Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,498 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:21 PM

Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding (41964 Views)

Oshiomhole At John Oyegun's Daughter's Wedding (pics) / Femi Fani-kayode’s Ex-wife Steps Out With Husband At Daughter’s Wedding (pic) / Fani-kayode Distances Self From Daughter’s Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 9:53pm On Apr 20, 2010
som pple are just made up of nonsense.i cant even understand hw som pple tink.wat is ur problem about dis man money or if u ar d one wat wi u do 4 someone u lov.wat concern u wit wat he use his moni 4.or is it government moni.wat else do u want frm him.he employ many nigerians in his companies.glo is one of d company dat giv a large amth 2 deir workers.schlship.glo users get promo.bonus account.if u ar angry wit d way he spend his moni.luk 4 urs
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by saviola77(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2010
bidemi12:

typical Nigerian poor man mentality/comments. why do you think he has been amassing so much wealth. is it to save up and give it all to you? much as i do not like the frivolous use of wealth, it is his to use as he sees fit. The only gripe from me would have been if he had stolen the funds in the first place, like so many of our politicians do, and spend it the way he did. Come to think of it, all of you complaining would do worse if given the opportunity. Na because una never get access na im make una de talk. A beg leave am joo. Na im way.

AYODEJI4LOVE:

som pple are just made up of nonsense.i cant even understand hw som pple tink.wat is your problem about dis man money or if u ar d one wat wi u do 4 someone u lov.wat concern u wit wat he use his moni 4.or is it government moni.wat else do u want frm him.he employ many nigerians in his companies.glo is one of d company dat giv a large amth 2 deir workers.schlship.glo users get promo.bonus account.if u ar angry wit d way he spend his moni.luk 4 urs

abeg tell them o, 
saemoenl:

HE'S PROBABLY ONE OF THOSE RICH BILLIONAIRS THAT IS ORDERING UP INNOCENT CHILDREN
BODY PARTS IN AFRICA.THIS IS A DAILY PRACTICE FOR THE VERY RICH IN AFRICA THEY
HAVE INNOCENT CHILDREN BEHEADED & THERE YOUNG BODY PARTS DELIVERED TO THEM SO THEY
CAN PERFORM A RITUAL & BURY THE BODY PARTS FOR GOOD LUCK SUCH A SHAME.THE USA IS
CONSTANTLY FUNDING PROGRAMS TO FEED THE CHILDREN IN AFRICA & THIS MAN IS THROWING
AWAY MONEY FOR A 1-2HR CEREMONY JUST 4 A SHOW. IF BEY WERE SMART SHE WOULD DONATE
THE 2MIL TO THE NEEDY 2 EMBARRASE HIS AZZ! THE NERVE WHEN HE HAVE HIS OWN PPL
STARVING IN BACK YARD! SMDH
what a shame,  go get a life!! If you are so pained, then go make your own money and give it all away angry angry
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by gbengaijot(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2010
bidemi12:

typical Nigerian poor man mentality/comments. why do you think he has been amassing so much wealth. is it to save up and give it all to you? much as i do not like the frivolous use of wealth, it is his to use as he sees fit. The only gripe from me would have been if he had stolen the funds in the first place, like so many of our politicians do, and spend it the way he did. Come to think of it, all of you complaining would do worse if given the opportunity. Na because una never get access na im make una de talk. A beg leave am joo. Na im way.

@ Bidemi12. thank you for your post. I normally don't post on Nairaland due to the abusive nature of some individuals, but i have decied to comment on this.

For some reason, this thread displays how the rich and the poor thinks. When an individual spends 1 million dollars on something, an average poor man whose total asset is only worth 1 Million naira will think he is wicked.

Have you guys thought about how your tailor marvel at your small car? How your shoe maker think you are wicked for spending money on fast food restaurants? How your house cook thinks you are wasteful for spending loads of cash on uncessary cuisines? How your staff at work/surbodinates  consider you to be financially reckless for changing your car every year. It might seem like a "no big deal" to you, its same way you see your small financial success as a no big deal is the same way that Adenuga sees spending 2 million dollars for music on his daughters wedding as a no big deal.

Does anybody know the calibre of individuals attending the wedding, lol. Its not the common man on the street. Its the high and mighty of Nigeria and abroad. Most people don't think the way rich people think, thats why they are poor. The $2m is an investment. Lets think about it, if Mr A of James Investment is attending, and sees beyonce perform at Mike Adenuga's wedding, and the few months after, Adenuga's proposal for a business deal lands on Mr A's desk, do you think he'll not award the contract to Mr Mike, he will. The Beyonce connection would have warmed his heart. I know you might see this as a crude understanding of the financial gains, but its true. Does anybody wonder why most rich men join clubs?, has anyone asked, what do they do at clubs??, its the way rich people think. Poor people don't think that way, that's why they are poor.

<sarcasm>You all don't expect him to invite "gbogbo elere" to his party do you? Neither do you guys expect him to invite a one man band who sequences beat using a casio keyboard, </sarcasm>

How many of you, will have a daughter who wants to get married, and you'll not spend as much as you can to make it eventful, i know so many individuals who will spend 3-5 million naira on their daughters wedding ranting on this forum, wont the common man on the street who does not have access to 3 square meals a day think you are financially reckless for spending that much?, Wont you think its better for you to spend that 3-5 Million naira by donating it to the poor as well?, Do you seee the relativity?

I am not defending Adenuga, Not in anyway, however, think of it, apart from Dangote, he is another single largest employer of Labour in this country. I am sure eveyrone here has a family or friend or extended friend working at Glo. This same Adenuga broke the monopoly of MTN and EConet on call Tarrifs in Nigeria.

For those of you ranting that the UK has a better tarrif plan than Nigeria, does anyone realise that Glo and other network spends 40% of their overall cost on fueling generators, so also does every other business in Nigeria. If you want tarrif to go down, don't be jealous of Adenuga, protest against Nigeria's yey government to deliver on power, and see if the price of calls and other power related products will not go down.

Lastly, i think those ranting here are simply jealous. If you want to build your wealth to give to distribute to the poor, then work hard and smart, to get there. Stop complaining about a man who worked hard to be where he wants to be. Even if he did by greasing the palms of some people, at least he stood up to do something. Stop complaining, and go and do yours,

WHen you now work hard to earn 300 million dollars, then divide it by 150 Million and start distributing it to every Nigerians, wish you best of luck!

I know some people will still rant after my post. Do not abuse, put up constructive critiscm, thank you

1 Like

Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by eros(m): 10:03pm On Apr 20, 2010
Naija and beef, na wa ooooo
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by WhyAWhy(m): 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2010
@ gbengaijot : You're TOO RIGHT, I never "thought it this way".
LESSONS Learnt (while jotting)
1. Sometimes you need some money(relative) to make more money - The club connection
2. Our thinking sometimes is confined to the size of our pockets.
3. Dont complain, go start something too, GLO has made a difference either way you c it.
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 20, 2010
Ikengawo:

why do you have 12 thousand posts on an internet forum?
grin cheesy grin Because my internet works. duh! grin
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by youngmonie: 11:00pm On Apr 20, 2010
na lie joooo!!!!!, cnt ppl use der headd, its a blog websyteee.duuhhhh undecided
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by ochukoeja(f): 11:09pm On Apr 20, 2010
Well he should sell tickets too
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by mrkoma2012: 11:14pm On Apr 20, 2010
First and finally who cares.There's not a single soul that wont spend money on whatever they feel like.The reasoning however is 4 debate
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by lizzybabe1(f): 11:18pm On Apr 20, 2010
gbengaijot:

@ Bidemi12. thank you for your post. I normally don't post on Nairaland due to the abusive nature of some individuals, but i have decied to comment on this.

For some reason, this thread displays how the rich and the poor thinks. When an individual spends 1 million dollars on something, an average poor man whose total asset is only worth 1 Million naira will think he is wicked.

Have you guys thought about how your tailor marvel at your small car? How your shoe maker think you are wicked for spending money on fast food restaurants? How your house cook thinks you are wasteful for spending loads of cash on uncessary cuisines? How your staff at work/surbodinates  consider you to be financially reckless for changing your car every year. It might seem like a "no big deal" to you, its same way you see your small financial success as a no big deal is the same way that Adenuga sees spending 2 million dollars for music on his daughters wedding as a no big deal.

Does anybody know the calibre of individuals attending the wedding, lol. Its not the common man on the street. Its the high and mighty of Nigeria and abroad. Most people don't think the way rich people think, thats why they are poor. The $2m is an investment. Lets think about it, if Mr A of James Investment is attending, and sees beyonce perform at Mike Adenuga's wedding, and the few months after, Adenuga's proposal for a business deal lands on Mr A's desk, do you think he'll not award the contract to Mr Mike, he will. The Beyonce connection would have warmed his heart. I know you might see this as a crude understanding of the financial gains, but its true. Does anybody wonder why most rich men join clubs?, has anyone asked, what do they do at clubs??, its the way rich people think. Poor people don't think that way, that's why they are poor.

<sarcasm>You all don't expect him to invite "gbogbo elere" to his party do you? Neither do you guys expect him to invite a one man band who sequences beat using a casio keyboard, </sarcasm>

How many of you, will have a daughter who wants to get married, and you'll not spend as much as you can to make it eventful, i know so many individuals who will spend 3-5 million naira on their daughters wedding ranting on this forum, wont the common man on the street who does not have access to 3 square meals a day think you are financially reckless for spending that much?, Wont you think its better for you to spend that 3-5 Million naira by donating it to the poor as well?, Do you seee the relativity?

I am not defending Adenuga, Not in anyway, however, think of it, apart from Dangote, he is another single largest employer of Labour in this country. I am sure eveyrone here has a family or friend or extended friend working at Glo. This same Adenuga broke the monopoly of MTN and EConet on call Tarrifs in Nigeria.

For those of you ranting that the UK has a better tarrif plan than Nigeria, does anyone realise that Glo and other network spends 40% of their overall cost on fueling generators, so also does every other business in Nigeria. If you want tarrif to go down, don't be jealous of Adenuga, protest against Nigeria's yey government to deliver on power, and see if the price of calls and other power related products will not go down.

Lastly, i think those ranting here are simply jealous. If you want to build your wealth to give to distribute to the poor, then work hard and smart, to get there. Stop complaining about a man who worked hard to be where he wants to be. Even if he did by greasing the palms of some people, at least he stood up to do something. Stop complaining, and go and do yours,

WHen you now work hard to earn 300 million dollars, then divide it by 150 Million and start distributing it to every Nigerians, wish you best of luck!

I know some people will still rant after my post. Do not abuse, put up constructive critiscm, thank you

Best post so far. Whichever way we look at it, Gbengaijot has silenced all the foul-mouthed critics.

@FL_GATORS, Wild guess: could it be because you live on Nairaland? LOL
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 20, 2010
lizzybabe1:

Best post so far. Whichever way we look at it, Gbengaijot has silenced all the foul-mouthed critics.

@FL_GATORS, Wild guess: could it be because you live on Nairaland? LOL
Of course, have you forgotten that we're neighbors? LOL! tongue

@Post
Waste of money. . . . shoulda invited Drake. Shior
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by sjeezy8: 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2010
excuse me adenuga isnt a billionaire anymore . . . hes just a few million short of a billion.
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by soloqy: 11:37pm On Apr 20, 2010
Am having a blast reading the comments on this topic. Some very hilarious and witty,some others sober and reflective.

smiley smiley . Loving it
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by henry101(m): 11:56pm On Apr 20, 2010
U guyz should atleast expect IBB and OBAIGBENA to be there!!!!!!!!! and THISDAY newspaper will make the ceremony as its HEADLINE with blaring and glaring bold letters.
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by kamby: 12:03am On Apr 21, 2010
lawless country. the sharia king yerima went to egypt to mary a 13 yr old girl they refused . he came to nigeria and did the wedding now adenuga ? Glo never gives free call or anything .they rip naija guys up to make money and to give to the rich .who is beyounce ? when we have sasha,bukky, p square, tymaya, wande coal, don jazzy, koko man etc. shame on adenuga he and glo should go to hell.
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by gbengaijot(m): 12:22am On Apr 21, 2010
kamby:

lawless country. the sharia king yerima went to egypt to mary a 13 yr old girl they refused . he came to nigeria and did the wedding now adenuga ? Glo never gives free call or anything .they rip naija guys up to make money and to give to the rich .who is beyounce ? when we have sasha,bukky, p square, tymaya, wande coal, don jazzy, koko man etc. shame on adenuga he and glo should go to hell.

@ kamby, i can see you have so much disdain for Adenuga. No worries, every rich man has enemies. poor people do too, but because they are poor, their enemies are not evident. I mean, why will someone hate a poor man? There is nothing to hate him for, nothing to covet from a poor man.

The last time i checked, Adenuga's Glo has one of the lowest tarrif in Nigeria (yes, i know visafone & etisalat have low fees too, but show me 10 million individuals who have visafone lines or etisalat lines too). Glo to glo call is N18, if you are on the right plan. Go and ask brother MTN and lets see if they are not the ones ripping people up. Oh, just maybe you think their "who wants to be a millionaire" show is actually helping Nigerians, NO! it is not, its just a means to make everyone more poorer.

Don't be surprised, its not only beyonce coming, i am sure dbanj and other Nigerian artiste will perform. If you go to the wedding, you'll be bounced, so, you are doing great by hating on nairaland,

I am not supporting Adenuga, I don't use Glo, i don't even have shares in his coy. My point is simply that, if anyone thinks Adenuga is wicked or financially reckless, then they should get off their butts and create their own glo or conoil, instead of complaining! When you've made ur own money, share it with all of us in Nigeria, at least, we would call u baba alaye for being an "apa" and "Daroosa".
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by wealth123: 12:37am On Apr 21, 2010
MANY OF THE POSTS HERE SHOWS THAT MANY NIGERIAN YOUTHS DO NOT EVEN KNOW THE IDENTITY OF TREASURY LOOTERS AND THEIR CRONIES.
PLEASE NAIRALANDERS ANSWER THIS QUESTIONS: WHAT IS THE EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION OF MIKE ADENUGA? WHICH UNIVERSITY DID HE ATTEND? WHERE ARE HIS CLASSMATES? DID HE MAKE A FIRST CLASS? WHERE DID HE WORK AFTER GRADUATION (HIS FATHER'S SAWMILL IN IJEBU?), HOW MANY OF HIS CLASSMATES OWN A BANK, OIL DRILLING COMPANY, OIL MARKETING COMPANY, AND GSM COMPANY, ETC. HE BOUGHT CON OIL FOR A WOOPING N76BILLION OR MORE. THE ASSETS OF DEVCOM AND EQUITORIAL TRUST BANKS RUN INTO EVERAL BILLIONS. ALL BELONG TO ONE MAN - NIGERIANS THINK AND STOP PRAISING WICKED ROBBERS.

GOD IS WATCHING ALL THIS. RIBADU TRIED HIS BEST BUT ALL OF YOU CANNOT READ INBETWEEN THE LINES.

JUDGEMENT DAY IS COMING SOON NO SINNER WILL GO UNPUNISHED BEYONCE OR NO BEYONCE.
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by comechop(m): 12:40am On Apr 21, 2010
O man, I wasnt gonna comment here, but why not.

It is true - it is his money, so he can spend it however the hell he wants to. No one is doubting that.

But even then, it is normal HUMAN NATURE to bicker about the nature of his spending - since it was such a high prolific expenditure.

Personally, I think it was a useless expenditure. There is sooo much more that he, or I mean I would have done with $2 million for a wedding - so so much more. But then, he prob did it for the discussion that we are having now, or to make a name for himself, or daddy lil daughter asked for it, or, the list could go on. Thats his own palaver.

But PERSONALLY, I think it was a complete waste. When will nigerians stop wasting our, i mean their money on useless activities, and INVEST it in naija? I taya sha.
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by Gamine(f): 12:43am On Apr 21, 2010
The man worked for his money,
Are you to tell him how to enjoy or spend it

Get a grip people, work for your own money or die trying.
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by GAR3TH(m): 12:52am On Apr 21, 2010
What’s so bad about it? You all are acting like you won’t do the same thing if you had a billion dollars. I know if you all had that kind of money, you'll go on a spending spree buying Rolls Royce, Mansions, and maybe drop 20 million to literally buy Beyonce.

Real I believe if you got the money, you can do what ever you want with it. If he want to help the poor it’s his choice, and if he wants to pleasure himself so what. It’s his money, why the hell should you care.

And this wedding is considered “little”. Some rich people will spend up to $60 million on their weddings.

http://fhyatt.net/most-expensive-wedding-top-10-list/
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by gbengaijot(m): 1:01am On Apr 21, 2010
Gamine:

The man worked for his money,
Are you to tell him how to enjoy or spend it

Get a grip people, work for your own money or die trying.

@ Gamine, abeg, tell them o. its only lazy people that stays on their butts and complain,

comechop:

O man, I wasnt gonna comment here, but why not.

It is true - it is his money, so he can spend it however the hell he wants to. No one is doubting that.

But even then, it is normal HUMAN NATURE to bicker about the nature of his spending - since it was such a high prolific expenditure.

Personally, I think it was a useless expenditure. There is sooo much more that he, or I mean I would have done with $2 million for a wedding - so so much more. But then, he prob did it for the discussion that we are having now, or to make a name for himself, or daddy lil daughter asked for it, or, the list could go on. Thats his own palaver.

But PERSONALLY, I think it was a complete waste. When will nigerians stop wasting our, i mean their money on useless activities, and INVEST it in naija? I taya sha.

@comechop, if you have a daughter who ask u for candy, and you can afford it, won't you buy it, DO you know that your washman's son or cook's daughter will hate your daughter for having candy?, because all he's (ur cooks son) ever had was "pongila" (done with melted sugar + broom from toilet) which is like the poor mans version of candy.

If Adenuga worked hard for his money and have 350 Million sitting in his account, why should he have a problem spending 2 million on bringing beyonce to a daughters wedding.

@ comechop, if you have 1 million naira in your account, would you have problem spending 100K on yourself?? its called relativity,

wealth123:

MANY OF THE POSTS HERE SHOWS THAT MANY NIGERIAN YOUTHS DO NOT EVEN KNOW THE IDENTITY OF TREASURY LOOTERS AND THEIR CRONIES.
PLEASE NAIRALANDERS ANSWER THIS QUESTIONS: WHAT IS THE EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION OF MIKE ADENUGA? WHICH UNIVERSITY DID HE ATTEND? WHERE ARE HIS CLASSMATES? DID HE MAKE A FIRST CLASS? WHERE DID HE WORK AFTER GRADUATION (HIS FATHER'S SAWMILL IN IJEBU?), HOW MANY OF HIS CLASSMATES OWN A BANK, OIL DRILLING COMPANY, OIL MARKETING COMPANY, AND GSM COMPANY, ETC. HE BOUGHT CON OIL FOR A WOOPING N76BILLION OR MORE. THE ASSETS OF DEVCOM AND EQUITORIAL TRUST BANKS RUN INTO EVERAL BILLIONS. ALL BELONG TO ONE MAN - NIGERIANS THINK AND STOP PRAISING WICKED ROBBERS.

GOD IS WATCHING ALL THIS. RIBADU TRIED HIS BEST BUT ALL OF YOU CANNOT READ INBETWEEN THE LINES.

JUDGEMENT DAY IS COMING SOON NO SINNER WILL GO UNPUNISHED BEYONCE OR NO BEYONCE.

another show of shame.  Rich people don't buy companies with their money. They buy it with loans from the bank. You see, only poor people think the way you do. If Adenuga wanted to start Glo, he wouldnt have been able to bankroll it with his money. He does not have that much. He uses the N2,000, N5,000, N30,000 of all the poor people in the bank to finance it and turn it into a cash cow. Go and do a google search on Mike Adenuga, and you'll discover that he also schooled abroad. His first business venture was selling "car radios". i am sure many individuals ranting on this forum have not even sold anything in their lives, except work their ass off at a Job because that is what we were brought up to believe.

What has spending got to do with "judgement day"? Don't even bring christianity into this, Is it not the same "religious attitude" that makes us believe that it is "spiritual" to be poor? is it not the same Religious stupiditity that made us believe that if you are rich, you'll go to hell,

If God punishes someone for being rich, then he is a wicked God, And no i am not atheist, I am a christian by birth!
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by ssumpta(f): 1:49am On Apr 21, 2010
@gbengaijot.
I agree with u[i] in toto[/i]. I don't see d big deal.
Maybe its even his wedding gift to his daughter.
Who wouldn't want to give their daughters d best, in their own measure.

I say, Bella shud savour every tune Bey belts out on dat day.
Eat your hearts out pple. ITS HIS $$$$$$$$$$
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by gabng(m): 2:37am On Apr 21, 2010
@gbengaijot
Cant help but commend your words. You took them right of my mouth. Most of those who hate this mean for what he wants to do for his daughter have made evidence of the fact that there are ignorant fools.

@ all
This same man as far back as the early 1990s when he strted making his first millions in dollars refused bella and her siblings a request to change thier school bags (just after a year of being bought) because to him as far as the bags were still presentable. As at that point in time, it was the norm to have your school bag changed every start of a new school year. Does who went to primary school with them around 1994/5/6 at Corona Schools Ikoyi will tell you more about how this man gave his kids what was neccessary but never spoilt them.

Spending $2M on an artist for his daughters wedding is his RIGHT.

Instead of all thi hate go and ask your father were his was when M.A was making his Billions.
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by infohenry(m): 2:44am On Apr 21, 2010
frenchman:

I think there is a conspiracy among Nigerians against RICH people. For crying out loud, this guy is not a politician, so why the fuss.
If someone has worked hard and made his money legitimately, I think it is alright, if he wants to indulge himself a little bit, or is he supposed to donate all his money to charity.
Many of those crucifying him have cars, have laptops, two or three mobile phones that are luxurious compared to the level of poverty in Nigeria, why cant you donate them to the less privileged in your street?
Me personally will do the same or more if I were in his shoes, the man is not known to be frivolous, so let him be.
Brother you got it wrong that someone is contesting election does not mean he is not a politician, Adenuga is a campaign financier and he make his money from government or do you think is easy to get oil bloc and telecom license if your not politiian. The guy use his money as je like to but both him and his like should remenber that Bill Gate foundation donated 50mill dolars to fight polio in north nigeria where our billinaire Dangote came from.
That is why you make money not to waste it on weddings  and parties.One word for Adenuga you are not rich until you leave a legac that will outlive you, he should learn from Abiola where is companies and wealth today.
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by becomricha: 3:54am On Apr 21, 2010
see pictures

Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by becomricha: 3:56am On Apr 21, 2010
see, while people are suffering. May God help us.

Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by naijatoday: 4:24am On Apr 21, 2010
You people should calm down.

There is no confirmation that Beyonce is coming. The Rumor was started by one Nigerian tabloid magazine (trying to outdo others in the news about Bella's wedding). And Media take out just picked up the story and ran with it.

It is the same MediaTake out that did a story about beyonce last month that she was pregnant.
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by naijatoday: 4:26am On Apr 21, 2010
MIKE ADENUGA’S JEWEL

With the wedding bells tolling for her, billionaire Dr. Mike Adenuga Jnr’s pretty daughter, Bella, has told the inspiring story of how she single-handedly fought the battle of the bulge to become the trim damsel who is getting set to go to the altar soon.

It is a story that should motivate every fat, weighty woman or orobo girl dreaming of trimming down into fitness, good health and walking down the red carpet of fashion.
In his father’s long-awaited biography (written by the duo of Mike Awoyinfa and Dimgba Igwe), which should be out sometime this year, Bella says she was inspired by her father’s work ethic, discipline and strong will power to fight and defeat obesity, a gene common in the Adenuga family.

“My dad has always been driven and hardworking,” she says. “He is one man who believes that nothing is impossible. He says: If you put your mind hard enough to something and you work hard enough, you are going to achieve it. And that is the truth. I even applied that to my life.
“I used to be obese. I used to be about 120 kg and that is about 240 pounds. One day, I just woke and told myself: ‘No, I have to shed weight.’ I was still at the university. And my friends said: ‘Oh, you can’t do it.’ And I remembered my father’s saying: ‘If you work hard enough towards something, you are going to achieve it.’
“I told myself: ‘I am not going to accept the fact of being fat and continuing to be fat till I die. I said, with discipline, I can lose weight and I must lose weight. I put my mind to it and I achieved it.”

How did she achieve it? “I first cut out all sugar and all soft drinks. Before, I was addicted to Ginger Ale. Ginger Ale was my staple drink. I could drink seven bottles in a day. And by cutting off that, I initially lost weight, because I used to take so much sugar. And after, I started cleaning up on my portions.”
In Boston, where she attended university, there are lots of rivers and sidewalks across the rivers. She took advantage of that to embark on long trekking, with a view to shedding her excess luggage.

“I don’t like strenuous exercise, so I never used to run, but I could walk about five miles a day which was about two hours. And sometimes, I did it twice a day before my class in the morning or after my class in the evening.”

With persistence, she stuck to that exercise regime and miraculously she transfigured. Such was the extent of dramatic transformation that Mike Adenuga thought he was dreaming when he set eyes on her beloved daughter during a visit to her school in Boston, Massachusetts.
“When my dad finally saw me, he couldn’t believe it. Dad used to call me Ben-be. The Ben-be nickname came because I was chubby. It comes from the Yoruba saying, Ben-be ti be, meaning ‘Ben-be has burst.’ Because I was so chubby, dad would say, Ben-be ti be. The Adenugas are big. It is in the genes. It hit me as well and I had to curb it.

“My dad, as well, is big, but he is strict. He exercises every day. He is an exercise freak. He is always in the gym. By 1 a.m., he goes to the gym. He loves playing squash, but he had an accident while playing squash and this has kept him from squash. He doesn’t play squash anymore, but he exercises like mad.
“There is the tendency to be big in my family. You have to make a conscious effort to avoid it. You have to watch what you eat and exercise. From my dad, I have learnt that with hard work and determination, anything is possible.

“On seeing my new figure, he said to me: ‘I have to give you credit. You have been so disciplined. It is not easy. For the fact that you put your mind to it, you accomplished it. You deserve a lot of credit.’ I have applied this to almost every other aspect of my life.”

Bella Adenuga is one young lady saddled with the heavy responsibility of doing what girls of her age would not be found doing: managing a company from the top as Executive Director in Globacom, her father’s giant telecoms company, with the big ambition to take over Africa—and to “rule your world.”
Sitting behind her desk and almost swamped in her big office where she is fully involved in management and decision-making, Bella started from the shop floor as a student intern, working in the lower level finance and communication departments. She wasn’t a director then. With that experience, she was able to know what goes on down below the organisation.

After graduation, dad did not give her baby steps. He simply threw her instead straight into the heat of the action—wanting one report or another, asking her to face the press alone without any support, and making her to attend marathon meetings after meeting. The dreariest of the meetings was the Sunday meetings involving “roll out soldiers” at the commencement of Globacom. The roll out meetings usually started from 9 a.m. on Sunday and could roll into 11 p.m. or sometimes 1 a.m. And Adenuga would not excuse her daughter for any reason. It was part of the discipline the father wanted to instil in her daughter and prepare her for the future.

“We had that meeting for about a year,” says Bella, as she recalls the early years of Globacom and her father’s commitment to see it work. “This was where my dad really had to put his eye in rolling out the network in the various parts of the country —Kano, Warri and so on. At the meeting, he would ask questions like: How many towers are in this area? We knew that every Sunday, we were going to be there for such long hours, but we learnt a lot from dad’s leadership and management style. My dad didn’t say: ‘Oh, she is a girl, let’s start her slowly.’ I jumped right into the mix. When you are rolling out a network, it is so intense. You have to cover different areas and there are always issues to trash out. It was a meeting of all the people who had gone to the regions to come and give their updates and to say things like: ‘There are eight towers now in this part of Kano; there are 15 towers; we need poles; we need masts.’ My dad could say: ‘Let’s add a tower here; we don’t need a tower there.’”

Bella recalls that when she started working at Globacom, she had three things working against her. “Number one is the fact that I am a girl. Two, I am young. Three, I have a rich father and I work for him. Some people would look at me and perceive me as a figurehead who doesn’t do anything —just a case of a spoilt daughter of a rich man who comes to work any time she likes and things like that. For me, being young means that I have to prove myself to people. Even when I go to parties, I have to comport myself.”

It is the frankest and fullest interview Bella has ever given on her life as Mike Adenuga’s daughter. And you would have to wait for the Mike Adenuga book to read it in full. Throughout the interview, she proved herself as a smart, intelligent young woman who is a chip off the old block. It takes a genius to enter university at age 14, but Bella is the last to accept that tag of a genius, believing that it’s hard work and a father’s push that had taken her to where she is today.

Of course, the issues of her love life and marriage were raised in the interview. And she did not shy away from addressing them, saying: “It’s a natural course in life that if you are a girl, you must have an affair and get married someday. Getting married is inevitable. So, there is nothing much my dad says about that, because it is inevitable. One day, he is going to give me out to marry.”

On what she thinks the future holds for her, she says: “Like every girl, the dream is to get married and have your own family, have kids and build a good home while being able to maintain a good career and continue to build on the dream that my dad has already developed.”
Here is wishing Bella a happy married life. In this business of writing, once you have interviewed anybody, he or she becomes your friend for life. This is the beauty of journalism. And this is the little bonus that comes with being a biographer —the bonus of getting an exclusive story on your subject or the daughter of your subject.

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/?p=40004
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by naijatoday: 4:27am On Apr 21, 2010
info henry:

Brother you got it wrong that someone is contesting election does not mean he is not a politician, Adenuga is a campaign financier and he make his money from government or do you think is easy to get oil bloc and telecom license if your not politiian. The guy use his money as je like to but both him and his like should remenber that Bill Gate foundation donated 50mill dolars to fight polio in north nigeria where our billinaire Dangote came from.
That is why you make money not to waste it on weddings  and parties.One word for Adenuga you are not rich until you leave a legac that will outlive you, he should learn from Abiola where is companies and wealth today.

Which Abiola's companies?
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by gabng(m): 4:33am On Apr 21, 2010
Onye Ara Becomricha

The retard has arrived
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by rickie4us(m): 4:51am On Apr 21, 2010
will there be a live transmission of this wedding?
Re: Adenuga Pays Beyonce 2 Million Dollars For Daughter Wedding by rasputinn(m): 4:53am On Apr 21, 2010
[size=20pt]Yea,why wont they do that?
$2 million is the tip of an iceberg,I mean a very small portion of $12 billion dollars gulf war windfall[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Abba Kyari As A Cadet At The Nigeria Police Academy / Oshiomhole And His Wife, Iara At US Event Yesterday) (Photos) / Soldiers Kill Many Boko Haram Terrorists In Tunbun Guni Along Lake Chad (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.