Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,937 members, 7,922,306 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:29 AM

“Age Is Only a Number”- Federer After Winning His 20th Grand Slam Title At 36 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “Age Is Only a Number”- Federer After Winning His 20th Grand Slam Title At 36 (323 Views)

The 15 Most Popular Athletes Of All Time Ft, Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt, Federer & Ali / Messi's Reaction After Winning His First Ever World Cup / Let The Fight Continue– Cristiano Ronaldo Says After Winning His 5th Ballon d’Or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“Age Is Only a Number”- Federer After Winning His 20th Grand Slam Title At 36 by Uniquewhyte99(m): 9:52am On Jan 29, 2018
iwazi_ng

36 years old Federer last night, claimed his 20th grand slam in a 6-2 6-7 (5) 6-3 3-6 6-1 win over Croatian Marin Cilic.
Rod Laver — who won 11 grand slams between 1960 and 1969, a man who many consider to be the best-ever. — marvels at Federer’s ability, and said he only seemed to be getting better with age.

“It’s just unusual to see a wonderful champion like that be able to win at age 36 after seven tough matches. You just marvel at his tenacity and his floating ability on the court.

“He just seems like he’s floating all around the court — he’s not running. That’s something else.”

Meanwhile, a husky-voiced Federer on Monday said he could have done with a bit more sleep, but said celebrations of his 20th grand slam will continue for some time yet.

And he plans to be back to defend his title and go for three straight Australian Opens next year. But first came the celebrations with family and friends, away from prying eyes.

“I think we were all a little bit tired last night, but it was just nice spending time all together and the celebration continues once I get back to Switzerland,” Federer said.

“I’ve got more friends and family there. I’m just very excited that I’ve got really nothing going on over the next couple of weeks — it’s all quiet, so I can really take time to celebrate.

“Number 20, it’s super special, so I’ll try to make the most of it.

“I’m just tired, honestly. I had a few hours of sleep — it was a nice relaxing evening last night, and we really enjoyed ourselves being together away from the spotlight for a change, just with friends and family. That was nice.

Re: “Age Is Only a Number”- Federer After Winning His 20th Grand Slam Title At 36 by marveangel(m): 10:18am On Jan 29, 2018
Roger the Vampire.... timeless and ageless... It's coming this will blow your mind
Re: “Age Is Only a Number”- Federer After Winning His 20th Grand Slam Title At 36 by Treasure17(m): 10:22am On Jan 29, 2018
Roger my man. Congratulations

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Opens Up On Zlatan, Bailly Return, Pogba’s Best Position / Marc-andre Ter Stegen: Barcelona Stronger Without PSG Ace Neymar › Barcelona Ar / Highlight: Sevilla 0 – 0 Manchester United [champions League]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.