Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,633 members, 7,951,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:55 PM

Tinubu Asked Me To Return To APC, Says Olusola Oke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Asked Me To Return To APC, Says Olusola Oke (1225 Views)

Ondo: Olusola Oke Submits Nomination Forms, Insists On Direct Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Asked Me To Return To APC, Says Olusola Oke by jayjay213: 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
The candidate of the Alliance for Democracy in the 2016 governorship election in Ondo State, Chief Olusola Oke has said that National leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was instrumental to his return to the APC.

Oke was speaking at the welcome rally organised for him by the APC at the MKO Abiola Democracy Park in Akure.

The former AD governorship candidate was received to the APC by Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN) in the company of members of the state executive and party leaders led by acting APC chairman in the state, Engr. Ade Adetimehin.

“I want to thank the national leader of our party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I am thanking him because before I made up my mind to come to APC, I engaged in a very engaging and wide consultation, and he encouraged me to return to APC, I want to thank him,” Oke said.

Oke also appreciated, in particular, Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola and other south-west APC governors for the part they played in his return. He appreciated Governor Akeredolu for his “understanding and magnanimity in allowing his return to the party.

He said, “Today would have been impossible if from the attitude, from the utterance, or body language, I was not convinced that he wanted me back.

“But I am pleased to report to all of you here today, that Mr. Governor demonstrated in every aspect that he wanted me back in APC.

The AD aspirant also said his return to APC will afford the Akeredolu-led administration time to focus on good governance and free of the distraction of having him as an opposition figure.

“I have always been a concern for other governors, the past administration, most of the times preoccupied themselves trying to study what will Oke do because I was not inside.

“I want you to devote all your time to core responsibility of governance and allow us to coordinate activities in the state so that you will have much time.

“My being outside, Mr. Governor would have occupied part of your time in calculating what would Oke do next. But I have come to join you that you will have all the peace to govern the state.

“I have come back to APC to put at the disposal of my bother and friend whatever ideas I have, whatever visions I possess, whatever my dreams are for this state, without waiting further for such a time that God will make it possible for me to be in the saddle.

“I want to volunteer and give to you more ideas and support you in whatever way I can.

“My belief is that at this critical time in the life of Ondo state, all well-wishers must support the government of the day, and I know I am a well-wisher.

He also assured the governor himself and his followers will give the APC-led administration in the state their full loyalty and support.

Chief Oke pleaded with the leaders of the APC across the 203 wards in the state to open their doors to the decampees, as they are ready to deliver for President Muhammadu Buhari 1 million votes in the 2019 general election.

In his remark, Governor Akeredolu welcomed Olusola Oke back to the party.

According to him, they are happy to have the decampees in the APC, because “there is room for more”.

The governor further noted that all the issues that made Chief Oke leave the APC were bygone.

Akeredolu encouraged all others who intend to return to the APC to signify their intention to rejoin the party, and they will be received.

The new members of the party were received by Engr. Adetimehin who welcomed them back to their home.

Adetimehin encouraged all those who are joining the party to go back to their various wards and register formally so they can be formally admitted as members of the APC.

Among those who joined Olusola Oke were his deputy governorship candidate, Gani Dauda and other leaders of his campaign team.

The APC also received in its fold the governorship candidate of the Democratic Peoples Party, DPP Mrs. Olamide Falana.

http://www.sunshineherald.news/tinubu-asked-return-apc-says-olusola-oke/
Re: Tinubu Asked Me To Return To APC, Says Olusola Oke by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Permutations don start
Re: Tinubu Asked Me To Return To APC, Says Olusola Oke by creatorsverse(m): 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
Do this and ur generation to come wont carry ur last name
Re: Tinubu Asked Me To Return To APC, Says Olusola Oke by sarrki(m): 10:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
creatorsverse:

Please just listen to the words of your mouth?
Re: Tinubu Asked Me To Return To APC, Says Olusola Oke by sarrki(m): 10:15pm On Jan 18, 2018
creatorsverse:

It seems you lack comprehension

He's there already
Re: Tinubu Asked Me To Return To APC, Says Olusola Oke by anibirelawal(m): 10:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
creatorsverse:

what are you trying to prove by saying this shi.t
Re: Tinubu Asked Me To Return To APC, Says Olusola Oke by creatorsverse(m): 11:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
One thing nigerians refuse to believe is dat our politician are just yahoo boys with authority.... Noting good can ever cum out of a politician.... Even d common yahoo boys are now joining political party....

To me i prefer fred ajudua to become d president dan any other politician in nigeria

the 3Ps u shud fear in nigeria are
police
politician
pastors

by 2019 we wud have spend 20 yrs under democracy and we were ruled 12 yrs by men who ruled during d military regime but dint last long in power...... The truth is that i prefer the nigeria of d military regime dan d nigeria of democracy..... At list then there is fear in d mind of every nigeria.....

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. / Nigerian Youths Elect Consensus Candidate For 2019 Presidential Election (PICS) / Buhari Is Behind The Jihadist Fulani Herdsmen Attacks,Witness From Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.