Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,692 members, 7,972,569 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:05 PM

President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism (706 Views)

Town Hall Meeting: Why I Haven’t Spoken On Ganduje —buhari / Soldiers Storm Kogi To Stop Fulani Herdsmen Vs Farmers Clashes(pics) / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism by Hazard94(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2018
He said has no plan to colonise any part of Nigeria with proposed cattle colony
Buhari lamented that the government's intention to create grazing locations for cattle rearers, misconstrued as another form of colonisation
President Muhammadu Buhari has said the policy proposed by federal government in response to the frequent clashes between herdsmen and farmers in the country is not meant to colonise any part of the country.

Premium Times reports that while receiving Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) led by Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama, on Thursday, February 8, in Abuja, President Buhari said the intention of government is to create grazing locations for cattle rearers, which has now been misconstrued as another form of colonisation.

African Entertainment gathered that President Buhari said he regretted that the “well-thought out policy of the federal government, which was conceived after wide consultations with stakeholders”, had been largely misunderstood by a section of the public.
He, however, assured the Catholic Bishops that the federal government will continue to explore all opportunities and support initiatives to ensure peace and stability in restive areas.

Condemning recent spate of killings in Benue, Adamawa, Taraba, and Zamfara states, the president said security operatives would ensure prosecution of perpetrators and all those found with illegal arms in the affected areas.
‘‘The impression created that I was sitting in an air-conditioned office and home, enjoying myself while these things happened, is dishonest.

‘‘At every step, I have tried to foresee these problems because I have the experience as a former military officer who commanded three out of the four divisions of the Nigerian army, in Lagos, Ibadan and Jos.
‘‘I am quite aware of the problems we have and I am doing my best to get law enforcement agencies to be on alert,’’ he said.
Buhari told the Catholic Bishops that he would not be tired of recounting remarkable progress recorded in the areas of security, economy and the fight against corruption.

‘‘We have done very well on security in the northeast, when you compare what the condition was before we came in and what it is now.
‘‘On the economy, particularly agriculture, I am very pleased that God answered the prayers of Nigerians who prayed for bountiful harvest.
‘‘People have taken advantage of federal government policies and programmes to return to the farm and they have not regretted,’’ he said.
On the fight against corruption, the president said the government would be guided by the law in the investigation and prosecution of all graft-related cases.
‘‘People are being prosecuted systematically with evidence.
‘‘If a permanent secretary has five houses in Abuja, two in Kaduna and one in Borno and Sokoto and he can’t account for the properties and there are bank transactions linking him to the properties, the prosecuting agencies will not have difficulties to make progress on the case,” he said.

In his remarks, Kaigama pledged that the Catholic Church in Nigeria would continue to support the Buhari administration and make its contribution to nation-building through prayers, admonitions and assistance to needy Nigerians.
‘‘As the voice of the people, we shall continue to highlight the plight of our people and play our prophetic role of sensitising the government, thus promoting good governance, national unity and cohesion,’’Kaigama said.

Meanwhile, African Entertainment had previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari was chided by a former governor of Benue state, Dr Gabriel Suswam, for not paying a visit to the state since the invasion by herdsmen which led to the murder of 73 people.

News link:https://africanentertainment.info/president-buhari-has-spoken-on-herdsmen-farmers-clashes-and-alleged-nepotism/

Visit the link for latest News
Re: President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism by GMBuhari: 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2018
wE Know some idiats are behind the complains here and there , i sincerely hope they get their mouth shut finally

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2018
No to cattle colony or any other form of jihadist expansion
Re: President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism by Timichael(m): 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2018
Who else can perceive the body odour?
Re: President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism by obiZEAL(m): 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2018
Too late to speak...

Re: President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism by Omeokachie: 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
Failure is an orphan.
Just go home man
Re: President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism by AbuEzeFemi(m): 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
Buhari till 2025
Re: President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism by doyinbaby(f): 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2018
AbuEzeFemi:
Buhari till 2025
buhari is a Devil
Re: President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism by dlondonbadboy: 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
What finally opened your mouth? You don know say e don dey over you abi? ?

Buhari would cry out of AsoRock...I can assure you.

Re: President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism by KingNom(m): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2018
Who has noticed that it will be easy for the North to rig 2019 elections in favor of Buhari or his 'Protege'?

The Security Chiefs are MOSTLY Northerners, hence with the influence, they can win again!

Something SHOULD URGENTLY be done to correct the Federal Character Principle in Public Office Appointment (especially Security Chiefs) or else... (Remember Benue!)

Kindly reshare TILL it is fixed

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Spoken On Herdsmen-farmers Clashes And Alleged Nepotism by tarano: 10:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
I agree to Cattle colony in every state of the federation. As long as Buhari will create Piggery Colony for Pig farmers in every state of the federation.

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman: Stephanie Otobo’s Lawyer, Keyamo Withdraws From Case / Video: Calm Down Boko Haram Will Release Dapchi Schoolgirls — Sect's Mum Says / Governor Dickson Conferred The Rock Of Kabowei Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.