Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,377 members, 7,968,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 03:35 PM

More Facts About Cattle Colonies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Facts About Cattle Colonies (2569 Views)

More Facts On Magu Looting Funds Emerge - Daily Independent / Cattle Colonies In Nigeria: 16 States Ready / Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Facts About Cattle Colonies by Zuluhead(m): 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
The Nigerian government have decided to establish cattle colonies in every state of the country.

Each colony will be ten thousand (10,000) hectares of land. This will be for Fulani herdsmen.

Do you know that:
(1) 1 hectare is a football field.
(2) 10 hectares is 0.1 square kilometres.
(3) 100 hectares is 1 square kilometres.
(4) 1,000 hectares is 10 square kilometres.

Do you know that many local governments land mass in Nigeria are smaller than one colony?

Infact almost every local governments land mass in Nigeria are smaller than a colony?

So they want to establish one Fulani local govt area in every state in Nigeria.

Do you know that there is only one (1) cattle colony in the whole world? It is in Pakistan,near the town of Karachi.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by Sunnymatey(m): 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2018
They must be Reasoning frm their anus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by delpee(f): 9:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
So 10,000 hectares is 100 square kilometres! shocked

That may be larger than some local government areas I think.
Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by SalamRushdie: 9:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
Buhari will fail in his plot in Jesus name ..I pray Audu Ogbe is banished from his home state and declared a persona non grata..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by jwals: 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
delpee:
So 10,000 hectares is 100 square kilometres! shocked

That may be larger than some local government areas I think.
It is indeed larger than most local government , i also suggest they are really thinking from their anus too

3 Likes

Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by ibnquasale(m): 12:42am On Jan 23, 2018
Nigerian Landmass = 923,768sq.km

Proposed Cattle Colony = 10,000hectares/State + FCT = 37

Colony = 370,000 hectares

Me: so technically they want to give Fulani Herdsmen killers 1/3 of Nigeria.

These people are yet to tell us their plans.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by lilkech(m): 2:29am On Jan 23, 2018
I explained this same thing to one id10t on another thread and he was arguing with me

He will soon come here, see this write up and ignore it

Useless BMC’s on NL

God punish all of them one by one or as a whole

Iranu

1 Like

Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by SHOPPERS(m): 2:42am On Jan 23, 2018
Yeepaa

Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by ifyalways(f): 4:15am On Jan 23, 2018
China is turning deserts in green fields and agricultural zones, Isreal has been doing that for years ,the excuse that desert encroachment and desertification is the reason cattle rearers are taking their herds down south by the emir of kano doesn't hold water. The truth is that intellectual laziness is one of our problems. The way we go about solving our problems is so disappointing . $2 billion was spent looking for oil in the north, just think what that amount would have done in fighting desertification? Many countries have succeeded in reducing the size of their desert . Even in south Africa an individual was able to do that without government support. Saudi Arabia that is almost a desert doesn't herd cattles all over the place!! Cattle rearing is the only multi-billion business in nigeria that doesn't pay tax,has no fixed address and doesn't even pay rent . [/b]It's the only business that destroys other people source of livelihood as part of their routine. The emir also claim there in no water in the north ,the reason there is no water is because the government has not made any intellectual effort to solve the issue of water. Even if you want to rear your cattle in the south,come down and buy land and establish a cattle ranch ,it is allowed. Businesses are modernizing and cattle rearing shouldn't be left out. The north is just addicted to this mentality that everything [b]must be given to them free. They should go and ask dangote how much he paid lagos state government for land to site his industries. Leaders in this country are just liars ,they like being deceitful with statements. I wonder why they just hate sincere progress!!! Except they want us to believe that cattle rearing is not done by private businessmen but another branch of government agency hence the need for a government provided free land!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by MayorofLagos(m): 5:01am On Jan 23, 2018
Let's be careful and not push too much on the call for fulani to buy land in South for ranching.

What if FG subsidize their land purchase for ranching, then what?

First and foremost, States willing to allow ranching should set up the framework.

Is there any cap on the acreage of land?

How many ranches can be collocated per LG?

Can ranches be situated in LG that abutt each other, and stride across the adjoining LGs?

Can any fulani own a ranch, regardless of nationality?

Can a land sold for ranching be later converted for other purpose of business, agro or not?

Its a lot of questions to ask and our lawmakers should be engaged to structure laws formulated against the backdrop of colony or grazing camps.
Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by UncleJudax(m): 7:44am On Jan 23, 2018
ibnquasale:
Nigerian Landmass = 923,768sq.km

Proposed Cattle Colony = 10,000hectares/State + FCT = 37

Colony = 370,000 hectares

Me: so technically they want to give Fulani Herdsmen killers 1/3 of Nigeria.

These people are yet to tell us their plans.
Lol. You wait make them tell you?

1 Like

Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by classicalbenson(m): 8:16am On Jan 23, 2018
for the fools....sai baba
Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by SK3NKI(m): 8:32am On Jan 23, 2018
I think wen Donald trump said Nigeria wz a shithole it was more of a predictive and prophetic statement, imagine we hav colonies in every Nigerian state, then imagine a colony filled with cow shit, thats about 100 square kilometers of cow shit, now multiply 100 by 36 thats 3600 square kilometers of cow shit, now tell me if Donald trump was wrong to call Nigeria a shithole? Infact I think he meant shit'whole'! Rubbish.
Re: More Facts About Cattle Colonies by Elukapendragon(m): 8:44am On Jan 23, 2018
undecided undecided they should convert sambisa forest to their colony

(1) (Reply)

Join Adebayo Adelabu Penkelemes For Governor Support Group? / Look What he Is Doing. / Yorubas Are The ONLY Obstacle To Southern Unity Against The Buhari Menace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.