Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,871 members, 7,969,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:22 AM

Nigerians Need Confidence To Boost Local Goods- Aroms - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerians Need Confidence To Boost Local Goods- Aroms (391 Views)

Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters / 5 Most Effective Ways To Boost Your Tech Skill / Woman Walks Around Unclad In Office To Boost Workers' Morale In Poland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Need Confidence To Boost Local Goods- Aroms by Adieza(m): 10:07am On Jan 28, 2018
I saw this set of sofas along the road in Benin City a while back. I stopped to admire and buy them. I really liked the design and the needlework. I was impressed.

A young man came out and politely told me that the sofas were imported. I told him I wanted local made and not imported. Then he started confessing that they made them at the back of the house right there. I asked him to take me to the workshop. He took me to the back of the house to see his workshop. But yes, these sofas were really produced there. But the boys lacked so much confidence in themselves.

Looking at how well made they were, I wondered how far they could go if they were encouraged to take these skills to the next level. They could be making parachutes for export.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=324950538011061&id=158338594672257

Re: Nigerians Need Confidence To Boost Local Goods- Aroms by Adieza(m): 10:14am On Jan 28, 2018
cc: lalasticlala and mynd44 cc: seun and maclatunji

(1) (Reply)

Humber International Undergraduate Scholarships In Canada, 2018/2019 / BEDC Official Electrocuted During Mass Disconnection / Post Graduate Experience/ Unemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.