Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,044 members, 7,883,614 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:28 PM

"Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN (21572 Views)

Buratai: Service Chiefs Have Not Disappointed Nigerians/Buhari / 25 Things Obasanjo Said About Buhari, Osinbajo And INEC Today / Buhari Has Not Disappointed — Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by AvailableCofOLa(m): 4:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
Lol... All politicians are not truthful.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by aycorporat(m): 4:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Only a political idiotu doesn't know, Obasanjo is angry because he has been sidelined...

3rd Force Ko, IPOB Yoot Ni!

Sai Baba Till 2019.....After which Osinbajo and Elrufai takes over in 2023....
Lauretta Onochie trying hard to justify her monthly stipends, as 2019 is certainly a year of uncertainty for her!

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Livi2020(m): 4:50pm On Jan 24, 2018
Onye iru abuo....
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by kokomilala(m): 4:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
I think the collage of corruption cases and blunders, papered by the Fulani onslaught has moved OBJ to fire this shot. It's a courageous move from him.
And those tribal bigots always calling Yoruba Afonja, I think hysterical obsession with us is driving you compulsive. You secretly revere the Yoruba, and they are doing your heads in. If not, you won't be mentioning them all the time. Beat that!!! ☺️
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Sirpaul(m): 4:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
See how Obasanjo just used Buhari as small chops to celebrate his PhD.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Patrotism: 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
Age is fast catching up with OBJ. In the next 4 months he will praise Buhari.
Demystification of OBJ loading.....
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Austeeenxx: 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
To be fair, a lot has happened in the last 4 months.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by princejenks(m): 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
He was only being considerate with the old man given he'd been away from the country the most part of 2017 due to ill health and had just gotten back in august,I.e a month before the interview. Now fast forward 4 months later,a lot has happened in the country since then which the president didn't handle too well,so I can imagin obj's frustration at defending a failure continuously,it's pretty depressing

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by gbigbega: 5:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
4 months ago....

1. 70+ were not dead in Benue
2. Maina has not returned to the Civil service
3. $20 billion dollar contract was not misappropriate
4. We were not rampaged by fuel scarcity

a lot has happened in just about 4 months, really.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by afrika(f): 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2018
The whole Hausa people don't scatter with disappointment. Even Buhari don fall sick.... But truth be told, Buhari deserves a good rest and should step down from public office. Its not easy
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by odutolasodiq(m): 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
desreek9:
So op ur point being? he should continue to sing he's still not disappointed after the atrocities, massacre et al that happened 4 month later or wat? undecided
my point is; he is an elderly statesman, he claimed to know PMB's leadership ability in the area of economy management to be woeful. Why not say this prior 2015 polls

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Ugo4hotish(m): 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
porshnuel:
tho nt amazed Afonja and betrayal be like
bread and beans

these people can really betray. they very much unreliable. I'm a kopa currently serving in Oyo state. I wanted to engage in a business which is buying cassava process products and selling them in Ibadan . I contacted a supplier who promised to supply me. when my capital was ready, the nonsense woman said she won't sell to me...just like that. thank God I had a plan B.
AfOnJaS are really unreliable. they are envious of someones success.
can't wait to leave this rural area vulnerable of herdsmen attack. brown roof everywhere.

IGBOLAND IS THE BEST!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Kim1: 5:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
That was then nd knw he's not getting it right nd we need to tell him,as we all are not fools.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Kim1: 5:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
That was then nd now he's not getting it right nd we need to tell him,as we all are not fools.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by bikefab(m): 5:17pm On Jan 24, 2018
Typical. Still it doesnt undermine the fact that PMB's government is a disaster.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by NAPC1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
LETS GO...

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by vicadex07(m): 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
porshnuel:
tho nt amazed Afonja and betrayal be like bread and beans
am sure you are an IPOB fool. oloriburuku ni gbo gbo yin ni idile e.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by taurusmena1(m): 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2018
I will not be surprise to discover you are below 40yrs of age.bottom line is you are a youth who can hardly think for himself.what's the difference between 4months ago,2yrs down the drain and the present?when will most of us wake up to the glaring truth that OBJ and his likes where spoon fed and offered everything on a platter of gold and by so doing,they are spoiled rotten and have nothing to offer this nation but to continue looting our collective national cake.he is in no position to tell us who to lead this nation. If we can't contest,we should at least not vote "MEDIOCRES" or clap for them when they spew the obvious from their mouths
Shortyy:
This was 4 months ago
With all the things going on in this country recently, even a blind, deaf and dumb will be disappointed.
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
many tins has happened in 4months
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
that was then, this is NOW! buhari is a BLUNDER!
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 24, 2018
What are we saying here, that four months is too short a time for someone to disappoint or be disapointed?
Common!
I used to be one of Buhari's admirers because of all the seized stolen funds by his government but today I am one of those that will campaign against him.

Four months ago there were also many ppl that were hailing Buhari that are today so disappointed in him that they've been campaigning against him too. I know some in my office.

There were killings more than four months but it has not been this worst and Buhari didn't utter a word about it untill two days ago when the criticism was at its peak.

So if Obasanjo was pleased with him four months ago and today is disappointed. There is nothing strange.
Someone you trusted yesterday could disappoint you today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by streetfabulous: 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2018
Well, 4 months is enough time to realize u were wrong .
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by omonnakoda: 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2018
It is funny people have a very weak understanding of English.
I am not here to hold fort for Obasanjo but there is no inconsistency between the two messages.
In fact it seems he was already planning the letter when he gave the first message and then his speech on African leaders

It was standard diplomatic speak.

Has not failed is very very different from Has succeeded. At that level words are chosen very carefully.

Anyone who has worked in HR in a serious firm knows the code used in writing references

Mr A worked with us from X to Z and to the best of my knowledge there were no problems means do not touch him at all he is trouble

We are disappointed that he is leaving is Thank God GTFOH

We are saddened he is leaving and he will be a great addition and success wherever he goes is what is called a reference.

Buhari has not disappointed me" in a statement that highlighted his weakness( economy foreign relations) and said there is room for improvement is a very clear message to any body with enough experience of life

I was not expecting much and I have not been disappointed. There was no ringing endorsement in sight anywhere.

Simple English and a clear message to Buhari: You need to raise your game

If you read a reference that goes like this

We employed Mr A into the job because he was the best candidate available. We were aware of his weaknesses in interpersonal relations and also IT and his strengths in punctuality and enthusiasm. We have not been disappointed but we hope he will improve

Will you be excited to employ the candidate.

Those who have witnessed parliamentary politics will know the skill involved in saying nothing while saying much and vice versa.

I read this message at the time and reading between the lines was immediate. It is not even nearly complicated.

The secret is this

any reference in which the referee APPEARS to give himself room for escape is a bad reference

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Buharimustgo: 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
But I said it that time that he hasn't disappointed in his failure
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
Only a political idiotu doesn't know, Obasanjo is angry because he has been sidelined...

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you my buddy!

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Charly68: 6:02pm On Jan 24, 2018
The rampaging herdsmen must have made him to disappoint Baba ..
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by NaijaFutbol: 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
If he Expected Buhari to fail, he wont be disappointed nah
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by guru90: 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2018
I am tired of Buhari as Nigeria president..... Can he just step down for another party. change he promised us.... We no see at all...

Nonsense....
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by dieBYfire: 6:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Lol! Even from the amount of likes you gather this days , it should tell you how irrelevant your opinion is these days. You have reduced to something that will make you call Myd44 and remind him of Rule 2!
Farewell my child grin
Re: "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Here is another report and interview in the same month, where he said Buhari is not doing enough

Knock yourself out

http://africanarguments.org/2017/09/28/an-interview-with-olusegun-obasanjo-up-close-and-a-little-too-personal/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police / Jonathan Assigns Portfolio To 31 Ministers! / Taraba State Governorship Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.