Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,703 members, 7,921,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 07:38 AM

Pls Help! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls Help! (640 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! by Mrme: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2010
Hello everyone,
I am supposed to be getting married to a girl summer next year but I'll like advice from people on here.
I need these advice because I am out of Nigeria and would love to marry a Nigerian girl. Anyone who has had a relationship before living Nigeria might understand want I'm saying a bit better. Anyway, this girl has cheated more than a couple of times which definitely hurts but after series of begging here & there she's been forgiven! About two months ago, she met a guy recently, she told me about it and said they were just friends but I had a feeling it won't end there! I told her to stop being friends with him and she got mad and said NO! She claimed her life is miserable and she doesn't have any friends, bla bla bla

Anyway, this turned in to a misunderstanding for about two weeks! At the end of two weeks, I told her it was over unless she tells me the whole truth! She admitted to kissing the guy once but stopped talking to him as he made further advances! The problem is every time I threaten to break up the relationship unless she told me the truth she always spill the beans in fear! Her parents are a bit religious and they always support me irrespective of what she tells them! I was forced to tell her mum about this last action and the mum was furious about it! She even said I've been too caring and shouldn't have accepted her apology yet!

I know she's lonely, I understand I only visit Nigeria once or twice a year but is it sensible to go ahead with this relationship/marriage with the hope that things will get better when she comes over here? I have a feeling someone of such behavior might turn into something else when she gets here? I've lost a lot respect for her but the relationship is over 6 years now, I've met her parents, she's met mine and previous attempts to break up has always been complicated because of family involvement. I have been unable to tell my parents the truth just in case I end up marrying her but I just thought I'll listen to an open audience!
Thank to you all in advance!
Re: Pls Help! by candyshore: 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2010
i really think u shld think about this well. nd ask ur male friends wat they think. left to me i think u shld just be watchful, maybe she is just be lonely, moreover noone is perfect
Re: Pls Help! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 13, 2010
ALARM BELLS ARE RINGING This union has divorce written all over it. sad sad
Re: Pls Help! by Travelista(f): 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

ALARM BELLS ARE RINGING This union has divorce written all over it. sad sad

Girl, say it again! What do you think will happen once she leaves Nigeria? That she'll stop cheating? Chances are that she'll get worse and if you're bringing her to the US, just know that you won't be able to stop her from doing a damn thing; I've seen so many men bring their wives here and these girls grow wings you wouldn't even imagine.
Re: Pls Help! by jeebeewell: 5:14pm On Apr 13, 2010
@ poster, guy i diagnosed you soon-be a victim of heart break and divorce.
What kind of loneliness will drive her to recurrent flirting and sleeping around.
If you get her down here to US, i tell you, you will regret you've made the greatest mistake of your life.
SHIN YOUR EYES

(1) (Reply)

Guys Only: What Do U Do At Weddings? / Code That Will Chang Your Life For Ever If! / I And My Mother's Age Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.