Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,404 members, 7,950,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 04:22 AM

Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) (29278 Views)

Femi Adesina: The Dream I Had About Abba Kyari And My Last Contact With Him / Governor Dickson Cries Over His Mother, Goldcoast Dickson's Death. Photos / Habibu Almustapha Assassinated In Sudan By Stabbing To Death (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Odianose13(m): 11:47am On Feb 04, 2018
Subudu:
Here in Peoples' Republic of Biafra, we don't know any Sony Okosun.

Everything no be electronics market. That’s why u don’t know him!

No be Sony!
It’s Sonny Okosun.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by naptu2: 11:49am On Feb 04, 2018
naptu2:
The base guitar! Those insane trumpets! The back up singers! The message!

Sonny Okosun. London. 1982.

(The trumpets go. Tada tana nana na na na na. And the bass guitar imitates them)

Mother,
You are my soul,
Mother teach me to smile,
Because I'm still a child.

Mother,
You are my life,
Mother teach me to live,

Mother,
You are my sight.
Mother lead me to the end,

Mother,
You are my song,
Mother teach me how to sing,

Mother (mother mother mother),
Show me the way
(Show me the way),
I'm afraid to walk in thee dark,

Mother and child.

Mother and child.

La la la la la la.

And the crazy keyboard begins.

La la la la la la la

Mother and child

Mother and child.

What an absolutely pleasant song!
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Subudu(m): 11:51am On Feb 04, 2018
Odianose13:

No be Sony!
It’s Sonny Okosun.
Na you sabi
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 04, 2018
Odianose13:

No be Sony!
It’s Sonny Okosun.

Lol.

Okosun, osaremore( I hope I got that right)...my dad almost killed us with their songs while we were growing up. I suppose there wasn't enough Esan songs at the time. Lol.
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by naptu2: 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2018
Sonny Okosun - Motherless Children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sgfO0cj93k
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Baroba(m): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
Subudu:

Sunny Okosun lived in Enugu at some point, speaks fluent Igbo, he even released popular songs in Igbo..Zigara ha ozi, gwa ha na chi anyi Di mma.. The man is a pan African icon, that deserves respect..

4 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by degamemaster(m): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
Decades after he asked Nigerians "which way Nigeria" , some zombies connived with some demonic criminals and brought out a dullardic ancestor from his retirement bed to become president of Nigeria. Now , he has us 50yrs backwards and Nigerians doesn't even know the way which is to be. Same colossal and national disgraceful disaster may still repeat itself come 2019. NIGERIANS WHICH WAY?

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by omoelerin1: 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
We are the children of this generation, Listen to the voices of this generation, we don't want to fight war no more we won't fight war no more, Nigeria should shed blood no more, we won't fight wars no more, Africa won't fight wars no more, Will you stop all your crazies, Liberia should fight war no more, We won't fight wars no more, No, No, No'
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by XaintJoel20: 1:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
Mogidi:
Watched him perform and it was incredible. LEGEND
The only 2 legendary musicians from Esan land are both from Irrua.
Who is the other one
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by gidjah(m): 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2018
remembered the song "God has an army marching through the land.".....great great song
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Mogidi: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
XaintJoel20:

Who is the other one
If you're from Esan and you check your grandfather or your father's music collection you would find Umuebuarie. Not sure of the correct spelling but when I was growing up I remember my grandfather used to talk about Umuebuare. He would say the man was the best singer in the whole world. (he meant Esan land not the whole world)

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by gaby(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
Mogidi:
Watched him perform and it was incredible.
LEGEND

Wadada my brother and Sunny my maternal uncle wink
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by XaintJoel20: 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
Mogidi:

If you're from Esan and you check your grandfather or your father's music collection you would find Umuebuarie. Not sure of the correct spelling but when I was growing up I remember my grandfather used to talk about Umuebuare. He would say the man was the best singer in the whole world. (he meant Esan land not the whole world)

I am Esan, but I have not heard of this name before.

Anyway, I will ask my dad.

Thanks...
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by gaby(m): 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
Mogidi:
Watched him perform and it was incredible.
LEGEND

Wadada my brother and Sonny my maternal uncle wink
Following up in my uncle's footstep
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by tianshie(m): 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
Where's Stella Monye?
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by madjune(m): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
His song "mother" remains a monster classic.

The post apartheid South African status really spoilt market for him.
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by femi4: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Mogidi: 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2018
gaby:

Wadada my brother and Sonny my maternal uncle wink
Following up in my uncle's footstep

Are you from Irrua or Ewu?
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by brodalikeme(m): 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
When did Femi Adeshina start making this random visit? Hope you are not on a political mission.
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by madjune(m): 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2018
Afonja ppl and noise making.

Must you tell the whole world you went to see your dead friends family?
Later you will complain dem no tell the world how much you give them and call them ingrates.

Meanwhile they thanked you in private o.
But that one no do you because you're chief publicity man for the Republic.
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by eniaro(m): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
MAYBE BUHARI WANT TO APPOINT THE LATE LEGEND.. NA DEAD PEOPLE BUHARI DEY APPOINT AFTER HIS FULANI PEOPLE
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Greatzeus(m): 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
I know the okosun's back then in early 90's. I attended the same primary school with his children. His church is in Ogba,the place I grew up.
I still his brother ( The man on the far left) in his shop at the front of Okosun's house, which also has their Church in the same compound, House of Prayer.
I can't recognize them again if I see his children, unless they introduce themselves,it's been long men.
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Ochukopaul: 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
I'll put Sonny Okosun in the same league with the Legendary Fela. Both of them sang from their hearts about Nigeria.

Which way Nigeria.

RIP 2 The Legends.
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by nku5: 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2018
femi4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvd6nf0lzUo

Africa is now or never....

Sonny Okosun was too much eh!!!
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by dfrost: 4:07am On Jan 26, 2019
naptu2:

Sonny Okosun - Mother And Child.

Thanks naptu2. You just brought tears rolling down. I remember learning the lyrics of this song by raising and dropping the needle head on the vinyl. cry kiss tongue
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by dfrost: 4:10am On Jan 26, 2019
Subudu:

Warn yourself cheesy grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 83rd Birthday As Buhari Congratulates Him / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Fuel Price Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.