Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,285 members, 7,967,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 05:29 AM

Obasanjo Finally Reveals Why He Wrote 'controversial' Letter To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Finally Reveals Why He Wrote 'controversial' Letter To Buhari (1128 Views)

Obasanjo Finally Reveals List Of Those Behind Islamization Agenda And Solution / Daniel Elombah Arrested Due To The Article He Wrote Against Buhari - FFK / Obasanjo Finally Speaks On Maina Scandal, Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Finally Reveals Why He Wrote 'controversial' Letter To Buhari by LadyNaija(f): 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2018
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that his recent open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari was not borne out malice or ‘bad belle’ but out of his deep concern for the situation in the country. Punch reports that he said this on Thursday, February 1, at the secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Oke Ilewo area of Abeokuta, shortly after the Coalition for Nigeria Movement was inaugurated in Ogun state, and he was registered as a member of the movement, after formally filling the registration form. Obasanjo’s registration came almost 24 hours after the CNM was inaugurated in Abuja. Obasanjo arrived the venue at exactly 12.44pm in company with former governors of Cross River and Osun states, Donald Duke and Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola respectively, among others. The former president while addressing scores of potential members who had gathered at the venue, said he was surprised that many Nigerians were worried that he had exchange pleasantries with President Buhari at the African Unity summit at Addis Ababa, capital of Ethiopia, few days after he wrote the open letter to him (Buhari). He noted that he never condemned the Buhari-led administration in totality, as he explained he gave him commendation in areas where it had performed well. Obasanjo, however, spoke in parable, hinting that big masquerades have taken the centre stage, and the small masquerades must quit the stage. He said: “Last week, I issued a statement which I did not do lightly or frivolously but out of deep concern for the situation of our country. “I wonder why some Nigerians were worried why I had to pay respect to the Nigerian President at Addis Ababa. That’s my own upbringing as a well-born and bred Yoruba boy. “That doesn’t mean that what I have said about the President, which I did not say out of bitterness and hatred. It is evident that the President has performed in some areas, good enough. "In other areas not good and a proper advice which he may take and he may not take. “I didn’t do that out of malice or out of ‘bad belle’; I did it out of my respect for that office and my interest and I hope in your interest and the interest of Buhari in Nigeria.”

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2018/02/obasanjo-finally-reveals-why-he-wrote.html

[img]https://4.bp..com/-38xPA7Kwtkw/WVyDu7UcIrI/AAAAAAAACno/vbHBPoA2QFETPDd6LzvG5MRgGwqRGi67ACPcBGAYYCw/s640/Obasanjo.jpg[/img]
Re: Obasanjo Finally Reveals Why He Wrote 'controversial' Letter To Buhari by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
baba iyabo......what next?
Re: Obasanjo Finally Reveals Why He Wrote 'controversial' Letter To Buhari by 989900: 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2018
Simples!
Re: Obasanjo Finally Reveals Why He Wrote 'controversial' Letter To Buhari by osazeeblue01: 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2018
Daura loading
Re: Obasanjo Finally Reveals Why He Wrote 'controversial' Letter To Buhari by tballeyy(m): 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
Original Jagaban of Nigeria
Re: Obasanjo Finally Reveals Why He Wrote 'controversial' Letter To Buhari by iyamALBEN(m): 8:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Stop the plenty prayers for the Nation and go get your PVC.
Inec counts votes not prayer points
Re: Obasanjo Finally Reveals Why He Wrote 'controversial' Letter To Buhari by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
We know they are always doing it for the people's interest(old news).Buhari has gotten your letter and he better act on it if he wants to come back.Either way it is good that OBJ spoke the mind of the people on that letter so the president would know we are not smiling if he fails to act on it Nigerians should get their PVC's and do the needful in 2019.
Re: Obasanjo Finally Reveals Why He Wrote 'controversial' Letter To Buhari by tellmemore15: 12:42am On Feb 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
We know they are always doing it for the people's interest(old news).Buhari has gotten your letter and he better act on it if he wants to come back.Either way it is good that OBJ spoke the mind of the people on that letter so the president would know we are not smiling if he fails to act on it Nigerians should get their PVC's and do the needful in 2019.

while you're getting your PVC, Get a gun

(1) (Reply)

Picture: That Biafra Has It National Assembly,Biafra can't run for president / Presidency Accuses Obasanjo Of Masterminding Removal Of 5 Governors From Office / Impeach Saraki, Oshiomhole Orders APC Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.