Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,724 members, 7,892,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:49 PM

Carbon Monoxide Kills Faster Than Hiv/aids.... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Carbon Monoxide Kills Faster Than Hiv/aids.... (505 Views)

Hepatitis B More Infectious Than HIV - Dr Bello Kumo / Carbon Monoxide: The Colourless, Odourless Killer / 4 Ways To Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carbon Monoxide Kills Faster Than Hiv/aids.... by Kumashi2: 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
Something I witnessed this morning.....

I boarded a car from choba (port harcourt) to bayelsa this morning. The vehicle took off from Rumuokoro.

There were 2 guys already at the back seat and I joined them to make it 3. One of the guys was asleep when I entered. We proceeded With d journey. One person was sitting at the front seat.

After about 12 kilometers, my eyes started peppering me and I started perceiving a choking smell. I perceived the smell was from the car exhaust (carbon monoxide).

I immediately alerted the driver and asked him if his boot was opened or the car exhaust was leaking? He said yes that the boot (trunk) isn't closing proper. He pleaded we should please endure it. The passenger at the front seat said I should manage that I will soon drop that it nothing.

I tried to endure for a while, but something came to my mind. The guy that was sleeping hasn't woken up, so I thought about the safety part of this guy. (I am a safety officer and a trained 1st aider). I tried to check for responsiveness but there was no pulse (checked through his neck and his wrist).

I quickly alerted the driver and we parked. We brought the guy out and observed he was unconscious due to the smoke from the exhaust. We laid him properly.

People were panicking. I immediately commenced Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and he responded within the 1st CPR cycle.

After few minutes he was very ok. He then narrated that all he could remembered was that he started feeling a choking smell and that was all....

Please let's learn from this ...
CARBON MONOXIDE KILLS FASTER THAN HIV/AIDS....
Most times IGNORANCE & NEGLIGENCE KILLS FASTER THAN WE THINK....
When you noticed something, please say or do something immediately....
Re: Carbon Monoxide Kills Faster Than Hiv/aids.... by marooh: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Oga PHCN una done hear am

1 Like

Re: Carbon Monoxide Kills Faster Than Hiv/aids.... by ictty(m): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2018
Abeg wetin u con do for the driver.

U for tie him to the back sit then someone else sud drive for like 2hrs. It seem he didnt feel the pain the passengers are going through. He knew the problem of the bus yet he keep managing it.

1 Like

Re: Carbon Monoxide Kills Faster Than Hiv/aids.... by Kumashi2: 7:31am On Feb 04, 2018
ictty:
Abeg wetin u con do for the driver.

U for tie him to the back sit then someone else sud drive for like 2hrs. It seem he didnt feel the pain the passengers are going through. He knew the problem of the bus yet he keep managing it.

Lol......
Honestly... He knew it and still risk people's lives.....
Re: Carbon Monoxide Kills Faster Than Hiv/aids.... by Kumashi2: 7:34am On Feb 04, 2018
Cc.....

Lalasticlala..
Seun....
Ishilove.... n co

Pls let's people take note.....

SOME ACCIDENTS ARE AVOIDABLE....

(1) (Reply)

Life Dont Matter In ABUTH Hospital Anymore / Solution To Failed IVF / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.