Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

How Reliable Is The 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara V6 ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is The 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara V6 ? (5359 Views)

Suzuki Vitara N Nissan Tino, Help Me Out Pls / Please House How Reliable Is The 2000 Nissan Xterra Xe/se 4D / Please How Reliable Is The 2000 Jetta 2.0L 4 Cylinder Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is The 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara V6 ? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2010
Someone is offering me a Grand Vitara (model year 2000) for N1.1m. The SUV seems to be in good shape, and its got auto transmission and true 4x4.
How reliable is this car? Is it worth the price or should I just buy a regular 97/98/99 mitsubishi sedan?
Re: How Reliable Is The 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara V6 ? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2010
bump
Re: How Reliable Is The 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara V6 ? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:13pm On Apr 17, 2010
gridlock,

shine your eyes! shocked

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Reliability.aspx?year=2000&make=Suzuki&model=Grand%20Vitara

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara Reliability Rating

Engine:

Occasional problems on this vehicle are failures of the Front Timing Cover Gasket and Timing Chain Tensioner #1. Problems with the Front Timing Cover Gasket can cause an oil leak at the front of the engine. Problems in the Timing Chain Tensioner #1 can cause a ticking noise at the front of the engine. The cost to replace the Front Timing Cover Gasket is estimated at $30.00 for parts and $715.00 for labor. The cost to replace the Timing Chain Tensioner #1 is estimated at $100.00 for parts and $767.00 for labor. All prices are estimates based on $65.00 per flat rate hour and do not include diagnostic time or any applicable sales tax.

Transmission & Driveline:

Infrequent problems reported, all with low repair costs.

Steering & Suspension:

Brakes:

Heating & Air Conditioning:

An occasional problem on this vehicle is the failure of the Condenser Fan Motor. Problems with the Condenser Fan Motor can cause the Air Conditioning System to not operate correctly. The cost to replace the Condenser Fan Motor is estimated at $259.48 for parts and $39 for labor. All prices are estimates based on $65 per flat rate hour and do not include diagnostic time or any applicable sales tax.

Starting & Charging:

Accessories:

(1) (Reply)

Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. / Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.