Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,355 members, 7,964,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:05 PM

What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? (26101 Views)

How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? / How Did Igbos Achieve This? / See What Arewa Youths Did Igbos Disturbing VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by kettykings: 1:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
igbos should just prepare for 2023 if it means another Ifeajuna and Nzeogwu coming up, if it means another brutal insurrection if it means by election or any peaceful means whatever it is going to take igbos should prepare, 2023 presidency or biafra, Enough said !!!

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Praktikals(m): 1:13pm On Jan 23, 2018
emmysblog24:
That's your own view right? Now tell me how then will Nigeria be One? Why do we continue to preach Unity and still we don't have love for our fellows? Don't be carried away by our Sugar coated Politicians that will only join the head of the Ordinary Citizens and set down at home in front of their Big TV watching the Ordinary Citizen fighting and killing their self. Be wise man!
With due respect to you, bro, you are not addressing the question the op raised. Is it right for Igbos to expect APC to zone its 2023 presidency to south east, seeing that our Ndigbo has always treated APC with so much hatred

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by MADBUTTERFLY(m): 1:13pm On Jan 23, 2018
In 1999 what did the Yorubas contribute to PDP to be given the presidential ticket at the expense of other regions?
Justice and fair play devoid of mutual distrust or hatred should be the over riding principle in making political choices or calculations at the national polity. It is high time the Yorubas and igbos stopped this never ending war of acrimony
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Austinoiz(m): 1:13pm On Jan 23, 2018
I opened this thread thinking that OP had a potent line of argument but the idiot is a shallow-brained ethnic bigot

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by caracas: 1:17pm On Jan 23, 2018
jamesibor:

What did Yorubas contribute to PDP to warrant Yoruba presidency from 1999 to 2007?

Idiat!
grin grin grin grin
That alsriwo guy is indeed à big
IDIAT
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by kabarka(m): 1:17pm On Jan 23, 2018
Alariiwo:

congrats!

I thought they were biafrans.
Confused souls!
Those folks does not have the backing of ibos.They are there for their pocket.No rational person will ask for such looking @data from last election.it will be an injustice to Sw.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by dheilaw1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
igbos can never be president in this country unless we are all going to be sold away

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by IYANGBALI: 1:20pm On Jan 23, 2018
Alariiwo:

congrats!

I thought they were biafrans.
Confused souls!
savage. You baaaaaaad gan

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by dheilaw1(m): 1:20pm On Jan 23, 2018
mightyhaze:
igbos are nigerians...

a major ethnic group..

easily the most populous single tribe in nigeria..

and ofcourse populated by industrious and very resourceful ppl, forming a major bulk of the useful population powering the economy and giving nigeria a semblance of a country.

nigeria n nigerians wont be so naive and averse to development as not to give their support for one of such stock.. useless and unproductive politicking nothwithstanding....
so they are not biafrans again abi, I tot they said Nigeria is a zoo

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by IYANGBALI: 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2018
dheilaw1:
igbos can never be president in this country unless we are all going to be sold away
and me I'm not ready to be sold by chukwudi and okoro o

To my future kids. I'm not the one delaying you guys. Its your mum who is still busy dating useless guys and giving them ur milk. I hope they don't ""finish our milk"".

Your Responsible Dad.

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by dheilaw1(m): 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Whether we contributed or not, 2023 Ndi Igbo will produce next President. If Ndi Yoruba bring in their usual greediness like Awolowo that was planning coup against the government of Tafawa/Azikiwe, then will have no other option than to return power to the North.

Yorubas can NEVER produce the President in 2023.

That is BTW, APC and their evil machinations will expire in 2019.
indigbo wants to produce a president in a zoo nation? I think it's high time you told us the specie of animals igbos are. abi no be una tell us say Nigeria MA zoo?

2 Likes

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Troublemaker007(m): 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
Seriously somebody among those crowd can’t summon courage to make the sacrifice for Nigerians and snap that idiot neck, sending him to instant death angry
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by farem: 1:25pm On Jan 23, 2018
igbodefender:
Yoruba, Niger Delta have ruled. North is completing its turn in 2023 through Buhari. 2023 is the Igbo time for Presidency.

I thought gej ruled on behalf Of The greater East? The greatest AZIKWE EBELE himself. He was the second greater easterner after Ironsi

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by kabarka(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2018
MADBUTTERFLY:
In 1999 what did the Yorubas contribute to PDP to be given the presidential at the expense of other regions?
They did not contribute anything but power that be felt they can
1,cool june 12 issue
2,power has to go south
3,person they trust in the person of obj is available
SO AS TO CONTUNUE THEIR MANIPULATION
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by kabarka(m): 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2018
dheilaw1:
indigbo wants to produce a president in a zoo nation? I think it's high time you told us the specie of animals igbos are. abi no be una tell us say Nigeria MA zoo?

When will you be reasonable?
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by bikefab(m): 1:30pm On Jan 23, 2018
Nigeria and Nigerians can never grow beyong ethnicity.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by ibukunSaint(m): 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hello OP,Igbos are part of Nigeria as a nation...while a APC is political party so as citizens don't they have the right to seek for presidency? I think the Igbos has waited enough and they should rather seek for presidency instead of biafra...Nigeria can't move forward until we stop tribal war,power zoning and godfatherism...we should vote personality not political party or tribe...Thanks
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by SoNature(m): 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2018
igbodefender:
2023 is the year of the Igbo Presidency. Go and chill with a bottle of Sprite.

Keep dreaming, Joe!
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Hormotorlah: 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2018
mightyhaze:
i still cant pinpoint the source of this ur grief o.. igbos are nigerians and last i checked, igbos hav equal rights even in ur ancestral land.. igbos are nit exempted by any laws to contest n take up offices even in ur lga.. so chil, lest u expire b4 ur time

...so Ibos are Nigerians now? Not Biafrans anymore?
#confusedpeople

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by femolii: 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

I only pitying those shouting South West Presidency 2023, because it can NEVER happen. We will rather return power to the North than watch that happen.

Even APC as it is presently constituted, have stronger Ndi Igbo than South West. Look at the caliber of Ndi Igbo politicians in APC and compare them with SW.

We play more sophisticated politics than SW.
You get sense at all? and now pdp is not your party again you are dreaming igbos will fail in apc go n mark it down no way for osus.

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Hormotorlah: 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2018
dheilaw1:

Chop knuckle for this...those people are just confused. They know not what they want grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Brightolanton(m): 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
What kind of thinking is this please? This statement is so unfair and disrespectful to the contributions of Igbo to Nigeria.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by omonnakoda: 1:41pm On Jan 23, 2018
GoroTango:
My own view is that in the long run, if Nigeria is to remain one single united entity, it would be impossible and undesirable to exclude the igbos from the presidency. Sooner or later their turn will have to come. It is inevitable
Ditto for Edo, Tiv, Efik, Urhobo and so on?
Eboes exclude themselves by their attitude of entitlement.

If a rich man cannot find a wife he should examine himself and stop blaming womanhood.

The mathematics of Nigeria means that they must get the support of the SW or the North. If they cannot get the support of the SW it will be difficult but not impossible .
What they don't need is the active opposition of the SW which they have done everything possible to elicit. Is that wisdom.
When Obasanjo was in power he brought in Okonjo Iweala, Soludo, They had Senate President and so on. No one can say they did not deserve that but he could have marginalised them. He did not.
Whatever differences may have existed between the two groups should have been buried from that point and stronger political bonds built.
Fast forward to GEJ's era and thev revealed they still bore a grudge from the civil war and intend to get even. Clearly they are not prepared to move on. That is the correct formulation of the problem. Let us call a spade by its name.
So how then will an Eboe president happen without the SW?
With the support of the north. That is the only way. The Yoruba attitude to that must be siddon look,not awa "consign". "GOOD LUCK"

If you want to go somewhere new you need directions and a map.
Let themplot the way and stop making empty threats.

APC is not the right place to push any zoning agenda
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by SoNature(m): 1:41pm On Jan 23, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

I only pitying those shouting South West Presidency 2023, because it can NEVER happen. We will rather return power to the North than watch that happen.

Even APC as it is presently constituted, have stronger Ndi Igbo than South West. Look at the caliber of Ndi Igbo politicians in APC and compare them with SW.

We play more sophisticated politics than SW.

Gini n'eme di unu? Stop boasting! How many Igbos have reasonable positions in this govt? Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by oooduancalmdown: 1:41pm On Jan 23, 2018
They are greedy people who like to eat where they don't work. Iboes called us slave because we formed political alliance with the North and created APC. No iboe man will ever rule Nigeria. Greedy peoplf. Thex have now abandoned Biafra for zoo presidency. Let them focus more on achieving Biafra

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by Adefemiaderoju1: 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
zendy:
Most Igbos dont care about the presidency of Nigeria
Really?
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by TaiKuun(m): 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Whether we contributed or not, 2023 Ndi Igbo will produce next President. If Ndi Yoruba bring in their usual greediness like Awolowo that was planning coup against the government of Tafawa/Azikiwe, then will have no other option than to return power to the North.

We have over 300 tribes in Nigeria, but of all the nine hundred and nine problems we have, what some Igbo youths like you are fighting for is for an Igbo to be President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come 2023
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by omonnakoda: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

If you like return power to the north . It will come back one day and when that day comes whenever it might be,we will not cede it to you. We will contest against you just like Alex Ekwueme did against Obasanjo
Have you not been the supporting actor for the North in every single election before 1999?
Why are you moaning now. ?
Yoruba are very comfortable in opposition. You should learn that as well.
Unlike you Presidency is not our issue but you need to purge yourself of the civil war hangover. Otherwise we cannot work together.

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by 36STATES: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2018
Alariiwo:

I'm not stupid and I'm not tribalistic (else I'd be picking on Hausas, Ijaws, Itsekiris etc.)

I just hate greed and self-centeredness oozing from a particular region.

Your Igbo mates must have put you to shame with their achievements, that's why you hate them so much. Don't cry yet, I am coming to buy your family land soon.

1 Like

Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by BlackManta(m): 1:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
mightyhaze:
i still cant pinpoint the source of this ur grief o.. igbos are nigerians and last i checked, igbos hav equal rights even in ur ancestral land.. igbos are nit exempted by any laws to contest n take up offices even in ur lga.. so chil, lest u expire b4 ur time

I smell tribalism.

The OP is a tribal bigot.

Presidency belongs to every tribe.
Igbo
Yoruba
Ijaw
Hausa

Every tribe has the right to seek presidency.

Only a tribal bigot would say that Igbos should not run for presidency.
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by zendy: 1:50pm On Jan 23, 2018
I will never understand how a non Igbo will open up a thread to discuss if Igbos will get the presidency or not. I dont see Igbos agitating for the Presidency of Nigeria, that office no longer holds the prestige it used to. The average Igbo man does not care about the office of president, he knows that the office is all about having "bragging rights" and nothing more.

There are more important things for Igbos to think about
Re: What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? by FemiFimile: 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
zendy:
I will never understand how a non Igbo will open up a thread to discuss if Igbos will get the presidency or not. I dont see Igbos agitating for the Presidency of Nigeria, that office no longer holds the prestige it used to. The average Igbo man does not care about the office of president, he knows that the office is all about having "bragging rights" and nothing more.

There are more important things for Igbos to think about

He is not yoruba, probably one aboki.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Labour Party: INEC Publishes Names Of Candidates Who Emerged From Abure Faction / Herdsmen Burn Farm Of Samuel Afolayan, Ex Naval Chief In Kwara / Uju Kennedy Threatens To Jail UNICAL Student Over Sexual Harassment Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.