Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,584 members, 7,951,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? (27121 Views)

Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / 9 Most Overrated Players In World Football Right Now / Is Victor Moses Overrated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Jackal(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

Wazza is not governed about the goals. . . . . He makes those goals.
The amount of asssists he had this season is a huge testament to that compared to Ronaldo.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

Wazza is not governed about the goals. . . . . He makes those goals.
The amount of asssists he had this season is a huge testament to that compared to Ronaldo.

When a striker turns provider that begs a lot of question Ronaldo has now taken over his job doing the scoring as well as the provision. This was a guy bought for 30million Pounds 4 years ago Factor in inflation and we can agree that he would cost like 45million right Now. For Wayne Rooney!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Jackal(m): 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

It is called team fluidity.
Ronaldo is the tallest in the United attack with a wonderful aerial ability.
When matches get tough. . . . . . . .Ferguson sticks Wazza on the wings so Ronnie can play in the middle.
Rooney is not bovvered about individual priases, he plays for the TEAM and this is why United miss him more than Ronaldo.
All the 5 league matches United LOST last season had Rooney absent: It's no COINCIDENCE.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by tkb417(m): 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Jackal
dont over flog it
he doesnt make sence and der is little you can do to make him boost his IQ
how come Klose scored 1 goal in 13 games?
he cant answer that or what?
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Jackal(m): 6:08pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ tkb417,

Forget Dayokanu.
He makes it sound as if Ronaldo takes the ball from Van Der Sar from the defence and runs through 11 players and score.
Without the prodigious talents of Apache and Rooney, Ronaldo is not the same player which is why i think he would suffer in Spain.
I don't really see Raul and Van Nistelrooy or Robben hustling balls for him like the HOLY TRINITY does.
He is a very good player but the United set-up flatters him a lot.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2008
how come Klose scored 1 goal in 13 games?
he can't answer that or what?

Are you Okay? Klose with 40 International goals 10 at the world cup.

Na dat one Do you remember that Rooney went for almost 3 seasons in the Champions league without a goal.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Jackal(m): 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2008
dayokanu:

Are you Okay? Klose with 40 International goals 10 at the world cup.

Na that one Do you remember that Rooney went for almost 3 seasons in the Champions league without a goal.

Thats a LIE.

2004/05(Rooney's debut season) . . . . . Bagged a hatrick against Fernabache on his debut for Man Utd.
2005/06. . . . . . . . . . .BAGGED a Red card in a season United didn't make it out of the group.
2006/07 . . . . . . . . . . Scored against Roma in Rome and at Old Trafford.
2007/08 . . . .  . . . . . .Scored many mouth-watering goals.

So where is your almost 3 seasons without a Champions league goal?
Dayokanu, you are a flaming PRAT. grin cheesy
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by akinalabi(m): 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2008
dayokanu:

Do you remember that Rooney went for almost 3 seasons in the Champions league without a goal.

Haba dayokanu,

Iro ojukoroju !!!
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by abdurrazaq(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2008
John Mikel Obi will definitely fit this 'award'. The noise is too much about that boy and, it is getting on his head. He is gradually loosing the quality we saw in him in Finland 2003 and Holland 2005.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by MethodMan3(m): 11:52am On Jun 23, 2008
abdurrazaq:

John Mikel Obi will definitely fit this 'award'. The noise is too much about that boy and, it is getting on his head. He is gradually loosing the quality we saw in him in Finland 2003 and Holland 2005.

definitely agree with you on this

Mikel Obi is a crapbag!
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 11:59am On Jun 23, 2008
Almost 3 seasons. the game against fenerbahce was the 1st game of the season in the UCL, i.e begining of 04/05, September 2004 The next goal was against Roma, Q finals 2007 April 2007.

September 2004 to April 2007 is just 4 months shy of 3 years. That qualifies as almost 3 years dont you figure?
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by tkb417(m): 12:09pm On Jun 23, 2008
@dayokanu
stop doing drugs!!
U said Rooney has 14 in 42 and i told u Kloses had 1 in 13; so whats the goals scored at the world cup got to do with this?

almost 3 seasons? hehehehehe
this guy
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2008
You said Rooney has 14 in 42 and i told u Kloses had 1 in 13; so whats the goals scored at the world cup got to do with this?

I never knew comprehension is an issue for you. 14 goals in 42 international matches for England go and Check Kloses record for the german national team.

If Klose had 1 in 13 games this season, and 11 all season in the league what about Rooney who had No goal in the Champions league between September 2004 and April 2007? Is that not worrisome?
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by tkb417(m): 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2008
I comprehend things faster than a billion of you together
u picked 14 in 42 in international games and i picked 1 in 13 in the league. do the ratio and tell me what you think
whatever makes u think u can decide the barometer to be used in gauging. . .

try applying for logic reasoning when next you go to school
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2008
Have you tried 0 goals in 2 and half seasons of champions league? Get the ratio and comment
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by tkb417(m): 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2008
im busy. . .go get some work done
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 1:31pm On Jun 23, 2008
Are you trying to compare Miro Klose to some overrated Wayne Rooney?

10 goals in 2 world cup. One time Highest goal scorer in Bundesliga, last season 21 goals in 47 games while Rooney had 18 in 43. Give me Rooneys record and compare to klose. Dont give me the age thing cos C. Ronaldo at his age has already surpassed many older strikers ( e.g Saha)
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by tkb417(m): 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2008
oh my Gosh!!!
why are u so so forgetful.
go and start reading the thread again. ive told u to go back to school.
Pray to God for retentive memory!!!

i said Rooney is over rated but u said hes a bad player. so whats the fuss?
Klose is over rated too!!! simple.
all those rubbish goals against Saudi Arabia in the world cup abi?

i said im busy abeggi
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Jackal(m): 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

Rooney is a better player than Klose.
Scoring against Saudi Arabia and shitty countries don't count as him being great.
All Bayern Munich players are so over-rated. . . . . .Luca Toni went 4 matches without scoring a goal.
He has been voted as the wackest striker Italy has ever had. . . . . What a shame!!!!!
Rooney at Bundesliga would score 30 goals a season.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by tkb417(m): 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2008
@Jackal
of course. .every human being that has blood flowing his/her system will know Rooney is a better player than Klose
Klose is not better than a fully fit Saha.
klose? no sane person should compare him with Rooney
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Jackal(m): 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2008
Unfortunately, Dayokanu is not SANE.
Klose was disgraced by Zenit St. Petersburg. . . . . .He couldn't muster a shot for 90 mins.
Miroslav is not better than Yak-bull or Obafemi Martins. grin
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2008
Rooney played trinidad and Ecuador at the world cup what did he make of it? Rooney played macedonia, Andorra and Azerbaijan during qualifiers what did he make of it?

Your short memory wont remember Klose scoring against Argentina and portugal.

Lukas Podolski has scored more goals than all Man Utd players at the tournament. He can score more No Man Utd player can meet him now cos they are all out.

What happened to our Highest goal scorer ? He choked again at the highest stage.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by tkb417(m): 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2008
@Jackal
yeah man, i agree with you 100%

Poldoski is not even good enuff for Man United. hes been shipped to Man City
hehehehehehe. Podolski my arse!!!!
is he better than Uche kanu? NOOOO
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Jackal(m): 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

Rooney scored 4 goals at EURO 2004. . . . . He played just 3.5 matches at the age of 18 so shut ur traps about Podolski.
If Podolski was so golden, why isn't he among the top ten strikers in the world.
How much is Lucas in the football market as we speak? He cannot be more worthy than Salomon Kalou. grin cheesy

Luca Toni didn't even score a single goal after 4 consecutive games. . . What a shame!!!!
Ronaldo managed to squeeze one in and set up an assist in 3 games.
Take it or leave it, Ronaldo is better than any living German player. . . PICK that out.
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by tkb417(m): 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2008
@Jackal
how can u compare Ronaldo with any German alive?
thats an insult to the Portuguese.

Lucas is just like our Fraizer Campbel.

Yeah, they always forget that Rooney scored 4 goals at the euro
bunch of illiterates
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Jackal(m): 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2008
No wonder no big club are after Lucas Podolski.
Imagine Podolski against Vidic or Terry or Captain Gallas?? grin cheesy

I cannot believe Bundesliga's highest goal scorer failed to score @ Euro 2008 after 6 hrs 30 mins of football. grin cheesy
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2008
Podolski ran 19m Bosingwa, Pepe and carvalho ragged. You can tell me any club bidding for Rooney they all avoid him even West Brom dont want him
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2008
Rooney scored 4 goals at EURO 2004

While Kluivert was scoring in zillions in the mid 90's where was Nistelrooy? But right now you dont need any seer to tell you who is better. Rooney peaked at age 18 just like Owen. In the last 2 tournament Euro 2008 and World cup 2006, Podolski outshone Rooney.

Is rooney better than Garba Lawal ? NOOOOOOO!!!!!
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Jackal(m): 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

You are talking out of your arse again.
Rooney did not feature in Euro 2008. . . . .Did Podolski also outshine Messi and Kaka?? grin cheesy
In 2006 World cup, Rooney was recovering from his metatarsal injury he suffered against Chelsea.
The only game he started, he saw RED so how did Lucas outshine him??
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by tkb417(m): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2008
Podolski outshone Rooney at Euro 2008?
hehehehehehe. this guy is just a clown
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2008
In 2006 Poldi was young player of the world cup beating a lot of other youngsters to it. Since then some of them upped their games Notably Messi, C.Ronaldo , Fabregas and are undoubtedly better than Poldi

But Rooney for the past 3 seasons has been below par and below Poldi. Poldi has 3 goals right now and he is the 2nd highest goal scorer of a tournament Rooney couldnt inspire England to.

They are of the same age and Poldi has double Rooney's goals for the national team so go figure!!!!
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by dayokanu(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2008
Needless to say that Rooney was capped before Poldi

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia / Mikel Becomes 1st Nigerian To Earn More Than 100,000 Pounds A Week / Mikel To Play Argentina Match With Injury.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.