Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,727 members, 7,918,240 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 06:29 AM

Over Heating Infinity QX4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Over Heating Infinity QX4 (1224 Views)

Audi A4 Quattro 2001 With Over Heating Problem. / PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem / Over Heating Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over Heating Infinity QX4 by Barbara007(f): 1:12pm On Feb 04, 2018
Good day sirs, please I am experiencing a problem with my infinity QX4, if the Ac is on while it is in a position not moving it won't over heat, but when I start moving on high speed the temperature will rise immediately, pls what should I do? Thanks
Re: Over Heating Infinity QX4 by nurey(m): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2018
Go to a technician and ask for a qualified rewire, let him check if your fan is working. Also let them check your thermostat if it is still functioning and hope you aren't using water in your radiator.
Re: Over Heating Infinity QX4 by Barbara007(f): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
nurey:
Go to a technician and ask for a qualified rewire, let him check if your fan is working. Also let them check your thermostat if it is still functioning and hope you aren't using water in your radiator.

I'm using water sir. Is it wrong to use water for the radiator sir?
Re: Over Heating Infinity QX4 by nurey(m): 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
Barbara007:

I'm using water sir. Is it wrong to use water for the radiator sir?

The optimum working temperature of a car engine is around 94 to 98 degree centigrade. Distilled water boils and evaporates at 100 degrees centigrade.

When impurities mix with water, it lowers the boiling point, I am sure you aren't using pure distilled water in your radiator and you top up the radiator weekly, you are destroying your gasket small small.

Also water causes corrosion in the cooling system so expect leaks here and there due to rubber hose degradation.

Let a qualified technician check your cooling system, if your engine is the VQ35DE and it over heat seriously once, be prepared to cough out 250k for engine replacement.

Aluminium engines and overheating are enemies
Re: Over Heating Infinity QX4 by Barbara007(f): 11:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
nurey:

The optimum working temperature of a car engine is around 94 to 98 degree centigrade. Distilled water boils and evaporates at 100 degrees centigrade.

When impurities mix with water, it lowers the boiling point, I am sure you aren't using pure distilled water in your radiator and you top up the radiator weekly, you are destroying your gasket small small.

Also water causes corrosion in the cooling system so expect leaks here and there due to rubber hose degradation.

Let a qualified technician check your cooling system, if your engine is the VQ35DE and it over heat seriously once, be prepared to cough out 250k for engine replacement.

Nah its not that serious yet, it only rises when I move on speed but if on slow ride it is normal, I checked online too and I have strong feelings its the thermostat.
I really appreciate sir.
Re: Over Heating Infinity QX4 by autologic: 1:11am On Feb 05, 2018
Barbara007:

Nah its not that serious yet, it only rises when I move on speed but if on slow ride it is normal, I checked online too and I have strong feelings its the thermostat.
I really appreciate sir.
If your water pump is confirmed to be OK ,go for compression test to confirm if your top gasket is still intact .
Combustion gas leakage into the radiator will raise your coolant temperature indiscriminately with increase in engine speed.
Re: Over Heating Infinity QX4 by CLASSMAN: 8:04am On Feb 05, 2018
I experienced such with my Camry then, my little advice check the radiator cap, try accelerate the car if it's stationary and c if it's leaking from the top
Re: Over Heating Infinity QX4 by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2018
autologic:

If your water pump is confirmed to be OK ,go for compression test to confirm if your top gasket is still intact .
Combustion gas leakage into the radiator will raise your coolant temperature indiscriminately with increase in engine speed.

I concur
Re: Over Heating Infinity QX4 by oluwaseunla(m): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2018
Barbara007:
Good day sirs, please I am experiencing a problem with my infinity QX4, if the Ac is on while it is in a position not moving it won't over heat, but when I start moving on high speed the temperature will rise immediately, pls what should I do? Thanks

Your cooling system is not dissipating heat fast enough with increased load. Start by checking your radiator and condenser.

Sadly, you are using water in your cooling system, you may have a lot of rust in there, and that may play a role too.

Check that all vents are not blocked too. I have seen your kind of case occur due to a number plate blocking a vent.
Re: Over Heating Infinity QX4 by Barbara007(f): 6:41pm On Feb 06, 2018
Thanks so much everyone, I will do all the above tests and give result.
Re: Over Heating Infinity QX4 by boldx(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2018
nurey:

This theory ain't correct.

Re: Over Heating Infinity QX4 by nurey(m): 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2018
boldx:

This theory ain't correct.

Yup seems things have changed, Ababio says other wise grin thanks for the correction

(1) (Reply)

Autologic: My Car Journey / Man Seen With Chopper Plane Like Tricycle Driving In Benue / The Autos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.