Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,653 members, 7,878,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:25 AM

How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet (12807 Views)

This Self-cleaning Underwear Can Be Worn For Weeks Without Becoming Smelly (Pix) / How To Get Rid Of Smelly Vaginal Odor And UTI Infection As A Woman / How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet And Causes Of Foot Odor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Enskynelson(m): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2018
Smelly Feet (Bromodosis)
Can you remember that your friend who visited you the last time and when he pulled his shoes, your dog ran mad due to the odour? Or you go visiting your friend and because of a known problem, you can’t pull off your shoes. Smelly foot also known as bromodosis is a very popular and embarrassing problem faced by many people today.

Bromodosis is caused by the breakdown of sweat in the presence of bacteria thereby releasing a highly offensive odour. According to Healthline, fungal infections like athlete’s foot can often lead to bromodosis. But whether caused by sweat acted upon by bacteria or by fungal infections, the good news is that, it can be easily treated.

Bromodosis can be treated through the followings:
Regularly cleaning of the feet: This entails washing the feet with clean water and soap. It may often have to involve thorough scrubbing and the use of sanitizer to clean the feet. Note that the feet should be dried before putting on socks or shoes. Are you the Lode Runner who often has to time to thoroughly dry yourself before jumping into your dress and hurrying into your car? If you really want to get rid of bromodosis, you have to change that habit.

The use of antiperspirant is also an effective way. Rub your normal “roll-on” under your feet as this will reduce sweat.

Overall, work on your cleanliness. Add disinfectant or salt to a bucket of water, dip your legs into it and wash thoroughly. Do not wear same socks more than once and if you are one who have a socks, make sure you wash them daily and dry properly before you wear again.

https://manaija.com/get-rid-smelly-feet/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by xclusiveguy4(m): 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2018
grin just wear socks and change them frequently, rotate your shoe also, nice one Op.

Wow ftc for the first time, I hope there's gift for this sha cool

Meanwhile

15 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Kvngcarter(m): 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2018
And hw does that affect Nigeria's economic situation
Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by dasauce(m): 5:15pm On Feb 03, 2018
Bromodosis kor...in as much as you keep repeating a single shoe for a whole week.. My boda, your foot go eventually smell

6 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Benjom(m): 5:16pm On Feb 03, 2018
Great
Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Yewandequeen(f): 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2018
lipsrsealed

Well I think the no of hours one had the shoe on and how sweaty the feet is constitute to how much smell you will get. And again not sun drying wet shoes properly before wearing them again.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by phlamesG: 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2018
A friend of mine had this smelly feet so when he visited d house he wasn't allowed to off his shoes anywhere near d front door if he forgets(which was catastrophic) grin we' ll transport it for him to d gen house grin

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Tombilly(m): 5:34pm On Feb 03, 2018
Actually a friend visited me yesterday I was not happy owing to this single reason. I've to fetch water for him to bath (codedly) so he won't feel offended
Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Kaybaba5(m): 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2018
Who this one epp
Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by jrusky(m): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2018
xclusiveguy4:
grin just wear sucks and change them frequently, rotate your shoe also, nice one Op.

Wow ftc for the first time, I hope there's gift for this sha cool

Meanwhile

*Socks* not sucks no offense bro.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by xmanco42: 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2018
the way some people feet smell at times even the dead can smell it from their grave..I think........ you reading this

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Beesluv: 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2018
Nice 1 op
Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Changli(m): 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2018
Eliminates odour from your shoes instantly

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by dominique(f): 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2018
Let your feet breathe. If you wear tight socks and shoes for 12- 16 hours a day, your feet will stink.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Ginaz(f): 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
It is so bad, you rather wish someone with body odor comes to your house than one with smelly feet.

You can't breath once the shoe goes off. Instant irritating smell fills the air. It is suffocating and embarrassing even to yourself as you can't tell the person so you have to laugh silly and pray the person leaves your house before you drop dead.

The guy that came to repair my fan... He took off his shoes and some minutes later I was almost moved to tears when he said he was done.

The chair he stood on wasn't lucky, I think it died cos I could still smell the odor after 2hours.

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Ghnaija(m): 6:54pm On Feb 03, 2018
At least one needs to be changing the shoes, if u hve two pairs sef and also socks grin grin
Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Strongbest(m): 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2018
Nice post @Op.

Try these:

1. Get your self some bicarbonate

2. Add some of the Bicarbonate in a warm water and wash your feet with it daily.

3. Sprinkle some of the Bicarbonate inside your shoes once off and before wearing them.

4. Get an extra socks and pour some of the powder into them then tie and insert them into your shoes when ever you pull them off your feets.

Do the above daily and you will come back to thank me later wink

Feel free to learn more here :

www.nairaland.com/1798724/

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by segebobo: 8:45pm On Feb 03, 2018
I understand dry lipton teabags helps to remove odour from smelly shoes

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by seguntijan(m): 7:48am On Feb 04, 2018
You can't be a practising Muslim and have such problem, because after taking your bath in the morning you're still expected to wash your feet 5 times before the end of the day.

Islam offer the most practical solution to all problems.
ALIHAMDULILAH FOR THE GREATEST GIFT OF BEEN A MUSLIM.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Enskynelson(m): 11:13am On Feb 04, 2018
seguntijan:
You can't be a practising Muslim and have such problem, because after taking your bath in the morning you're still expected to wash your feet 5 times before the end of the day.

Islam offer the most practical solution to all problems.
ALIHAMDULILAH FOR THE GREATEST GIFT OF BEEN A MUSLIM.

You can say it can limit the chances of having such issues. As you saw in the article, some infections can cause bromodosis as well.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
H
Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by gboxbaba(m): 9:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
What's up guys, I tried the roll on method and it worked, Nivea roll on to be precise. Although I still put my shoes outside when I come back from work. But No more smelly shoes for me. Just wanted to share the testimony, thank you op. Even wikihow doesn't prescribe the roll on method. It's so common sensical.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by Enskynelson(m): 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2018
gboxbaba:
What's up guys, I tried the roll on method and it worked, Nivea roll on to be precise. Although I still put my shoes outside when I come back from work. But No more smelly shoes for me. Just wanted to share the testimony, thank you op. Even wikihow doesn't prescribe the roll on method. It's so common sensical.
Thank you for sharing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by akshayv: 12:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
I have been looking and trying on and wearing shoes that were “good for heel pain”, well, they were not. Then I found Orthofeet! Simply the most amazing shoes I have ever worn. Heel pain shoe is perfect for my job, they look and feel great. The most comfortable shoe ever. I have been in severe pain with all other shoes.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet by OriflameAks: 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
Use feet up spray to erase smelly foot
Contact to get 08025243862

(1) (Reply)

Have You Had Severe Side Effects From Camoquin (pfizer)? / What Are The Possible Solutions To Watery sperm / Is Banana Fattening?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.