Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,748 members, 7,908,892 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:45 PM

Four Kinds Of Churches (1) [matthew 16:18-19] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Four Kinds Of Churches (1) [matthew 16:18-19] (314 Views)

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu / Four Kinds Of Churches (2) [acts 8:5-25, Matthew 16:18-19] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Kinds Of Churches (1) [matthew 16:18-19] by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 01, 2018
This month, we will focus on church, church membership and truths that will help you get the best that Christ died to offer the Body of Christ. God told me that the fulfillment of a believer’s destiny starts only when he or she becomes a part of the Body of Christ through the local Church. There are four ways through which a church can evolve, only one is right.

1. An Empire: This is the first kind of a wrong church which emerges from the decision of a man to start a church God hasn’t sent him. This could be as a result of personal ambition or identifying a need. Maturity may help identify a need, but it is God’s calling upon a man that equips him or her to meet that need. This may also manifest when someone with great natural abilities assumes he is better than the man called of God. When a man starts this kind of church, it is an empire and it will be a fraud that lacks the backing and authentic power of God.

2. A Club: This is a church founded by a group of people that decide to do something for God. This results in a tower of Babel. When a people decide to have a church for God without the Lord’s authorization, what they would have is a club. It can have resemblance and appearance of church, it would have a collegiate spirit, lacking a father’s voice and it will not be a church supported by God.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive the truths You are showing me this month concerning my church membership in Jesus’ name. Amen.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 13:17-15:18, Matthew 21:23-46, Psalms 26:1-12, Proverbs 6:16-19

Rev and Rev Mrs Olusola Areogun
Re: Four Kinds Of Churches (1) [matthew 16:18-19] by greatnaija01: 6:51am On Feb 01, 2018
pls sir according to the scriptures you are quite WRONG.
the time is short and anyone who has received the great commission can actually start what we call a church because of the urgent NEED. Jesus explains this in a parable about the feast and those he called didnt come so he went to the streets and found ANYONE...Luke 14:20-24 shows this.

also did you consider this scripture below before writing this post?

Philippians 1:15-18

15 Some, of course, are preaching the Good News because they are jealous of the way God has used me. They want reputations as fearless preachers! But others have purer motives,
16-17 preaching because they love me, for they know that the Lord has brought me here to use me to defend the Truth. And some preach to make me jealous, thinking that their success will add to my sorrows here in jail!
18 But whatever their motive for doing it, the fact remains that the Good News about Christ is being preached, and I am glad.

(1) (Reply)

Clarification On The Birth Of Jesus / * The Power Of A Name * / Out Of Ignorance Your Enemies Will Help You Fulfill Your Dreams This Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.