Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,840 members, 7,889,797 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:59 PM

Collapse Of Nigeria's Power Sector Imminent - IBEDC Cries Out - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Collapse Of Nigeria's Power Sector Imminent - IBEDC Cries Out (352 Views)

Loom Money Nigeria: Crash Of Ponzi Scheme Imminent As SEC Warns Nigerians / Dangote Set To Add 12000MW To Nigeria’s Power Generation / W’bank Board To Consider $1bn For Nigeria’s Power Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Collapse Of Nigeria's Power Sector Imminent - IBEDC Cries Out by tommykiwi(m): 9:05am On Jan 30, 2018
THE management of Ibadan Electricity Distribution Companies, IBEDC, has warned that Nigeria's power sector is on the brink of collapse as its dysfunctional and foundation related issues are yet to be addressed.

This came as the company signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, with the United States Power Africa on technical partnership to improve its service across the network coverage at the Obasanjo Presidential library at Abeokuta in Ogun state.

Speaking on the issues confronting the power sector, Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer, CEO, IBEDC, Mr. John Donnachie, stated that the power sector was full of complicated policies that do not address the root problems. He said "I believe the more complicated we are making the power sector, the more problems we get. We need to solve the foundation of the power sector first. The foundation is not correct and we keep on building on it and the more you build on wrong foundation, the building would collapse.

"My opinion is that we need to go back and reset our original agreements of what the tariffs are, the rules and what we need to do and how we are going to finance the business, because everything is about money. Until those foundations are done, we are going to go backwards and not forward.

"I am not saying the policies and progress government is trying to put in place are wrong, but I am saying the foundation is wrong."

Source....http://allafrica.com/stories/201801300158.html
Re: Collapse Of Nigeria's Power Sector Imminent - IBEDC Cries Out by maviarcad1: 9:41am On Jan 30, 2018
Let it collapse, we'll see correction, they are even collapsed already across the nation, everywhere is dark with their HUGE bill for giving no light. #resetnepa

(1) (Reply)

African Themed T-shirts / Get 1% Bonus On Your Investment / E-currency Exchange In Nigeria Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.