Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,850 members, 7,945,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 02:54 AM

I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! (7786 Views)

Buhari Won’t Force Ministers To Declare Assets Publicly —presidency / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by SkyBlue1: 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2010
mikeansy:

I think previous commentaries recognised that Yar'adua and OBJ wear also wearing sectional cultural gowns and they are part of the criticisms.

And some people would probably criticise the leaders if they wore a suit; imagine some market women trying to relate to such a figure as opposed to someone dressed in something they are more familiar with. So why make this an issue?
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 14, 2010
Sky Blue:

Are you listening to yourself? What on earth has wearing 'danciki' got to do with corruption and good governance? WOW!

I think cicero is right. We are wallowing in ignorance and arrogance over nothing. Celebrating our culture in world head of states events as if no one else in the world has a culture even though there is no infrastructure or good life to support our arrogance.

I think we need to get serious. If we were a serious country may be our gowns would have been a symbol of achievements, but right now those gowns are a symbol of our unique corruption and lacklustre attitude to everything.

Some of them even look like Pyjamas and betrays a leader who would rather be sleeping than leading.

Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by SkyBlue1: 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2010
mikeansy:

I think cicero is right. We are wallowing in ignorance and arrogance over nothing. Celebrating our culture in world head of states events as if no one else in the world has a culture even though there is no infrastructure or good life to support our arrogance.

I think we need to get serious. If we were a serious country may be our gowns would have been a symbol of achievements, but right now those gowns are a symbol of our unique corruption and lacklustre attitude to everything.

Some of them even look like Pyjamas and betrays a leader who would rather be sleeping than leading.

I would reply with the same response since I think it is completely relevant to the shaky justifications you are attempting to use.

Sky Blue:

Are you listening to yourself? What on earth has wearing 'danciki' got to do with corruption and good governance? WOW!
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by illusion2: 3:42pm On Apr 14, 2010
mikeansy:

Do you know the history behind Bolar Harts and most other Nigerian attires?
Bolar Hats are not Nigerian by origin, they were some of the items given by white men to warrant chiefs in other to aqcuire slaves from Nigeria.
So when folks talk about what is Nigerian and what is'nt try to understand the history behind these things.

This story is also same for so many other attires won in Nigeria.

The textile industry did not start from Nigeria. If we truly want to reflect the cultures of our forefathers we will be dressing in leaves.

This is the slave mentality,the 'oyinbos' have imbibed in Africans. . . 'You were 'cave men ' before we found you. Mungo Park 'discovered' the river Niger,despite the fact that a lot of trade had been going on in that area for many years.

I remember asking my dad the same question many years ago-what were we wearing before the white men came ? undecided
[size=38pt]MY FRIEND GET OUT OF THAT SLAVE MENTALITY !!![/size],

our ancestors wore proper clothes. .  .the white man did not invent iro & buba. . .  .neither did they invent aso-oke,from my part of the country.

The hat is wearing is not a 'bolar' hat by the way.

Wake up & stop all these nonsensical comments !
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by DoubleN(m): 3:54pm On Apr 14, 2010
These politicians are very wonderful people, i like the way they rigmarole around simple questions. E.g is Iwu Credible? Ans =4 Sentences. Lol
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 14, 2010
chidichris:

all jonathan supporter shld first of all ask, where is the constitution of nigeria? what is the position of the constitution in circumstances like this? jonathan is just the toy of that ottah farmer.
the day yar adua became the president of nigeria, that day he hand over himself to the federal republic of nigeria as decissions regarding his life no longer belongs to the family.
it is the responsibility of nigeria to say how and where the president will be treated and not the family dictecting for the country knowing too well that the expenses will be on nigeria.
in other places, he that pays the piper dictects the tone but here, he that sat in ottah farm dictects the tone.
you raised an important issue here.nigerians are only sentimental and interested in tribal issues.jonathan as an acting president granted an interview to a tv station like cnn;displaying total ignorant of not being allowed access to yaradua while religious have had access to him and you guys are busy attending to highly irrelevant issues.jonathan is more or less a figure head trying to find legitimacy for his kangaroo government.there is nothing special about granting interview to amanpour,fyi,robert mugabe has once granted an interview to her.success of a govt doesnt need to be advertise on tv,jonathan should make use of the little time available to him to make a noticeable impact.
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by otukpo(f): 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2010
VERY IMPRESSIVE RESPONSES FROM JONATHAN.

HE HAS SHOWN THAT HE IS SMART, SMARTER THAN THEY.
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by morpheus24: 6:09pm On Apr 14, 2010
illusion2:

This is the slave mentality,the 'oyinbos' have imbibed in Africans. . . 'You were 'cave men ' before we found you. Mungo Park 'discovered' the river Niger,despite the fact that a lot of trade had been going on in that area for many years.

our ancestors wore proper clothes. . .the white man did not invent iro & buba. . . .neither did they invent aso-oke,from my part of the country.

The hat is wearing is not a 'bolar' hat by the way.

Wake up & stop all these nonsensical comments !

You should have asked your pops if we have caves in Africa to live in.( this is not to insult you by the way)

To clairfy. The southern ethnic groups of nigeria did have attires but they were minimal in body covering as it would be ridiculous to cover our entire bodies when we had to deal with the scorching heat and temperatures of the rainforest belts.

In contrast our nothern savannah neighbours adorned relatively more clothing which is why til today much of our fashion sense still eminates from northern peoples
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Beaf: 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2010
Traditional attire hasn't stopped India from developing or being respected.

Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Beaf: 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2010
Singhs gear above is not much different from Uncle Joe's. Perhaps those who are arguing against his attire would be happy if it was given an inner lining, making it look cleaner lined and project power.
Thats something for our fashion designers to learn.
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2010
Beaf:

Traditional attire hasn't stopped India from developing or being respected.

Beaf is the safari suit being worn by Singh any cultural attire in India? Please tell me which

He used to wear his cultural attire but he also seem to be mordenising and improvising
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Beaf: 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2010
mikeansy:

Beaf is the safari suit being worn by Singh any cultural attire in India? Please tell me which

He used to wear his cultural attire but he also seem to be mordenising and improvising

It looks like a Safari suit but it isn't. Its called a Nehru jacket, here's a wikipedia except;

The Nehru jacket is a hip-length tailored coat for men or women, with a mandarin collar, and modeled on the South Asian achkan or sherwani, an apparel worn by Jawaharlal Nehru, the Prime Minister of India from 1947 to 1964. However, unlike the achkan, which falls somewhere below the knees of the wearer, the Nehru jacket is not only shorter, but also, in all respects other than the collar, resembles the suit jacket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nehru_Jacket

We too, can clean up the lines of our traditional attire as I mentioned above and have befitting power dresses that have no foreign roots.
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Dominoifet(m): 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2010
Brilliant!!! Guess who is back?!!!

I think Jaja of Opobo sorry Jaja of Nigeria is back!!!

May he not end up like be4 (amen). I think he won't, considering d way he has handled Amar babe.

That was exceptional. Good thinking, good direction

I think he was similarly undermined like Fashola but now we know better, our prayers r getting answered

Since he has stressed this power problem, I hope our internal foes - IBB and goons won't work against electricity availability to discredit him.
I pray not. God pls disgrace them
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Dominoifet(m): 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2010
What matters most right now is d way the mind is dressed to give change we can believe in and not the body which also shouldn't be overlooked.
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Nigerd(m): 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2010
I like dis guy wella
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by rebranded(m): 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2010
I never knew a time would come that i would be excited about any Nigerian President, thank God that time has come

God be with you GJ! and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by truly: 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2010
Let us face reality
IBB can give more intelligent answers
Nobody can doubt the brilliance of IBB for instance
But that is not the issue
Is IBB trustworthy?
We should praise GJ when he performs
And he has said that he will not contest unless he does
Although, like Iwu, he will mark his own scripts
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2010
So if he is yet to see him, and only a medical doctor could tell the state of Yaradua's Health, how come Jonathan now sign a deal to allow Yaradua to continue treatment abroad?
Are they forgetting that the money belongs to Nigerians?
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by rebranded(m): 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2010
Fhemmmy:

So if he is yet to see him, and only a medical doctor could tell the state of Yaradua's Health, how come Jonathan now sign a deal to allow Yaradua to continue treatment abroad?
Are they forgetting that the money belongs to Nigerians?

You want him to be held responsible for the death of the President?, plus i dont believe that story of signing anything

What do you have against Goodluck Mr. i know you are for IBB
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2010
Rebranded

Did this interview clarify anything to you?

Shebi I told you Jonathan has not made public his intentions on Maurice Iwu's future

I won't be suprised if it goes either way.
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Fhemmmy: 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2010
rebranded:

You want him to be held responsible for the death of the President?, plus i dont believe that story of signing anything

What do you have against Goodluck Mr. i know you are for IBB

Another attack of Character, i am not for anyone, i am just for a better Nigeria.
We have been lied to for years and just tired of the lies and games.
Real all i have said about Jonathan and you will see i wish him the best and hope he will make the best of the chance he has now to make some changes, cos history will judge them all
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by rebranded(m): 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2010
@mikensy

yeah i remember you said it, but i still believe if he doesnt remove him people will be disappointed and nothing else he does will be applauded
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Fhemmmy: 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2010
rebranded:

yeah i remember you said it, but i still believe if he doesnt remove him people will be disappointed and nothing else he does will be applauded

He already said that whoever does not perform would be sent away, and the good ones will be kept, so this means that if he kept Iwu, he see what we dont see, so time will tell.
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2010
Nice response from GJ, I can imagine if it was OJO Madueke speaking, undecided undecided undecided He would have made a complete fool of himself grin
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by rebranded(m): 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Another attack of Character, i am not for anyone, i am just for a better Nigeria.
We have been lied to for years and just tired of the lies and games.
Real all i have said about Jonathan and you will see i wish him the best and hope he will make the best of the chance he has now to make some changes, cos history will judge them all

@ Fhemmy

I remember you saying you will vote for IBB instead of GJ, I agree everyone has their vote and opinion, but it bothers me that if you are in for a better Nigeria you would go for IBB??
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Apr 14, 2010
rebranded:

@ Fhemmy

I remember you saying you will vote for IBB instead of GJ, I agree everyone has their vote and opinion, but it bothers me that if you are in for a better Nigeria you would go for IBB??

Is Jonathan better? Do we have records to show this at this point? AT least we have records showing that IBB is probably not the best for the country, and this is based on facts. Are we not getting ahead of ourselves here asking for votes for a man who we have yet to see do anything worth judging him as a leader by?
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by jaybee3(m): 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2010
Johny boy is on CNN now with Amanpour
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by tubabie(f): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2010
^^^Am watching. . . . . The guy is intelligent and articulate.
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Beaf: 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2010
rebranded:

@ Fhemmy

Very true.
Quite a few people don't know how evil IBB is. There is no way we can compare Jonathan and IBB, its like oil and water.
. . .Did I hear that IBB lives in a 50 room mansion? What does a normal human need 50 rooms for?
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 14, 2010
[size=18pt]wetin dey brilliant about acting president telling the world that he has no access to a sick substative president because of his wife?[/size]
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Dominoifet(m): 8:37pm On Apr 14, 2010
Let us face realityIBB can give more intelligent answers. Nobody can doubt the brilliance of IBB for instance. But that is not the issueIs IBB trustworthy?We should praise GJ when he performsAnd he has said that he will not contest unless he doesAlthough, like Iwu, he will mark his own scripts

Maybe that baron will or not that was way back then in d early days of our dark age, but a new dawn is here. He doesn't have d pedigree so nothing he says would b credible.

I don't think he can stand on d same intellectual pedestal like Lucky Joe. It is not how long but how well. It is not in d flashing of gap tooth or in the reteirated abundance of insha allah.

I say again of Jonathan those responses gives a measurable depree of confidence we can believe in.
Re: I Won’t Force Myself To Meet Yar’adua, Says Jonathan ! by Fhemmmy: 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2010
rebranded:

@ Fhemmy

I never had and will never have a problem with Jonathan.
You shd have asked why i would vote for IBB instead of Jonathan. . . . . A devil known is better than the unknown, and as far as i am concerned, i am yet to see any difference.
Jonathan is yet to declare what side he is, all he has been doing is talking, let us see some action.
A man that fired people and just wasted money to hire them back? what was the use of the whole fiasco od dissolving the FEC?
However, i am willing to wait and see how it will all act out, so i am open minded about him and all these

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stop The Curses / Nigerians Mark Awolowo’s Posthumous Birthday / PIB: A Bad Deal For Host Communities By Oke Umurhohwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.