Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:40 AM

PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away (42885 Views)

Helicopters Of The Nigerian Airforce (Pictures) / FG Palliatives In Kano Rotting Under Rain, Sun (Photo) / Rice Donated By China For Hungry Idp's Rotting Away In Nema(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
My friend stop displaying ur teenage mentality here. I said most of us and not all of us. Do I look like someone with problems?
Habyz:

Don't involve us all in your family problems.
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by seguno2: 3:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
cremedelacreme:
Nigeria of old was far better than Nigeria of today. Imagine NEPA using helicopter then to trace faults when some PHCN stations today do not even have a pick-up truck to carry their ladder. Who did we offend in Nigeria? cry

You are making a mistake.
That was Nigeria of yesterday.
Today’s Nigeria has changed since three years ago. Our saviour, Buhari has fixed everything starting with Aso Rock clinic, which had more budget than all Teaching hospitals combined yet no cotton wool grin

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by seguno2: 3:31pm On Feb 08, 2018
toodark:
i dont think you can change it...you can force us....but we would rebel...its a mental issue....

buhari tried back then..remember war against indisciplin...??...we got rid of him quick..

Could it be that he was not disciplined himself?
Remember the 53 suitcases
I will rather say that his sins caught up with him.
Don’t you agree?
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by hidhrhis(m): 3:45pm On Feb 08, 2018
Jakumo:

Power companies use helicopters to inspect and repair high tension power lines, in areas that are not easily accessible any other way.

In Nigeria, dead power company helicopters are displayed as works of art, to be appreciated by internet commentators like you and me.
okay I never knew dey use chopper
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by OmniSparrow: 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2018
AiiVee:
but what I don't know or understand is how the chopper is supposed to help boost electricity..abi they want to use it to replace ladders ni...
Helicopters are used for hotline maintenance. Air is a form of insulator and one needs to be in air to work on HT lines without outage.
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by mechanics(m): 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
Lolz.
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
send me ur email, will forward one 2 u and give u my facebook address

Thanks but it's not that important.
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by warrah(m): 5:15pm On Feb 08, 2018
AiiVee:
but what I don't know or understand is how the chopper is supposed to help boost electricity..abi they want to use it to replace ladders ni...

They use Choppers to go to areas where transmission lines go through the deep forest or remote areas when there is a fault on the lines,

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by EMANY01(m): 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2018
AiiVee:

It is used for the construction, commissioning, trouble shooting and maintaining the ultra high tension lines that run across the country, especially in hard to reach topography (Hills, forests, cliff edges etc) they are also used to rapidly deploy personnel, parts and equipment to critical power facilities (substation and the likes) when they develop faults or when some force majure incident occurs.
Lots and lots of reasons why Transmission and distribution companies in the power industry would need helicopters for their operations, in a very integral way not just for bragging rights.
The fact that they don't is one more explanation for the state and performance of Nigeria's power (generation, transmission and distribution) sector.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by 1kinggy(m): 6:06pm On Feb 08, 2018
ibori1:
LADIES IF SEX IS NOT LOVE,CAN U DATE A GUY WITHOUT PENINS cool

Big trouble.
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by ibori1(m): 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2018
1kinggy:

Big trouble.
abi
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by figoperch: 11:03pm On Feb 08, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
For tracing faults on high tension lines. They should belong to TCN

TCN and the DISCOs should be able to maintain these and put them to effective use
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by ufuosman(m): 11:08pm On Feb 08, 2018
That's naija for you
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by Origin(f): 12:06am On Feb 09, 2018
Sunofgod:
Nigeria is a joke........lack of maintenance culture.

Nigeria is not a joke.

People just fail to take responsibility for their actions or hold the right people accountable.

Was it sold? Was it handed over to the new government? Do we hold the minister , ex PHCN CEO, or the new CEO TCN responsible

If there are lapses in the way we keep national assets and its records: Who should be held accountable:
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by obaataaokpaewu: 7:13am On Feb 09, 2018
figoperch:

TCN and the DISCOs should be able to maintain these and put them to effective use
Discos don't need helicopters to trace 33kva lines. We are talking about all these big transmission towers that are all over the country
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by Switruth: 7:27am On Feb 09, 2018
Who will fly them. grin grin
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by Habyz(m): 12:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
AmiciLord:
My friend stop displaying ur teenage mentality here. I said most of us and not all of us. Do I look like someone with problems?
You don't have to look the part to be the part.
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by Jakumo(m): 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
Habyz:

You don't have to look the part to be the part.

Sho y'right. So in other words, you mean to say yo momma dit'n raise no fools. You know das right. Ain't no thang.
Re: PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away by figoperch: 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Discos don't need helicopters to trace 33kva lines. We are talking about all these big transmission towers that are all over the country

All join

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15000 Youths To Welcome President Buhari From UK Vacation - NYCN / "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals / Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.