows and attack them, if the fulanis were up to no good like people believe, the death numbers would be higher, those guys dont play with their livelihood, make people use their head lets have peace biko
Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by tuniski: 11:20am On Jan 18, 2018
sarrki:
I wish its Mr president

I swear am not happy
By 2019 you might just be the last one standing with this disaster called buhari!

10 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by Moyinoluwa35(f): 11:27am On Jan 18, 2018
am a christian i dont worship cross..i keep saying i rather rot and burn in d deepest part of hell fire forever than being a moslem..m
( Modify ) ( Quote ) ( Report ) ( Sha

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by TheFreeOne: 11:45am On Jan 18, 2018
They also urged other state governments to adopt the law in their various states to check the menace of herdsmen in the country, noting that it was the way to go

They should impressed it on middle belt / southern governors to ensure anti grazing law is implemented asap with a big NO to cow colonies.

Southern Nigeria must come together to put a stop to Hausa/Fulani impunity, greed, injustice and disregard to human lives. It's even better we go our separate ways if they refuse to agree to restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by proeast(m): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2018
Good One! The four progressive zones should unite and cut off the parasites.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by TheFreeOne: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
sarrki:
I wish its Mr president

I swear am not happy

Aren't you aware your president suffers paralysis anytime there's a Fulani herdsmen militia terrorists attacks hence his inability to visit such places so the victims are the ones paying him visits cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by limeta(f): 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
These are no leaders
Give us kanu .south east
Give us fayose south west
Give us any fire from south south even wike will do..
Play time and hat wearing time is over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by Annie939(f): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
good step we must surely get it right one day in this country

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by salam1(m): 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:
am a christian i dont worship cross..i keep saying i rather rot and burn in d deepest part of hell fire forever than being a moslem..m
who u been Christianity help
Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by sunsewa16: 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:

I concur

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by Alexgeneration(m): 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
Buhari the sadist will never visit them because he is still having orgasm from the deaths in Benue

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by zombieTRACKER: 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2018
sarrki:
I wish its Mr president

I swear am not happy

Don't worry
Buhari will visit benue
But just before the 2019 elections

Guess what.... Benue just like they mumu in 2015..will still mumu again in 2019 undecided

You can bet on it

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by Ojiofor: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
Gideon Orka nearly get it done.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by BeingFrank(m): 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
Being Peaceful Shouldn't Be Mistaken To Cowardness. You May Be A Christian But Not A Sheep Meant To Be Slaughtered.
Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by TheFreeOne: 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
BeingFrank:
Being Peaceful Shouldn't Be Mistaken To Cowardness. You May Be A Christian But Not A Sheep Ment To Be Slaughtered.
True.

In my own opinion allowing oneself to be killed without fighting back is a sin against Almighty the giver of life.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by Turantula(m): 6:50pm On Jan 18, 2018
iamJ:
shld buhari give scholarship to all the families of the people killed, shld buhari go and bath their children, he has done what he can do, he is not jesus, ease up, benue govt shld talk to their people, let the northerners talk to their people, if u dont want them to come to ur land again, communicate properly, dont steal their cows and attack them, if the fulanis were up to no good like people believe, the death numbers would be higher, those guys dont play with their livelihood, make people use their head lets have peace biko
Hmmm. Anoda Tailor-wrist spotted
Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by ifyan(m): 6:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
A very welcome development.

Time for the southern part plus the middle part of the country to act now
Re: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, Middle Belt & South South Forum Visits Benue State by TheKingdom: 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
ifyan:
A very welcome development.

Time for the southern part plus the middle part of the country to act now

Apparently you have amnesia because this and these groups have met before over the last 15+ years with absolutely nothing to show for improvement for their “people”.

In fact I ask for especially OHANEZE to be declared a Terrorist Group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cfZEY3R6Io

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, Nneoma Okorocha Etc / FG Announces Modality, Names Dignitaries For Conferment Of Nat Honors on Abiola / Roli Bode-george In Messy Scandal : Allegedly Uses NDEA Might To Forcefully Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.