Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,225 members, 7,904,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 07:38 AM

Admission Seeking Depression: Help Us Save Kehinde's Education. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admission Seeking Depression: Help Us Save Kehinde's Education. (513 Views)

Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) / Taiwo and Kehinde Adegoke: Twins Called To Bar (Photos) / Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Admission Seeking Depression: Help Us Save Kehinde's Education. by micronut(m): 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
Dear Nigerians, Help us save Kehinde's Education in the hands of an impending Academic Depression.

I am so SAD and I need your help to make this go viral. It's bad that what we have to do for this brilliant boy in a country like this is to fight for his education, by extension, his future..

I must first commend the Permanent Secretary Education District 1 Lagos for honoring this brilliant boy and the award of recognition given to him

I met kehinde today at the award ceremony to recognise him and many other students who did well.

Kehinde made Nine (9) A1's in WAEC and is the best WAEC result holder in Lagos Education District 1 and by extension, Lagos State.

Kehinde also scored 279 in Jamb and selected University of Ibadan to study Medicine.

Kehinde finished from a public secondary school and has a mum who is a retired teacher.

As I write this, Kehinde wasn't offered provisional admission at UI for reasons I am yet to understand. Kehinde Twin brother resumed yesterday at FUTA leaving Kehinde who has the best result at home with so much uncertainty

I can tell you, Kehinde is not happy. He's tired and frustrated and he just couldn't understand why his effort and his years of studying is not paying off..

Please my friends, I need you to share this story and let us help Kehinde to get this admission at University of Ibadan.

Rock bottom should be allowed to thrive if they put in effort to be great. This is wrong. This is not right. Kehinde shouldn't even be at home

Please friends... Share this story

For clarification: University of Ibadan Post UTME for medicine is 71 and he scored 61. They advised that he get a change of course form to Veterinary Medicine which is 60 for merit and he did But as we speak, he's not even admitted for the Vet medicine

https://ui.edu.ng/news/20172018-cut-marks

Cc: olawalebabs, Richiez, Fynestboi

Re: Admission Seeking Depression: Help Us Save Kehinde's Education. by Offpoint: 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
se na only UI dey ni? abi all de school him choose no gree admit am ni? maybe dem feel se de guy go outshine him lecturers...
abeg make him go learn work or still collect jamb and try again.
Re: Admission Seeking Depression: Help Us Save Kehinde's Education. by Weedfree: 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
Dear Kehinde, please take it easy. it is normal to feel the way you feel. When I was younger, my mother told me about an essay titled "May your road be rough" by Tai solar in. she said the essay talks about people facing difficulties in life and how you must struggle to live your dreams. Life comes with disappointment, and this is one of them. But you have to hold on, be patient and don't give up. It is sad to say that you are neither the first or the last, that has been disappointed by our educational system. you would never get over the disappointment immediately but gradual you would come to accept it. you would cry, you would hate God, you would hate your loved ones, you would be envious of your classmates already in school,you would hate Nigeria. all this emotions are normal so believe in God, he is never too late. You must have heard this before but write another Jamb, this doesn't makes you a failure but dreamer, who would never give up. Don't lose faith in God and yourself. Please don't be depressed. Be strong. Defeat this Struggle, don't let it overwhelm you. The Lord is your strength
Re: Admission Seeking Depression: Help Us Save Kehinde's Education. by micronut(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
Weedfree:
Dear Kehinde, please take it easy. it is normal to feel the way you feel. When I was younger, my mother told me about an essay titled "May your road be rough" by Tai solar in. she said the essay talks about people facing difficulties in life and how you must struggle to live your dreams. Life comes with disappointment, and this is one of them. But you have to hold on, be patient and don't give up. It is sad to say that you are neither the first or the last, that has been disappointed by our educational system. you would never get over the disappointment immediately but gradual you would come to accept it. you would cry, you would hate God, you would hate your loved ones, you would be envious of your classmates already in school,you would hate Nigeria. all this emotions are normal so believe in God, he is never too late. You must have heard this before but write another Jamb, this doesn't makes you a failure but dreamer, who would never give up. Don't lose faith in God and yourself. Please don't be depressed. Be strong. Defeat this Struggle, don't let it overwhelm you. The Lord is your strength

Thanks for this soul lifting contribution..I so much appreciate this, on his behalf.. We just feel the admission for this year is still open at UI, and possibly if we get this to the notice of those that matter, a way of getting another course could open. This can demoralize a young mind, if not well guided, a reason why where are trying frantically to save him of the horrors.

Would appreciate if Mod fynestboi can help push this to the homepage.

Thanks once again! Merci boqui
Re: Admission Seeking Depression: Help Us Save Kehinde's Education. by micronut(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2018
Offpoint:
se na only UI dey ni? abi all de school him choose no gree admit am ni? maybe dem feel se de guy go outshine him lecturers...
abeg make him go learn work or still collect jamb and try again.

Lol...Thanks all the same.
Re: Admission Seeking Depression: Help Us Save Kehinde's Education. by Batomi: 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2018
mine is registeration fees deepression

(1) (Reply)

Yaya Bello's List For The New Executives Of Kogi State University Student Union / Warning Signs To Note Before Picking A University Of Study / I Need Help Identifying This Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.