Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,101 members, 7,939,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans (1215 Views)

Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks / Fayemi: No Mosque Demolished In Rivers State / Patience Jonathan’s Building Demolished In Abuja (Video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans by harbdulrasaq88(m): 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
The sight of the demolition exercise at the Oshodi end of Lagos Mainland was a heartbreaking one to behold for owners whose properties were demolished.

It is more worrying for the affected owners when the payment of compensation is yet to reach an advanced stage.

The demolition is geared towards the expansion of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Road.

https://insidemainland.com/2018/02/01/aggrieved-house-owner-oshodi-demolition-cries-see-photos/

cc lalasticlala mynd44

Re: PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans by harbdulrasaq88(m): 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2018

Re: PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
So many including a mosque angry
Re: PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans by sinaj(f): 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
I feel for the owners.

I hope they get compensated.
Re: PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans by kayfra: 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
Keneking:
So many including a mosque angry

They will all be compensated. Something had to be done to fix that road. Its too much of a critical asset to allow it to be such a bottleneck.
Re: PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans by Realdeals(m): 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
The pains of development.
Re: PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans by Chidexter(m): 7:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
Oh
Re: PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans by Nukilia: 7:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
Many people will be forced to go back to their village... When Landlord becomes tenant
Re: PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans by TheFreeOne: 7:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
sinaj:
I feel for the owners.

I hope they get compensated.

That's if they have appropriate and approved documents.

I've heard of a man that eventually died of HB pressure after three of his buildings were demolished in ijesha part of Surulere for lack of necessary documents.

It's essential one have appropriate approvals when erecting structures to avoid these stories that hurts.
Re: PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans by desmond2pk: 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2018
The title is misleading. Houses demolished for brt buses. It's very unfortunate that this is happening. People houses are being destroyed, shops are being destroyed. People are being rendered helpless for brt buses.
R
The type of efforts govt is putting in brt business shows that it is a private business for politicians. If it is for the goods of common man, the govt would not have put such an effort.
Re: PHOTOS: Houses Demolished In Oshodi To Enable Expansion Plans by Chukazu: 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2018
TheFreeOne:

That's if they have appropriate and approved documents.

I've heard of a man that eventually died of HB pressure after three of his buildings were demolished in ijesha part of Surulere for lack of necessary documents.

It's essential one have appropriate approvals when erecting structures to avoid these stories that hurts.

Virtually every property in those line has got approved documents, that road is not even a state road but federal setback. Just that they need to expand to accommodate the news Oshodi design project and you can't fight government

So they surely will be compensated

(1) (Reply)

APC crisis; Bauchi Deputy Governor Tendered His Resignation On Thursday. / It's Time For Ndigbo To Ask Nigeria Hard Questions- Gov. Obiano / You Are Complacent, Hypocritical, Jokolo Blasts Sultan, Northern Elites Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.