Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,871 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:13 AM

Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims (31777 Views)

Aviation Minister, Keyamo Orders Suspension Of Dana Air Pending Audit / Nigeria Air Plane To Arrive On Friday / Bek Air Plane Crashes Near Kazakhstan's Almaty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by Amonat1: 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
Stop for a moment - you need to check this out.
Are u in need of money to start a business or you need an extra income. This is the best work I have got for you . 081. 390. 509. 49
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by Battalion: 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2018
krissconnect:
Is it not Nigeria again? Shithole country with a shithole dullardic senile clueless nepotic ignorant furadinunu nomadic president undecided
why can't you use your head. I don't know if you are using your anus to think
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2018
sophoccles:
Whoever has ears let him hear. INDIAN Dana continues to cut corners and compromise on safety, which means that another crash will probably be recorded soon!
Shout it out loud for everyone to hear o! Their plane that crashed in Iju-Ishaga on that unfateful black sunday is still fresh in my mind.
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by Reference(m): 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
pyyxxaro:
You get luck say the door nor pull for air

By now u for still de air de float grin

The design of most aircraft passenger doors are such that they cannot be opened in flight...,that is at pressurized altitude because they open inwards and naturally press against the bulkhead in normal operation. Lets just say decades of aircraft development saved them from calamity. And good thing it fell off on touch down and not at takeoff.

1 Like

Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by berrystunn(m): 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
charliboy654:
Shithole country, shithole plane, Shithole airport,

Shithole you grin
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by Reference(m): 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
AerialMapper:
I’m not a pilot and maybe Miracle would have been able to answer this but he is in Big brother House.

The exit door didn’t fall off during the flight because there was an equal and opposite force keeping it in place in the air. At cruising height, the air cabin is pressurized to match the atmospheric pressure and this kept the door in place.

I am totally unsure of what I’ve written

A bit right. But the fact is that aircraft doors..and windows are technically made bigger than the surrounding opening so that they cannot easily fail at altitude when the pressure within the frame is considetably more than outside. By this it is also impossible for the door to be opened at altitude even in an emergency and the pilot will have to drop to an altitude dense enough to do this. It is also the reasons military troop transport aircraft are not always pressurized and where they are they have to descend to a safe height to enable paratroopers disembark.
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by okpurukata(f): 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
This is really scary. And I use them often.
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by farady(m): 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
smiley cool Okay v1 is the take off speed of an aircraft beyond which the take-off should no longer be aborted. About MD83 - MD is shorten form for McDonnell Douglas. Dana planes are mostly McDonnell Douglas make, while Aero has mostly Boeing; Air Peace is mostly Boeing; Arik has a combination of Boeing and Bombardier.

Rushdie, please educate me what is v1 and how do you know when an airline will use md83. So that I can follow your steps also [/quote]
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by SalamRushdie: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
nurshah:

Rushdie, please educate me what is v1 and how do you know when an airline will use md83. So that I can follow your steps also

Take off speeds are broken down into 3 stages for safety purpose :

V1 is the speed that an aircraft attains and take off can no longer be aborted , at this stage pilot must commit to the take .

Second stage is called VR and it the speed at which the planes nose landing gear leaves the ground .

Then you have V2 which is the the thrust a plans must sustain either with all engines or a single engine to maintain a climb till it can level out either for a return or to proceed the entire flight plan.

MD83 is a twin jet tail mounted old generation commercial jet built by Mcdonnel Douglas aviation and I think is only flown commercially by Dana on Nigeria ..I have never been a fan of MD83 because of the noisy fuselage courtesy the tail mounted engines , it's poor weight distribution which makes it deliver quite bumpy rides , poor recovery in event of a flutter and unstable climb .
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by farady(m): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
nurshah:

Rushdie, please educate me what is v1 and how do you know when an airline will use md83. So that I can follow your steps also

winkOkay v1 is the take off speed of an aircraft beyond which the take-off should no longer be aborted. About MD83 - MD is shorten form for McDonnell Douglas. Dana planes are mostly McDonnell Douglas make, while Aero has mostly Boeing; Air Peace is mostly Boeing; Arik has a combination of Boeing and Bombardier.
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by femsim(m): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
this dana airline get wahala...Govt needs to suspend dem in other to straighten up their HEAD
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
Battalion:
why can't you use your head. I don't know if you are using your anus to think
See them.
Agents of Buhari.
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by centboy123456(m): 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
Britishcoins:
Thanks God Buhari did not succeeded this time.

hahahahahahahahahah men u made me laff so hard everything na Buhari
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by centboy123456(m): 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
bonechamberlain:
nothing is working in this country

brother noting is working at all it getting worst everyday
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by bonechamberlain(m): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
centboy123456:

brother noting is working at all it getting worst everyday
Nigeria is gradually turning to the state of nature as described by Hobbes.. may God help us.
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by Sadiqelhasad: 2:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
krissconnect:
Is it not Nigeria again? Shithole country with a shithole dullardic senile clueless nepotic ignorant furadinunu nomadic president undecided
Immoral Punk!!.. So The President Unlock D Door?
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by donqx: 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
oh
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by migeoart(f): 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
careytommy7:
People still fly Dana?
i just wonder

1 Like

Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by HomeOfMe(f): 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
nurshah:

Hmmmm my dear this weekend I remember that I'll fated flight... I had many people I knew.
Refer one that lost her life along with all her children, her husband,. Mother and two family members many pple became orphans
cry
Corruption has made them to still continue to allow the airline to operate. Money has changed hands definitely. Too bad for Nigeria.
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by Smooyis(m): 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2018
This Dana planes sef
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by vicglo: 4:58pm On Feb 07, 2018
This is absolutely lies.If it was a Dana Airline plane.Why can't the person show us that it was a Dana Plane clearly by also snapping the plane itself or even got the seat where Dana Air was written.

1 Like

Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by Reedahgado(f): 7:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
doctorkush:
:DD
Dana again??

Last year we were mid air about landing when the tyre exploded. Men!! we had to sky dive and land in sea . it was a wonderful experience. Wish I was on this one too.... Oh! They also serve babyoku...
Just take a look at yourself and see where lying has landed you. grin grin
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by CioAngels(f): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
Dana again.
Re: Exit Door Of Dana Air Plane Fell Off As We Land – Twitter User Claims by EchezonaI(m): 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
2nd hand/outdated planes everywhere....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Singapore Airlines Is The World's Best Airline For 2019.See Top 10 Best Airlines / Bola Tinubu International Airport: Gov Bago Renames Minna Airport / Lagos Begins Test Run Of New BRT Buses With Free Services - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.