Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,639 members, 7,878,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

Funny Nigerian Divorce cases - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Nigerian Divorce cases (16701 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Reasons Why There Were Fewer Divorce Cases Those Days / Ten Worst Divorce Cases Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by aloyemeka2: 8:44pm On Apr 16, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
[size=14pt]Teacher divorces husband on grounds of irresponsibility[/size]

Agency reporter

A primary school teacher, Bolanle Alomoge, on Wednesday got an Ibadan Grade C Customary Court to dissolve her 11-year-old marriage to Adetoro Alomoge, a contractor.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Bolanle sought the divorce on the grounds that her husband was irresponsible, uncaring and fond of beating her.

She told the court that Alomoge lived in Ekiti and that they only saw each other twice a year.

But Alomoge did not accept the divorce plea, as he informed the court that he was a responsible husband and father.

He added that he had never failed to pay his children's school fees.

He also said that he tried to assure his wife that he would relocate to Ibadan as soon as he could save enough money,but she would not listen to him.

Alomoge, who said that he had never beaten Bolanle before, said that he retaliated once when she first slapped him.

But the court president, Mr. Olayinka Owoade, dissolved the marriage and awarded the custody of their children, Temitope (11) and Happiness, (9) to Bolanle.

Alomoge also agreed to give N8,000 monthly for his children's upkeep.

Meanwhile, a 30-year-old man, Taiye Olalokun, accused of stealing a generator and injuring a police constable while resisting arrest, was granted bail on Wednesday in Ibadan by the Chief Magistrate, Mr. O.A. Adetujoye.

The police prosecutor, Mr. Adenibuyan Olarenwaju, alleged that Olalokun on December 24, 2009 stole a Yamaha generator valued at N30,000, property of Mr. Ismaila Awoyemi of Falab Mosque, Oke Padre, Ibadan.

The accused was arrested on April 8 at the Ologuneru area of the city by Mr. Emmanuel Obukadiata a police constable.

He alleged that while attempting to escape arrest, the accused pushed the policeman off a motorcycle, resulting in the latter being severely injured on his left leg.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/15/834.html
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by aloyemeka2: 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
[size=14pt]Ibadan: Civil servant dumps bed-wetting spouse[/size]

Agency reporter

A civil servant, Kehinde Olorunfemi, has had her 14-year-old marriage to a fridge repairer, Lucky Okoduwa, dissolved by an Ibadan Grade 'C' Customary Court on the grounds that he bed-wets when drunk, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

Olorunfemi, who filed for the divorce, told the court that whenever Okoduwa got drunk, he often threatened to kill her and thereafter ran to his village.

She said that her husband once beat her to the point that she was admitted at a clinic.

She added that while she was there, he got the police to arrest her for an offence she did not commit.

But Okoduwa was not in court in spite of being served two separate summons.

The Court President, Mr. Olayinka Owoade, dissolved the marriage and awarded custody of their first son, Sunday, 12, to Okoduwa.

He also directed Olorunfemi to take care of their two other sons, Victor, 10 and Sylvester, 8.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/15/835.html
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by invisible2(m): 9:20pm On Apr 16, 2010
what can 8k do for 2 kids.
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by aloyemeka2: 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2010
Buy them ice cream and chips.
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by mamagee3(f): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2010
The Bed-wetting Spouse's one is funny. grin
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by aloyemeka2: 2:57am On Apr 17, 2010
The Court President, Mr. Olayinka Owoade, dissolved the marriage and [b]awarded custody of their first son, Sunday, 12, to Okodu[/b]wa.

He also directed Olorunfemi to take care of their two other sons, Victor, 10 and Sylvester, 8.

How can the court award custody to a useless man who neither cared to file for custody nor show up in court?   
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by snowdrops(m): 7:01am On Apr 17, 2010
mama-gee:

The Bed-wetting Spouse's one is funny. grin
Why? You dey bed wet?
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by aloyemeka2: 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2010
snowdrops:

Why? You dey bed wet?
shocked shocked
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by spikedcylinder: 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
In most cases, it's just plain 'ol poverty. sad
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by candylips(m): 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2010
funny stories
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by jessefly: 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2010
@poster how u take get ur stories, pm news or ur a journalist
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by Johnmos(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2010
the court shouldn't have awarded the custody of the child to the useless man angry
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by samuelk(m): 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Thursday, April 15, 2010
[size=14pt]Ibadan: Civil servant dumps bed-wetting spouse[/size]

Agency reporter

A civil servant, Kehinde Olorunfemi, has had her 14-year-old marriage to a fridge repairer, Lucky Okoduwa, dissolved by an Ibadan Grade 'C' Customary Court on the grounds that he bed-wets when drunk, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

tribal biased angry angry angry

Olorunfemi, who filed for the divorce, told the court that whenever Okoduwa got drunk, he often threatened to kill her and thereafter ran to his village.

She said that her husband once beat her to the point that she was admitted at a clinic.

She added that while she was there, he got the police to arrest her for an offence she did not commit.

But Okoduwa was not in court in spite of being served two separate summons.

The Court President, Mr. Olayinka Owoade, dissolved the marriage and awarded custody of their first son, Sunday, 12, to Okoduwa.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/15/835.html
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by Bukittes(f): 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2010
This na plain poverty stories o!
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by Kbs12: 3:24pm On Apr 19, 2010
Gnd help us
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by eros(m): 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2010
It's surprising that women in Ibadan especially are beginning to divorce their husbands. Most of these stories are aired on the news every now and then in Ibadan. Well, i guess it good for the men, compared to being killed like the Edo women would do to their husbands. That is why Benin city is famous for having Landladies and very few landlords.
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by Outstrip(f): 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2010
aloy-emeka:

How can the court award custody to a useless man who neither cared to file for custody nor show up in court?   

Nigeria for you. Tomorrow he will wear that ridiculous wig on his head and think he has achieved something. No amount of education can help a fool
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by skfa1: 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2010
eros:

It's surprising that women in Ibadan especially are beginning to divorce their husbands. Most of these stories are aired on the news every now and then in Ibadan. Well, i guess it good for the men, compared to being killed like the Edo women would do to their husbands. That is why Benin city is famous for having Landladies and very few landlords.

heheh you don enter problem today, wait there o make dem benin people come meet you for here grin grin

I once had a benin GF, cheiii this gurl nearly killl me o, na my mama prayer save me.
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by 0hsisi: 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2010
I am an Igbo woman and I have this observation to make.
I believe Yoruba women are light years ahead of the other southern women when it comes to leaving an irresponsible husband.
I am all for marriage,don't get me wrong.
I advocate marriage but in cases where it just isn't working out,a woman ought to leave with her mental state intact than die or run mad trying to lead a dead horse.
Divorce rate in Igbo land is very very low compared to the south west.
Doesn't necessarily mean that Igbo marriages are happier.
Yoruba women are so empowered that they would not put up with drunkards and dead beats.
This is one thing I believe other women ought to learn from them.
There should be a limit any woman can take.
The rate of wife beatings would drastically reduce when these abusive men know the woman will not put up with it and that the courts can grant her full custody of her children.
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by 0hsisi: 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2010
Oh my God!
The court gave custody of one of the kids to the bed-wetting drunkard wife beater?
Lord have mercy
Male chauvinism at it's best
That child is ruined
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by Sissy3(f): 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2010
I believe Yoruba women are light years ahead of the other southern women when it comes to leaving an irresponsible husband

i agree

probably due to social stigma and petty gossips attached to divorce in those areas. many would probably want to leave but who wants to be the talk of the town and be "labled"
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by 0hsisi: 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2010
[size=24pt]Woman divorces husband with a small sized manhood[/size] grin grin

Since I married my husband, Mr. Sunday Olabiyi, two years ago, he has never satisfied me sexually.” This was the confession of an aggrieved intimacy-starved housewife, Olubunmi Ajayi, who[size=16pt] blamed her matrimonial woes on the small size of her husband’s manhood.[/size] shocked shocked shocked
Olubunmi, 36, who approached the Alakuko Customary Court, Lagos, seeking the dissolution of the union, added that her husband’s penchant for running after young girls, despite the fact that she has been managing to cope with his inadequacies and other problems with maturity, further annoyed her.

She confessed that the major problem she had with her husband was his nonchalant attitude to her welfare and his inability to satisfy her sexually.

She said that she had tried other options, especially local medicines, to improve her husband’s sexual performance, all to no avail.

I have tried my best for this man over the years. I am convinced that he is not ready for me as his wife. That is why he is always looking outside, chasing after little girls,” she told the court.

Asked if it was not her inadequacies that made her husband to start looking elsewhere, she said she had always tried to do her best at home.

“It is not my inadequacies that made him look elsewhere. In fact, I don’t have any, as far as I am concerned. I cook good food for him, take good care of him and what did I get in return? Nothing! I tried all I could to make him a real man in bed but all was futile.

“I equally went as far as going the traditional way, making concoctions but it was the same old story. What else am I waiting for in the marriage but to opt out gracefully,” she told the court.

Revealing how they met, she said that she met her husband through one of her friends who happens to be her neighbour, adding that the neighbour is also from her husband’s home town in Ikenne, Ogun State.

Bunmi said what can save the union from collapse is for her husband to have enough time for her and perform well in bed. She added that she approached the court because she was not ready to commit adultery.

She urged the court to dissolve the marriage and order her husband to pay for her resettlement.

The respondent, Mr. Sunday Olabiyi, told the court that it was only his wife who can tell the court how best one can perform wonders in bed.

According to him, he never denied his wife intimacy whenever she wanted it and he has always taken good care of her.

He accused the petitioner of having a hidden agenda and made up her mind to abandon him for another man.

The matter was adjourned by the court president for further hearing.
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by 0hsisi: 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
How come it took her 2 years to notice her husband's wetin call was small?
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by dominique(f): 7:06pm On Apr 19, 2010
0hsisi:

How come it took her 2 years to notice her husband's wetin call was small?

she kept hoping it would get bigger grin grin grin she for wait a bit longer naa cheesy
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by 0hsisi: 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2010
dominique:

she kept hoping it would get bigger grin grin grin she for wait a bit longer naa cheesy

I equally went as far as going the traditional way, making concoctions but it was the same old story. What else am I waiting for in the marriage but to opt out gracefully,” she told the court.

ROFL
she even got some babalawo medications to help him out, no improvement.
Poor woman,I don't blame her too much sha,who knows what she saw
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by denny4ril: 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
very funny indeed!
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2010
:- :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by Meldrick(m): 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2010
dominique:

una go kill person with laugh. she must have tasted a larger and more satisfactory one outside before she realized she has been in the dark.
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by preselect(m): 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2010
0hsisi:

I believe Yoruba women are light years ahead of the other southern women when it comes to leaving an irresponsible husband.
I advocate marriage but in cases where it just isn't working out,a woman ought to leave with her mental state intact than die or run mad trying to lead a dead horse.
Yoruba women are so empowered that they would not put up with drunkards and dead beats.
The rate of wife beatings would drastically reduce when these abusive men know the woman will not put up with it and that the courts can grant her full custody of her children.
hmmn, osisi at it again. have u asked if the apparently lower divorce rate among igbos is due to lower rate of wife battery? or perhaps igbo couples believe that no matter what, children are served better with both parents living under the same roof. biko take am easy joo. no one likes divorce, but ask a divorce rusty judge and he/she will tell you that it's better to discourage divorce b/c there have been cases where couples feel like killing each other only for them to make up for it at a later date. in a marriage, always try a second chance. as long as life is not at risk, it should be given another chance. if the man is beating the woman then it should be ended immediately and the man locked up, but small manhood? jeez!!!!!
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by 0hsisi: 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2010
pres-elect:

hmmn, osisi at it again. have u asked if the apparently lower divorce rate among igbos is due to lower rate of wife battery? or perhaps igbo couples believe that no matter what, children are served better with both parents living under the same roof. biko take am easy joo. no one likes divorce, but ask a divorce rusty judge and he/she will tell you that it's better to discourage divorce b/c there have been cases where couples feel like killing each other only for them to make up for it at a later date. in a marriage, always try a second chance. as long as life is not at risk, it should be given another chance. if the man is beating the woman then it should be ended immediately and the man locked up, but small manhood? jeez!!!!!

Haba prez
I don't think there are any stats to support that Igbo men abuse their spouses less.
The one we know is that divorce cases filed by abused women in Yorubaland is rampant and almost non existent in Igboland
I said I believe in marriage but not marriage at all costs.
Rather than a man to kill me with his bare hands,I'll leave and be alone
That is what everywoman should do and I'm impressed that Yoruba women are not taking that nonsense from the men.
Staying because of kids and have your body punched and kicked nightly is no marriage.
Any woman in that situation should get out.
period!
Marriage is good but when it gets physically abusive,the contract should end.
He vowed to love and cherish me not to drink and punch me in themouth and kick me in the head
Thank God I'm not in that situation ,na bottle I go use break the man's head and hire thugs to teach him a good lesson he'll never forget grin
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by preselect(m): 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2010
i agree that no marriage with physical abuse should continue. but perhaps igbo women are toughened that when abused they strike back and perhaps beat the hell out of their husbands grin . . . as some would say . . ''we shall put our legs in one trouser'' grin . . meaning we shall die here together if need be. grin

the only grounds for divorce for me . . . infidelity and abuse(physical abuse)
however, in the absence of children, happiness(or the lack of it) may also be good ground for divorce

this is one of those western vices introduced into mother africa. . . lol
Re: Funny Nigerian Divorce cases by cantell(m): 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2010
0hsisi:

Story! You should speak for yourself! Don't include other Igbo women. If you're the type that runs away from the husband or seeks for divorce at any slight problem, carry on. Just don't try to get others to be like you.
Are you trying to say that you're wiser than all the Igbo women who choose to be in their husbands house?
My parents has been together for thirty something years now and they are happy. They have their problems but they always settle it amicably.
I could remember in 1998 when my mum fell sick. She was ill for like close to 2yrs. My dad spent all He had just to make sure she gets well.
Finally when she got well, my dad had little or no money, but she stayed with him till he got to his feet again.
Thats the way marriage should be! For better, for worse. Not jumping out of marriage because you feel like.
Have you wondered why most Igbo guys(even other guys from other tribes) always marry Igbo women? The answer is simple. They want a marriage that'll last.
Get that into your thick skull!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do I Leave Or Remain In This? / A Nairalander Bathing A Baby And Changing Diaper(photo) / Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.