Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,847 members, 7,966,152 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 10:03 AM

You Could Have Been An American, After All Some Are Members Of The First Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Could Have Been An American, After All Some Are Members Of The First Family (322 Views)

WHO Officials Are Members Of Presidential Task Force On Covid 19. / Meet The Incoming Bayelsa Governor, David Lyon First Family (Photo) / Meet Oyo State's New First Family Seyi Makinde And His Family At Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Could Have Been An American, After All Some Are Members Of The First Family by SharpmindsAC: 7:07am On Feb 05, 2018
ALL FOR A PURPOSE
By: Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa

There are pressing questions that must be answered. Yes, lingering questions like why people with so great potentials as many Nigerians were not fortunate enough to have landed (at birth) in 'better' countries where they could have thrived more, and perhaps, be appreciated/celebrated by virtue of great intellectual endowment embedded in them.

How raw talents with virtually no formal training operate complex machines, even 'more' than the white manufacturers. I have seen young Nigerians maximize gadgets beyond the initial intentions of their manufacturers and wondered how flourishing they would have been if they were to be Americans or perhaps Europeans. And as a matter of fact, some that I know would have made Guinness Book of Record.

I myself wonder at how I manage to play the piano (a musical instrument I never had any formal/informal training on) with so much fluidity and ease to the point many cherish my style (of play) that they desire I teach them how to 'play like me'. Little do they know I never had any tutor nor training!

I have wondered how, many like myself with exceptional skills would have faired in more friendly societies where talents are scouted/sought-after and not trampled to the ground; and in like manner, where talents and gifts are enough for anyone to become made in life. Trust me, most struggling and barely surviving rather than living in Nigeria would have been world renowned stars by now.

Many, in their quest to finding answers to these lingering questions have opted for the 'operation run for your life' and/or 'escape Nigeria' option by migrating abroad for greener pastures through all means possible even if they were not legit. The more the risk, the more they seem willing to attempt leaving this 'God-damned' country called Nigeria. Recent (slave trade) discoveries in Lybia is an excruciating occurrence one would not have ever imagined possible; greener pastures turning kidnappers dungeons.

Should they be blamed? Absolutely no. Sure, it is not a bad idea to dream and at the same time, locate one's dreamland, especially when all efforts to thrive become futile due to too many limiting factors militating against breaking even in your home country; actions and inactions of a microscopic few in government being the major cause of the dilemma, and, without any hope of the situations getting better in view. Ours is a country where 'traveling out' is a major testimony, even if it is to Garbon.

Definitely, something is wrong somewhere, but believe me, the Master of the universe never makes mistakes. He could have made many of us Americans should that be His will. After all, He made some to be first class citizens in the world's most thriving countries. No doubt, He must have a purpose for making us who we are, where we are and how we are.

Ruminating over all these, I couldn't help but submit that, there is no other purpose for which we are here at this point in time than to use our various potentials to salvage this country. Let he who is talented musically write songs that will cause the CHANGE we so much need. Let us all resolve to use our talents to rewrite our stories.

Let us with our great talents and exceptional skills frustrate poverty out of our land. Enough of having greedy individuals who have no values for us ruling over us, it is time we channel our efforts toward building the Nigeria of our dream because we will never THRIVE under those who are too outdated to embrace technology and, too rigid to be flexible!

We are here for a purpose - to salvage Nigeria from scavengers with all potentials embedded in us, individually and collectively. We are destined for greatness!

Yours in Revolution,
Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa
Youth Advocate and Social Reformer

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti, Osun Guber Election Outcomes Will Shock PDP, APC – Accord Party / Brutal Killing By Herdsmen Will Not Be Tolerated: Buhari / For National Assembly, A Youthful Legacy Beckons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.