Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,930 members, 7,872,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:20 AM

Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 (24721 Views)

Buhari Looks Like Jonathan - Jamila Abubakar / Buhari Will Concede If Defeated, Congratulate Winner, Says APC / Ekweremadu To Leave PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by federal9: 7:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
The problem now is not about buhari losing come 2019.

Observation: during the time of jonnathan it was bokoharam

It's now buhari's time and it's fulani herdsmen

What if buhari lose 2019 who knows the next set of perpetrators that would emanate?

This should be our biggest?
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by sylvanus190: 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
Oh, Mr Ike you are very Buharical in your comment.
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by DavidEsq(m): 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
ShootToKill:

Wetin you expect from yarimo the illiterate gworo-toothed abooki zombirudeen? Queen's English?

grin grin

Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by kaboji(m): 7:12pm On Jan 26, 2018
Certainly he will win if he contest again, but for now he didn't said that he will recontest again.
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by guiddoti: 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2018
gists:
Ok we have heard.
To Ekweremadu, act like a stateman your yoots want you to be. Resign, get out of Abuja and lead them in Biafra land grin grin grin grin
Ironically, this man has been representing aniri, nkanus axis since 1999. I still doubt if he had added value to the senatorial district.

Slaves who love their chains we remain in captivity

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Chuksmonika(m): 7:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ecstasy154:
Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to let go of power if he loses in 2019.

Although Buhari is yet to make an official declaration for the 2019 race, there are signs that he is interested in seeking another term.

The president has been holding meeting with top members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) while his 2019 campaign office has been inaugurated in the south-west.

Speaking at the UK parliament, where he delivered a lecture titled ‘African Politics: The Dynamics and Lessons,’ Ekweremadu advised Buhari to take a cue from former President Goodluck Jonathan who lost an election but accepted it in good faith.

The lawmaker asked Buhari to be conscious of the fact that Nigeria is playing pivotal and strategic roles in Africa.

“Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan put Nigeria on the global map as a leading democratic nation when he put in everything to ensure a free and fair election, in which he not only lost the presidential poll as an incumbent, but also willingly conceded defeat,” Uche Anichukwu, spokesman of Ekweremadu, quoted him as saying.

“In fact, he called the incumbent President, Muhammadu Buhari, and congratulated him even before the announcement of the final results. In addition, neither former President Jonathan nor the PDP challenged the outcome of the election in court.

“Therefore, to whom much is given, much is also expected. The onus is now on President Buhari to likewise provide a level-playing ground and show uncommon statesmanship if he and his party lose the 2019 presidential election. That way, Africa’s biggest democracy will further entrench the culture of peaceful and smooth transfer of power from a ruling party to the opposition in both Nigeria and Africa.”

Ekweremadu warned Buhari of the consequences of “manipulating” the 2019 election, advising him to spearhead a free and fair election.

He added that African countries should harness technological advantage in the whole electoral process.

“Any attempt to manipulate the 2019 elections to the advantage of self or party will not augur well for peace and democracy not only in Nigeria, but the entire continent,” he said.

“Important too, in the present age of technology, I will like to see the countries of Africa deploying the latest technology in voter registration, vote counting, and announcement of results.

“We must ensure that the process is sufficiently transparent and unarguably so, such that losers will see and be convinced that they lost fairly. That way, election tribunals will be eliminated.”

He also criticised African leaders who choose to hold on to power at the expense of the people

“Many African leaders do not seem to care about the law of diminishing returns, but you can never cheat nature. From Zimbabwe under former Robert Mugabe to Uganda under Yoweri Museveni, Cameroon Paul Biya; Equatorial Guinea under Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo,who has been in power since 1979; Republic of Congo under Denis Sassou Nguesso who ruled from 1979 to 1992 and returned again since 1997; and not also forgetting Togo under late President Gnassingbe Eyadema, who ruled the country for 38 years and now under his son, Faure Gnassingbe, who continued from where his father stopped amidst rising political tension, the story has not been pleasant,” he said.

“Likewise, the sit-tight postures of President Omar Hassan Al-Bashir’s 28 years old regime in Sudan, President Idriss Deby’s 27-year rule in Chad, President Isaias Afwerki’s 24 years old leadership in Eritrea, President Paul Kagame’s 17 years old reign in Rwanda, and President Abdelaziz Bouteflika 18 years in power in Algeria are soul-dampening.

“There are also emerging sit-tight regimes in Mauritania under Mohammed Ould Abdel Aziz, Burundi under Pierre Nkurunziza, etc. President Joseph Kabila of the Democratic Republic of Congo, who succeeded his father, the late Laurent Kabila, in 2001, has refused to step down after the expiration of his mandate. This has triggered political tension and protests in that country. This is disheartening.”

https://www.thecable.ng/ekweremadu-buhari-act-like-jonathan-concede-lose-2019/amp

he has no option,if he looses he goes,or AU will use military option to chase him out,like what they wanted to do to Jamie of Gambia!
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by otunba1donly(m): 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
Responding to Reno omokri on his comments on Aisha buhari and Grace Mugabe
Please permit me to respond to Reno omokris "DO WE HAVE A BUDDING GRACE MUGABE IN NIGERIA".I have heard most of his comment on alot of issues about these government,some fair and true others are just mere jokes because he is showing us he is still a learner on the politics of letters.
It is okay if he takes Alhaji lai muhammed as his mentor and should also try to accord him the needed respect as his mentor.Mr reno omokri must try to always be objective in his comparisms .Other people may have responded to the above mentioned and dated Nov 25,2017 but as a matter of followup ,i wish to comment on it also.
In his article he compared the former first lady of zimbabwe and wife of the deposed president of zimbabwe with the first lady of nigeria,Her excellency wife of mr president Hajia Aisha buhari were he compared their ages before marriage and after marriage.He said Alsha buhari was 46yrs and president buhari being 75yrs old (football age whatever that means)i leave that to him to explain.i am happy he didnt say they married their wifes forcefully even though they can acquire any woman they want ,instead chose to go the right and lawful way after loosing their loved ones.These women were full blown ladies before being married like every other lady including renos wife.
He went further to mention influence on husbands.Yes?Every right thinking leader must seek opininon of others in making decisions especially when it concerns the general public.They might not be elected or constitutionallly recgnised but they see things ,we dont see by being close to the seat of power and may call their husbands attention to them,just as Alsha did on the issue of cabals in government and the statehouse clinic.In the scenerio painted by reno when he quoted Aisha saying "i have decided as his wife that if things continue like these uptill 2019,i will not come out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like i did before".He butteresed his point when he mentioned that,Aisha was able to make the National Assembly ,which is a constituted authority to carry-out a public hearing on the state of the State House clinic .i would like reno to explain to me what he meant by Aisha having strong political influence even on the legislature because as far as i am concerned she complained like every other nigerian concerned about the state of national Infratruture such as the state house clinic , Can we compare these with the famous "Na ONLY U WAKA COME"were an enquiry was carried out by the then former first lady from where did she get such powers from ,maybe from the other room.
Days before then 2015 general elections ,mama peace as she was fondly called warned nigerians that if they voted for APC more prisons would be built and alot of nigerians sent to prison on knowingly to her, she was telling nigerians that all the people that worked with her husband were looters of treasury and would be exposed and thrown into prison and that much we can see with the likes of Dieziani Allison , oliseh metuh and FFK etc.
I wish to ask from reno the difference between conference room of the first lady and that of the vice president.to me they all belong to that same seat of power called the Aso Villa .
Aisha buhari compared to other past first ladies is neither seen nor heard and am wondering where reno got his opinion from .
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by HIPROFILE(m): 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
Just see how lives are being wasted daily

NO MORE OPERATION PYTHON DANCE

NO MORE OPERATION CROCODILE TEARS

NO MORE OPERATION SHOOT AT SIGHT

NO MORE OPERATION IPOB MUST DIE

God always has his way of vindicating his people (the Igbo's) in this country.

During 2015 general elections they vehemently refused this man and even warned other ethnic groups not to bring this man ( BUHARI) Onboard the governance of this country but what did they get Insults and all manner of name tagging.

Igbo's did not support GEJ because he's from south south but because they knew that out of the two options presented to Nigerians Buhari can never be the president Nigerians clamoured for.

Unfortunately the west and southwest didn't see this perhaps they where blinded on the gift of vice president
Now just look at where we have found our dear country Nigeria.

Not even the fight against corruption as being the reason most voted buhari has been fought it has even waxed stronger..our understanding on fight against corruption is very different from buhari's view for him its a fight against anyone who opposes him and or his government.

Its unfortunate to note that upon all points used by buhari to campaign against the past government to the hopes of hungry Nigerians yearning for quality leadership has met dead point.

Not naira has regained strength over the green back ( dollar) or had equalled to a dollar as promised.

Not the oil subsidy has been stopped nor its proceeds used to improve infrastructure or has any refinery build or old ones revamped.

As dumb as the government is, in the fight against insurgency the insurgents themselves have just defaced into a new movement ( the herdsmen) and had continually carried out mayhem on innocent Nigerians and the government being overwhelmed by nepotism and ethnic bigotry has refused to see that book haram which they fight had just metamorphosed into the killer herdsmen...this alone proved that our leaders in the present government are either unintelligent and clueless or just being naive and adamant. And rather they seek for land in each state across the nation so as to spread the massacre ....what a government.

Come to think of it why should the federal government seek land from states across the country when the land they seek for is not going to be used for government business purposes rather for the grazing of cattle's own by a significant fraction of Nigerians elites and their foot soldiers the Fulani's. Doesn't this act alone explains that there's more to this than we think??

Life of Nigerians had not improved in any way since the inception of this government.

National security has remained under a huge threat.

Even as oil price on international market continued gaining yet we keep buying oil products at exorbitant price that is if we don't get hit with scarcity of these products.

No capital project has been seen or carried out by this government so far. Poor infrastructural development.

The rate of international Borrowing has increased in buharis tenure.

Not even the restructuring which they also mentioned in their campaign points has been carried out but only to revisit that and setup a committee that would end up with unimplementable outcome and this is in a bid to deceive the people again.

Elder statesmen and even the wife of the president had noticed and also mentioned in several occasions that the government of Buhari has been hijacked by some cabals.

This government had always blamed the past administration for its failure to implement any good policy. And I ask my self if there has been no error in the system Nigerians wouldn't have voted in a new government they would rather continue with the flawless government then. So Buhari's government was only invited or rather employed by Nigerians to fix things rather than blame the past government which Nigerian already know are not good enough to fix Nigeria's problems.

Now we can all see how deceitful it is to say I BELONG TO EVERYBODY, I BELONG TO NO BODY.
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2018
Buhari hope say your ear dey here well.

If dem wallop you for 2019 eRection , jejeli go take ur daura room key, wia ur shoe, check Nigeria map incase u don forget wia daura dey, check weda sun don go down small den embark on your journey home.

Have you reminded your neighbor today that IPOB ANIMALS ARE TERRORIST?
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by osazeeblue01: 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
Pray that Obj doesn't write u a letter. I believe those he wrote to will tell u the outcome.
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by opribo(m): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2018
Thats never going to happen with a die hard Buha, even it you guys push him to the wall then the baboon and dogs will be... you know the rest.

The man has nothing to give or loose even if you kill him after all thats what his ideology is all about, die for Sharia and go to heaven and meet 7 virgins waiting. So Nigerians be wise we wont push him to the angle he is waiting for, we will use our voting power and guard it tenaciously.
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Azam101: 9:50pm On Jan 26, 2018
Am not surprised because the advice is coming from a Igbo. their sense of reasoning is the same both the educated ones and illiterates no difference!
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Princewell2012(m): 9:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
oake:
2019 election results will shock Bubu.

The Nigerian Masses are saying NO.

The Nigerian Elites are saying NO.

OBJ is saying NO.

Prof. Wole Soyinka is saying NO.

The funny part of it is that almost all those people if not all says yes for him on 2015 general election. I did not only voted for him i also campaign for him. Infact i almost loose my work.
Pastor Tunde Bakare is saying NO.

Ghali Umar Na'Abba is saying NO.

Abubakar Umar is saying NO.

Senator Misau is saying NO.

FALANA FEMI is saying NO.

FATHER MBAKA is saying NO.

BBOG members are saying NO.

BEN BRUCE is saying NO.

SHEHU SANI is saying NO.

Oby Ezekwesili is saying NO.

Pat Utomi is saying NO.

Junaid Mohammed is saying NO.

FFK is saying NO.

AISHA BUHARI (his own wife) is saying NO.

Etc!.Etc!!.Etc!!! Are also Saying NO.

ISHAKU is also saying NOoo!!!

They are all saying NO To

*BadluckBuhari's* 2ND TERM In 2019.

What About You?

What Are you Saying?

#SPEAK OUT.

I AM ALSO SAYING NO.

Am definitely saying no as well.
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Melvin2000: 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2018
Corrinthians:
When people are talking, pigs are also talking.

I blame Buhari for making it possible for pigs to have a opinion. grin
can't u see you're a pig also. How does it sound? "a opinion"
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ekwe...hope u know u are leaving there 4 someone else in 2019
U av ovefstayed ya relevance in your constituency
Na only u be senator 4 ya town......12 years plus....and notin 2 show 4 it, except ass lickin saraki
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Halo22: 10:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
Let me do and get my PVC cos 2019 will be very very interesting.
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Lilimax(f): 10:12pm On Jan 26, 2018
oake:
2019 election results will shock Bubu.

The Nigerian Masses are saying NO.

The Nigerian Elites are saying NO.

OBJ is saying NO.

Prof. Wole Soyinka is saying NO.

Pastor Tunde Bakare is saying NO.

Ghali Umar Na'Abba is saying NO.

Abubakar Umar is saying NO.

Senator Misau is saying NO.

FALANA FEMI is saying NO.

FATHER MBAKA is saying NO.

BBOG members are saying NO.

BEN BRUCE is saying NO.

SHEHU SANI is saying NO.

Oby Ezekwesili is saying NO.

Pat Utomi is saying NO.

Junaid Mohammed is saying NO.

FFK is saying NO.

AISHA BUHARI (his own wife) is saying NO.

Etc!.Etc!!.Etc!!! Are also Saying NO.

ISHAKU is also saying NOoo!!!

They are all saying NO To

*BadluckBuhari's* 2ND TERM In 2019.

What About You?

What Are you Saying?

#SPEAK OUT.

I AM ALSO SAYING NO.
I'm saying No too.#backtodaura
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by salisb(m): 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2018
velai:
Too many advisers these days!
The best advice to Buhari is that, he should resign and go back to Daura. His cattle are missing him already . He can effectively rule over cattle better than humans. His Fulani brothers and other willing zombies can make him the president general of the proposed cattle colonies
You are a Shit hole idiot IPOB Libya deportee
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Corrinthians(m): 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2018
Melvin2000:
can't u see you're a pig also. How does it sound? "a opinion"
Igbos are dirty pigs- Nnamdiot Cownu. grin

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by abeland: 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2018
If you do your calculations very well you wl know that as it stands if election is conducted Buhari will still win. The sensible ones know what am talking about
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Moukandjo: 12:59am On Jan 27, 2018
Ebios:
Point of correction to Ekweremadu...
Not "if he loses.." but "when he loses..."

l don't want to talk abt people from SW,SS n SE...
His own people,The Arewa Youths and many Northerners also know that Buhari has lost it.
GEJ till 2019!
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 27, 2018
grin The signs are glaring already.
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by durangokid: 11:08am On Jan 27, 2018
ebujany:

Afonja slave...always ready to defend their Fulani masters and their cows
. Point of correction. he is not afonja but a confirmed fulani terrorist
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Mccollins042(m): 11:36am On Jan 27, 2018
gists:
Ok we have heard.
To Ekweremadu, act like a stateman your yoots want you to be. Resign, get out of Abuja and lead them in Biafra land grin grin grin grin
I'm from ekweremmadu's constituency and we from enugu west are proud of him,.... Don't say what u know nothing about
Re: Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 by Mccollins042(m): 11:46am On Jan 27, 2018
[quote author=Corrinthians post=64536646]When people are talking, pigs are also talking.

I blame Buhari for making it possible for pigs to have an opinion. grin[/quoteyour father is a pig if u are referring to buhari

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chima Anyaso's Billboards Destroyed By Opposition's Thugs In Abia / There Will Be No Interim Govt In Nigeria – Primate Ayodele In New Prophecy / Governor Abiodun Inspects The Ongoing Reconstruction Of Mowe-Ofada Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.