Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,208 members, 7,887,544 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

Tithe Is : - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Is : (969 Views)

Poll: Tithes is 10% of your

Income: 75% (3 votes)
Increase: 25% (1 vote)
Salary: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Any Church Who Is Collecting Tithe Is Not A Church, But A Synagogue / The Tithe Is Unlawful - Nigerian Follow Follow Christians Will Believe Anything / Tithe: Is It Compulsory For Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe Is : by otitokoro1: 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2010
Please vote your view.

Thanks
Re: Tithe Is : by Image123(m): 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2010
And to what purpose is inec conducting this free and unfair election? The primaries have already being rigged
Re: Tithe Is : by Mudley313: 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2010
. . . thievery in the name of the lawd

poll is incomplete for all 3 options are incorrect
Re: Tithe Is : by KunleOshob(m): 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2010
Your poll criteria is clearly floored and not based on scripture as the bible makes it clear that tithe is strictly agricutural produce and NOT any of the rubbish you listed in your so called pre-meditated "poll". As far as christianity is concerned tithes is a scam. If you really want to have a "free and fair" poll i suggest you increase the options and include such things as "fraud""419""scam" in the poll.
Re: Tithe Is : by Image123(m): 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2010
^yes! And put something like 10% of kunleoshob's views. I told you the primaries were rigged men.
Re: Tithe Is : by KunleOshob(m): 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2010
Lets see how the bible defines tithes contrary to the fraudulent definition being promoted now adays by monitizers of the gospel:

Leviticus 27:30:

30 “A tithe of the produce of the land, whether grain from the fields or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord and must be set apart to him as holy.

Deuteronomy 26:12:

12 “Every third year you must offer a special tithe of your crops. In this year of the special tithe you must give your tithes to the Levites, foreigners, orphans, and widows, so that they will have enough to eat in your towns.

Deuteronomy 14:22:

22 “You must set aside a[b] tithe of your crops—one-tenth of all the crops [/b] you harvest each year.

And of course, probably the most abused scripture in the bible and a favourite of gospel merchants  the almighty malachi 3:10

Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

Clearly based on the authority of the bible, tithe is strictly crops produced from the land of Israel and nothing else any body that says it is money/income/increase is clearly twisting the word of God.
Re: Tithe Is : by nuella2(f): 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2010
@kunle

I dont farm to make a living. Am paid in naira in my office, so how do i pay my tithe, cos i will pay tithe till Jesus comes. Go and buy yam from the market with my money to tithe? Like i said i will pay my tithe, i love to tithe, kai, its a sweet way to offer worship.
Re: Tithe Is : by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2010

I dont farm to make a living. Am paid in naira in my office, so how do i pay my tithe, cos i will pay tithe till Jesus comes. Go and buy yam from the market with my money to tithe? Like i said i will pay my tithe, i love to tithe, kai, its a sweet way to offer worship.

paying tithe is not compulsory or obligatory for Christians .Rather Christians are enjoined to contribute to the growth of the church as it is stated in 2 cor 9:7.The principle of deut 14:22-29 or malachi 3:8-10 is no longer applicable under Christianity
Re: Tithe Is : by KunleOshob(m): 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2010
nuella2:

@kunle

The mistake you are making is that you have been made to belieive you should tithe from your earnings, this is contrary to the scriptures which states clearly that tithes should be strictly from the produce of the land of Israel. if you don't produce from the land, you were not required to tithe. You have to remember that even in the biblical times not all people were farmers and there was no provision for them to tithe. Biblical tithing has absolutely nothing to do with income, it is greedy preachers that twist the scriptures to say so. That is apart form the fact that tithing is not even a christian obligation as it was part of the outdated and obsolete mosaic laws which has since been anulled and rendered useless.
Re: Tithe Is : by aletheia(m): 7:08pm On Apr 16, 2010
None of the above
Re: Tithe Is : by Mudley313: 2:00am On Apr 17, 2010
@kunle

how do u feel being a maga
Re: Tithe Is : by Kay17: 2:43am On Apr 17, 2010
it is a brazen manner of extortion and thievery mixed with lies and deception. an insurance for heaven. a source of livelihood for the almighty!
Re: Tithe Is : by afiq(m): 4:50am On Apr 18, 2010
Tithe is optional, not compulsory.
Re: Tithe Is : by otitokoro1: 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2010
Your poll criteria is clearly floored and not based on scripture as the bible makes it clear that tithe is strictly agricutural produce and NOT any of the rubbish you listed in your so called pre-meditated "poll". As far as christianity is concerned tithes is a scam. If you really want to have a "free and fair" poll i suggest you increase the options and include such things as "fraud""419""scam" in the poll.

Please read *Deuteronomy 14:24-25, you will have more understanding of tithes beyound the Leviticus quotes. You are right but not well informed about tithes.

If you can read it may help you better.

To all Thanks for your valuable contribution. Please do more.

Bless you.
Re: Tithe Is : by KunleOshob(m): 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2010
otitokoro1:

Please read *Deuteronomy 14:24-25, you will have more understanding of tithes beyound the Leviticus quotes. You are right but not well informed about tithes.

If you can read it may help you better.

To all Thanks for your valuable contribution. Please do more.

Bless you.

I would better than that and quote it from deut 14:22-29 so that you would not be able to quote it out of context. The only reason the tither was asked to convert the tithe to money was for ease of transportation as they did not have vehicles in those days. Even at that when the tither got to the temple he was still rquired to use the money to buy whatever he wanted and eat it in the presence of God with his family. If God had intended tithe to be money for the levites, God would have simply instructed that he handed over the monetary proceeds of the tithes to the priests/levites but God did not he asked the tither to consume it with his family first and secondly he asked them not to forget the orphans, widows, foreigners and levites for the simple reason that this category of people did not have land to produce from, this reason is not applicable today.

PS: I am amused you are actually bold enough to quote from deut 14[even though you were trying to quote it out of context] cos it is this same passage that thousands are now reading all over the world and is proving to us that tithing the way it is preached and defined today in churches is a scam. This passage provideds the proper definition and execution of the tithes ordained by God as opposed to the man made 419 version being preached in churches today. Below is the deut passage in it's proper context

Deuteronomy 14:22-29:

The Giving of Tithes
22 “You must set aside a tithe of your crops—one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year. 23 Bring this tithe to the designated place of worship—the place the Lord your God chooses for his name to be honored—and eat it there in his presence. This applies to your tithes of grain, new wine, olive oil, and the firstborn males of your flocks and herds. Doing this will teach you always to fear the Lord your God.

24 “Now when the Lord your God blesses you with a good harvest, the place of worship he chooses for his name to be honored might be too far for you to bring the tithe. 25 If so, you may sell the tithe portion of your crops and herds, put the money in a pouch, and go to the place the Lord your God has chosen. 26 When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the Lord your God and celebrate with your household. 27 And do not neglect the Levites in your town, for they will receive no allotment of land among you.

28 “At the end of every third year, bring the entire tithe of that year’s harvest and store it in the nearest town. 29 Give it to the Levites, who will receive no allotment of land among you, as well as to the foreigners living among you, the orphans, and the widows in your towns, so they can eat and be satisfied. Then the Lord your God will bless you in all your work.
Re: Tithe Is : by otitokoro1: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2010
I would better than that and quote it from deut 14:22-29 so that you would not be able to quote it out of context.

You have quoted form a version that is distorted with some views. However, I am happy you acknowledge that fact that it could be converted to money for transport purpose. The point we are trying to iron out here is if tithes is required in money? Now you can confirm that there is flexibilities in the Law of tithes.

Now you need to understand that, form tithe history, it improves from generation to generation, that was why Jesus reffered to tithes of Cumin,

I like you to know that paying tithes in money is not a new practice. I am also happy that you know that tithe is biblical. If I understand you clearly, your argument is in the way tithe is calculated, paid and used. The point we must address to clear this will be to look into the proper calculation, timing and useage in biblical terms.

I am also not cleared about the modern day definitions, that is why I put this vote forward to help in my decision onthe subject.

Tithe is commanded of every true Christains. Kunle, the ealeir you accept the fact the better.
Re: Tithe Is : by ogajim(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2010
^^^^ otitokoro1, Do you know what Cumin is? It is a spice and anytime you eat food prepared with Curry powder, you have had Cumin too because it is one of the recipes for Curry powder.

Show me any evidence from the Bible where a fisherman/tent maker/carpenter paid tithe, stop deluding yourself by following these p*i*m*p*s on the pulpits, they are duping you for sure, you can't buy God's love and protection, the best way to sow seeds is via good deeds, love for one's neighbors, helping the "helpless" even within one's own family, etc, not money as they make you believe.
Re: Tithe Is : by Zikkyy(m): 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2010
otitokoro1:

Tithe is commanded of every true Christains. Kunle, the ealeir you accept the fact the better.

How did you arrive at this conclusion? Can you link the Deuteronomy verse you quoted above to christianity?

otitokoro1:

I am also not cleared about the modern day definitions, that is why I put this vote forward to help in my decision onthe subject.

Maybe you should stick to this position.
Re: Tithe Is : by otitokoro1: 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2010
^^^^ otitokoro1, Do you know what Cumin is?

Cummin is a spice that is also used as a means of exchange in those days. It is easier to carry about.
Re: Tithe Is : by Tonyet1(m): 5:38pm On Apr 19, 2010
let me write * here so i can easily trace this thread when i come back . . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Tithe Is : by aletheia(m): 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2010
otitokoro1:

Cummin is a spice that is also used as a means of exchange in those days. It is easier to carry about.

Yes, it is a spice. No, it was not a medium of exchange. Is that the scam you were fed by your pastor?
Re: Tithe Is : by Image123(m): 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2010
When I read Hebrews 7, I saw that 'thousands'(as kuns called it) are being deceived to think that tithe has to be only crops and agric. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tithe Is : by KunleOshob(m): 7:20am On Apr 20, 2010
otitokoro1:

@otitokoro
Stop deluding yourself, there was money in circulation in those days which was used as a medium of exchange. Their currency then was called "shekels" go an read your bible very well and stop demonstrating ignorance all in the intent of promoting a scam.
Re: Tithe Is : by otitokoro1: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2010
@otitokoro
Stop deluding yourself, there was money in circulation in those days which was used as a medium of exchange. Their currency then was called "shekels" go an read your bible very well and stop demonstrating ignorance all in the intent of promoting a scam.

There was money in circulation but there are other medium of exchange (Batter). This is where Cummin, Alabater oil e.t.c comes in.
Re: Tithe Is : by otitokoro1: 11:39am On Apr 20, 2010
Point of Order. Let get back to the point. What will you vote for Tithe?
Re: Tithe Is : by KunleOshob(m): 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2010
otitokoro1:

There was money in circulation but there are other medium of exchange (Batter). This is where Cummin, Alabater oil e.t.c comes in.

Kindly provide scriptural back up for this rubbish you just posted. The extent you people would go to justify this fraud against beleivers angry

otitokoro1:

Point of Order. Let get back to the point. What will you vote for Tithe?

When you include scam/fraud/419 in the voting options, i would cast my vote tongue
Re: Tithe Is : by aletheia(m): 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2010
@topic:
Your poll is not scientific. What is the difference between salary, increase and income?
Re: Tithe Is : by otitokoro1: 2:35pm On Apr 21, 2010
Your poll is not scientific. What is the difference between salary, increase and income?

Please check your dictionary.
Re: Tithe Is : by aletheia(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2010
otitokoro1:

Please check your dictionary.

Humour me. Please explain. By increase, do you mean, my tenth child?
Re: Tithe Is : by REALTRUTH1: 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Poster,,,what is the difference btw salary and income?? Asides stop deluding urself,,many Pastors re into the business because of tithe/offering,,,,,,
I can't cast my vote because the options re inconclusive
Re: Tithe Is : by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2010
You forgot to add "scam" as one of the options.
Re: Tithe Is : by wyt(m): 2:36pm On Apr 25, 2010
if you beleive tithe should be paid, then make sure u pay it to: the orphans, the widow, the stangers(foringers) and the pastors (if such pastor do not have other job besides pastoring) therefor paying tithe to churches is wrong because you rob other beneficiaries.

why do you pay tithe? if you pay thithe because you want God to bless or protect you, then you are anti-christ bacause you don't buy Gods love He bless or protect you because he loves you(among others).
if paying tithe guarantees prosperity them, the riches black shouldn't be a muslim, it should have being the highest tither.

some has agued that tithe is use to maitain the church or keep it running, but God didn;t say so, why are we helping God!
someone even said that she will pay because it works, setanic miracles also work. beside those who don't pay (like me) do we complain?

in churches today, the only cure for poverty or illness or even getting a husband is tithing. pls read you bible and stop depending on those pulpit guy for information about our dear God!

(1) (Reply)

The King Of King Is Around! Are U Ready? / Letter Received March 26, 2011—given By Our Lord Jesus To Sabrina / deleted by instruction!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.