Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,386 members, 7,884,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 05:14 PM

Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? (2181 Views)

Can A Man Earning 6k Daily Marry In Abuja? / Why Do Igbo Girls Have Beards On The Side Of Their Face / When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by 2buffagain(m): 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2018
It would seem that of all tribes, igbo are the most geographically tied to their village.

We dey yankee. Yet All the igbo girls I know who marry require that she and her boo travel back to her village to do trad ceremonies even when the girl and her necessary family members live abroad.
These add to costs. Is this something to be expected when a guy is considering an igbo girl abroad?
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2018
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
This is how they will go and dash village people their phone number simply because they want to show off.... Better run for you life and pocket.
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by cruzita(f): 8:36pm On Jan 31, 2018
Why do your traditional marriage in a strange land that knows nothing about your tradition.and besides their are sumtins the elders and older women are suppose to perform during her marriage.so will u pay for their flight

1 Like

Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by 2buffagain(m): 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2018
cruzita:
Why do your traditional marriage in a strange land that knows nothing about your tradition.and besides their are sumtins the elders and older women are suppose to perform during her marriage.so will u pay for their flight

Sounds fetishy.
Her father and mother's direct blessings in yankee is enough. All other blessings can be given remotely!
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by hammer6F: 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
2buffagain:
It would seem that of all tribes, igbo are the most geographically tied to their village.

We dey yankee. Yet All the igbo girls I know who marry require that she and her boo travel back to her village to do trad ceremonies even when the girl and her necessary family members live abroad.
These add to costs. Is this something to be expected when a guy is considering an igbo girl abroad?

Sir where are you from and i mean your ethnic group?

Y did u leave ur ethnic group and now opening thread about Igbos?

Fulani dey kill una on a daily basis yet every day, u non- igbos without culture will be opening thread to question another man culture?

1 Like

Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by 2buffagain(m): 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2018
hammer6F:

Sir where are you from and i mean your ethnic group?

Y did u leave ur ethnic group and now opening thread about Igbos?

Fulani dey kill una on a daily basis yet every day, u non- igbos without culture will be opening thread to question another man culture?

Southwest, but how all that one you dey talk so consain me?
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by hammer6F: 9:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
2buffagain:

Southwest, but how all that one you dey talk so consain me?

Southwest?

U left your southwest to open thread about Igbo people?

Wat happen to women from all over the world aside the ones in your southwest.

Do u know that u people are fast becoming a mental case?

Every minute Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by hammer6F: 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
U go to UK/US u are looking for Igbo before u consider marriage.

Haba! Even Igbo men/women dont do dat? Even if dey did, we will say he or she love their culture.

Ur case is pure loony.
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by 2buffagain(m): 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
Are you done? undecided
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
Reasonable topic turned into a tribalistic thread! Igbo women amaka cheesy
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by hammer6F: 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2018
mhizenugu:
Reasonable topic turned into a tribalistic thread! Igbo women amaka cheesy

It was already a tribalistic thread targeting a particular tribe called Igbo.

It is a daily routine in nairaland to open thread on the one and only igbo people on a daily basis.

No other group will tolerate such.

Even though u might like praise singers. It is wrong, only God should be worshiped and adored.

These type of op is suffering from wat is called "obsession with Igbo people".

1 Like

Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
hammer6F:

It is a daily routine in nairaland to open thread on the one and only igbo people on a daily basis.

Even though u might like praise singers. It is wrong, only God should be worshiped and adored.

I dont see any negativity in the oP's wanting to know something about another culture. You should learn to tolerate people that have different perspective/opinion on issues from you

2 Likes

Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2018
hammer6F:

These type of op is suffering from wat is called "obsession with Igbo".
oh really? I see. shocked Anyways thanks for taking your time to elaborate more on the issue.
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by hammer6F: 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2018
Jupxter:

I dont see any negativity in the oP's wanting to know something about another culture. You should learn to tolerate people that have different perspective/opinion on issues from you

No, dont come with that over familiarity, una own don dey too much.

Y dont u go and open thread on hausafulani people?

Is it wen we start fighting dat you will understand the meaning of respect?

This is y Hausafulani dont consider u people to be human, to dem u are even worthless than their cow.

Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2018
hammer6F:

No, dont come with that over familiarity, una own don dey too much.

Y dont u go and open thread on hausafulani people?

Is it wen we start fighting dat you will understand the meaning of respect?

This is y Hausafulani dont consider u people to be human, to dem u are even worthless than their cow.

Ignored. Last time i checked i'm not the oP, and i didn't mention i was from the same tribe from the oP.Good nyt
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by hammer6F: 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2018
Jupxter:

Ignored. Last time i checked i'm not the oP, and i didn't mention i was from the same tribe from the oP.Good nyt

better go and sleep! nexttime dont quote me if u cannot stand the response.

I am a very principled person and i say it as it is without missing words.
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
hammer6F:

better go and sleep! nexttime dont quote me if u cannot stand the response.

I am a very principled person and i say it as it is without missing words.

I can see you emotions all over the place...No sense of control...I'm not yoruba. Go work on yourself
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by hammer6F: 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
Jupxter:

I can see you emotions all over the place...No sense of control...I'm not yoruba. Go work on yourself

I didn't ask u dat, u are the one that quoted me and said u were going.

Go on then!
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
hammer6F:

I didn't ask u dat, u are the one that quoted me and said u were going.

Go on then!

Such " inferno "
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by hammer6F: 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2018
Odingo1:
Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo ;]Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo;]Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo;]Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo Igbo

Everyday, Igbo this, Igbo dat.

Forgeting that term refers to over 40 million people with shared ancestry and origin.

Wat give them right to disturb the peace of 40 million people?
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by khiaa(f): 12:21am On Feb 01, 2018
hammer6F:

Are you Igbo? If you are, look at it this way. With ENVY comes OBSESSION. It's the same way white Americans are obsessed about black Americans. wink
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by 2buffagain(m): 2:47am On Feb 01, 2018
Thankfully all the derailment attempts for the thread have failed and the perpatrator has been cast out.
Hopefully more intelligent igbo folk can shed light on the topic.

Topic Reminder: Why is it that Igbo girls abroad HAVE to do the village thing when they are getting married?
Even when all her immediate family are also abroad?
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by sekxyqueen(f): 3:35am On Feb 01, 2018
yes and if you can't afford the fund,shift to the next ethnic group that don't require such.
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by sekxyqueen(f): 3:37am On Feb 01, 2018
2buffagain:
Thankfully all the derailment attempts for the thread have failed and the perpatrator has been cast out.
Hopefully more intelligent igbo folk can shed light on the topic.

Topic Reminder: Why is it that Igbo girls abroad HAVE to do the village thing when they are getting married?
Even when all her immediate family are also abroad?
Oga,respect people's culture and tradition. if traditon demands they come back to do necessary things,then it should remain that way..
if you can't afford the flight ticket then shift undecided

1 Like

Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by IkpuMmadu: 3:53am On Feb 01, 2018
2buffagain:

Because Igbo appreciate culture and don't allow western world to dilute it

Also it's called traditional wedding not modern wedding..get a grip of yourself son
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by Blackhawk01: 3:55am On Feb 01, 2018
sekxyqueen:

Oga,respect people's culture and tradition. if traditon demands they come back to do necessary things,then it should remain that way..
if you can't afford the flight ticket then shift undecided

Y'all need to take chill pills and stop seeing every question to your tribe as an attack. Dude only needs to be enlightened. He initially created the thread at the family section, some guys, instead of answering his question, decided to go tribalistic. He brought it here, thinking he'd get better responses and y'all are doing the same thing. This isn't cool abeg.

Op, I'm Yoruba but I've experienced something similar. It's all about the family tradition.

1 Like

Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by Nobody: 3:57am On Feb 01, 2018
That's why we are Igbos, we never forget our root. We always go home to get reinforced and reinvigorated by our forefathers not minding the cost.

Recently, a distant cousin of mine whose parents and siblings are here took her oyibo fiancé to her Naija village to know where she came from and also meet her grannies.

I spend about $10,000 every year travelling home not because I'm too rich but because I have a permanent home unlike my black American counterparts. That's why I'm an African american and they, black Americans. grin
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by sekxyqueen(f): 4:54am On Feb 01, 2018
Blackhawk01:

Y'all need to take chill pills and stop seeing every question to your tribe as an attack. Dude only needs to be enlightened. He initially created the thread at the family section, some guys, instead of answering his question, decided to go tribalistic. He brought it here, thinking he'd get better responses and y'all are doing the same thing. This isn't cool abeg.

Op, I'm Yoruba but I've experienced something similar. It's all about the family tradition.
was I tribalistic with my comment undecided

goodmoney according to Debbie cheesy
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by Zuluhead(m): 5:33am On Feb 01, 2018
Its the Igbo custom and tradition,just the same way the igbos don't bury their dead ones outside the Igbo kingdom, they also don't perform their traditional marriages outside,irrespective of geographical location it should be done on the Igbo soil,that's why its call a traditional marriage.
Re: Must Igbo Girls abroad Marry In Their Village? by Blackhawk01: 7:46am On Feb 01, 2018
sekxyqueen:

was I tribalistic with my comment undecided

goodmoney according to Debbie cheesy

Yeah. Your first statement came off like he disrespected your culture because he asked a harmless question.

Lol. Goodmorning to you too. kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Who Allow Their Wives On Top During Sex Will Not Make Heaven – Nigerian Past / Ladies Share Their Views On Male Logic / Women Always Feel Entitled To Things They Don't Own, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.