Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,995 members, 7,933,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:10 AM

Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One (24726 Views)

Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. / Camry 2.2 Idling Problem / GUYS A Very Very Sharp Registered 2013 Camry<< 2.5m>> Slightly Negotiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by obembet(f): 7:48am On Feb 09, 2018
K
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by Hades2016(m): 7:48am On Feb 09, 2018
lilkech:
I hate this particular Camry with a passion.

Dash me and I will Immediately use it to sow seed in church
abeg dash me no take a sow seed Biko

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by symbianDON(m): 7:54am On Feb 09, 2018
lilkech:
I hate this particular Camry with a passion.

Dash me and I will Immediately use it to sow seed in church
you will use what you hate to sow seed in church? grin

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by Aadeyinka(m): 7:57am On Feb 09, 2018
MrBigiman:
1997-2002 were great years for car lovers, as it was going to open up the doors of car ownership to everyone. Prior to the advent of Japanese Engineering, using cars remained only in the purview of the affluent. However, this barrier wouldn't be for long, as vehicles would now be sold and resold to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th owners without a major decline in performance. This, was the very innovation of Japanese craftsmanship.

If there's any car that represents the indestructible, it would be the Camry 2.2, as it survived 2 decades unbattered, and has earned a place as arguably the most reliable car of the 21st century, defeating all the rivals of its age and even its elder brother the big daddy hands down. It was also going to be the end of Toyota being accessible to the common man, sadly, this fact remains not so obvious.

For car enthusiast who want an affordable, easy to maintain, yet high performance car, the Camry 2.2 provides these features but beyond expectation. This is the ultimate advice for low to middle income earners seeking to get behind the wheels without breaking pocket. New car owners should begin here as these set of cars can withstand the most abuses, without getting owners burnt.

You don't and will never know the Camry 2.2 if you don't own one.

Leave your experiences, thoughts and reservations about this vehicle.

Enjoy the weekend!

yes ooo, u re very right because u are on points, in Yoruba language we called it "Bantanse " due to ruggedness, hardly get fault easily like others cars, and easily all mechanics can fixed the issues sharply without spending heavily, infact it is a car worth and real value for money , I bought one then and used for 6yrs served to and fro office ,also sold it good price, imaging.
if not for level don change and one needed to upgrade I will say is the best to buy all the time.
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by symbianDON(m): 7:58am On Feb 09, 2018
while I owned one, I thought my mechanic had cast a spell on me because of the way I was forever at his place to change shock absorbers. that car shock absorber wahala no be here o!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by krestup: 8:03am On Feb 09, 2018
It's a good car
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by dljbd1(m): 8:09am On Feb 09, 2018
PurplePatch:
Toyota Camry 2.2 what With it's Poor security, not even prostitutes accepts men the way it accepts just Any key. grin grin grin

OP you need a Mercedes Benz C Class( rectangular lights)in your life. You'll neva know until you own one.
Benz have the best steerings
Good second hand value
Solid wheel balance
Fuel efficient
Cost effective
Maintenance friendly
Tight security(I park outside the compound without fear of ba3 theft.) shocked
The advantages goes on and on... In fact I know someone whip sold his C Class for 2.2, nobody had to tell him to run back to C Class. Who else can relate to this abeg help me tell OP. cool

I can relate jare grin
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by bdek(m): 8:51am On Feb 09, 2018
debanj326:
I think 1997-2002 Corolla Models are far better than Camry 1997-2002 models.............My opinion
Do say i think ,everyone who is privileged to owned one knows
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by nams77: 8:57am On Feb 09, 2018
timifakay:

https://www.nairaland.com/4274769/mercedes-c-class-w202-3#63968009

https://www.nairaland.com/4313499/honda-babyboy-simplicity-perfection#64544239

https://www.nairaland.com/4326705/camry-2.2-dont-know-one#64737674

You say the same thing in 3 places. Are your thrice?

But on a more serious note, please list all in the order (according to your preference).
Good -
Better -
Best -
Supported. MrBigman1. Between the Camry 2.2 and the c class, which would u pick first in terms of reliability
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by whodeyhere: 9:04am On Feb 09, 2018
debanj326:
I think 1997-2002 Corolla Models are far better than Camry 1997-2002 models.............My opinion

I have used both cars, I can tell you both are very rugged cars, the corolla beat the camry in fuel economy only but both are really great cars, you will never regret using any for an average guy that is only looking for performance and not luxury.

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by gonkin(m): 9:06am On Feb 09, 2018
sunbilor:
I learnt the car can be easily opened and has high susceptibility to theft. How true is this?

Yes na ashewo key the motor get

And the engine is used for speed boat

1 Like

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by whodeyhere: 9:08am On Feb 09, 2018
symbianDON:
while I owned one, I thought my mechanic had cast a spell on me because of the way I was forever at his place to change shock absorbers. that car shock absorber wahala no be here o!

Bro, I advise you not to buy tokunbo absorber please, if that is what you are buying. It will never last, I have used a brand new absorber on our worwor new site for over a new and I have not changed it. Please buy brand new absorber and linkages to put smile on you face. They say Taiwan made is better, i really dont know.

6 Likes

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by Peterosky(m): 9:29am On Feb 09, 2018
I drive pencil light. And I think what the Op is saying is true. Except that the only challenge I have is that the car goes off while driving most at times. Really don't know what the problem is. Any one with similar experience please advice. Thanks
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by MrMakaveli20(m): 9:39am On Feb 09, 2018
My Mom got hers in 2009. We all used to drive it till we left home. Last weekend, had a wedding close to my Dad's house and decided to use the Camry since my wife took ours for an engagement. That car is still sound and rugged as ever. it's one of the most resilient, durable and rugged car ever built.

3 Likes

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by MrMakaveli20(m): 9:44am On Feb 09, 2018
PurplePatch:
Toyota Camry 2.2 what With it's Poor security, not even prostitutes accepts men the way it accepts just Any key. grin grin grin

OP you need a Mercedes Benz C Class( rectangular lights)in your life. You'll neva know until you own one.
Good second hand value
Solid wheel balance
Fuel efficient
Cost effective
Maintenance friendly
The advantages goes on and on... In fact I know someone whip sold his C Class for 2.2, nobody had to tell him to run back to C Class. Who else can relate to this abeg help me tell OP. cool

I agree with you. It was my first car. used it for four good years. my only issue with you is the security. my boss mistakenly locked his key in and was stranded after work. I decided to use mine to try and open it. my brother, Lo and behold, it opened the door. Tho it couldn't turn on the ignition

7 Likes

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by Jamersirwin1971: 9:45am On Feb 09, 2018
Peterosky:
I drive pencil light. And I think what the Op is saying is true. Except that the only challenge I have is that the car goes off while driving most at times. Really don't know what the problem is. Any one with similar experience please advice. Thanks

Maybe it's the fuel filter that's not working good . Let a mechanic look into that. I have had this car for 6 years and works perfectly good , never filled the AC before and moves smoothly .
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by hotwax: 9:56am On Feb 09, 2018
I drive honda bulldog. I drove my neighbor's Pencil one day, it felt as if I was driving a military tank. I drove my boss own too..same story. Very heavy and not responsive.

3 Likes

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by dkc(m): 10:24am On Feb 09, 2018
This model of Camry is an awesome Car. I had a serious accident with it some years ago which the car somersaulted, I repaired it and still used it until I sold it a few months ago without any major issue. I was just tired of the Camry, I can't use same car forever. I've used it for nine years since I bought it.

1 Like

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by theimmortals(m): 10:39am On Feb 09, 2018
it's BENZ or NOTHING

1 Like

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by ately1(m): 11:28am On Feb 09, 2018
Buy this car cheap in Cotonou.. 08054606377
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by lesterpullen: 12:49pm On Feb 09, 2018
PurplePatch:

Good second hand value
Solid wheel balance
Fuel efficient

How much be the toks for 1999
Cost effective
Maintenance friendly

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by Sagay212: 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2018
MrBigiman:

U know the truth!, most Toyota shocks and suspensions are nothing to right home about, yet this open secret is most left unsaid by the Toyota supporters.

don't forget your roads are bad. nigerian roads will make you change shocks almost every 2 or 3 months irrespective of the brand of the car.

1 Like

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by dave4rella(m): 3:34pm On Feb 09, 2018
Peterosky:

there is a sucked in the fuse box that is having partial contact,get a good electrician to trace it.
alternatively, replace the fuse box
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by aezenkwu(m): 7:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
PurplePatch:

Good second hand value
Solid wheel balance
Fuel efficient
Cost effective
Maintenance friendly

This is the most reliable car I have ever used. We bought ours in last 7 yrs ago. It's still serving my dad oh. The ac, suspension and all that are still intact. I wonder why most people even prefer all these toyota or is because it's cheaper. Cost of maintenance on toyota we have here are higher than the Benz we have here too. I prefer this Benz groundnut light like mad. It's doesn't stop and fuel economy issa awesome
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by aezenkwu(m): 8:01pm On Feb 09, 2018
[quote author=aezenkwu post=64928453][/quote]
Camry 2. 2 if my friend goes to an occasion he will ask us to park at his front and back and behind so that they won't tif the car... The keys can open anyhow
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by Mrbigman1(m): 9:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
nams77:

Supported. MrBigman1. Between the Camry 2.2 and the c class, which would u pick first in terms of reliability

There only two cars in this world.

Mecerdes and mecerdes
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by auhanson(m): 11:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
This car has one of the worst handling
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by CLASSMAN: 8:05am On Feb 11, 2018
Used it for 7 years, best car I used d only issue is d absorber

1 Like

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by Manufor(m): 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
Used the 1999 for 3years as my first car before I sold it early this year,. To get a corolla soon,. God forbid,. The car was awesome,. Rugged,. Economical,. Low maintenance,. Awesome first car,. Jst strt and zoom off to anywhere,. Of course u cant compare it's drive and steering control to a Mercedes. But for reliability and sync and piece of mind with the kazeems and Emeka,. Camry all the way. The only down part is the security,. The key is useless,ashawo. Can be stolen easily,. I used to park and come out to check where I park,. Did that for 3 years,. Chaiiii,. Now I have piece of mind,. Lolz,. miss my baby thou,.

1 Like

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by ately1(m): 8:25am On Feb 12, 2018
We sell clean cheap cars in Cotonou.. Call 08054606377

1 Like

Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by 1sttruth: 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2018
Can 2001 model still come thru Nigerian ports considering year of manufacture
Re: Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One by ately1(m): 12:44am On Feb 13, 2018
1sttruth:
Can 2001 model still come thru Nigerian ports considering year of manufacture
Not really Sir. But is 100% safe when you buy from Cotonou. Call 08054696377

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars / Ferrucio Lamborghini Who Founded Lamborghini Died On This Day 26 Years Ago / How To Get Doctor's Report For Tinted Glass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.