Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,285 members, 7,887,831 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:46 PM

There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo (7282 Views)

Ministerial Confirmation: No Court Injunction Stopping Amaechi’s Screening – APC / Buhari Warns Airport Officials Against Stopping Ex-ministers From Travelling / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by truly: 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Kobojunkie at it again  grin

what gives ?

I wonder when you all will clamour for all our past leaders get probed regardless of whether such is Donald Duke or IBB  undecided

The truth is; no serious governor will allow himself get entrapped into getting distracted by detractors with political motives . . .

In this case, Tinubu is the Godfather that is not happy Alpha beta aint getting 3billion naira monthly off Lagos from IGR . . .

his anchor men are Ikuforiji in the LAHA, being deceived and led on with the promise that he will be made next governor representing the legislature to disparage BRF's efforts . . .

2nd main man in the exco is Muiz Banire that is being touted as a Replacement for BRF in the next elections, representing the dissidents in the Exco . . .followed by shameless thieving touts like Afikuyomi. . . .

funny enuff, people dont know that Agbaje is being romanced just to unsettle BRF . . .

YET BRF NO DEY SHAKE  . . . . tongue
I still do not agree
The governor who campaigned for our votes
And who got our votes
Has been accused of wrongdoing
I remember watching the debate among the candidates on Channels as part of the campaign
At a point Fashola was asked to look at the camera and promise to be answerable to Lagosians
And he did make that promise
So he should answer to us
The above are facts

If he has any problems with Tinubu
Let him sort that out

What I am reading
"Tinubu is not getting money
He is not being settled"
Agbaje, Ikuforiji are being wooed" etc
have not been proved - they are not facts
They are irrelevant

By the way - it cannot be correct that Tinubu did not do anything
Adeola Odeku road, Yaba - Lawanson, Awolowo Road, Oregun Road, Lagos Island, BRT
Are those projects known to me personally
people mention the road at Igando; I have not seen it
Poeple talk about "Jigi Bola", LASU Teaching hospital;
I have not been there

Could Tinubu have done more?
Certainly
Is he corrupt?
I believe that everybody holding or who has held an elective position is corrupted in the process
Just like a biological mother cannot claim to be a virgin (forget the inconsequential exceptions)

So my point
Let Fashola answer to the electorate
and sort out Tinubu how he wants

If I am prosecuted for not paying tax in Lagos, the government will not allow me to argue that
others did not pay tax some years back and went scot free
So if Lagos state will not buy the argument from me, why should people plead it on the governor's behalf
It is actually a disservice to him
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2010
^^^I am almost sure that Tinubu was/and still is corrupt. I have no proof yet and hope someday soon someone else will choose to go after him, but as you said, that Tinubu has not been prosecuted is absolutely no reason why we should not go after the next thief in office we get.

As the article highlights, this is PUBLIC OFFICE, and not your father’s house or your inheritance. If you want to be governor, you should be open to being probed by the people, whether directly or in the courts. You are a civil servant and are there to serve the people, not yourself or your godfathers. Whatever personal detractors you have, that is your cup of tea. However when it comes to your duties as governor, you are accountable to the people and should understand that you took an oath to SERVE them.
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by idifu(m): 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2010
Gbenag pro i quote you[b] " Over the past 10 years, both Tinubu and Fashola have been involved in various land scams including outright conversion of Lagos land for personal use, and given out state land and buildings to their cronies, political associates, public officials, members of security agencies, politicians and members of the various arms of the judiciary to achieve one interest or the other at the expense of Lagos tax payers. Tinubu in particular is the number one landlord in Lagos and has turned Lagos land worth trillions of naira into his personal possession to be used freely or given away unaccounted for.

Even after he left office, Tinubu still continues to steal Lagos land under the watch of Fashola. He is still giving out Lagos land to curry political favours, signing C of O and backdating them to period he was in office. Gov Fashola has photocopied Tinubu’s land grabbing style as he is also acquiring land for personal and political purposes.

These brazen acts of corruption by the duo have been with the active collaboration of select few public officers who have gotten obscenely wealthy at the expense of Lagos tax payers. Most notable are Gbenga Ashafa-formerly executive secretary and now Permanent Secretary, Land’s Bureau since 2001; Mrs Awofisayo-formerly Permanent Secretary and now Special Adviser, New Town Development Authority (NTDA), and a relation of Bola Tinubu from Iragbiji, Osun state who has been in charge of NTDA since 1999; Hakeem Muri-Okunola-PA to former Gov Tinubu and now Executive Secretary, Land’s Bureau; Mrs Nike Animashaun-Director, Land Services and known to be close to Bola Tinubu and Tunji Olowolafe. These people are arguably the wealthiest unelected public servants ever in the history of Lagos state. They are major wheelers and dealers of prime land. We mentioned in our earlier publication that the Land’s Bureau at Alausa stinks of corruption. "[/b]
You are correct, everything you have typed on this post are true, Lagos state Polytechnic premises in Ketu was converted into housing estate and Tv continental is situated in that estate and the tv station is owned by Tinubu dis is why i dont beleive any news dat comes from dat tv station or it's radio station because i know they are in support of AC(action congress)
Fashola is as guilty as Tinubu,obj,ibb,atiku e.t.c his hands are dirty and dis is why he has refused to be probed
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by DrKitaun(m): 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2010
^Ignoramus

can Fashola 'refuse' being probed ?
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by idifu(m): 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2010
Dr Kitaun i'm sure you are benefiting from his corrupt governance, it is wicked ppl like you dat dont want dis nation to move forward, u Zap.i.n.g heartless sonafabitch Zap you
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by ttosinj: 12:01am On Apr 24, 2010
abeg free this man he is doin a good job.those dat hav been probed in the past wat is the outcome.they still get away wit it.y not probe baba himself tinubu
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by Kobojunkie: 2:02am On Apr 24, 2010

We are taxpayers residents in Lagos who are desperately desirous of accountability since taxes have recently become major revenue of Lagos State government. In the developed societies where a similar revenue regime operates, associations such as ours have acted as Government Watchdogs, which is why some of us have decided to take up the gauntlet of championing the cause of taxpayers in the state. After all if we don’t pay our taxes, government can charge and eventually jail us.

please join me in clapping FOR the real Lagosians wey dem head correct WELL WELL!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-436030.0.html
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by trueword: 2:22am On Apr 24, 2010
anti-Fashola people, answer this question:

What happens if these nonsense people in Lagos assembly succeed in removing Fashola, and the person to take his place returns the culture of neglect and draining state treasury? Will you then feel better about yourselves?
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by DrKitaun(m): 4:22am On Apr 24, 2010
Idifu

get a dog, u sure need some!!!

Kobojoke

stop wasting ur time, the only person who could get indicted is Tinubu, just wait and see!
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2010
bad belle is not good sha! Oyibos will say look at this and weep, oh you jealous people. Keep releasing bad energy into your bloodstream in the name of whatever. And if you like, dont ask your home governors which of their mistresses controls most of your home state money!

Sighs of relief as Okota-Itire link bridge awaits commissioning

the final completion of the much-awaited Okota-Itire overhead link bridge which is now ready for commissioning. Governor Babatunde Fashola is expected to lead other officials and dignitaries to officially declare the link bridge open, probably next week.

The project was earlier projected to be opened last December before the state government shifted it to the first quarter of this year. It was a development some  motorists found disappointing even as they presently betray an eagerness to use the bridge.

The bridge, located at the busy Cele Bus-stop along the Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, was constructed by China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) Nigeria Limited which also added some new access roads to the road network that will complement the bridge.

Special Adviser to the Governor on Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Ganiyu Johnson during the launching of the beams on the bridge last year, stated that the project will open up this axis to increased economic activities and further raise the standard of living of the people within the benefiting communities

Mr. Bedford Ebiazede of the Lagos Office of Federal Ministry of Works during an inspection of work on the bridge expressed satisfaction with the quality of materials and work done. “They have good structural work. , The reinforcement placement, concrete strength have been in order”.

The project was executed in two phases: The first phase included expansion of Ijesha Road from Itire-Lawanson junction to Market Street junction into four lanes, construction of Ogunlana Street-Ogunlana extension into two lanes and construction of Asoge Market Street into two lanes.

While phase two of the project involved the construction of 447 metre length of bridge into four lanes dual carriage-way with walkways, median barrier and other engineering appurtenances, traffic light and street lighting with a total width of 20.40m.

The first phase was awarded in September 6, 2007 while work started on November 22, 2007. The second phase on the other hand was awarded on February 4, 2008 while the work commenced on April 14, 2008. It links the Western part of the state with the Eastern part of Itire, Ijesha, Mushin, Aguda, Lawanson and Yaba which over the years have been a traffic nightmare for the people of these areas as their only  access was through the Isolo bridge.

The traffic snarls on the roads around the area are usually unbearable. The affected roads include Lateef Salami Road, Osolo Way, Aswani Market Road, Iyana-Isolo road, Limca Road, Berliet Road and the Cele/Okota Road. These routes have become nightmares to residents of Okota, Isolo, Ago Palace Way, Ikotun, Ejigbo, Egbe, Festac and its environs.

Those who are coming from the Apapa end to Oshodi are not free from the problem.

.Some of the residents and motorists who spoke to Vanguard Metro lauded the good initiative of the government and urged it to ensure proper monitoring and maintenance of the infrastructure in the interest of the public.

According to one Mr Ajayi: “The implementation of polices by the Lagos State Government is very commendable, but there is need for follow-up strategies because not everyone involved in these schemes are as committed as the Governor.

“Most of these traffic jams are man-made, hence there should be respite if traffic agents do not shirk their responsibilities on this route every evening.

“The only people enjoying this situation are the street hawkers and the hoodlums who pounce on motorists in the traffic jams and rob them of their personal effects without any challenge from any quarters”.
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2010
Most of these traffic jams are man-made, hence there should be respite if traffic agents do not shirk their responsibilities on this route every evening.

The only people enjoying this situation are the street hawkers and the hoodlums who pounce on motorists in the traffic jams and rob them of their personal effects without any challenge from any quarters”.

the false face of lagos touts cant challenge their hoodlum companions nah, moreso Fashola has affected their business returns.
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by LEGSTRONG(m): 11:24pm On Apr 24, 2010
I am not a politician n do not intend to b but i am aware that Politicing that these politicians ( that get into position whether by our decision or not) do affects our lives n so i get to notice n share a view when they affect me. I've lived in Lagos for about 9 yrs now b4 then i l've lived in Edo State for over 20 yrs n then i lived in Plateau state for Six yrs n i Have visited Ekiti State i have Visited Ondo State I once Lived in Oyo State, I once Lived in Nasarawa State I have visited Delta state.
My Point: He probably is Guilty for Obvious reasons ( the God fatherzm Concept ) he was put therehe needed to be loyal. But he had always had Development of the state and better life for the peole of the state.
Just today, i asked my barber about a guy who used to loiter around in my area n was notorious for house beak-ins but has never been caught ,his response shocked me. He is now a big boy he was employed as a supervisor by the construction company handling the reconstruction Company of the Tejuosho market, I mean if u ever heard this guy or his group of friends loitered near your house u'd look for extra megard to gaurd your house, we were all hoping someday the police (who already know him) would pick m up n we'd never see him again.
He is now a changed person living responsibly because one man came into the position of a Governor n had a better-life idea for the people. The story is the same for thousands
GO to Edo state youths threaten you with Kidnapping on the streets if u dont give them what they ask of you instantly. Am sure you will agree that Lagos residents sleep peacefully, Fashola brought in the private sector to participate n donate vehicles n security gargdets to the police in Lagos. i hear that policemen in Lagos each have life insurance policy.
Lagos state waste Management agency LAWMA is the best in Nigeria. Come out everyday see Nigerians (LAWMA employee) sweeping n packing dirt with unmatched enthusiasm. Because they see a governor who is interested in change n hence want to b a part of it.
He is our better Evil. This story might go the Ribadu way if it is not handled properly. It is a shame to Nigeria….that we do not recognize people who implement their manifesto like they promised.
Have you ever asked yourself this question“Who is Behind this?”
You talk about tax payers money…, I laugh….Did u not know you were paying tax all these years? It is now that you have someone truly using the tax money that you want to destroy a legacy that will encourage honest men to come out n contest elections?
Since he stepped on toes e.g. Commandeering the collection of internal revenue in Lagos state from Tinubu n the so called God fathers he now makes over a whooping 1BILLION naira every month for Lagos state. Before now it was always about 200 million. Where did the remaining 800million vanish to monthly?
It would be better to have People who have the true Nigerian experience to voice out in this issue not people from Columbus Ohio…
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 27, 2010
You talk about tax payers money…, I laugh….Did u not know you were paying tax all these years?

$10 million question.
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by rasputinn(m): 6:09am On Apr 27, 2010
Keyamo is the most credibility challenged popular lawyer i Nigeria that should truly be ignored.He'll sell his mother for a mess of porridge
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by idifu(m): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2010
Dr.Kitaun you belong in the jungle cuz you aren't ready for civilisation at all.
I know lotta touts in Lagos state that work for Fashola and he has made dem rich by putting dem on his pay roll, using tax-payers money to finance gangsterism all over Lagos state.
Dr.Kitaun i want you to mention one single significant achievement of Fashola that has impacted on the lives of the ppl? ,go to general hospital and see what is happening there, roads aren't properly constructed,road constructions in Lagos state were given to his friends,party members,families, who know nothing about construction
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2010
^^ are you literate because you sound like an illiterate.

You must be one of those hoodlums terrorizing the people of lagos state.

“The only people enjoying this situation are the street hawkers and the hoodlums who pounce on motorists in the traffic jams and rob them of their personal effects without any challenge from any quarters”.
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by idifu(m): 11:21pm On Apr 27, 2010
guys like you shouldnt have had access to the internet cuz u are full of Poo
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by idifu(m): 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2010
my arguements are based on the truth and not Lies , go to Fadeyi,Shomolu,palmgrove,onipanu and ask about the most ruthless gangster that controls all of those areas and you will be told his name n also that he works for AC which is no secret to ppl living in those areas of Lagos state, infact you would also be told that he once beheaded a thug like him on behalf of AC 2 years ago, the beheaded thug worked for P.D.P go to Fadeyi and verify my claim.
Gangsters have been turned into v.i.p's by AC in Lagos state that you will be amazed the special treatment they are being given by the govt of Lagos state., this is a fact go to the streets and verify my claim.
What is the big deal about the bridge constructed by Fashola is it not his job ?
does he have to advertise it on the pages of news papers or on the internet before we know he is working?
it is his job to work his ass out for the ppl of Lagos state because he is there to serve the ppl of Lagos state and not Lord himself over the ppl of Lagos state acting as if constructing a bridge is a favor he has done for the ppl of Lagos state.
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 28, 2010
shut up you basket case.

Werent you claiming he didnt do anything, now even in the face of solid evidence,you're still talking nonsense.

As per any of your fellow touts you want out of the way- no be only you dey Lagos. See your area father to complain if rival gangs are disturbing your "territory".

Did the tout you mention say he was working for Fashola? And do you not know the way to a police station to report any incidence of murder?
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by tinventor(m): 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2010
@Legstrong

you said my mind. i will rather keep fashola in power to eat small and keep working at the rate he is working. than have tinubu bring in one of the chronic thieves and Lagos goes back to its old state.

i have lived abroad and back in Lagos i can see that some parts are looking as if its not part of Nigeria.

If tinubu as worked as hard as this many lives that was lost to thieves and bad roads would have been saved.

@IDIFU, y are you talking non sense. its a shame we have people like your thinking in this state, honestly reading your post dis-heartens me
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by idifu(m): 10:28pm On Apr 28, 2010
tinventor it's a shame the truth disheartens your heart ,it's time 4 ppl like u 2 change and be truthful cuz it is d only way u would av God's Mercy
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by selingel: 1:48am On Apr 29, 2010
There is no point going that far. This is just an ordinary forum, where people argue facts and figures, just to come to a compromise.
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by Enjoyment1(f): 9:21am On Apr 29, 2010
The
selingel:

There is no point going that far. This is just an ordinary forum, where people argue facts and figures, just to come to a compromise.

The problem is, some people are very ill-tempered, and they do not know how to manage it publicly. Meanwhile, there is no way EFCC will investigate Lagos, and someone will not go to jail.
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by dukssy: 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2010
Chichi234

If their grandfather Tinubu is a thief, their grandchild fashola is equally a thief, what is bad in submitting urself to probe as a public office holder, one thing i know for sure is that nemesis will caught up it Fashola, when i can't say, but for sure it will because he has hitting too deep on lagosians.
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2010
^^ such stupid logic.
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by idifu(m): 12:05am On Apr 30, 2010
if he knows his hands are as clean as a white satin then let him submit himself ,he is afraid of probe cuz he has got lot of skeletons in his cupboard, both old and fresh skeletons this is why he doesn't want to be probed, Nigeria is the only country in the world that public office holders like governers and their likes think they are bigger than d rule of law it is time to show these guys dat no man is above the law like Steven Seagal
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by babapupa: 3:40am On Apr 30, 2010
idifu:

if he  knows his hands are as clean as a white satin then let him submit himself ,he is afraid of probe cuz he has got lot of skeletons in his cupboard, both old and fresh skeletons this is why he doesn't want to be probed, Nigeria is the only country in the world that public office holders like governers and their likes think they are bigger than d rule of law it is time to show these guys dat no man is above the law like Steven Seagal

Is he hiding?

Has he been summoned and he refused to show up?

Is he under any kind of indictment?

How do you suggest he submit himself?

Go to the police station?

go to the EFCC without invitation?

Go to the state legislature without invitation?

Go to the court?

Just how? 

Btw, you know he's afraid of the probe because you felt his hard beating and scary heart?

Sometimes I wonder about some of you loonies on NL. Some of you think like elementary kids,
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by DrKitaun(m): 5:34am On Apr 30, 2010
Babapupa

No be wetin internet access dey cause? For all we know these twerps might not even be eligible to vote yet!
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by idifu(m): 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2010
babapupa and Dr.Kitaun you guys are d.i.c.k riders dat is y u both are on fashola's d.i.c.k
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by DrKitaun(m): 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2010
At least we make sense and post sensibly, unlike u and ur puerile rants. . .mumu!
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2010
ROFLMAO!!!!! Ad hominem and not even a single valid statement to follow = making sense on nairaland . . . . ROFLMAO!!!
Re: There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo by akinalabi(m): 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
If you want to govern a state in Nigeria and you find time answering petitions, you will achieve NOTHING in four years.

That is the reality of the system here.

Although this sounds undemocratic, Fashola must ignore all these and trudge on doing his work.

We have a choice. He faces petitions or he faces governance. Its up to us. Personally, I'll pick governance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Refuse Take Over Aba / Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku / Power Cuts Worsen As Generation Drops By 1,598MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.