Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,951 members, 7,890,130 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:47 AM

Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches (2210 Views)

**best Solution For Android Phones** Memory Booster - **onguard Cleaner** / Best (vsat) Internet Service Provider In Nigeria / Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by miiday(f): 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2007
Please guys, this is urgent. I would really appreciate if anyone can give me a hand on this assignment:

I need to find out how much it will cost to connect three branches of a small financial institution together using Vsat. You can recommend companies that can handle such, but I would prefer to get pricing as soon as possible on the different bandwidths available.

Don't let your homegirl down. Thanks.
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2007
Hello, i wish i could help but we have just gone thru 4 ISPs (VSAT providers in 16 months) and they are all bloody liars and crooks that deserve to die in the pits of hell (their staff included). I have this odd notion that network engineers and administrators are stupid snobs who think that the world will collapse without them, they act like they are accountable to no one and need no distraction so they can monitor uptime/downtime without solving the issues on ground, (no that i have that off my chest)

1: Cyberspace (good trial period, cheat heavily on bandwidth and lie about support presence)
2: VGC (good trial period, good bandwidth, they cheat on bandwidth too and have too many downtime incidents)
3: Accelon (bloody liars and crooks, good trial, but they cheat on bandwidth and claim that your network is infested with viruses,on shared VSAT)
4: SpaceNet (the worlds bloodiest liars and very poor support presence)
5: 21st Century (claim to do VSAT, but cannot give you dedicated VSAT, how does that sound--- shared VSAT, snooby network engineers who need three days notice to solve a problem that just happened today, the GM is a bloody liar too)

If youare lookign at VSAT, do C-Band
from quotations i have gone thru

1: between N700k to 1.2 million (Establishment cost - purchase of equipment and installation)
2: we went for 256/256 and it costs us N900k per qtr (multiply that by three sites cos we are a financial institution as well and have LG/PH/ABJ)

girl, my advise whichever provider you choose, do not use the ones listed above, because it has cost me promotions, my self-esteem, poor appraisals and a BP of 340 (I almost died last year because of Angina brought on by too much stress)

The SLA is toilet paper because they do not honor it or have a bandwith report to counter your claims
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by aadewale(m): 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2007
Hi,

I work with an Interney service provision company and I can vouch for our service. for more and detailed info, you can send a service request mail to info@swifttalk.net or dabbas@swifttalk.net. Or Call any of the following numbers, 01-8994905, 01-8994909. 01-8994910.

We have been providing VSAT service to both corporate and private users, among our major clients are Aero Contractors, Redeem Church International, TBWA and a host of others.

You can ask for profile and all you want. One thing am sure of is that you will be glad you did.

Cheers
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by pucho(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2007
call me 014008553 i have a solution for you.
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by otokx(m): 4:17pm On Mar 14, 2007
Please try www.sky-vision.net; they are providers for supernet300, reltel, american embassy, etc
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by otokx(m): 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2007
If you send me your email i could send you the pdf file they sent me at once before i go home from the office.
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by aadewale(m): 8:39pm On Mar 14, 2007
HI,

Can you provide your contact details, such as email address, phone number and where you want the service.
All other relevant information that you deem necessary sholud also be provided.

Send reply to dabbas@swifttalk.net or aadewale@swifttalk.net, and info@swifttalk.net.

You can call this number for more info 01 8994909 or 01 8176214

Regards
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by ITGuru3: 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2007
Hello Miidday,

You dont have to bother no more.

VSAT, Wireless Networks and Satellite Communications is my job.

I can give you a standard C-Band VSAT Solution that I can guarrantee you up time upto 99.5%. I do the Installation, I maintain the site if you want me to.

I have installed more than 20 VSATs Sites across the country. I Maintain, Manage and give Free Technical Support to more than 30 VSATs Sites across the country.

All you need to do is contact me on 08025897223
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by sandoka(m): 9:35pm On Mar 15, 2007
I work for an ISP and i know the problems of most of the ISPs in Naija.
First they make a hell of noise when marketing their services to you and if you are not careful you will get trapped with them and you won't be able leave them because of the amount of money you have spent getting a link especially the installation cost which is way too outrageous.

Secondly, they have a very bad support for their clients. You make a complain today and you will wait another one week before they come to your location and recify the problem. In most cases, they never turn up. They will always tell you that the problem is from your own end. How the hell do they expect you to know the problem?

The point here is that there is no where in the world where you will get 100% connectivity. That's why many technologies are deployed for internet connetivity. Starcomms made a lot of noise withtheir EVDO wireless connectivity. But today many of those people that hurriedly ran to them hurriedly ran away from them in no time because they didn't get what they expected. I know a lot of people like that. They came to me and started asking me which is the best ISP in town? I kept telling them that nobody is perfect but recommended some other ISPs as well as my company to them. The areas where we don't serve we give them to those that have service in those areas where they want the internet.

My advice is that you should do a thorough research before deciding on which ISP to go to. One thing with the major players in this industry is that their monthly cost is too high for the bandwidth you are buying. Most if not all of them cheat on their bandwidth. If you subscribe for 128/256kbps, they will give 128/128 or 64/128 or 128/128 because they see you as a novice to this technology. So do your research very well before attempting to get an ISP.

Depending on what infrastructures they have, they tend to put too many subscribers on one link and that's what slows down the connectivity. In this case they differentite between shared and dedicated bandwidths. Dedicated bandwidths costs more because you alone are on that link. But the truth is that in the beginning, say the first few weeks, you will enjoy the service to the fullest. That's because they have you on a dedicated link. Nobody knows what they do in their server rooms. When one network goes down in their exchange or server rooms, what do they do?

If you need my assistance i will be ever ready to asist you. Goodluck.

syakubu@gmail.com
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by miiday(f): 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2007
Thanks a lot Seun, and thanks to everyone else who took time out to post replies, To make it a lot easy, i'll just simplify what we're really looking for. Please send your quotes to olamidet@gmail.com.

The three sites are in the North West Nigeria, 3-5 systems at 2 locations and 7 -10 at the central location. Database server at central location & database clients at the other two locations. Additional e-mail clients at all location. VOIP/ Data Traffic

I hope that's enough information to get quotations.

Thanks , i'll expect them ASAP
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by donmayor(m): 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2007
the best is emperion. www.emperion.net. They are expensive but the best thats why they dont make noise
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by babasin(m): 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2007
@Midday,
Database server at central location & database clients at the other two locations.

I am just curious:

what type of data latecy do you calculate for the database client to central location?

have you considered data replication?

are you considering load-balacing for better data access?

is your database Highly Available(HA) with Disaster Recovery (DR)solution?

are there external client invloved? those not with your bank's LAN/WAN?

Are you using SAN conectivity or basically local filesystem?
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by sholasys: 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2007
I am a network consultant with proven credibility. I provide solution to cooperate institutions. My ISP is base in united state. We offer diferent solution depending on what u wants.
We dont deceive either cheat on bandwith. We offer shared and dedicated links to users.
Shared link is cheap but the dedicated link is cost bc of the technology that involve.
From Your analysis i discover u need a complete network solution of the fllwing:
-Internet Acess and VOIP
- VPN
- Exchange server for your company's local email address.
- Do u have a Domain ? I bet you if u try me u will never rgret it. contact me for morw sholasys@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by restarta: 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2010
interested in vsat bank solution in five countries in africa, with group head office in nigeria.
restarta@yahoo.com
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by patorini(m): 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2010
Call me on 08033198587 and you'll have the solutions you require.
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by cystein(m): 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2010
Hi,

Guess am seeing this late enough but what i think you need is VPN not really VSAT. Let me know your intentions and I will advise accordingly. Also note that the connections quoted as 10MB, 512KB are bits and not bytes so don't imagine superspeed. I have done five banks in 3 countries and not a singleone works on VSAT

cyrill@ke.jokafrica.net
Re: Wanted: Vsat Solution For Bank Branches by vsatnigera: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2010
Hi Friend,

You can contact WebHome Solutions,we have KU and Cband solutions.pls call us let us know what solution will be ok for your project.

www.webhomenigeria.com
sales@webhomenigeria.com
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Diference Between Dual 2 Core And Core Duo? / Hasee Notebook For Sale (branded) 55k 08037205959 / Which Data-plan Is The Best House...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.