Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,497 members, 7,951,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:08 AM

Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa (18544 Views)

Checkout Jackie Appiah's Controversial T-shirt That Got Fans Talking / Queen Nwokoye Wins Best Actress At BON After Clinching ZAFAA Award / Who Is More Pretty, Jackie Appiah Or Nigerian Actress Genevieve Nnaji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2010
@George D

Dont worry,  am cool with it,  I just dont like mud slinging at each other over here but some cant help it,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2010
omar,
you got to be used to it by now. nairaland is full of stuff like this. grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 12:49am On Apr 27, 2010
to omarr22 did you read my comments at all or are you blind i said in nollywood and africa the likes of gene omo rita jim and so many of them are known.while in hollywood the likes of halle angelina brad denzel will smith and so many are also known same for bollywood actors.but in southafrica thier celebrities are not known or even popular at all so tell me how can they be better than nollywood when even thier own country knows nollywood stars more even the whole of africa.regarding putting halle berrry and gene in the same sentence what is wrong in that what,s so special about halle berry the only diffrence with halle and gene is the industry they work for one for nollywood the other for hollywood.sometimes you guys worship this hollywood stars like they are gods it is simply pathetic.if gene was in hollywood and halle in nollywood bet you would be saying oh gene is better yeah right because they are americans ,americans my foot.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 6:08am On Apr 27, 2010
@Dichana

Dumbo, name a nollywood movie that Grossed over $1m
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 9:09am On Apr 27, 2010
to omar22 if the nigerian currency were how it used to be before and all the cinemas in nigeria were not closed down nollywood box office would be huge.and with the fascination africans have with our movies we would surpass hollywood.imajine the whole africans going to the cinemas on opening night for nollywood movies pls i think we would beat them if we haven,t already just cos there,s a lot of piracy going on and no one is counting how much they make .or did,nt you know we are the second largest movie maker in the world pls we have already made it even more sef.hope the lord jesus grant us more life to see it become reality to all when there are more cinemas in africa and nigeria, the only cinema showing nollywood movies is silverbird so yeah.just wondering though what brought this topic dont find it related at all with what we were discussing .and i pray ije the movie gets to be shown in american cinemas that,s a long shot but if it does then it will surpass ur 1million dollars sef.long live nollywood.screw american trash.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 9:46am On Apr 27, 2010
Am not on the Hollywood issue here, we are still on the South African movie industry that has movies that grosses half a million dollars in the first month. All am saying is that Nollywood could churn out movies in extreme quantity but the SA industry movies are better in quality (from Acting to editing to sound to storyline to directing), piracy is everywhere .Ok Genevieve who is 30 years has been in 80 movies compare that to Angela Bassett who is 52 years has been in 36 movies, now pound for pound you cant compare… I don’t expect you but theirs a point in your career when you would take the step up, if you read the life story Idrissa Akuna Elba, he ditched his limited thinking, ditching low budget movies to seek his career in Hollywood and now he is rolling with the big boys… its about taken chances. The IJE movie could be a hit, it could also make or break Nollywood in the international market… if the acting were poor it would reflect on the whole industry.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by stede(m): 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2010
what is the criteria for emerging as the best artist, nollywood gurls are really doing a great job
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 11:12pm On Apr 27, 2010
to omar22 if the acting in ije is the main reason the movie can be shown in american cinemas then forget that 1million dollars crap start thinking further because i believe they cast the best from africa and the movie has been getting a lot of buzzz and awards so the acting dey kampe no shaking ,100 percent confident .concerning gene vs angela basset plsssss our own 1million naira is just the same as there one million dollars the only diffrence is the currency.and concerning southafrican actors i dont flow with them actors actress their acting it does nothing to me maybe am biased but that,s just me.concerning ije am not joking though they are winning a lot of awards go to their website www.ijethemovie.com maybe you have seen it dont know,just backing up my statements.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Ruq: 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2010
omar22:

@Omar22

Dumbo,  name a nollywood movie that Grossed over $1m

ABIOO EVEN THE BEST MOVIE IN NIGERIA CAN'T CLAIM A GROSS REVENUE OF $200,000 NOT TO TALK OF $1M I WONDER THE SUCCESS THEY CLAIM TO HAVE EVEN WITH "FIGURINE" AND THAT STEPNIE OKEREKE'S MOVIE.THEY HAVEN'T REACHED $100,000 GROSS . SO I THINK THEY GIVE OUT THE MOVIES FOR FREE CUZ NO ONE WILL BUY!

THE SOUTH AFRICAN MOVIE "DISTRICT 9" HAS A GROSS REVENUE OF $204,838,037 AND $30 million WAS SPENT ON IT.

I DON'T THINK ANY NIGERIAN FILM HAS SPENT UP TO $30 million ON A FILM AND YET THEY CLAIM TO BE THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY!

WE GAT A LONG WAY TO GO I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE THE CHANGE BUT I ALREADY CHOSE MUSIC.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2010
to omar22 if the acting in ije is the main reason the movie can be shown in american cinemas then forget that 1million dollars crap start thinking further because i believe they cast the best from africa and the movie has been getting a lot of buzzz and awards so the acting dey kampe no shaking ,100 percent confident .concerning gene vs angela basset plsssss our own 1million naira is just the same as there one million dollars the only diffrence is the currency.and concerning southafrican actors i dont flow with them actors actress their acting it does nothing to me maybe am biased but that,s just me.concerning ije am not joking though they are winning a lot of awards go to their website www.ijethemovie.com maybe you have seen it dont know,just backing up my statements.

Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Ruq: 12:03am On Apr 28, 2010
tha first African to win an Oscar is South African though She's white.

I DON'T KNOW SUMTIMES WHEN SOUTH AFRICANS CLAIM TO HAVE DONE SUMTHING AND I FIND OUT ITS THE WHITE I SAY ITS NOT SOUTH AFRICA CUZ WE ALL KNOW WHERE SOUTH AFRICANS WOULD BE IF NOT FOR THE WHITES WHO CLAIM TO BE AFRICANS!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 5:32am On Apr 28, 2010
tha first African to win an Oscar is South African though She's white.

I DON'T KNOW SUMTIMES WHEN SOUTH AFRICANS CLAIM TO HAVE DONE SUMTHING AND I FIND OUT ITS THE WHITE I SAY ITS NOT SOUTH AFRICA CUZ WE ALL KNOW WHERE SOUTH AFRICANS WOULD BE IF NOT FOR THE WHITES WHO CLAIM TO BE AFRICANS!

They are Afrikaans and Charlize couldnt change what descendant did but hey they are keeping SA going, look at what happened when Idi Amin kick out all the white and asian who were helping there economy grow out of Uganda, Well poverty sounds generous in my mind,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 7:36am On Apr 28, 2010
to omar22 if you like dooze off from morning till night or even defend them southafricans are still trash no one see their movies as africans.ruled by whites and live like whites.me i don talk finish.and i only see blacks as africans and whites as europeans.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 8:37am On Apr 28, 2010
to omar22 if you like dooze off from morning till night or even defend them southafricans are still trash no one see their movies as africans.ruled by whites and live like whites.me i don talk finish.and i only see blacks as africans and whites as europeans.

What a pitty, “The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste.”

Are the schools still on holiday?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 10:38am On Apr 28, 2010
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2010
to omar22 wow really you had to stoop so low with words like are the schools still on holiday.do us all a favour and shut up see defeat and acccept it or we go continue this drama till one of us grow old.yawa go soon gas.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2010
Dichana you sound like someone who grew up on cow milk,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by UyaiMma: 8:35am On Apr 29, 2010
omg shocked Jackieeee, congratulations on you winning but you are not the best sowwie to say. I mean i can practically predict all the facial expression in all your movies and THEY HAVE NEVER CHANGED!!! But congrats though undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 4:49pm On Apr 29, 2010
to omar22 grow up fool you are quite annoying ,you dirty little gay who got ducked by a gorrila.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2010
to omar22 grow up fool you are quite annoying ,you dirty little gay who got ducked by a gorrila.

You just confirmed my theory! you did grow up on Cow milk!!!

What a shame!!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Koolstan(m): 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2010
omar22:

You just confirmed my theory! you did grow up on Cow milk!!!

What a shame!!
You mean you propanded "cow milk theory"? grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 9:04am On Apr 30, 2010
has it gotten up to this?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by osaxx: 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2010
she is the best amongst ghanian imported actress to nigeria, not the best in nigeria, for wat//////,.i even prefer th\t nelson yvonne to her , this ghanians are still learning from naija, they av not gotten there,,,she got the award all in the name of quota system, no b only naija dey africa, that is why she was compensated, love her though
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by lovistic: 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2010
All you haters should go to hell and leave sweet Jackie alone.I read this' AMAA awards' thing first on nigeriamovies.net that Jackie Appiah- Best actress and Ramsey Nouah- Best actor in Africa. Okay wasn't nigeriamovies.net a site in Nigeria where these awards were given, would you say  that Jackie visited the owners and told them she won too, which was why they said what i wrote earlier? Why are u grinning with bitterness cos a Nigerian actress did not win. Were those so called actresses you wished won dead at the time of the awards? They would have won if they were better as speculated.Because  they are not, they did not win. The best won and it wasn't a Ghanaian who picked her as the winner. This wasn't the first time she won meaning she is a real competitor.I tell you what, if Jackie and Gene all started acting the same day and had equal opportunities, Gene wouldn't be as popular as she is. No one would even look her twice. I for one preferred Jackie's movies a thousand times over those Nollywood craps. Apart from Nigerians, which other nationals even remembers Nollywood, let alone think of it. You only sit there and say Gene this Gene that , Nollywood this Nollywood that but whenever awards are given, they don't fall much to Nollywood and its products(actors and actresses).
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by lovistic: 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2010
Compensated the same way Nollywood acts were compensated cos Nigeria too is in Africa? If they are really learning from Nollywood as you poured it, then all the awards should have gone to naija acts. Don't u think so?If a student wins an award over a teacher, then it absolutely means the student is better or more intelligent than the teacher which therefore implies that the work of the teacher is meaningless or useless in short. What then is the usefulness of Nollywood?
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 11:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
omar22 shut up it really is funny you cant accept defeat in ur face you just keep going on and on shame on to you omar hahahaha momma,s boy.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 2:29am On May 01, 2010
Whatever Dichana,
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dichana: 4:56am On May 01, 2010
omar 22 hahaha no shaking you still dey there still dey yan gas
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 7:29am On May 01, 2010
In life you choose the battles you fight,  sorry grin grin grin!!!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 3:14pm On May 01, 2010
let's try not to hate, pls!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by oneluvb55(f): 3:57pm On May 01, 2010
she's good but definitely not the best
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by GeorgeD1(m): 1:31pm On May 03, 2010
oneluvb55,
sometimes, the best does not always win. it's a sad fact of life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MC Tagwaye To Thrill Abuja Residents With 'Throne Of Laffta' / Chika Ike Dazzles In New Photoshoot! / Ifeanyi: Eniola Badmus Revealed As The Person Who Called Davido Nanny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.