Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,872 members, 7,876,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:46 PM

Liverpool: Walk Of Shame And Lone On Merseyside’s Fallen Roads - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool: Walk Of Shame And Lone On Merseyside’s Fallen Roads (345 Views)

Tinubu Is Christian Ronaldo And Lone Lionel Messi Of Nigeria Politics. / Madrid Make Liverpool Walk Alone After Comeback Masterclass / Iheanacho's Lone Goal Sends Leicester Into FA Cup Fourth Round (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool: Walk Of Shame And Lone On Merseyside’s Fallen Roads by magazineguy(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
I can imagine the memories and hopes – of late night in Istanbul; that epic UEFA Champions League Final between Liverpool and AC Milan. We saw how a resilient and hardworking crawled their way back into the game. These days, it seems that attitude is dead. Last weekend, I expected another comeback for the reds – guess what? It never came. All I saw was anger, despair, disappointed on fans’ faces on the television. No, it can’t be the same team I grew up watching.

With Five European Cups (Champions League), the tides must have shifted in their favor with the lackluster performances in recent times. Despite changing coaches a number of times, the engineering system of the team is still not obeying the laws for a driving power to win trophies. Robbie Fowler went with his scoring boots; Steven G retired with the slip to gift rivals the title in his last season. These are not reasons for the dreadful results we see every other week.

Liverpool’s board must have invested a whooping sum in the region of £380M in the past seasons – that did bring back the lost glory. The defence has always been the reason for headache and a case of concern. Liverpool’s choice for fielding homegrown talent at the back is another worry. Although, they did get a quality name at back in Virgil Van Dijk but these defeats did not stop – losing to a bottom team in the league and another loss behind that last weekend. The attack is one to dread anyday. The trio of Mane, Firmino and Salah has been tremendous. Coutinho must have gone to chase his dreams in Barcelona. We should face the facts – Countinho left because he did not see himself winning titles at Liverpool.

Liverpool will need an overhauling of the team especially the backline this summer if they want to be title contenders next season. You’ll never walk alone.

http://tushmagazine.com.ng/liverpool-walk-shame-lone-fallen-roads/
Re: Liverpool: Walk Of Shame And Lone On Merseyside’s Fallen Roads by Kooldon(f): 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
To Be Sincere, The Only Thing I Like Abt Liverpool Is Their Fans At Anfield As They Echo Their Theme Song With Passion.
LFC are one of the title pretenders in the EPL.
From A Team That Stopped The Rampaging Man City In Their Unbeaten Track To A Team Dt Fell For Swansea Of The Bottom Table And West Brom.
Bros, They Are Walking Alone Alrdy

(1) (Reply)

Live Blogging: Sudan Vs Nigeria – 2018 Chan Semi Finals / [VIDEO] Bakayoko Sees Red Clinical Watford Defeats Chelsea 4-1 | Highlights / Lallana Dismissed For Attacking Player In Under-23s Outing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.