Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,090 members, 7,942,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 08:47 PM

The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship (11654 Views)

The Undisputed / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Dessydemmy: 10:59am On Feb 20, 2018
Whao!!! this is full of surprises and im enjoying it. Weldone dea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:58pm On Feb 21, 2018

© Tisa Phiri

Hey! Relax, all you need is to visit the link below to continue reading

www.youngicee.com/category/the-undisputed

2 Likes

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 3:08pm On Feb 22, 2018

© Tisa Phiri

2 Likes

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 3:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
© Tisa Phiri

1 Like

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by itsandi(m): 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
Lovely update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by OlufemiWhit(m): 6:03am On Feb 23, 2018
I'm feeling this story.....keep it up
Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 8:22am On Feb 23, 2018

© Tisa Phiri

2 Likes

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Dessydemmy: 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
FELT FOR YOU GUYS JARE. cry cry cry cry
Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2018
THE UNDISPUTED 17

© Tisa Phiri ~~

" if not for the fact that i missed you so much i would have slapped your beautiful face for making us go through so much to find you!" Thandi yelled at Mattie not letting go of the hug.

" Mattie we missed you so much sweety. Please never leave like that again" Sali smiled at her.

" i won't i promise. I just wanted to figure myself out for some time and i didnt intend to dispear on you guys for long" Mattie explained leading them inside.

The girls instantly stopped talking when they saw the sight of a very sick woman laying on a mattress placed on a rid mat.

" girls this is my mother." Mattie casually introduced her mother her expression showing she wasn't feeling any pity for her mother.

" how are you mom?" Sali tried to greet her but the woman just looked at her and her eyes went back down without responding.

" she has been like that since i came yersterday. The only thing this woman managed to say was scolding me for coming to see her. She needs me here and i, just like herself, can't stand her. This woman hates me like am the cause of all her problems. Even in her sickness she won't see me as her child. "Mattie told her friends.

" i dont understand" Thandi shook head feeling bad for her friend.

" guys lets talk from outside." She indicated grabbing some stools and walking outside.

" i met my mother's friend three months ago and she told me Mother was sick. She handed me her phone number that i call her." Mattie started explaining looking at Sali and Thandi as they sat outside, Joe was still in the car.

Mattie went on explaining how she ignored the news of her sick mother. She told them how she wasn't ready to forgive her for everything she did to her and her sister. But changed hef mind after some time.

" i knew whatever was wrong with her was as a result of the kind of life she has lived. Making money out of prostitution. I told myself i wouldn't bother to see her but i dont know" she sighed.

" we understand Mattie, She is your mother no matter what happened." Sali held her hand.

" yeah maybe that" Mattie shrugged.

" i tried to call her and you know what that woman in there did?" She paused looking behind her to the door and back at them.

" she called me names, that i was a witch who wanted het dead. I burried all my children " were her own words towards me. I decided then never to bother myself. I felt she could die for all i care. But yesterday i just woke up and felt i needed to come anyways."

" am sorry Mattie, you had to go through that all alone. I wish we knew what was going on " Thandi spoke.

" i know dear, it was my fault i didnt say bye to you guys. I just thought i would have time to heal and start over. I was going through a lot of pain and living with Kelly was becoming hard everyday, i wanted you guys to be free from my burdens and concetrate on chasing your dreams. I didn't want to bother you. I decided to start over. Using the money that i got from Kelly and the savings i had, i went to start doing some fish business in siavongo.

Seeing how well i was managing buying fish and kapenta from the fishermen and selling it to the buyers from different parts of the country, I decided to stay there longer. In months i was doing fine thank God.

Business was okey for a year. The unfortunate part was that they stole my phone the same day i got to Siavongo. You know with the kind of phone i had before, i couldnt get my contacts back. Besides i never wanted Kelly to find me so i decided to get a different sim card with the hope that whenever i got back to Lusaka i would simply look for you two. "

Mattie explained

" oh Mattie we waited for you to come back. A lot had happened in that year. I was given the contract for modelling and Sali moved away from Mrs Numba's. We now stay in the apartment the company is renting for me" Thandi cut in.

" yeah no wonder i didnt trace you back at Harold and Leticia's house. With the kind of people your bosses are, i never had a chance to find out about you. Its like they were never home " Mattie shrugged

" oh am sorry, i know those two. Besides just last year they moved to their newly built mansion in Lusaka west." Thandi said.

" its like we missed each other everytime" Sali added with a chuckle.

" sure, i decided to go and stay back at our little heaven not wanting to miss you two again in case you decided to go back there since Mwila (the woman left in Thandi's old house) told me you went to look for me there before" Mattie went on explaining.

" well to cut the story short. I continued the fish business. Only this time i only go to order after some weeks and supply the town market traders. Its been well my friends not that i make a lot, but enough so much that i manage to sustain myself. Mwila has become like an aunty to me and we get along well, though it hurts that i quit school, i still feel i can do something else to better my life. My mind was too clouded for me to contrate on studying. Guess its not all of us meant to persue education right?" Mattie let a laugh tears of joy and relief clouding her eyes.

" yeah right, look at me, am doing well with Modelling, who could have known that a grade six drop out would one day mingle with the rich" Thandi smiled shedding tears too.

The girls talked and laughed together for more than an hour. Telling each other how they had been and laughing and smiling through it all.

" well am so happy you guys are doing well, Sali, the idea of business is great too. Just start and God willing we will get some where " Mattie exclaimed with a smile.

" our Ms Zambia here can work on making sure she's on the spot light whilst we will work on the ground with what we can do best. Together we are undisputed!" She smiled proudly raising her head.

" yeah. See, now we are complete " Sali smiled.

" hey you guys we have been talking here for hours you cannot even introduce me to that handsome gentleman in the car" Mattie looked at the direction where Joe was parked.

" my friend, the lover boy you heard Sali talk about is that dude in the car. " Thandi smiled.

" you dont say!" Mattie stood up.

" you mean that guy we have practically ignored here is the Joe from the story?" She asked.

Sali nodded with a laugh.

" oh my God Joe! Come out man, am sorry i didnt know you are the man who stole the heart of my fat saliya!" She ran to the car speaking to Joe by the window.

Joe who was now sitting up smiled at her.

" am sorry i was carried away, these girls just told me about you, am so happy to meet you" she smiled hugging him as he stepped out of the car.

" you so cute you know that?" She teased him and they all laughed.

" i told you" Sali moved to Joe laughing .

" she's the craziest one of us all. The lighter of every moment "

" shes great!" Joe shrugged with a laugh too. " your friends were sick worried about you. Am glad they found you finally. You guys are a definition of true friendship. " Joe recommended in his deep calm voice.

" yeah sure. I missed them too and am so happy you have no idea how it feels to see these two kids again" Mattie pulled Sali and Thandi closer and held their shoulders.

" i wonder why she missed me if she was blessed with a dude like yourself" Mattie teased again this time making Joe shy and he brushed a little.

" Matilda stop it now, you embarrassing me" Sali giggled shaking her head.

" watch out though. Mattie is back and if you hurt her, no, " she paused searching for a word.

" if you even think of hurting my Sali, you will have me to face!" She warned faking a serious face.

" i know, don't mess with the undisputed!" Joe laughed and the whole group joined in.

After talking for a while Longer, Mattie who seemed unconcerned about her mother at the moment went inside.

She shook her head at the sight of her groaning mother. She seemed to be in so much pain and Mattie was contemplating the idea of dragging her to the hospital as the girls had suggested. She had tried to persuade her before but her mother only threw insults at her and asked her to leave her alone claiming Mattie only came to laugh at her for what she did in the past.

Even when Mattie knew it was a self defence technique, that her mother was too ashamed she had turned out better than she had thought. The shame that came with her own evil haunting her even in her sick bed.

" mom, my friends and i are taking you to the hospital now" she informed her when she saw her open her eyes to look at her.

" i don't want to. Just leave me to die already!" She snarled angrily.

" well am sorry, but we are taking you still. Its not like am happy to be here mother, you should know that for sure. I can't let you die here though, am not like you. So whether you like it or not, we are taking you to the hospital" she talked as she moved her mother dressing her preparing her for the hospital.

A few minutes later she asked Sali to help carry her to Joe's car and they drove off.

It was past 18 pm by the time they completed the admission procedure and Mattie' s mother was given a bed.

The girls decided to stay with her. Unknown to them, Kelly who had followed them was watching from a distance.

He was looking for an opportunity for Mattie to remain alone so that he could talk to her.

Seeing Joe's car leaving without Sali and Thandi, he knew the girls decided to stay together so he drove back making a note to see her the following day.

" i will have to see her, come what may" he whispered to himself as he joined the main road heading back to Lusaka.

To be continued

2 Likes

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:41pm On Feb 28, 2018

© Tisa Phiri

Mattie paced around the hospital passage as the doctor attended to her mother. A few moments before she was talking to her, More like asking for her child to forgive her even when it didnt come out exactly as an apology.

" Mattie, things have not been easy for me as well. I was made to start taking care of a child at a very tender age. My mother neglecting me and leaving me to go through the roughest patch in my life alone.

I wanted to stay strong but i couldn't. It was hard to love you and your siater when i had so much on my plate" she sighed in her sick bed as Mattie stood besides her.

That day, two days after she was admitted, Mattie was alone at the hospital. Her friends had left the following day and promised to go back and see her. It was at the time she was waiting for them to come as promised that her mother called her to the bedside.

" mom, you have no excuse to do what you did to us. You forced two girls under the age of 15 into prostitution. You bore us mother, how could you? No matter how tough things were there's nothing you will say that will justify your actions." Mattie cried this time failing to control the pain she had held for a long time.

" i know you hate me but am sure one day you will understand my pain. You will have children too and just then when things are hard you will come to understand me Matilda. I loved you in my own way. We had no option, what i was making wasnt enough and besides men who slept with you paid more" she coughed making Mattie spite her even more.

" you know what mother, am only here because i dont want your death on my conscious. I want to help you as much as i can so that i free myself from you. You are not worthy to be called a mother " Mattie sobbed tears falling her face as she scolded her mother.

She was almost saying something but Mattie turned to walk away.

" just get well already, i can't stand being here with you. I want to go where i belong and its evident its not besides you" she spat walking out her chest filled with pain. Pain of her mother who seemed to have a hard heart she wouldn't see her own child's pain. She was so hard hearted she couldn't feel remorse for what she made her children go through.

Mattie walked outside to have some time to herself. She sat down on one of the hospital sheds tears in her eyes.

" hey Mattie!" She heard a familiar voice calling out to her.

Turning instantly to face the owner of the voice, she was astonished to see Kelly standing besides her dressed in a black jeans and blue plain shirt which gave away his skin colour. His neat face with deep eyes staring at her with concern.

" what are you doing here?" Mattie quickly wiped the tears in her eyes turning away from him.

" why are you crying Mattie? " Kelly responded instead.

" go away from me Kelly, i don't know how you managed to find me and i dont care. Just leave already!" She spoke loudly witbout turning her head. Deep down she felt that instant joy fill her heart. Bringing back every feeling she had thought she managed to fight for 3 years.

" i can't " Kelly responded sitting next to her.

" i have been waiting for days to have this chance to talk to you and i will not let it pass" he smiled.

" i see, you followed Thandi and Sali. Well, what do you want Kelly? You have come to take advantage of me again.? To blackmail me into sleeping with you so that my friends and i won't go to jail? Well, too bad my dear cause right now i don't give a damn where i am. I have had the worst and nothing will scare me anymore. My pathetic mother there is living her last miserable days, am barren thanks to you. Do whatever the hell you please Kelly. I don't give a damn!" She told him tears rolling down her cheeks she couldnt contain her pain.

"Mattie, please stop it. Am not here for that" Kelly tried to hold her but she stood away from him.

" what do you want then Kelly! What the hell do you want from me? Am empty inside here, my life has not been easy, i tried, i swear i try to be patient but i can't always be strong. Every time i think of my past i can't forget the faces of the men that i was forced to sleep with. They tore my inside out. I swear i hate men, i hate my damn life. To add to the wounds you came to purnish me Kelly. You forced me, just like those animals from my childhood, you made me sleep with you even when i begged you time and again not to.

As though that wasnt enough, i got pregnant and you made me kill my children. I killed them and now i have no chance of ever being a mother. Maybe, just maybe i could have had a chance to correct my mother's mistakes. But its all gone. I am bound to this innner sadness and no matter how much strong i pretend to be, i will still feel the void inside me. Am so tired. So tired i feel like i can't go on. I i.... i can't " she cried sadily Kelly felt a huge lamp in his chest.

He had never anticipated or seen that side of Mattie and seeing her so broken left him feel the intense regret for his actions. What was he to do now that the damage was already done?

His eyes were filled with tears. He tried to speak but his voice hanged in his throat.

" Mattie, am so sorry, i really dont know how to tell you am sorry. Am sorry i am part of the people that has made you this way. I swear i wish i could change things. " he finally spoke his voice coming out different from his usual one.

" well you said it, you cant do anything now. Just leave me alone!" She shook her head stepping forward to leave his side.

" wait!" He held her hand and looked at her sad and crying face.

" please don't leave me " he stammered.

Mattie looked up his face not knowing exactly what he meant but still she didnt bother to ask him.

" i love you" he whispered seriously

" what?" Mattie now shocked looked up his face.

" yes Mattie, i love you. I didn't just see it but what i feel for you is deep. I missed you so much and i tried to look for you. I need you Mattie please don't throw me out. Let me help you heal from your pains. Allow me in your life. I know i can't redo the damage but i can try to make you happy please!" Kelly pleaded holding her hands still as she sobbed.

Mattie shook her head. The words of Kelly leaving her weak for a second she felt vulnerable. Like she could throw herself on him and let him easy her pain. But the thoughts of the past and Kelly's Wife floaded her thoughts and she realised it was too good to be true.

" no, no please leave" she withdrew her hand stepping backwards.

" Please " Kelly held on.

" i said no!" Mattie yelled this time.

" i said leave me alone Kelly. Go back to your wife and never come back again!" She shouted pushing him away.

" i never want to see you again. I hate you!" she added walking away feom him leaving Kelly planted to the ground he couldn't move.

" i will never go away Mattie. I will come back cause i love you and i know you don't hate me. I love you! " kelly shouted making sure she got him but she didnt turn to look back.

Mattie ran towards the hospital door and walked in hurriedly like she was running away from something terrible.

" Mattie, come with me!" A female nurse rushed to her immediately she settled down on the bench trying to compose herself.

" what is it sister?" She stood following the nurse.

" your mother is not doing fine mattie. She's has been rushed to the ICU the doctors are attending to her now" the nurse informed her.

" is she going to be okey?" Mattie asked trying so hard to prevent the water she was feeling clouding her eyes.

" we pray for God to interfere, she's not doing well am sorry" the nurse shook her head.

Since then she had been pacing around waiting for any news from the doctors inside. She couldnt keep calm. Mattie didnt know she would feel like that for her mother.

" Doctor, how is she?" She startled seeing the doctor walk out of the ICU.

" am sorry my child. There's nothing we could do for her anymore. She's gone" the doctor informed her and Mattie nodded her head her hand to her mouth.

" am sorry " the doctor patted her back.

Mattie sat back on the bench crying. Reliving the few good times she had with her mother. She knew deep in her heart she still loved her mother very much. The pain she made her go through covered it up but she didn't know her death would make her feel so much pain.

" Mattie, oh Mattie sweety am so sorry" Thandi walked to her. She just got in and from the look on her face, she knew the worst had happened.

" stay strong my love. Am so sorry" Thandi cried too hugging her friend so close she could feel her heart beat as Mattie cried.

" i can't believe i am crying for that woman Thandi, she was so terrible but she was my mother it hurts so much that she's gone my friend. It so much hurts Thandi. She couldn't even try to make things right. She has gone without amending her deeds. I swear i could have forgiven her. All she could have done is show remorse and ask me to. I loved her still Thandi, i loved her but now she's left me." Mattie sobbed loudly.

" i know, i know the pain Mattie. She was your mother. She has done teriible things to you but she was still your mother and it hurts she's gone. I promise the pain will get better" Thandi rubbed her back.

She let her cry on her shoulder for some time. Before she held her up.

" we have to go" she whispered in her ears.

" i don't even know of any relatives near by, i can't call anyone. How am i going to host a funeral for her Thandi?" Mattie shook her head. " am just a girl and i know nothing. What do i do now?"

" shshshshs don't worry yourself sweety. We will figure it out. I came with the company vehicle. Am sure Sali and Joe will get here soon. We will figure everything out my friend . Together we will, i promise you that. We won't leave you alone" Thandi wipped Mattie"s tears

To be continued

Read more here : www.youngicee.com/category/the-undisputed

1 Like

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 8:06am On Mar 01, 2018

© Tisa Phiri

An hour later, the girls had arranged the house (Belonging to Mattie's mother) in readiness to host a funeral. The mother's friends came in to help to doing the necessary arrangements and informing the people around about the death of Mattie's mother.

By the time it was evening, some community members had gathered at the funeral house some men sat outside and women inside.

Mattie however did not want to prolong the moarning period. She decided her mother was to be burried the following day.

" There's no reason to have this funeral for three whole days. Since there are no relatives here, am the only one around and honestly i can't afford this " she told her mother's friends who somehow agreed with her.

Sali and Thandi stayed by her side all the time. With Thandi helping out by contributing to the money for purchasing a coffin.

Kelly who came to know of the funeral through Sali, as they met at the hospital when Sali was arriving. He rushed to her seeing her facial expression.

" please Sali i know you dont like me at all but tell me what's going on, is Mattie 's mother okey?" He asked with a pleading look.

" you are right Kelly, you are not my favourite person, but i guess i have no say in your affairs. I don't know why you are here and what you talked about with Mattie " she shook her head.

" her mother just died" she finally told him.

" oh God, how is she doing? " he asked concerned. Recalling how sad she was when she had left him. Kelly had not left for Lusaka for the 2 days Mattie was at the hospital. He lodged at the nearest lodge wanting to stay closer to Mattie even when she had no idea what he was doing.

Kelly wife who had been calling asking her husband's whereabouts, only got a staright response. " am trying to find Mattie. Listen Joy, i need to apologise for what i did to her. when i come back i will fill you in on the details" he had casually informed her not knowing how hurt Joy became. She started her plan to fight for her marriage." Whether, i love him or not, he's still married to me and i will make sure he stays with me happy or not" Joy had told herself.

" as expected Kelly, she's not doing fine " Sali answered bringing Kelly back to the moment as his thoughts had lingered away.

" what can i do to help?" He held Sali's hand when she almost walked away.

Sali sighed stopping after looking at Joe who was waiting for her by the car. "What do you want Kelly? Have you talked to her?" She asked instead.

" yeah i have" he responded

" and?" Sali raised her eyes.

" i love her Sali, i trully do and i won't leave until i talk to her again. Even if she wants me gone, i want her. I will stay here until i talk to her in a normal way" he shrugged seriously.

Sali was quite for a while. She had a dream a day before where she had predicted the death of Mattie's mother. She however, never got to tell that to Mattie not wanting to hurt her.

Part of the dream was about Kelly. She had seen him carrying Mattie, she looked happy as the two played around.

Sali didn't know how to explain her dream. She only told Joe who clearly ignored it saying it was just a dream. But Sali knew it wasn't, she was not the type to just dream. Though her powers were gone she knew that somehow the dreams were connected to her initial powers.

She sighed rubbing off the thoughts looking at Kelly's tired face. She felt the urge to help him.

" okey fine, hang around i will talk to her. Lets see if i can persuade her to see you again. But am not making any promises. You know how Mattie is." She told him.

" thank you so much Sali and am sorry for what i did before. Using your tragedy to blackmail Mattie" Kelly frowned.

" yeah will see you then. We are going to the house now. " she raised her shoulders.

" mind if i tag along?" He asked

" yeah sure, why not." Sali looked back at him as she walked on.

Without Mattie knowing, Sali told Thandi about Kelly who was outside with the other men. Kelly offered to buy the coffin and the girls predicting Mattie's reaction, told him she wouldn't accept.

" well, make it like you girls are helping her. Its my way of easing up on my debt to her" he begged them.

It so happened that Mattie didn't know the money for the coffin was provided by Kelly. Her assumption was that Thandi and Sali had put their money together to help her of which they could have done but Kelly's offer to help prevented them.

" am so glad you girls stood by me and helped me out" she Thanked them the following day after the burial.

" it's okey sweety, we are family, no need to thank us, besides if you knew how we acquired the money you would surely hug us more" Sali teased her with a laugh.

" what? Tell me you guys are not doing something i wouldn't approve of" Mattie looked at Sali, then Thandi and they both smiled giving her no clue about Kelly.

" have you seen Kelly?" Sali started as the girls sat down in the house awaiting for everyone to disperse.

" no, but i saw him yersterday" she shrugged

" and?" Thandi asked

" and the jerk told me he loves me, that he's here to help easy my pain bla bla bla!, i don't want to see him ever. " Mattie responded

" are you sure?, remember you ran away from his house cause you fall in love with him" Thandi reminded her.

" yeah and i was a fool, you guys were right. I should forget about him. After all his married and he hurt me so much" she shook her head.

" mmmmhm you love him still right? " Sali burged in.

" what's your point Sali? I don't love him anymore" she tried to make a serious face but the friends could see her eyes giving her away.

" you love him and the only reason you shoved him away is because you can't resist the man. You know being close to him will make you fall for him all over again" Sali pointed out.

" Guys please stop it. Lets not talk about Kelly now. He's probably with his wife right now so what's the point. Whether i lov him or not is not the issue here. He should just leave me alone. "

" well, you wrong again my friend, that man has not left this place. This is his third day here and he won't leave unless you talk to him" Sali quickly explained.

" you are joking right? " Mattie sat up tieing the Chitenge wrapper she had around her waist.

" nope" Sali smiled .

" what the hell is he doing here i told him....."

"I know, he told us but he's as stubborn as you are Mattie he won't leave this place until you talk to him." Thandi spoke this time cuting Mattie's sentence short.

" just see him Mattie. What will you loose anyway? Tell him what you feel and am sure he will understand." Thandi added as Sali nodded her head in agreement.

" and you, where is your man you busy sending me to that jerk? " Mattie chuckled looking at Sali.

" he left, he's working today so he left early in this morning."

" well, tell him i appreciate what he's done for me. Staying here all night. I barely know him. Hes so kind" Mattie said honestly.

" yeah i will" Sali smiled.

" so what now, you are trying to dodge the topic here. Are you seeing Kelly or what?" Sali asked with a laugh.

" fine i will see him. Where is he?" She asked.

" at the lodge he's been staying for days." Sali responded.

" oh no, am not seeing him from there" Mattie giggled.

" now what?, you want him coming here and talk outside with people around? Or maybe stand in the road and talk like kids? Come on girl be realistic. Just man up and see him" Sali shook her head.

" well, he could have said some place else where, outside some eating place or something like that" Mattie defended herself.

" you are crazy. Okey say you sit outside then what?" Sali laughed slighlty.

" hey Mattie! am sorry i forced myself on you, i blackmailed you with the issue of your friend Sali killing a man!" Sali mimicked.

" in public?" She asked frowning her eyes on Mattie.

" okey i get it. You girls are crazy. I don't understand how you are suddenly bargaining for him. Remember you two almost killed me for falling in love with him" she shrugged and the girl's smilled at her.

" just go"Thandi pushed her shoulders slightly.

"Fine, will go after everyone has left."

Hours later....

It was passed 7 pm when the funeral house was quiet. All the neighbours gone leaving Thandi, Sali and Mattie alone.

The girls reminded Mattie to see Kelly.

" yeah right let him come pick me. I can't walk all the way" Mattie told Sali.

" he's already outside " she smiled knowing what she had done.

She had called him earlier telling him Mattie had agreed to see him and Kelly parked a few yards from the house waiting. When it got a bit dark outside he drove closer and waited.

" see you soon girl, be careful " the girls saw Mattie to the car.

" we will be here sweety. Just call if need be" Sali added patting her back.

" she will be fine and i promise i won't hurt her" Kelly who heard them talk responded.

" sure you won't " Thandi gave a warning look as Mattie sat down the front sit.

They moved in silence to Kelly's room.

" well, am here now Kelly. You wanted to see me please get to it already. I just burried my mother and i don't think being in a lodge with a man, married for that matter is the right thing to do" she scoffed.

" am sorry, we have to meet under such conditions Matilda. Am sorry for your loss too. " Kelly started looking at mattie who sat on the bed as he stood his back to the wall. Taking in Mattie's beautiful face. Even in a Chitenge he thought she looked great. The black blouse she had on fiiting her perfectly he felt proud. She was a woman now. He took time studying her features realising she had grown so much from the last time he saw her that close, she even looked more beutiful and he swallowed hard pushing down the urge to tell her the truth about how he was seeing her.

He decided he had to stick to his main business there of which he realised his mouth become dry and he had no words to tell her. How was he going to explain himself.

Initially he had thought seeing and talking to her again would give him the opportunity to express himself. But now he was tongue tied.

"What now? You have nothing to tell me after all. Well am leaving" she stood to leave.

"Wait!" Kelly stepped in front of her. "Please sit" He sighed holding her hands and leading her back to sit down.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-undisputed

1 Like

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by bimberry1307(f): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
thanks, man.

1 Like

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by itsandi(m): 3:32pm On Mar 01, 2018

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Dessydemmy: 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
HAAAA!! this is called hangover o. Weldone for the update too

1 Like

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:21pm On Mar 02, 2018

© Tisa Phiri

Thandi was going back to work, it was already a week past and her off days had come to an end with the funeral and helping Mattie move in with her, it seemed to have run out quicker than she expected.

"morning Thandi?" Harold greeted her immediately she opened the door to his office.

" well come back, i Hope you managed to do whatever it is you wanted the leave days for, we have lots of things on our plate. I bet you have to start going through that file without delay. " Harold rushed through his speech.

" am fine thanks and how are you doing?" Thandi smiled at her boss who seemed to go straight into business without greeting her.

" yeah, sorry, my mind is just so pilled up. Am fine dear. I hope you are too" he sighed sitting back in his chair.

Thandi was still standing on the other side of his table, dressed in a pink chiffon dress that went up her knees. Her new hair style, short and curled 100 percent weave giving her a hot look.

" what?" Thandi asked noticing how Harold had been checking her out.

" you look good. I love that hair style but am afraid you will have to undo it tomorrow." He smiled

" okey?" Thandi asked wanting to hear more

" yeah, you are requiresd to go for the photo shoots for that company we signed a contract with the other week. And this is the kind of hair look they want." Harold added, pushing a leaflet towards Thandi.

" yeah great. You only forgot to mention that i will have nothing on my body except that wig" she sat down unpleased.

" Thandi we already talked about...."

" i know am sorry i just thought maybe something down my body would do" she frowned

" well, look at that, you will have your hands on your sensitive parts. The whole essence is to show your perfect body and skin so that the photo will display an ellegant skin on the cover of this product they want to launch.

Besides that you and other models will have a function this friday were some stake holders will attend. The company wants to launch the product and your services are needed there." He went through the details as Thandi listened in quitely.

" that's okey. I bet am back for work. Anything else boss ? i go through this" she lifted the file up.

" yeah, one more thing" Harold responded.

"Ummm what are you doing this evening?" He asked.

" nothing planned yet, anything ?" Thandi looked up his face.

" i want you to meet someone this evening. Say dinner at 7?"

" am sorry, but am i in the position to ask who this someone is?" She made a face raising her forehead.

" don't worry its not work its kind of personal, but i would really love you to go. I promised the person you will see him and i pray you accept to" Harold smiled.

" what's this about Harold, you acting up" she chuckled.

" just get to that address and met the gentle man there. He knows who you are and it shouldn't be hard for him to see you. You will be fine don't worry. You are the best i have in this company i wouldnt lead you to anything bad" he smiled dismissing her after handing her the address.

" will see you later" she nodded leaving the room.

' wait, am i supposed to dress casually of formally? " she looked back before leaving the door.

" just be yourself dear" Harold smiled

" okey" Thandi said walking out her mind trying to process what Harold just told her. " who is this person who wouldn't ask me for dinner straight up? " she wondered as she got to her desk.

Back at home...

Sali and Mattie were planning on how they would expand Mattie's fish business.

" since i have this money Thandi lend me, what do you think of us putting what we have together and starting this business at a larger scale. Say we build a shop within town, buy some freezers and we start buying fresh fish from Kafue and dry ones from Luangwa." Sali suggested.

" oh yeah thats it, that's it Sali!, wow, why didnt i think of that idea before? Its brilliant love. We can find a space to build on or even rent some shop from a central place in town. You know relish is something that people would always buy on a daily basis. Executed well, we will make good money" Mattie responded excited.

" we will. Lets just plan well on how to begin. By the end of this month we should be settled." Concluded Sali.

The girls agreed and immediately went into making a budget for their business. By the time they were done it was past mid day.

" There's someone at the door Mattie!" Sali called out from the bathroom.

" i got it!" Mattie responded walking to see who had come.

" Joe, what a surprise, you are welcome " she smiled at Joe who stood by the door clad in a suit she guesed he was from the office.

" hey Mattie, doing okey at a new place?" Joe asked as Mattie led him inside.

" yeah, there is no better place to be than here with my two favourite persons." Mattie giggled.

" yeah thats great." Joe nodded

" she's taking a bath, we had a business meeting here the whole morning"she informed him seeing how Joe's eyes kept researching around she assumed he was looking for Sali.

" okey. Great i just wanted to take her out for lunch today" he smiled.

" wow, am sure she will be thrilled. Let me tell her to ...." Mattie couldn't finish her sentence and Sali walked out wrapped in a towel that showed off all her thighs covering a small part of her hips.

" oh my God! Am sorry love, i didnt know we had a visitor" she screamed shy.

"Well, there she is" Mattie laughed and walked away from the living room.

" hey! " Joe swallowed hard. You look ummmmm.." he paused scratching his head.

" naked! " Sali responded laughing.

" let me just..."

" yeah sure!" Joe cut her nodding his head as Sali pointed at the bed room door.

She rushed to go to the bedroom leaving Joe smiling at her.

" wow!" He sighed sitting back. " now that was a perfect skin" he thought to himself resurfacing Sali's wet body he just saw a few minutes back.

He even felt the his reason for seeing her was timely. He felt he couldn't hold himself anymore. He had to make her his as soon as possible. In his mind he knew now that Sali was getting there, he was to face some competition and he dared not have some other guy snopping his nose on what he had seen grow into something beautiful. He assured himself she was going to be his soon enough.

Telling his parents about Sali was hard but he made it a mission to convince them.

" i don't know Joe, are you certain she's the right person for you? She was a house worker in this house for years son, you could have chosen better" his mother had argued when he told her about his relationship with Sali.

" mother, all my sisters and brothers married whoever they chose, why will it be different for me?" He asked his mother.

" well cause none of them chose a house girl Joe come on. Plus that girl has issues too. She didn't even say bye to us the last time she left. She cannot be trusted " his mother pointed out.

" well, am sorry to disappoint you mother, but Sali is a good person those issues you talking about are long gone and she's doing okey now. Besides, i don't even know why am even explaining myself here mom, i love her and none of you will change that. Please just accept her already. That girl has been through a lot and i don't want some mother in law drama in her life now. I want her to be happy and i know she will make me happy too cause she loves me. Atleast i know she loves me genuinely unlike those girls out there who are just after money." Joe stood on his point.

" well, its obvious nothing your mother and i will say will change your mind, just make sure you know what you are getting yourself into and don't come say we never told you. " his father sighed.

" thank you father. I will bring her here when the time is right." Joe smiled at his parents his mother shaking her head at him.

" am all dressed up now!" Sali announced snapping Joe from his thoughts.

" you look great my love, can i have my hug and kiss now?" Joe smiled standing and opening his arms to receive her.

" here you are silly, i missed you " Sali embraced him and slightly kissed his lips but he pulled her closer.

" that kiss is for your in-laws, can i have what i derseve? " Joe laughed holding her closer.

Sali smiled lifting her face to look at his. She lifted her self on her toes and held his neck kissing him deeper.

" mmmmm thats more like it my love" Joe smiled widely not letting her go.

" well, what brings a handsome man dressed in a full office suit to my house this time of the day?" Sali asked him.

" can't a man see his beloved woman at any time he wishes?" He teased pushing her hair off her face.

" nmmmmhmhmh, i don't know, on such a busy day, monday. Something isn't usual" she sighed pulling his hand and leading him to sit down.

" no love am not here to sit. I came to pick you up for lunch. I wanted to eat with my woman today " he shrugged. " and i have exactly 1 hour before my lunch time is over, can we leave now?" He amiled

" am all yours handsome, i will be crazy to defile such a handsome looking man's wishes" she laughed and walked to grab her shoes.

In a few minutes they settled at a poshy restraunt to eat. Their order came in a few minutes later as Joe had already called in the order before he went to pick Sali.

" Sali sat back ready to enjoy the meal and she opened the plate before her, expecting a delicious meal, just to see a small item sparking bright in the centre of the plate.

Shocked, she looked up at Joe's face just to see him go down the table kneeling before her.

" what is...?" She stammered realising what was going on.

" I saw this in some movie and i thought it was so romantic, i couldn't come up with my own ideas of how to do this" Joe started a wide smile on his face.

" Saliya Kalenga, will you marry me?" He asked his deep small eyes filled with passion and pure love.

" Joe, ... oh my God, Joe you will kill me!" Sali cried tears of joy in her eyes as the people around looked on.

" what do i say, you are too much my love." She cried even more, tears running down her face.

" say yes my love. You are the one after my heart and i want you to be mine forever!, will you marry me and make me the happiest man in Zambia?" Joe smiled still kneeling.

" yes!, yes i wll marry you. I love you Joe, i love you so much you amaze me" she shouted happily.

Joe slipped the engagement ring on her fingers and she stood up crying loudly this time pulling him up and throwing herself in his arms. He gradly held her closer and kissed her tenderly.

" thank you for accepting" he smiled in her face.

" wait" she laughed wiping her tears. " i have to go" she stepped back.

" what? Where? but we need to eat our food now!" Joe laughed holding her hand.

" i have to tell the girls , this is too much happiness for me alone my love, i have to go" she said impatiently making Joe laugh.

" come on love, the food is already served just sit down we eat then we will celebrate later!" He pulled her back.

Sali was over joyed, she couldnt hold still the knife and folk in her hands, she kept shaking until Joe decided to feed her instead.

Minutes later, Joe dropped her home promising to see her later in the evening after knocking off. He drove away happy and relieved. " well, thank you Lord Jesus she said yes " he whispered to himself as he went away.

That evening the girls sat together, Thandi had just knocked off. She threw herself on the couch sighing heavily.

" girls i want to take you out tonight. I don't care if its a monday." Sali who had waited for the moment to announce the good news announced cheerfully.

She stretched her hand to show off her ring.

" we need to celebrate!" She yelled loudly.

" he didn't! " Thandi exclaimed.

" yes he did guys and i said yes, i love him even more now!" Sali screamed happily.

" Oh Sali sweety you lucky fool!" Mattie teased pulling Sali into a hug and the girls went on saying how beetifiul the ring was.

" we are so happy for you Sali. Joe is a good man and you deserve him. After everything we have been through. This is God's bleesings shining on you" They uttered the words with admiration.

Mattie sat back quiet. " what's wrong now my love? You look sad" Sali asked sitting down next to Mattie.

" i wish i had fallen in love with a genuine man too. It hurts to love a jerk like Kelly. One i can't even have to myself" she shook her head.

" oh Mattie come on, you are still beautiful and young am certain you will find a good man who will love you with all your flaws too. Take heart" Thandi spoke to her calmly.

" yeah sure. I don't know, its so hard to forget him especially after the last meeting i had with him."

" what happened back there sweety?, you have never told us anything the past days. " Thandi asked her.

" its easier when you talk about it Mattie. Come on tell us what happened at the lodge in Kafue" Sali added as the girls both moved closer to her.

" and be fast too, i have an arranged Dinner with God knows who " Thandi sighed.

" mmm and who organised such for you?" Mattie asked.

" who else if not my crazy boss" Thandi frowned.

" no wonder i don't want a man. I dont like going for such ventures especially when am tired. I love my life as it is free from heart achs, no offense girls " she smiled looking at Mattie and Sali.

" none taken sweety. Sali here is the only one lucky with love." Mattie responded.

" and she derseves a girls time out. We need to celebrate your engagement Sali and the bill is on me. But not today. Lets make it friday" Thandi looked at Sali.

" yes ! Thanks love" Sali laughed.

" anyway i have minutes before i leave for that dinner. Now can you tell us what's up with you and that coloured dude" Thandi patted Mattie's hand.

" okey, i will tell you. No matter how painful it feels. I just want to forget him already." Mattie sat back placing her back on a soft pillow on the couch.

To be continued

Read more: www.youngicee.com/category/the-undisputed

2 Likes

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 03, 2018
Nice one.
I love your story.

1 Like

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by John944: 9:26am On Mar 03, 2018
Never seen a beautiful write-up lyk dis! @Tisa_phiri you are the best

1 Like

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2018

© Tisa Phiri

" Kelly, he confuses me" Mattie started.

" oh yea?" Sali nodded trying to encourage her to go on.

" yeah, i couldn't understand him. Why would a man take advantage of someone and later on claim he loves the person?. When he first told me at the hospital i felt good for a moment. But then i realised it wasn't what i wanted it to be.

When we both walked into the lodge he went mute on me like he had no idea why he even wanted me there. You know what i thought that second?" Mattie looked up.

Thandi and Sali looked on at her smiling.

" well, i thought he wanted to sleep with me once again. I asked what he wanted to tell me and threatened to leave but he held my hand back."

" Mattie, he started looking at me in a rather different way than he usually deed. It was like i was seeing that part of him for the first time. Not the Kelly full of lust and desire to sleep with me. But this time it was different, he had this deep tense look that made my insides move i had to look away." Mattie smiled as Thandi and Sali smiled too.

" what look?" Thandi asked, ofcourse Sali seemed to understand what she meant.

" i don't know how to call it. But at that instance i started believing his words.

He told me he loved me from the beginning but he too wasn't sure of himself. He said his body took the best of him and he forced himself on me. He went on to explain how much he regrets what happened there on and was willing to work so hard to make things better for me."

" but Mattie, what about Joy, his wife? " Sali asked concerned.

" yeah, thats right my friend. What about Joy?" Mattie sighed.

" i asked him and you know what he told me? He said his wife was just that, a wife. He never fall in love with her and he was certain Joy feels the same. Its like the two were arranged by their parents. Given that Joy was heart broken by her first love from some foreign country, Kelly said she agreed to marry him. He was quick to mention that the two got along well because they were friends before."

" Mattie, one thing is Kelly not being in love with Joy, but the fact is that he's married. How on earth is he going to work out his feelings for you? Besides that, are you going to be with him knowing he's married? " Thandi asked this time shifting in her seat.

Mattie shook her head sighing sadly.

" i hate to say this girls but i swear i fall in love with that man. He's all i have been thinking of the past days and i cannot get over the kiss we shared"

" oh no!. You kissed him?" The girls asked at the same time.

" i didnt see it coming. Kelly was on his knees begging me to give him time to figure out a way. He said he knew it was complicated but he asked me to hold on to the love i have for him, claiming he knew i felt something for him too.

I insisted he left me alone and went back to his wife. He then asked if he was laying about my feelings for him and i told him i felt nothing for him." Mattie paused

" then? " Sali asked.

" he stood lifting me up from were i sat and asked me to look into his eyes and tell him i didn't love him. I tried to, i did try to say but i couldnt hold myself. He knew i was lieing and just to prove it he pulled me into his arms and kissed me like he has never done before. I was so taken i kissed him back. It was the best moment of my life girls. He tasted so good i swear i didnt feel like he was married at the time. Thank God i quickly found myself before it was too late. " Mattie smiled closing her eyes as memories of the passionate kiss spread her mind.

" well, it was so inevitable given how crazy you already are about him" Sali teased giggling.

" what happened next?" Thandi asked after looking at her phone realising she was running late for her dinner meeting.

" well to sum up all. I told Kelly i loved him but i wasn't going to accept being with a married man. I honestly told him how i grew fond of his wife and kid and that no matter how much i felt for him, i am not going to entertain him in my life. He looked hurt quite alright but am sure he will be fine. He however told me with time he will prove his love for me. He asked me to give him time but i will work on forgetting him. It hurts but i have to right? " Mattie nodded her head sadly pushing back a strip of water clouding her eyes.

" yeah sweety thats the right way to go. Like i said ealier you are still young and beautiful. God will give you your own man and with time i believe you will forget about Kelly. Don't worry yourself okey?" Thandi patted her shoulders.

" yep! I only hope this feeling goes away soon. " Mattie lifted her shoulders.

" well, guys let me take a quick bath. I need to go to that dinner. Am certain am going to delay by a few minutes though" Thandi stood up.

" maybe Harold has arranged a hot guy for you! " Sali raised her voice at Thandi who was getting off her dress.

" oh no i hope not. Mine, like i always say is not a love story. I don't think i need any man right now. Maybe in future, but definitely not now. I don't know, i don't think i will make a good lover even, am always out and the kind of things my job requires sometimes is an issue too. I don't think i will find that man who will understand me anyway. " Thandi spoke walking to the bathroom as Sali and Mattie looked on.

" you know my greatest fear though?" She stopped brushing her teeth as she looked on her friends.

" what? " they asked in unison.

" well, since my step father started raping me. I fail to even look myself down there. I feel like am a mess and i fear what i would do if i engaged myself with a man and then he asks to sleep with me. No way" Thandi shook her head now trying to stop tears on her face as she told her friends the major reason she had not wanted to engage a man in her life. Her fear was still deep and every time she saw a man she liked, the very thoughts made her shiver and then she would lose all interest of getting closer to a man.

" oh sweety, am so sorry. That man was an animal. But you are not a mess down there believe me. You are so beautiful everywhere Thandi. Trust me, one will come who will love you as you are" Mattie held her wiping the tears that now rushed down Thandi's face.

" Mattie is right sweety. You can't shut yourself out like that for life. Open your heart to love someone, who knows that person might just be the one to help you heal" Sali added as they all hugged her.

" i don't know guys, i really dont know, but that aside" she sighed pushing them away.

" i have to concetrate on my Job now. Make the best of what i have. Plus i have you two beautiful souls. Your love is enough for me. I don't think i will allow a man to ever touch me again" Thandi smiled walking away.

Sali shook her head looking at Mattie who shrugged before they both sat back down feeling sad for Thandi.

" she's so delicate but strong outside. I know she will get better" Mattie murmered.

" she will " Sali agreed.

A few minutes later Thandi was saying bye to her friends as Harold's driver waited for her outside. As promised, Harold sent a driver to pick her to the meeting place.

She was quiet the entire way as she was driven to the meeting point lost in her mind she didnt realise they had stopped in front of Radisson blu.

" Ms, we are here" the driver spoke startling her.

" oh yeah, am sorry i just feel tired, well, thank you so much. You can stay around here i don't think i will take so much time in there" she smiled at the driver lifting her long dress she had on as she stepped out the car.

" take your time " The driver smiled.

Thandi smiled at him and grabbed her phone before walking to the entrance, glad she decided to wear pumps on her feet as she felt rather tired after a days work.

She looked around the tables to see a familiar face but she gave up trying concluding she had never seen whoever she was to meet before as no face looked any familiar.

" Good evening " she heard a voice call from behind her and she sprung around to see who it was.

" Good evening to you Sir" Thandi responded politely coming face to face with a figure light in complexion with a wide smile that showed off his neatly pilled clean teeth.

" call me Alex!" He smiled again.

" i bet you the person am meeting?" Thandi asked instead wanting to get going already. Nothing about his great features intrested Thandi anyway, so all she needed was to hear why she was set for that date and get back home sooner.

" yes i am, shall we sit?" Alex entended his hand leading the way to a table in the corner of the room.

Thandi looked around and saw a couple seated on their far right they kept smiling and giggling at each other. On the other side were two white men having their dinner and a set of couples further away near the counter. She turned back at Alex who just cleared her throat to get her attention.

" so um am... am a lawyer by profession, i just flew in the country but i have known you for some time now" Alex started straight up.

" hold on" Thandi sighed faking a smile.

" i was told this morning i had to come have dinner. I honestly didn't like the idea but i couldn't say no to Harold . So please, before we go any further, can you tell me what this is all about? " she looked at him and Alex looked down slightly embarrassed.

" yeah, you are right am sorry. " he looked up at her.

" Harold is my brother, we have been talking about you. I was away for some studies in England but i keep track of what my brother does here. He sends me magazines of his models and you caught my attention the first time i saw you.

Since then i have followed every record of your work and i am proud to say am pleased. You are beautiful and intelligent too. A true African beauty" he smiled at her.

" Okey? " Thandi asked after looking at him more like telling him to go on. Her heart not liking where it was going.

" i came back a few weeks ago and i have been watching you. I like you a lot and i persuaded my brother to arrange this meeting. The thing is i felt kind of shy to just come straight to you. Besides you completely ignored me the other day at the company. " he let a laugh.

Thandi looked at him questioningly trying to remember him.

" i was in Harold's office a week back when you walked in.." he reminded her.

" yeah, i remember you the funny guy that said something about my skin" she sighed recalling seeing a guy who kept staring at her as she talked to Harold and when she sarcastically asked why he kept staring he told her he was admiring her caramel skin tone. However, Thandi shook her head and walked away without making any comment. Of late she had come to understand that lots of men wanted to say one or two things about her body and she shoved them all away. Knowing the kind of thing she did was bound to attract such attention.

" am sorry i didn't take time to see you. Dont take it personal though. I rarely pay attention to what people, especially random men say. You know my Job" she shrughed casully.

" i understand don't worry" Alex smiled

" well?" Thandi asked

" tell me about yourself Thandi, i wanted to know you, i hope you don't feel offended by this arranged thing" Alex raised his eye blows.

" well you got that right i wish i was on my bed right now. Not with some crazy polished lawyer" Thandi thought to herself.

" oh no am not. I was just worried i had to meet a complete stranger and Harold didnt tell me of me meeting his brother " she managed to say at last.

" what do you want to know? It seems you know lots about me already" she shrugged sitting up as their table was being served.

" Tell me anything. Sometimes what we read and hear isn't the truth about people " Alex made a funny face.

For a minute Thandi was quiet. In her mind she re-lived the many times she had to endure at the hands of her step father. His face messing her mind she felt her hands ran cold. She felt her legs shake with what she couldn't understand whether it was rage or fear of the dark memories.

" are you okey?" Alex asked concerned.

" excuse me" Thandi pushed back the chair and rushed to the ladies room carrying her clutch bag.

She stood in front of the mirrow panting heavily her forehead developing some sweat. She pulled some tissue and wiped it away looking deeply at her scared eyes.

" oh God help me forget him" she sighed pushing away the images of her step father pouncing on her body.

She lifted her hand and she shaking terribly.

That usually happened whenever she remembered the past only this time she had to break down in front of a stranger.

She tried to calm herself down but she knew she wouldn't last there. Walking back to the table, the worried Alex stood up upon seeing her walk towards him.

" are you alright, you look pale" he asked.

" no i don't feel well at all. Am sorry but i have to go back home. Lets me again some other time" she told him.

" of course, let me take you home then" he moved to her side.

" i came with..."

" don't worry, he will go alone. I have to ensure you home and safe" Alex insisted as he held her shoulders leading her out to where he parked his car.

They drove in silence and when they were in front of Thandi's apartment, she stepped down slowly.

" can i help you in?" Alex asked

" no i honestly feel better now. Thank you for the ride. And sorry for the bad turn out" she stopped in front of him.

" yeah its okey. Just get well soon and i will see you soon," he smiled and said his good bye walking back to the car as Thandi walked to the door.

To be continued

Read the remaining episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-undisputed

2 Likes

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Smooth278(m): 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2018
Hooked... nice story
Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by itsandi(m): 5:29pm On Mar 03, 2018
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by DoreJoe(m): 3:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
Please don't keep us waiting for long
Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2018

© Tisa Phiri

Days went by and the girls got busy. Thandi working on some different contracts. Sali and Mattie managed to set up a fish shop in town and it was so far doing well. The girls were happy they doing fine.

" i have to leave now Mattie, Joe is outside" Sali stood up taking off the apron she was putting on top of her loose pink blouse and a black skirt that went slightly below her knees.

She had dressed to prepare herself going to see Joe's parents finally. Joe wanted them married in a month and she had no option but to face her fears. She knew Mrs Numba wouldn't so much approve of her even when Joe convinced her his parents were okey with it.

" i know you had a hard time convincing them my love. It's just that i love you and i really want you in my life that i will accept going to see them, otherwise i know your parents especially your mom wouldn't gladly accept me" Sali had argued.

" hey, don't keep that mam waiting outside. It will be okey. Just be yourself you have a king who cherishes you so much. That is enough to give you courage to take you through the time you will spend with your inlaws today" Mattie spoke to her .

" yeah, i guess so" Sali shrugged grabbing her bag.

" all the best!" Mattie shouted as Sali reached the door. Mattie was seated at the counter as the two boys they hired to help in the shop were busy serving customers.

" i needed that!" Sali raised her hand at her before walking out to Joe's car.

" my love!" Joe stepped out to open the door for her.

" hey! You okey?" Sali asked giving him a peck.

" never been better" Joe kissed her back.

" yeah you look happy and excited but am worried shit inside" Sali frowned.

" but Love, we talked about this last night. Are you having second thoughts of marrying me?" Joe asked a bit taken aback.

"No, come on love. You know you all i want. Its just that am scared of going back to your parent's house. I...."

" come on Saliya" Joe smiled calling her full name as he always did when he referred to her by her name.

" don't stress over that. Look on the brighter side of this. You already know them so it won't be a big deal to see them. You will know exactly how to take them" he smiled.

" yeah i guess you are right my love. Shall we go now?" She tried to smile.

Joe moved to the driver's seat and they drove off, she just couldn't settle down. Something felt so wrong about going to see Mrs Numba and she was so worried she felt she would get sick. Seeing how Happy Joe was as he kept rubbing her hand his other hand on the steering , she smiled to show she was calm meanwhile she was so sick inside.

That feeling that something was terribly wrong didn't leave her since the time Joe made a date for them to go see his parents for a formal introduction. She kept having bad dreams and of late she couldn't help recall the death of that man who wanted to rape her.

" hey!" Joe patted her hand.

" did you get i thing of what i just said?" He asked her seeing she didn't pay attention to him.

" yeah i heard you love" Sali lied clearing her throat.

" okey, what did i say?" Joe asked her.

Sali looked at him and shook her head chuckling.

" am sorry, yeah you caught me, i wasn't listening" she told him.

" Love, what is it just tell me. You don't look okey" Joe stopped the car away from the road.

" i love you Joe, i trully do and i want to marry you even today if possible. Its just that i have a bad feeling about going to your parent's i cant help it" she finally told him the truth.

" babe, come here" Joe drew her closer to him.

" There's nothing to worry about now come on. I already told you they are okey. Please don't do this to me" he touched her lips passionately. I want you to feel okey. We will get through this together okey?" He smiled kissing her.

Sali held him back too, " i know, thank you. I guess am just being silly and acting like a child. I love you" she smiled and he nodded kissing her again.

" can we move on now?" He asked turning the ignition keys.

Upon reaching the house, Mrs Numba stood outside to welcome them with a wide smile which Sali still wasn't convinced was genuine.

They were ushered inside and to her surprise they found some unfamiliar faces of two men seated in the living room.

Looking around the house she had lived and worked in before brought some memories back but Sali tried to concentrate on why they went there.

After greetings she sad down wrapping a chitenge around her skirt. "You are welcome again Sali, its been a while and you have changed so much" Mrs Numba smiled.

" in a good way " she added

" i would say i was surprised when my son told me about you. I first thought it was a joke, but now i see he was being serious" she went on making Sali look down. Her tone wasn't the pleased one she could tell.

" so what do you do now?, still working as house help" she asked her.

" mother stop!" Joe responded this time his tone firm.

" no its okey love" Sali tried to smile.

" no mam, i now own a fish store in town" she answered proudly.

" oh okey, fish seller thats something " Joe's mother shrugged looking at Joe.

Joe's father who was quiet all this time cleared his throat. "Okey sonny, so when do you two intend to marry?" He asked his eyes on Joe.

Joe smiled sitting up, he held Sali's hand.

" well father, we planning next month"

" next month ? So soon?" Mrs Numba burged in shocked.

" yes mother, why wait. I am no child and i need my woman by my side you know" he smiled looking at Sali who kept her head down.

" I see" his father spoke.

" well am sorry to cut your joy short sonny, you are not going to marry Sali, atleast not any time soon. Unless you willing to wait for her for years" he expalined as Mrs Numba smiled happily Sali was shaking. Her fears coming alive again. She had sensed the two men where not there for anything to favour her.

" you see these men here," Mr Numba continued before Joe could get the chance to ask him what he meant.

" they are officers from the Zambia Police, someone reported our Sali here for murder" he sat back challengingly.

" you joking right? " Joe looked at his father then the two officers with a laugh.

" no sir, your fiance here killed a man years ago and hid it. The report came in last week and we followed it up to find indeed she was here at the time of that man's death. He was your neighbour here" the police man explained.

Sali was astonished, she was shaking tears in her face already running down and dropping on her blouse.

" no that man was a drug addict and drunkard, they said he died out of an overdose" Joe argued now standing up.

" thats what we all thought sir, until a woman reported that she overheard Sali and her friends talking and Sali admitted to having killed the man, how? we are not certain yet." The man added.

" babe, tell them this is a lie" Joe walked to Sali.

" tell them you have never killed anyone, please tell these men they have a wrong person" Joe cried holding Sali's hands as he knelt before her.

" am sorry my love" she started crying out loudly now.

" oh no!" Joe shook his head moving back and landing himself to the floor.

" am sorry, i didn't mean to kill him. The man wanted to rape me and i don't know what happened he just fall down before me and died." Sali cried

" why, why didn't you tell me this Saliya?" Joe held his head.

" we were going to get married in a month, when were you going to tell me about this? " he asked.

" i was scared, i wanted to but i was so scared Joe. The girls and i thought it was all in the past and i was so scared to tell you. I didn't mean to hurt you Joe i swear. I was only 15 and i had no control over what was going on in my life. Am sorry my love" Sali went down close to Joe.

" sorry Ms but you have to come with us" the officers stood up.

" am so so sorry Joe. Please forgive me" she tried to hold him but the police officers held her up cuffing her hands from behind.

Mrs Numba looked down as Sali turned to her. Mr Numba kept shaking his head as Joe's face kept down he couldn't look up at her.

" lets go mam, we will go after your friends now for concealing a murder." The policeman told her as they led her to the car outside.

" please leave them out of this its not their fault" she cried.

" well, it it a crime to hide a crime from the authorities. Am sorry they will too pay for this " he responded

" you murderer you killed my son and i swear God will purnish you!" Came the voice of a woman Sali recognised as the mother to the man who died.

" am sorry, your son wanted to rape me and ...."

" stop saying that you killer, you killed him and you deserve the punishment coming for you!" The woman silenced Sali and she sat down the car her cuffed hands on her laps.

She looked back at the house and saw Joe standing inside by the window his face wet. She cried the hot tears running down her face. What was so painful was the disappointed look on Joe's face. She knew that was the end of her love story. She had hurt so bad the only man she had come to love with everything she had. Now that she was probably going to spend the rest of her life in jail, she knew the chances of ever setting her eyes on him were all gone.

" please Lord, help him get better" she whispered a prayer as the car moved away from the yard she turned to look back at him still standing by the window.

Mattie looked at her watch for the 5th time. Sali was supposed to have gone back to help her close the shop but it was almost 20 hours in the evening with no sign of her.

" oh Sali, you want to spend a night at Joe's place without telling us?" She asked herself searching for her contact and dialing her number but it went unanswered. She tried again but nothing, infact the line went dead, the third time she tried to call it was off.

" hey sweety! Still here, i thought i would pass through and pick you up " Thandi who was now driving an Allion walked to the shop as Mattie talked to herself worried about Sali.

" oh Thandi glad you are here. Sali is not yet back and i have tried her line. Now its off she has not picked up, am worried. She said she would be back before evening but look at the time now " Mattie shook her head.

" yeah thats bad. She always keeps us updated if she's delaying." Thandi sighed.

" yeah.let me try Joe's line. Maybe Sali has put her phone in the bag and it has gone off." Mattie frowned.

" yeah do that" Thandi agreed.

" what? " she asked seeing how worried Mattie looked.

" its off " she shrugged looking at the screen.

" are you sure? Thats odd" Thandi took out her phone trying to call too.

" oh my God, am sick worried now. Where is this girl. She needs to be there at my crowning ceremony tommorow. " Thandi sat on a stool.

" anyway, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Shes probably decided to give herself to her man tonight. She just wants to surprise us with the news tommorow. Lets go home Joe will surely bring her back" Mattie sighed lifting her hand bag.

" yeah lets pray that's the case Mattie. That girl better turn up. I need you both at the function tommorow." Thandi pushed herself down the long stool as Mattie closed the shop windows and they later walked out after locking the doors.

To be continued

If you can't wait, follow the link to read all the episodes - www.youngicee.com/category/the-undisputed

2 Likes

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2018

© Tisa Phiri

" Joy! , Joy!" Kelly screamed his wife's name as he banged the bedroom door open.

Joy who sat on the dressing mirrow preparing for her trip out looked back at her yelling husband's furious face , she almost burst out laughing knowing the cause of his outburst before he could even say a thing.

" how could you ! " Kelly panted throwing the car keys on the bed.

" hey hey! Please can you stop yelling at me kelly am not a kid, tell me what this madness is all about?" She teased him standing up to him as he frowned besides her.

" you have the guts to ask me that when you damn know well what you have done. What did those poor girls ever do to you? I told you about what happened just so you stop accusing that innocent girl of seducing me. I am the one after her and have always been from the start and..... you are so unebelievable Joy!" Kelly scolded her failing to finish his initial statement.

" well, to start with Justice had to be served Kelly, a man was killed here. Or what? They thought they would burry such a huge crime and move on like nothing ever happened? " Joy made a face at her husband and walked o the wardrobe taking out her clothes after throwing off the towel she had around her body.

" oh now you are the judge huh? You couldn't help it. Do you even have an idea what those innocent gilrs have been through? Oh God, i can't believe you can be so cold." Kelly spat angrily grabbing the clothes Joy just got from the closet amd throwing them on the bed. As she smiled proudly for what she did.

" please Kelly i have had enough of this. First you go after that Mattie, forgeting the vows we made. Then you want to help them conceal a murder case. Well i did you a favour, they could have jailed you for not informing the Police. So instead of yelling at me, you ought to be thanking me" she responded calmly.

Kelly shook his head. " Joy, i don't believe you can be like this, you don't even love me for crying out loud. You always on phone with that white Jerk of yours. You think i don't know how he travels to come see you here? You think i don't know whats going on just because i dont say a thing huh?. I told you lets end this scam of a marriage already. I love Mattie and you love someone else. Why would you want to complicate things for me?" Kelly panted angrily.

" Kelly Roberts, am not going to divorce you today, Tomorrow or ever, you married me. I don't care what you think you know about my affairs but one thing is for sure. Am not leaving all this" she paused raising her hands around the room

" mmmhmhmh am not leaving it for that maid" she smiled pulling up a skin jean from her legs.

" you have crossed the line Joy and i swear you will pay for this. Am going to fight for her and her friends to come out of Jail and and when shes finally out, am not going to need your permission to be with her. Its over! You hear? This your stupid game is over! We are done!" Kelly yelled as he walked out the room leaving Joy rooted to one point her blouse still hanging in her hands.

" we will see about that. Lets see how you get them out of prison!" She yelled back raising her head in the hope that Kelly gets her as he had already banged the door.

Kelly got in the car furious. He couldn't contain the anger. He had gone to check on Mattie as it had become a trend. He always passed through her shop to just see her from a distance. Seeing how well she was doing made him happy. He fought the urge to go closer to her, the fear of her warning for him to stay away.

Kelly was made to tell his wife the whole truth about Mattie in the hope she would understand him. Now he was regretting it all.

Recalling the time he went to see Mattie, the boys he found working there told him she wasn't going there that day. Telling him she had some function to attend for her friend and Kelly had left.

He went back thinking he would pass through the following day but was told Mattie was arrested. He rushed to the police station to go and confirm it, to his dismay the officers confirmed that the girls were arrested.

" Kelly, what are you doing here?" Mattie asked when she walked out to see the visitor she was told had come to see her.

" hey Mattie, how are you doing?" Kelly asked instead pulling her into a hug.

Mattie broke down in front of him. The pain of what was happening to her and her friends coming out as he held her closer.

" am sorry Mattie. I didn't know Joy will do this. I just wanted her to understand no wonder i told her everything. I never knew she would report you to the police " Kelly rubbed her back still holding her in an embrace.

Mattie stepped back her eyes wide open.

" oh so you told your wife to report us? You jerk! Have i not paid enough for this already!?" Mattie cried.

" no no, please understand i never told her to report you. I just...."

" yeah you told her the truth right?, even after making me pay for all this to be hidden. Well Kelly, congratulations! " she smiled with a teasing laugh.

" bravo! You have succeeded in destroying my life. You taken away part if my life as if that weren't enough now you have just taken away my freedom" she shook her head sadly.

" Mattie you have to understand, i couldn't have done anything to hurt you. I love y....."

He couldn't complete his sentence and she slapped his face.

" stop coming here Kelly. I told you stay away from me. If you had listened i and my friends couldn't have found ourselves in this. Well now you have gotten what you wanted. You and your wife have yourselves to each other so please never come close to me again!" She shouted heading back to the cell as Kelly tried to beg her to hear him out.

" what is it Mattie?" Thandi and Sali received her as she was locked back in the cell.

" who came ?" They both asked seeing how much she was crying.

" that Jerk, that son of a devil had the audacity to come and tell me to my face his wife reported us. How could he? He lied that he loved me and yet went to tell what we have tried to hide for years to his wife. " she said tears running down her face.

" i knew it" Thandi frowned. " there is no one else except Kelly who knew about this. Sad enough he had to tell his jealousy wife ". Thandi sat back

"Its all my fault guys i could have reported myself years back and paid for my crime instead of putting you guys in this situation." Sali cried holding her face as she leaned on the wall.

Mattie and Thandi went to sit closer to her, " don't do this to yourself Sali, remember we promised each other that whatever comes our way we'll face it together. There is a reason God brought us together. Remember we are the undisputed " Mattie rubbed her back.

"Yeah" Thandi argreed "i think its even better we are together inside these cells,imagine if you were alone" Thandi teased, they all smiled tearly.

" oh God, i hope this night mare comes to an end soon." Sali shook her head.

" i don't know how Joe is doing, am sure he hates me now. "

" no that man loves you Sweety, he's just hurt and am almost certain he will show up here." Thandi tried to comfort her.

" i don't know Thandi, he looked so broken, i have never seen him that devastated. I don't know if he will ever want to have anything with a murderer " Cried Sali as the other cell mates watched on.

" you are not a murderer Sali. Dont say that. We hope God will show us a miracle foe us to leave this hell" lamented Mattie.

The girls sat silently each one lost in their own tboughts. Thandi thinking of how crushed her life would be now that the media was talking about her detainsion.

She recalled how excited she was the day she was to be clowned as the Model of the year at the association. Owing to what she had acheived in a short period with her hard work.

She woke up that morning feeling great. Her dress hanging in the closet she stood their watching it.

A long cocktail emarald green dress with straps made of silver. She smiled to herself, it was perfect for a perfect day.

" are you still admiring that dress or you are taking me to get my own now? " Mattie had walked in.

" let me just take a quick bath sweety, any news on Sali?" She asked her.

" no, i have not tried her line this morning." She responded

"Call her on my cell" Mattie called out as she walked to the bathroom.

" i can't get through to her Thandi. But Joe has responded." Mattie followed her.

" okey, what is he saying ? Did she sleep at his place?" Thandi asked opening the shower.

" that's the problem, he told me his on his way here and he didn't mention anything about Sali. This is making me sick i swear"

" lets hope....." Thandi didnt finish her sentence and they heard a loud knock on the door.

She looked at Mattie who shrugged. "He's probably the one, he said he's close" Mattie responded.

"We are looking for Thandiwe and Matilda" the police officer told Mattie.

" Am Matilda. Is there a problem officer?" She asked surprised her heart racing.

Just then Thandi walked to the door too still wrapped in her gown.

" is he the one?" She asked pulling open the door and froze upon seeing two police officers standing outside.

" Thandiwe i presume " one of them sighed looking at Thandi.

" whats going on here?" She asked looking at Mattie then back at the officers.

" you are both under under arrest for working in collaboration and concelling of a criminal offence of murder, of Mr kunda Mulenga. Anything you say will be held against you in the courts of law......" the man read their charge shocking the girls as they realised what was going on.

" you have to come with us, your Friend was already arrested yesterday." He continued casually.

" can i atleast put on my clothes?" Thandi asked shaking with combination of fear and loss of hope . Just when she was getting her life somewhere things had to turn out that way.

She changed into some loose slack and a t- shirt , and made a quick call to her boss.

" Harold, come to central Police i have been arrested" she told him and cut the line before he could ask any more questions.

As they were led to the police vehicle, Joe drove in.

" so this is what you wanted to tell us in person eeh?" Thandi asked him.

" am sorry" was all he said and watched as the police led them away a few people from the apartments next door watching in shock.

That morning, Harold had rushed to the police headquarters in the company of his brother Alex.

" what happened Thandiwe? You are supposed to be at that important function tonight " Harold asked worried.

" Am sorry, i don't know what to tell you. Maybe this is the end of us after all. We fought so hard to get here but life keeps pushing us to the wall" she sobbed.

She told them what happened, Harold shook his head. " Oh Thandi you and your friends shouldn't have hidden the truth. Sali was young then, and am sure she didn't touch that man to kill him from the way you are describing it. The law could have favoured her given the state of that man. He was on drugs." Alex told her.

" well, what do you expect? We were just little girls, we were scared given everything we had to go through at tender ages. We had no option" she cried.

" its alright, let me see what i can do to get you out of here. You can't be locked up here you have your career to prosper out there" Alex held her hand.

" i will give you whatever money you will charge even if it means giving away every dime i have saved up, so you get my friends and i from this hell hole" she told him.

" don't worry, i will do my best. Let me see what i can do after studying the case more." Alex smiled.

" thank you" she nodded.

So here they were, 3 days inside the police cells withlittle hope of getting out. Mattie and Sali had told their workers to sell all the fish and close the shops.

With the help of Harold and his brother, they managed to get something out of the remaining stock but it surely didn't match how much they had expected.

" Thandiwe! You have visitor " the officer called out startling Thandi from her thoughts.

She walked out just to see Alex standing at the waiting point, he wore a natural smile, she wondered what it was that made him smile when all she was feeling was the heavy burden of spending sleepless nights in jail.

" hey!" He called out

" hey" she sighed sitting down.

" so?" She asked him straight up.

" well, there's good news and bad news" he announced.

Thandi looked at him for a second and her face went down again.

" whats the bad news?" She asked without looking at him.

To be continued

Source : www.youngicee.com/category/the-Undisputed

2 Likes

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Dessydemmy: 9:55am On Mar 06, 2018
Im in love with you dear(make my husband no hear o). God bless you, you write real good and im following bumper to bumper. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 11:55am On Mar 06, 2018

© Tisa Phiri

"The good news is that the Judge agreed to grant you bail" Alex announced making Thandi look up at him.

" okey, whats the bad news?" She asked sighing.

" well" Alex paused, the bail will be granted to the three of you given the conditions of the case, but its a murder so it will cost a lot." Alex shrugged.

" how much are we talking about here?" She frowned wanting him to tell him everything at once the suspense adding to her irritation.

" the judge charged 10 thousand for you and Mattie and a 20 for Sali who is directly involved with the murder. " Alex told her.

" what? 40 thousand for bail? Are you joking right now? Where do we get that kind of money from inside here." She shook her head.

" that was the best i could negotiate for you guys. He initially charged more than 50 thousand. But not to worry so much. I can try find sonething, unfortunately i just started working you know that. I can't afford a cash amount of that value in a day. I will need to run around to find the remaining balance. "

" no you won't! Am already owing you for the bill of the services you are already doing here. I was hoping what i have can suffice the charge. Now the coming of this bail amount is really going to be hard. No i can't allow you to pay all that for me Alex.. i...."

" stop Thandi, i know how you have pushed me away the past months. For some reason you won't look at me in the way i look at you but just beacuse you don't feel the same for me does not mean i stop caring about you. You know i care so much about you. I like you a lot and if this is my chance to prove myself to you am going to do it. So please stop being stubborn and allow me to help you here. You are in jail for crying out loud, how do you think you will sort out your problems? " Alex held her hand looking staright at her as he spoke.

Thandi was quiet, she knew there was some truth in what he was saying. But the feeling that she was taking advantage of his feelings for her made her even want to avoid any help from him. She knew deep down her heart she was not ready for him. Thinking of how hard it was going to be to refuse him after all that, made her hesitate even more.

" okey fine Alex, the truth is i don't want to be indebted to you. I hate to say this but am not ready for any man in my life and am afraid you will end up hurt with hopes of me getting on track" she told him honestly.

" i know," Alex smiled rubbing her hand gently.

" Mattie told me part of your story and i understand. Not to worry though. Am a patient man and i can promise you this, when the time comes, i will not need to ask you for anything, you will give it all to me without hesitation" he smiled widely.

Thandi felt irritated with his optimism, " how dare you!" She scremed in her head. " Dont worry you self filled man, am not going to fall for you " she shouted in her head her eyes on him.

" okey fine," she spoke up sitting up and pulling her hands away.

"Fine?" He asked still smiling

" you can help us Alex, but i promise i will pay you back. Am going to ensure i work hard to make enough to pay back. Am waiting for a payment from...."

" stop Thandi, just stop now!" Alex looked at her seriously.

" can you please stop this please. We won't be discussing it anymore. So how much do you have in cash so that i can start from there" he asked.

" i left a 7 thousand in my account, let me ask what the gilrs can add on we might be able to do a 15 approximately" Thandi responded.

" good, that can do if you can just give me the details on how i can get that money today so that tomorrow you guys can be out of here" Alex nodded with assurance.

" thank you so much Alex. I don't know what we could have done without you" she looked at him.

" just be fine for me okey? I dont want you to be out of order the time you will become mine" he teased with a laugh.

Thandi laughed too for the first time shaking her heard.

" forget it Alex. Its not happening any time soon" she answered.

" well, a man can have his dreams right?" He smiled at her.

" okey so tell me now, what are our chances of winning this case?" She finally asked him.

" well, am trusting the fact that the law does not consider the issue of magic and witchcraft. My only defence must be based on the fact that even if the man died in her presence, there was no physical contact to the his body which would incriminate Sali. Don't worry yourselves though, i will try my best to have all of you acquitted. I just need time to study the case and lay my defence well after i seriously talk to your friend. " Alex explained.

" sounds good. I really hope all this will come to an end soon. Its been a rough patch since way back. I hope this time God will grant us the time to rest and be at peace finally. " Thandi sighed.

As Alex went to his car in the parking lot, Kelly rushed to him.

" good afternoon!" He greeted him upon catching up before Alex could get in his car.

" my name is Kelly Roberts, i know the girls you are representing. Mattie is..., let me just say a person i care so much about and i would want to know how the case is going" he explained.

" nice to meet you Mr Roberts. I was made to understand that your wife reported them to the police" Alex looked at him after placing the file ge had in his hands in the car.

" unfortunately yes, but i wouldn't do anything to put them in this situation. I need to know if there's anything in can do to help them" Kelly went on comfortably leaning on Alex's vehicle. After Alex explained the situation.

" yeah, actually if you care as much as you are saying it, you can help them get bail" He nodded.

" okey, how much are we talking about here?" Kelly asked.

" well, the total is 40 Ks, am still running up and down myself i could have helped but am kind of short on cash. Thandi said she can provide a 7 thousand and told me she will ask the girls if they have anything to add on. Right now i was thinking of running around to find the remaining balance" Outlined Alex as Kelly nodded his heard listening.

" good, don't tell the girls especially Mattie cause right now she's pissed with me. But i will give you the remaining balance to cover for the bail. Use whatever you wanted to add on to run around as you work to get them out. Its all that matters right now. Those girls honestly needs a break. They have been through hell already. "

" well said man, will see you soon, this is my card in case of anything. If i can have the money by evening so that first thing tomorrow we can both go and bail them out" Alex smiled feeling relieved.

" yeah sure. By the way Mr..." Kelly looked at the card in his hands to check his name.

" call me Alex" Alex smiled.

" yeah, will see you soon Alex" Kelly extended his hand to shake Alex's hand.

The following morning as promised, the guys met up and paid the bail charge for the girls to be released. Mattie was still upset with Kelly but seeing him outside as they were released made her feel for him. He was on his down side his face to the ground.

" hey sweety, let me see him" she told Sali who was closer to her as they walked to Alex's vehicle. Thandi and Alex walked ahead of them.

" hey!" She greeted him as she aprroached Kelly .

" hey!" He smiled looking up at her.

" can i hug you?" He asked her with a grinn on his face.

" am still mad at you for letting us out to your wife. But thanks for what you have done for us. Alex told Thandi and i made her tell me the truth about the bail. she shrugged placing her hands in the jeans she had on.

" so yeah for that, you earned a hug" she nodded her head.

Kelly pulled her in a hug and held on to her as he felt her soft heart beat.

" am happy you are out of that place. I pray you won't be going back inside there. " he added rubbing her back gently.

They were still in an embrace when a sharp voice yelled from Kelly 's back.

" i knew it, that money you withdrew yesterday was to bail this maid out!" Joy yelled as she approached them startling them both and Mattie withdrew stepping back.

" Joy, what the hell are you doing here?" Kelly asked her facing her as she stood tall on black heels and a white slim dress that outlined her body structure.

" well, i noticed my husband got the family money, i had to find out what the use was. I should have known that you wanted to spend what is meant for us on these killers" she made a face looking at Mattie from head to toe.

" i took you as a sister Mattie, you slept in my home and i fade you, how do you repay me? " Joy chuckled.

" by sleeping with my husband" she raised her hands.

" Joy its not..." Mattie wanted to speak but Kelly stood her back and faced his wife.

" stop this nonsense Joy. None of this is Her fault and you damn know that for sure. Now if have nothing sensible to say here we are done. Go back home, cry yourself to sleep or call your boyfriend to comfort you for all i care. Cause i will not let you make a fool out of us here. We are not in some kind of circus." He firmly told off his wife and pulled Mattie's hand before she could protest and walked her to his car.

" am taking you home now, you need to rest" he looked at her when Mattie protested that she was to go with her friends who were waiting for her some meters away in Alex's car.

" Mattie get in the car now!" He ordered seriously ignoring his wife who was shooting some stare at him.

" and you, the next time you follow me around like a fool, help me God!" He whispered angrily and stepped forward to open the door for Mattie.

He raised his hand to give an indication for Alex to drive on. " are you okey?" He looked at Mattie who sat speechless in his front seat. Confused with what was happening. She had no time to process everything. " what is he thinking sidelining his wife and choosing me instead publicly? " she asked herself.

" no Kelly am not okey, how could you do that? Joy is your...."

" stop talking Mattie if you have nothing to say. Do you have any idea what that woman has done to me? I have been honesty with her from the beginning. I told her all the truth about how i feel about you even though she betrayed me afterwards. What does she do? she gets pregnant for a white guy and he refuses to have kids. Joy agrees to marry me cause definitely i have the coloured genes, fitting me as the right candidate to be the father to her child. The only reason she agreed to marry me even when she too well knew she loved that white guy was to make me her cover for her shame. As though that is not enough, she goes back to him under my nose. So please i don't want to talk about Joy with you or anyone" he sighed calming himself down.

Mattie was puzzled, she somehow understood his sad face that morning. She recalled he wasnt that way the day before when he talked with her. Whatever revelation must have come the previous night but she didn't want to ask. She leaned back her head and looked ahead wanting to get home and have a good long bath and sleep. She felt so tired.

" thank you so much for helping us out Alex" Sali told Alex as he drove them.

" Don't mention it Sali, you guys deserve better and i told Thandi i will fight hard to make sure you are not taken back in" he smiled at her.

" God will bless you. You are a good man Alex, you remind me of someone i know." She sighed sadly thinking of Joe.

" he's at home waiting for you." Alex responded looking into the mirrow to see her from the back.

" what? How? But i thought...." Sali stammered not believing Alex.

" yes Sali, i have met him twice now, he's always up to date with your case. I bet he wasn't jusy ready to face you yet, so he stayed in the back ground. But i told him you will be out today and he promised to wait at your house this morning " Alex went on.

Sali was quiet, she was convinced Joe was gone for good. Hearing he was waiting for her gave her hope, she thought if only she could see his face again, that would ease her pain. She decided she wasn't going to push him to herself given the circumstances. After all, she thought, if things turned out bad for her, he was to move on with his life.

" are you okey?" Thandi turned back from the front seat looking at Sali.

" yeah" she gave a quick response and wiped the tear that had formed in her eyes.

" its going to be okey Sali. He still loves you" Thandi pulled her hand.

" yea" she sighed again and sat back letting Thandi's hand go.

She looked up as they got to the yard and her heart raced seeing Joe standing by his car. He looked at them drive in and when the vehicle finally stopped, she was rooted on the seat. She couldn't move as he looked on at her. Just her tears made a movement as they fall down her cheeks. She could hear the doors bang as Thandi and Alex got out but she made no move herself.

" Sali!" Thandi patted her hand but she couldn't respond.

To be continued

Read more here: www.youngicee.com/category/the-undisputed

3 Likes

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by itsandi(m): 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2018

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Pearl05(f): 6:23pm On Mar 06, 2018
What a story. Girls for that matter.

1 Like

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Ayoshewa12(f): 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2018
This is serious o sad sad sad
Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Oyinprince(m): 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2018

© Tisa Phiri

" hey Sali!" Joe called out walking towards the car seeing how she wasn't moving.

She opened her mouth to say something but closed it right back. His facial expression was unreadable, she couldnt tell whether he was still mad at her or he was feeling sympathy.

" come on my love, you are home now, lets go inside " Joe held her hand

" my love?" Sali sniffed surprised he called her that after what happened.

" i wanted to tell you, i swear i tried but i was so scared, i thought you would leave me that am not a good person. I didnt know the man would die on me.. i was just... i ..." she burped crying out.

" come here" Joe pulled her close instead. " i know you didn't mean to and am sorry i let you go like that. I missed you so much love. Nothing will change the way i feel about you, i can't tell my heart to stop loving you because of a mistake or an assumption from the past. " Joe held her face up.

" you are not mad at me?" She smiled amid tears.

" i was but i can't help it. I love you" he smiled at her. " we will do this together from now onwards , okey?, Am not leaving you alone anymore."

" Come on lets join everyone inside" Joe pulled her down still holding her.

They walked in smiling following Mattie and Kelly who went before them.

They all sat down Joe still holding Sali, he sat on the arm of the couch where she sat. Thandi lifted her legs folding her knees as she sat on the couch opposite were Sali and Joe where, Alex taking up the space next to her.

On the other single couch, Sat Kelly who looked quite and lost in thoughts.

Mattie didnt sit. With all the spaces occupied she decided to stand her head leaning on the wall on the door way to the kitchen.

" I don't even know how to thank you gentlemen for being here for us, Alex for working so hard to get out on bail and Kelly, " she paused looking at Kelly who was still looking absent minded, " thank you for giving us all that money to match up what we needed to afford the bail. Joe, my ever loving bro in-law" she smiled teasing him as she always called him.

" even though you almost jerked out on my Sali, am so glad you are here for her and us" she smiled looking at Sali and back at Mattie.

" we are so blessed to have you all. Its always been the three of us and now we have come to cross paths with you all and am glad you have shown us that there are still good people around this world" she giggled making some gestures as she spoke.

" yeah Thandi has said it all. Thank you guys, whatever reasons you have for helping us we appreciate it" Mattie added looking at Kelly as she spoke.

" love!" Alex, who seemed to talk more amongst the guys responded with a laugh.

" love?" Thandi looked at him questioningly.

" yes love, Thandi, you should know that we are here because each one of us feel love for you girls" he smiled looking straight at her seated next to him.

" well, am happy too and the most grateful of all being the cause of...."

" if you say that again i swear i will slap your stupid face Sali!" Mattie raised her voice making everyone laugh.

" well, i really feel like my whole body was dipped in dirt, am going to take a long bath as you two start preparing something to eat. We need to feed these sweet souls" Thandi stood up waving her hands at the guys as she mentioned the word 'sweet souls'.

" i thought 3 days in police cells would make you change your altitude towards cooking you lazy girl " Sali scolded her laughing.

" we will cook as you girls wash up" Alex suggested standing up and rubbing his hands.

" yeah great idea man, lets show them men can cook too" Joe agreed standing too.

"" no ways man, am not burning myself in the kitchen" Kelly responded atleast wearing a smile this time his facial expression easing up.

" don't worry Kelly, you can do the cutting, while we deal with the heat and pots" Joe laughed pulling him up like they have been friends for some time.

The gilrs laughed shaking their heads.

" well, we left everything in there. You guys can do the honours" Mattie pointed at the kitchen.

The girls went on to take baths, as the guys went to the kitchen. They could hear them laugh and talk as they bathed.

" well, what now?" Sali asked as she applied lotion on her body.

" what do you mean?" Mattie asked pulling down a body top.

" well, i know we have to wait for the outcome of the courts. But am talking about those men in there. Kelly loves you Mattie i don't know how you are going to pull it together with the issue of him being married. On the other hand, Alex is single and we all now see how he looks at you Thandi" Sali giggled.

" well forget about me guys, i told you am not going out with him" Thandi sighed placing her head on a pillow, she was fully dressed in a loose jumpsuit.

" why not, the guy is single, educated and good looking too." Mattie replied.

" well am not doing it forget it guys. Am not ready and its not fair i make someone wait for me to get hold of myself, when he can have someone else out there to cherish him. No, he seems okey but am not dating him" she shrugged holding another pillow close.

Mattie went on telling them what Kelly said about his wife before. Explaining why he was seemingly sad.

" poor Kelly " Sali shook her head.

" yeah poor him" Mattie sighed sitting down.

" its been a long three days i really hope we won't go back to the cells" said Mattie.

Sali spoke up, " well guys, i am not certain about my tomorrow. I might get a long sentence in prison so..." she paused looking at her friends

" okeeeey!" Thandi sat up.

" am going to give myself to Joe today" Sali spoke straight up.

" Sali you want to.... oh God" Mattie looked at her.

" please let me do this, what do i have to loose anyways, here i was thinking am going to be his at our wedding night but now am not sure he's even going to marry me after this. His family is obviously talking him out of our marriage. Who would blame them, am just a poor girl with some history of witchcraft and murder. Please guys let me not die without having a moment to hold on to, a part of him that will take me through what awaits me in future" Sali spoke with a note of sadness in her voice.

" Sali, oh sweaty. Come on, dont say that. Alex said we might all get out free. We have to be optismistic" Mattie stood to hold her.

Thandi added, " yeah she's right. We have come a long way and we can't just end up like that after everything we have been through. Please God give us a break on this please!"

" but if you think you are ready to give yourself to him sweety, we won't stop you provided you are happy, we are in support of you. Joe is a good man and am sure he won't change his mind any time soon. Enjoy yourself love" Mattie spoke.

" yeah sure Sali......" Thandi couldn't finish her sentence and they heard a knock on the door.

" we are done here. Are you girls okey?" Came Alex's voice.

" yeah we are out in a minute!" Thandi responded.

" he's a bit loud!" Thandi whispered to her friends and they giggled not raising their voices.

" he's a lawyer remember! But so sweet" Mattie hit her shoulders and they all laughed as they left the bedroom to join the men in the other room.

An hour later,they were done eating and Alex left first. Telling them he had to go through his work place that afternoon and see Harold afterwards to brief him on the case.

Sali asked to leave with Joe, wincing at her friends as she said her good bye. Even though she was a little bit tired, she felt she needed some time alone with her man and talk over their issue calmly and properly.

" will bring her back before its too late" Joe told them.

" yeah, last time you said that she was put in jail" Mattie teased.

It was all silent after the three left. Thandi, Mattie and Kelly who seemed relaxed to leave sat quitely in the living room.

" am going to lay down now, i can use some sleep" Thandi excused herself.

" thanks again Kelly" she looked at him.

" rest well my dear i will soon leave too. " he smiled

" take your time" Thandi chuckled her eyes focused on Mattie.

" well, i should probably go now, everyone has" Kelly looked at Mattie.

" can i talk to you for a while? I mean if you are okey with it" she added quickly.

" ofcourse" Kelly smiled.

Mattie wanted to ask him about what was going on, her mind warning her to stay away but her heart longed for him. She wanted to be the one to comfort him in his sadness. The sad look on his face that he was trying so hard to smile at her but she could see he wasn't his usual self. For a moment she had forgotten everything he ever did to hurt her. If not for the love she felt for him, she would scream and hit him hard for all the pain he had caused her in the past. But no, all she felt was the desire to get close to him and help him through whatever was disturbing his inner peace.

" am sorry about what happened with your wife. I can imagine what you are going through but i can relate to the feel of hurt. " Mattie started.

" Mattie, i can't stop thinking about it. Imagine i have lived almost 4 years of my life knowing i have a child. Just to discover she is not mine. The worst part of all, i made you get rid of the kids i possibly could have had with you. Now you can't have kids anymore. I killed my own kids and i feel so awful, it hurts so badly i could not sleep last night. Why did i have to be such a jerk. I was so stupid and thought i had something with Joy and didn't want her to find out i cheated on her.

Am a bad person Matilda, i made you go through hell and cheated on my wife, i bet am now paying for my sins" Kelly spoke with so much pain he was shedding tears.

" am sorry, am so sorry for what i did to you Mattie, you were right, I have no right to claim your love when i was so much evil to you. I blame myself for everything." He went on crying loudly now as Mattie shed tears watching him.

She felt a huge lamp of pain on her throat and she cried with him. " Kelly stop please. Thats enough, you have made some horible mistakes too but that does not justify what your wife did to you. Am sure this will pass" she held his hand to comfort him.

"I know Matilda and thats why i have decided am filing for a divorce. Am no longer going to stay with her. Its over!" He wiped his tears.

Mattie was quiet as she listened to his explanation about how he discovered his wife's lie. He cried through his speech.

" its okey Kelly you have to calm down now" she whsipered rubbing his back as he cried on her shoulder.

" please don't push me away. I know i don't derseve you but dont push me away Matttie, i love you and you make me feel normal and sane. " Kelly looked up at her eyes.

" i don't know what to say Kelly. People will not understand. You know how the world is everyone will point at me as the cause of your divorce and i don't have the best record as it is already. I want to live the remaining days of my life in peace you know." Mattie responded not taking away her eyes from his.

" do you love me?" He asked unexpectedly his gaze into her warm wet eyes strong and tender.

" Kelly.... i.. " she stammered

" tell me the truth Mattie i swear i will never bother you again if you say otherwise." He pleaded turning her face at him when she tried to look down.

" say it babe please" he whispered.

Mattie sighed deaply, " I love you yes, i can't stop thinking about you Kelly but.."

" shshshsh, thats enough my babe you dont have to add anything else to such beautiful words. I promise you i will live the rest of my life trying to amend my past actions. I love you more every day that comes. Give me a chance to prove myself to you please " he kissed her hands tendery.

" can i kiss you? He asked holding her face to his forehead.

" Kelly" she called his name closing her eyes as she felt his strong breath touch her facial skin.

" please" he whispered back rubbing his finger on her lips.

He shifted himself closer filling the gap between them completely and stealing a glance a her face as she kept her eyes closed. He smiled before landing his lips on hers and she responded making him glad and happy.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-undisputed

2 Likes

Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by Dessydemmy: 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2018
Nothing like happy ending ever. Weldone boss.
Re: The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship by itsandi(m): 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fugitive Bride / Butt Hurt / The Seer...in Your Mind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 434
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.