Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,515 members, 7,885,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:00 AM

10 Web Design Mistakes Every Web Designer Must Avoid - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Web Design Mistakes Every Web Designer Must Avoid (1985 Views)

Top 5 Skills Essential For Every Web Developer / Should I Learn Every Web Language And Framework? / 10 Wrong SEO Mistakes Every Blogger Must Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Web Design Mistakes Every Web Designer Must Avoid by Chima2503: 11:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
With a recent surge towards mobile browsing and cool new design options like parallax scrolling, the web has seen millions of websites receive facelifts over the past few years. It has also led to a lot of poor web design choices that prevent consumers from fully connecting with brands. From unattractive homepages to weak content, poor navigation, and countless errors, there are a number of things that the average website can improve on.

Below, you’ll find the top ten most common web design mistakes and how to keep them from hurting your site’s overall engagement.

1. FAILING TO USE RESPONSIVE DESIGN

Since over forty percent of modern searches are conducted on smartphones and tablets, having a website that can display properly on those devices is of paramount importance for businesses. However, recent estimates show that less than seventeen percent of the world’s 876 million websites have been created with responsive web design. Since Google introduced a search update that penalizes non-responsive sites in mobile searches, this is a major problem for those who generate leads online.

2. Relying Totally On a Free Website Builder

Numerous companies offer “drag-and-drop” website building apps that claim to allow users to launch a new website in minutes. The problem with these types of services is that each design facet adds dozens of lines to the back-end code and makes the site load slower. Over time, this can lead to serious performance issues and countless errors.

If budget restrictions are a problem, then consider purchasing a premium theme that already has the look and style of your ideal website. There are thousands of talented developers on Upwork that can lightly and cost-effectively customize a theme.

Read full article>> http://vallatest.com/10-web-design-mistakes-every-designer-must-avoid/

Re: 10 Web Design Mistakes Every Web Designer Must Avoid by kml33: 1:30am On Aug 26, 2019
Those are very valid points actually.

If I may add though, another mistake web designers should avoid is "creating a website that takes so much time to load". Before now, Google Page Speed Insight used to provide minified versions of css, Js and even png and jpg files. But that seems to have stopped in recent times. Not withstanding the platform still provides recommendations on ways to optimize websites for speed. It is therefore important to test a website with the Google page speed insight platform as well as other website speed analyzers.

For individuals or businesses who require speed optimization on their website, I will suggest that a you contact
[url=htps://www.dientweb.net]DientWeb[/url]. They are a Web Design company with years of experience in creating speed optimized websites.
Re: 10 Web Design Mistakes Every Web Designer Must Avoid by OliviaNell: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2020
Thank you!
Re: 10 Web Design Mistakes Every Web Designer Must Avoid by ATTAHDYE(m): 11:58am On Oct 12, 2020
Great insight. Try brewingtechs.com you one-stop software development tech company for high impact projects.
Re: 10 Web Design Mistakes Every Web Designer Must Avoid by Diego56: 9:41am On Jan 12, 2022
If your site is not updated regularly, you'll have fewer visitors and sales. That's why it's vital to work with a web designer in Surrey who keeps up with these changes. For more information about web design surrey on partopia.ca.
Re: 10 Web Design Mistakes Every Web Designer Must Avoid by jimmykhidge: 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
Hello. Of course, the huge responsibility for the development of the site is important. On my own behalf, I can also add that the composition of the site development is no less important. Typography is also important. For myself, I found such useful things here. This is a ripped paper effect, a very useful thing, there are a lot of textures, more than 35. Everything is conveniently packaged, no need to waste time searching for other resources
Re: 10 Web Design Mistakes Every Web Designer Must Avoid by Bublens: 7:22am On Mar 30, 2023
Hello, innovative minds! I am on the lookout for a top-notch UI/UX agency that specializes in web design within Silicon Valley. The agency needs to have a proven track record of creating visually stunning and user-friendly designs for a variety of businesses. Can anyone suggest a UI/UX agency that fits the bill? Your help is greatly appreciated!
Re: 10 Web Design Mistakes Every Web Designer Must Avoid by Kvarzez: 7:23am On Mar 30, 2023
It's crucial to partner with the right UI/UX agency to ensure your web design stands out in the competitive landscape of Silicon Valley. I highly recommend the best ux ui agency silicon valley design ralabs, for all your web design needs.
Design ralabs boasts an impressive portfolio of innovative and user-centric designs for startups and established businesses alike. Their talented team is well-versed in the latest design trends and technologies, ensuring they can create unique, engaging, and easy-to-navigate websites tailored to your business needs.
What sets design ralabs apart is their commitment to understanding the specific requirements of each client and their ability to transform these insights into intuitive, visually appealing web designs that drive user engagement and conversions.
To learn more about their exceptional work and how they can help elevate your business's online presence, visit their best ux ui agency silicon valley page. I'm confident that you'll find their services indispensable for your web design project. Best of luck!

(1) (Reply)

30k - 40k For Site With... / Article Writers Needed!!! / Fresh Approved UK Google Non-hosted Adsense For Sale At 4k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.