Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,449 members, 7,917,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:25 AM

My White Little Crimes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My White Little Crimes (417 Views)

Series: Crimes That Bind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My White Little Crimes by isahkadir1(m): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2018
I'm an upcoming writer and this is my first story. It's about my life with my childhood friend.

Please I'm a novice writer writer, if you find any mistake, endeavor to correct me politely. Thanks

The story!!!

I need not to tell you that I came from a well disciplined home just like every other person here, even though some of us actually came from a broken home. Nobody ever wish to say bad about his/her family but trust me we all have problem(s) in our family. Some of which are caused either by the parents or the children. I'm very close to my two parents, I don't really know who loves me the most amongst them as they both compete to show me love. competition to me, can't be won by any of them. I love my parents. My dad would always advice me to stay away from bad friends, which I did. But this particular guy, I can't stay away from, despite knowing that he's a criminal. I did my best to make sure he left the work. He's a thief! First time in life I was so attached to a thief. His story were touching, he didn't cook them, they were true life stories which you will get to know as we go.
At 9,we were so close but he wouldn't stop the stealing so I decided to distance myself from him. He was caught sometimes when he was 17 and was punished severely that everybody thought he would change. He did change, but for a while... It was crazy!
Fast forward to 2016, I got a news that he fled home and I had the whiff of where he might be or is it just my mental imagination? But my guess was right! He was where I had thought he was; Girinya. And I know why he was there, meeting with his old time friend, me. Before I got the news he had already spent 2 weeks in the same town with me. This while, he had been calculating my movements and was looking for the best time to strike, strike as in killing me? No, to explain things to me because I needed an explanation for why he has refused to stop stealing. We eventually met on the first day of the third week of his stay at Girinya. He explained everything to me. He also confessed that he stolen some bags of rice and millet to sell them, one thing about him is that he doesn't like hard works, that's one of the characteristics of a thief, even an armed robber. I feigned sadness when we met, I was so hard on him then he decided to explain everything to me, how he started stealing and the mysterious story behind it... You know Pharoah would have been a good man on earth but the curse that befall upon him was caused by either of his parents: father or mother, I can't recall!

(1) (Reply)

No Matter How Bad The Land Is, There Is Good In It / To Love Her Forever . . . Or Not – A Short Story By Darlington Chibuzor / Chimamanda Adichie, Nnedi Okorafor Have Nomiated For The Noble Peace Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.