Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,079 members, 7,899,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 09:11 PM

The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) (38217 Views)

Northern Green Anaconda: World Biggest Snake Discovered In The Amazon Rainforest / Microsoft Offers $100,000 For Azure Sphere OS Hack / Why The Earth Is Not Spinning, Or A Sphere. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Olalekank(m): 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2018
Gentle034:

I am watching in 3d, hope you won't fall my hand.
Definitely not. I'm working towards it in every way I can and not like some baseless/selfish youths who thinks yahoo is the way forward. Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by LordAdam16: 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chrysaetos:

I didn't even know this about the man before I said what I said.

Glad we agree on something.

Cc ubgg
Cc nonnyflex

Rainmania:
Yeah I know you are right was just teasing . For a man worth over $100 billion, he is known to be unusually stingy. He is the only one among the the world top five billionaires that hasn't signed Warren Buffet's giving pledge and his charitable contributions is paled next to Bill Gates.

Even his staffs gets a taste of his uncharitable nature, low level staffs in Amazon work under the worst condition for a big IT firm.

It definitely adds to the beauty of Seattle and all but does absolutely nothing for mankind. I agree with you.

Everyone cannot be huge givers. The giving pledge is great, and I applaud it, but I would not judge billionaires by how much they give. People like Bezos and Jobs aren't overly charitable, but they're some of the brightest, most innovative minds of our generation.

Amazon changed the state of B2C commerce in the developed world. And they're taking their disruptive approach to everything from groceries to the cloud to the smart speaker market.

Amazon has over 591,000 people on their payroll as at October 2017. They employed 159,500 people within six months in 2017.

The people who'd operate out of that $1b building are those who'd keep AMZ upward trajectory steady, thereby supporting the livelihood of half a million people directly, and millions more indirectly. And let's not talk about the productivity and efficiency that Amazon's business model has helped championed. That is a benefit to humanity, even if it's indirect and doesn't throw up the same emotion as someone volunteering to tend to the sick, poor in Mozambique. Creating a business that improves lives also benefits humanity.

I'm not saying Bezos is a monk and Amazon is an Elysian organization. But criticize constructively and do not expect everyone to follow the same code of conduct. Bezos started AMZ as an online book store during the wave of the dotcom boom. He's seen through the dot com crash and unlike most IT contemporaries he reinvested every penny made for the first 15 years of his business.

You don't bootstrap a book store to becoming the de facto online superstore in a tad over a decade by being the most generous kid on the block. You expect a company that was giving shareholders nothing for years and actually losing money to treat their workers better than the workers of companies that were having positive cash flow by fleecing and overcharging customers, right?

The world needs people like Bezos the same way we need people like Gates. Let's stop comparing them and appreciate what they've accomplished and would continue doing. Bezos recently sold $1.3b of his AMZ stock to bootstrap his rocket company that aims to reduce the cost of space travel by up to 50%. Tomorrow, when Blue Origin becomes one of the top 3 biggest private space companies in the world, your kind would start calling him stingy because he did not choose to sell that $1.3b to donate to a charitable cause.

Make your millions and pledge to donate the majority of your money away. After all, we all came to this world with nothing and would leave with nothing.

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by nacaz4real(m): 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
This sphere will noy be complete without Cannabis Sativa
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Gerrard59(m): 7:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
LordAdam16:

Everyone cannot be huge givers. The giving pledge is great, and I applaud it, but I would not judge billionaires by how much they give. People like Bezos and Jobs aren't overly charitable, but they're some of the brightest, most innovative minds of our generation.

Amazon changed the state of B2C commerce in the developed world. And they're taking their disruptive approach to everything from groceries to the cloud to the smart speaker market.

Amazon has over 591,000 people on their payroll as at October 2017. They employed 159,500 people within six months in 2017.

The people who'd operate out of that $1b building are those who'd keep AMZ upward trajectory steady, thereby supporting the livelihood of half a million people directly, and millions more indirectly. And let's not talk about the productivity and efficiency that Amazon's business model has helped championed. That is a benefit to humanity, even if it's indirect and doesn't throw up the same emotion as someone volunteering to tend to the sick, poor in Mozambique. Creating a business that improves lives also benefits humanity.

I'm not saying Bezos is a monk and Amazon is an Elysian organization. But criticize constructively and do not expect everyone to follow the same code of conduct. Bezos started AMZ as an online book store during the wave of the dotcom boom. He's seen through the dot com crash and unlike most IT contemporaries he reinvested every penny made for the first 15 years of his business.

You don't bootstrap a book store to becoming the de facto online superstore in a tad over a decade by being the most generous kid on the block. You expect a company that was giving shareholders nothing for years and actually losing money to treat their workers better than the workers of companies that were having positive cash flow by fleecing and overcharging customers, right?

The world needs people like Bezos the same way we need people like Gates. Let's stop comparing them and appreciate what they've accomplished and would continue doing. Bezos recently sold $1.3b of his AMZ stock to bootstrap his rocket company that aims to reduce the cost of space travel by up to 50%. Tomorrow, when Blue Origin becomes one of the top 3 biggest private space companies in the world, your kind would start calling him stingy because he did not choose to sell that $1.3b to donate to a charitable cause.

Make your millions and pledge to donate the majority of your money away. After all, we all came to this world with nothing and would leave with nothing.

-Lord

As usual, respect!
Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by Themandator: 9:19pm On Feb 09, 2018
Vince77:
If money is really the root of all evil then i love all evil.

Never was it said by anyone that money is the root of all or any evil.... It is the love of money that is the root of evil not money.

Money has no personality of it own. It assumes the nature of the person possessing it

1 Like

Re: The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) by patrickmuf(m): 9:26pm On Feb 09, 2018
Beautiful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Women In Technology / Kelvin Doe, Sierra Leonean Who Built His Own Radio Station At The Age Of 13 / Uniben Student Builds Touchless Phone From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.