Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,101 members, 7,890,628 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:14 PM

The Left Arm, What's The Taboo? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Left Arm, What's The Taboo? (763 Views)

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die / Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Left Arm, What's The Taboo? by deluxecad(m): 10:11am On Apr 19, 2010
Have you ever travelled to your hometown and had your grandparents scold you or give you a spank for giving or receiving something to/from them with your left hand? People I know that are left-handed are specially gifted and I don't personally deem it disrespectful when they hand me stuffs with their left hands. , the lefties in football and other sports are quite good. Is it disrespectful to give or receive something with your left arm? Does it matter what hand someone uses to do deals with people? Is that considered also in formal settings? Does your culture consider it a taboo?
Re: The Left Arm, What's The Taboo? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
There are plenty of topics on this subject already.
Re: The Left Arm, What's The Taboo? by dandollar1: 3:27pm On Apr 19, 2010
You don't have to go to your home town.you see it even among people that are supposed to be enlightened,and sometimes it baffles me.

(1) (Reply)

BECOME LANDLORD WITH N350,000 (XMAS PROMO N250,000 ENDING 19TH DEC) 07068198049 / White Children Now The Minority In 10 American States And Several Metros. / Whats Your View On Demonic Toys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.