Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,691 members, 7,948,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 04:02 AM

Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) (16869 Views)

Minimalist Chair / New Houses I Saw In Villages In Imo State Today - Photos / Adron Homes. For Land In Ibeju-lekki, Shimawa, Atan-ota, Ikorodu, (080944441216) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by tizzle(m): 6:53am On Jan 31, 2018
They look like temporary structures not permanent... more like something you go camping with or for people who don't settle in one place but move about always

1 Like

Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by adechi: 6:53am On Jan 31, 2018
This is a good concept , nice and cool, can also be built or used in some areas in Lagos ,not only in villages....
we should also put security cautiousness into place....

But its ok, used in places like Germany.....

What is the cost ??
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by kayDooo(m): 7:00am On Jan 31, 2018
It will be shaking when I'm doing dis

Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Ospic2014: 7:00am On Jan 31, 2018
How do I build one in my farm?
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by santopelele(m): 7:02am On Jan 31, 2018
YES THATS GOOD,BUT NIGERIA IS A BACKWARD COUNTRY NAH, BECAUSE IN NIGERIA HERE, STUDENTS OF ARCHITECTURE AND BUILDING TECHNOLOGY ARE STIL LEARNING ANCIENT ROMAN ARCHITECTURE WHICH DEPENDS ON BUILDING HOUSES WITH CEMENT AND BLOCKS, BUT IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES LIKE CHINA AND EUROPEAN COUNTRIES,THEIR BUILDINGS ARE NOW BUILDS IN GLASSES AND WOOD, WHICH IS MORE CHEAPER AND AFFORDABLE! BUT HERE, WE ARE STIL BACKWARD
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Curiouscity(m): 7:03am On Jan 31, 2018
Pavore9:
What of cost? It is certainly not cheap.

True!

Some of these are more expensive than an average block houses (without much finishing ) in Nigeria.
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by ElPhoche(m): 7:06am On Jan 31, 2018
If Herdsmen, kidnappers or armed robbers jam you in your minimalistic abode eh, sorry would be your case.
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by sisisioge: 7:06am On Jan 31, 2018
Yes! It is bigger than most single people's apartments in naija. Imagine the bathroom having a bath...it is too big biko. I will be very happy in one grin
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by bolinjkezzy(m): 7:10am On Jan 31, 2018
Mrjo:
IF U CONSIDER RAIN AND HARMATHARN U WILL DISCOVER IT WILL NT LAST IN NIGERIA
So you mean it doesn't rain and windy over there?

1 Like

Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by vanchi(m): 7:11am On Jan 31, 2018
dirtymoney:
If 911 emergency service isn't working in Nigeria, don't expect this to work, cuz you'll wine and dine and share your little crib with armed robbers, thieves and kidnappers.

Exactly my thoughts
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by gratiaeo(m): 7:14am On Jan 31, 2018
How much is it's affordability
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Saintdamstic(m): 7:18am On Jan 31, 2018
Mrjo:
IF U CONSIDER RAIN AND HARMATHARN U WILL DISCOVER IT WILL NT LAST IN NIGERIA

Its not like that o. Most of this cribs are insulated giving room for temperature control
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by SmallmebigGod: 7:19am On Jan 31, 2018
In the early 90s a military governor used this to build a whole hospital with, I learnt the hospital was completed within 3weeks. The buildings are still there and strong till now. Despite rains and storm

2 Likes

Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 31, 2018
Mathematical:
kiss kiss

Well I don't consider myself a minimalist, but the lifestyle is awesome. A moderate way of life isn't tied in with fitting all your worldly possession into a solitary rucksack, it's about clearing the clutter from your life and altering your mindset so you can live with more purpose and peace.

Minimalist living means figuring out how to disengage yourself from what you own, and living is to a great extent about the search for contentment, and contentment starts with an appreciation for what you have.

THIS SHOULD REPLACE MUD HOUSE AND UNDER BRIDGE CRIBS, BUT WE NO GEH BETA LEADERS

marry me.. im stil single, fine and rich and i sabi cook okra and egusi!
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Dee60: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2018
They wont come cheap at the end of the day.

In Nigeria, a lot of people cannot afford a N500,000 cash down, so what is 'affordable'? None of those structures will cost less than 5million, I think! So, is it affordable?

Maybe you should say hey are 'cheaper' but that has to be proved.

I also wonder if wood will fly! You also do need fences, even in the village, so that herdsmen will not encroach.

1 Like

Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 31, 2018
I've always thought about this tbh. Living in a trailer like those nice ones on wheels where all the furniture will be bolted down to the floor. Like, imagine I were to get a great job in one of these companies on the Island here in Lagos. Or anywhere in Lagos for that matter. Instead of shuttling back and forth everyday. . .just live in a trailer and 'go home' to my main place on the weekends. Some good ones are relatively affordable, and you could also design one to your taste if you wanted to. You just need some skilled artisans, a great eye, and a container grin (and money). Its a great idea (especially for bachelors who don't intend to "settle down" anytime soon). My only concern as with everything in Nigeria is security. Like, where could I possibly park it that it wouldn't get vandalised when I'm not there?? Or where I wouldn't get my beautiful house on wheels broken into and robbed at night??
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2018
WHAT ABOUT WHEN THERE IS WIND?. I GUESS MUD HOUSE IS MORE WIND RESISTANT
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by lastempero: 7:31am On Jan 31, 2018
It only works where there is adequate security.

1 Like

Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by BruncleZuma: 7:52am On Jan 31, 2018
Acid rain
Termites
Omonile
Revenue collectors
NEPA
NITEL
MSNBC
GPHDA

Choose one
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 31, 2018
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by mysteryman2014: 7:56am On Jan 31, 2018
ignis:
Please don't try this in Nigeria. Kidnappers will kidnap the small building and the inhabitants with a lorry/caterpillar.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Dee60: 7:57am On Jan 31, 2018
AnonyNymous:
I've always thought about this tbh. Living in a trailer like those nice ones on wheels where all the furniture will be bolted down to the floor. Like, imagine I were to get a great job in one of these companies on the Island here in Lagos. Or anywhere in Lagos for that matter. Instead of shuttling back and forth everyday. . .just live in a trailer and 'go home' to my main place on the weekends. Some good ones are relatively affordable, and you could also design one to your taste if you wanted to. You just need some skilled artisans, a great eye, and a container grin (and money). Its a great idea (especially for bachelors who don't intend to "settle down" anytime soon). My only concern as with everything in Nigeria is security. Like, where could I possibly park it that it wouldn't get vandalised when I'm not there?? Or where I wouldn't get my beautiful house on wheels broken into and robbed at night??

You will stopped on the road to 'show your particular's at least twice a day!
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 31, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 31, 2018
-
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 31, 2018
Simple answer is NO
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 31, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by rynno(m): 8:54am On Jan 31, 2018
It looks cool, until u sleep in your house in lagos only to wake up and find your house in an unknown location.
dem go kidnap u and your house

1 Like

Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by hysteriabox(m): 8:57am On Jan 31, 2018
ScorpioMoon:
All humans deserve a a very beautiful space to call home . the homes below can replace the Nigerian vilage mud huts , its very affordable . what do you think? Great Nigeria
OP these are not called minimalist designs. If you go to parts of Lagos, minimalist designs have long been built. These are called Tiny homes. They are trending in the US n Canada. Very efficient use of space and resources. They cost as low as $10,000 to build and most are mobile n weigh less than 50,000 pounds

2 Likes

Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by pweshboi(m): 9:07am On Jan 31, 2018
ScorpioMoon:
why would arm robbers want to attack such a modest home ?
because this is NIGERIA
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Mathematical(f): 9:21am On Jan 31, 2018
aonag:

marry me.. im stil single, fine and rich and i sabi cook okra and egusi!

Without proposal? cheesy
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by robosky02(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2018
Mathematical:

Without proposal? cheesy

which is
better marriage or proposal
Re: Minimalist Homes For Nigerian Villages(habitat For All ) by Kendrick80(m): 9:46am On Jan 31, 2018
ScorpioMoon:
Yea it could work if its properly insulated.it's gonna be solar powered i guess?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Government Reduces Land Use Charge / I Think I'm Being Cheated By A Building Contractor. / BUILDING APPROVAL, ARCHITECTURAL,STRUCTURAL,M And E DRAWING for AFFORDABLE PRICE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.