Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,719 members, 7,969,096 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 07:26 PM

Nigerian Acting President Gives First Interview To Cnn - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Acting President Gives First Interview To Cnn (658 Views)

Buhari Begins Vacation As Osinbajo Becomes Acting President / Tiwa Savage Finally Speaks On First Interview Since Split Rumours Began / Must Goodluck Johnathan Be Addressed As Acting President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Acting President Gives First Interview To Cnn by item: 12:15am On Apr 15, 2010
Acting Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has told CNN he has not seen the country’s ailing leader Umaru Yar’Adua since he returned from Saudi Arabia in February after medical treatment for an undisclosed illness.

Jonathan also said he does not know the nature of Yar’Adua’s condition. President Yar’Adua has not been seen in public since last November.

“The thinking of the family is that they should insulate him from most of the key actors in government”, Jonathan told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour in his first interview with international or local media since he assumed office as acting president two months ago.

Asked if he would like to visit Yar’Adua, Jonathan said, “Yes, of course, but I will not want to force (it).”

Source: http://234fly.com/news/?p=97
Re: Nigerian Acting President Gives First Interview To Cnn by sulad82i(m): 2:35am On Apr 15, 2010
item:

Acting Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has told CNN he has not seen the country’s ailing leader Umaru Yar’Adua since he returned from Saudi Arabia in February after medical treatment for an undisclosed illness.

Jonathan also said he does not know the nature of Yar’Adua’s condition. President Yar’Adua has not been seen in public since last November.

“The thinking of the family is that they should insulate him from most of the key actors in government”, Jonathan told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour in his first interview with international or local media since he assumed office as acting president two months ago.

Asked if he would like to visit Yar’Adua, Jonathan said, “Yes, of course, but I will not want to force (it).”

Source: http://234fly.com/news/?p=97

Dormy, 

He is just acting on command of others. He aint got no balls
Re: Nigerian Acting President Gives First Interview To Cnn by mamagee3(f): 6:14am On Apr 15, 2010
I missed it on T.V. but I'll damn sure watch it on the internet.
Re: Nigerian Acting President Gives First Interview To Cnn by emmaomo: 6:49am On Apr 19, 2010
He is just being honest.  In the USA when a public figure is sick the whole country knows. When did we get to know that Yar'Adua was sick. It took external pressure.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Federal Executive Council Approves N1 Billion (£4 M) To Buy Dustbins / Go / Help Me,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.