Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,322 members, 7,881,186 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:03 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) (45801 Views)

Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Stealing N2000 (Disturbing Photos) / Mob Sets Man Ablaze In Benue For Allegedly Trying To Steal Motorcycle (Graphic) / Armed Fulani Herdsmen Arrested After Engaging Soldiers In A Fire Fight. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by planetx: 7:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
SmartMugu:
Just a honest question about these herdsmen. I'm asking because I don't really understand their lifestyle.

Where do they sleep at night since they're always with their cows? Hotels? Where then do they keep the cows while asleep?

Do they have homes in various states -as it appears they walk all around the nation with their cows?

Do they just sleep anywhere the night meets them and their cows? What if it rains or they get attacked by animals or someone?

How come most of the herdsmen are from one particular area of the country? Don't other areas have cows? If they do, do they walk around the country with cows too?

I haven't been around the herdmen before, I only see them when I see many cows controlled by one or two men holding sticks. I naturally assumed they're just trying to deliver the cows to a reseller or something. Finding out they actually walk with cows from state to state means some people really have some survival tactics beyond normal people. I still don't know why anyone would want to walk all around with cows from states to states. I guess it's for exercise or just their passion for cows.
They sleep in the bush with their cows and basically have no fixed address why it's easy for them to commit atrocities and disappear. But the kind of lifestyle they live roaming around in the bush make their mentality different from normal people, why they can kill viciously. They also practice a lot of mysticism and I heard they can summon jinns due to being very close to nature.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by jrusky(m): 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
Themandator:
He is being used to test the impact of the recent attacks to see if the state has been intimidated and subdued.... Nobody with a brain, however small, will just wake up and start roaming the place with cows under the current tension unless on a mission

You are correct. God bless you. Benue govt should deal with them with no mercy.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by naijaking1: 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
JORDAN202:

WHY ARREST THEM ?

THESE BENUE PEOPLE ARE NOT EVEN SERIOUS.

EVERY DAY THEY CRY OUT ABOUT HERDSMEN SLAUGHTERING THEM AND VANISHING.

NOW THEY MANAGE TO CATCH SOME LIVE!

IS THERE ANY REASON FOR THESE BENUE PEOPLE TO INVOLVE THE POLICE ?

THE SAME POLICE THAT DID NOT PROTECT THEM

OR IS THAT THESE BENUE PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ENSURE THAT OTHER HERDSMEN DO NOT RETURN TO THEIR STATE??

PMB & MIYETTEH ALLAH DID NOT DO ANYTHING WHEN BENUE PEOPLE WERE KILLED.

ARE THE SAME POLICE PEOPLE WHO THE HERDSMEN WERE HANDED OVER NOT GOING TO GET AN 'ORDER-FROM-ABOVE' TO RELEASE THESE KILLER HERDSMEN THAT WERE CAPTURED, AND THEY RETURN TO KILL MORE BENUE PEOPLE ??

I REALLY DID NOT EXPECT SUCH STUPIDITY FROM BENUE PEOPLE.

Karma is a biitcccch!
The same Fulani people who made Benue people and middle belters kill Igbo people for no good reason is now killing Benue people themselves.
Chineke God, are you watching this drama?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by sweetilicious(f): 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
SmartMugu:
Just a honest question about these herdsmen. I'm asking because I don't really understand their lifestyle.

Where do they sleep at night since they're always with their cows? Hotels? Where then do they keep the cows while asleep?

Do they have homes in various states -as it appears they walk all around the nation with their cows?

Do they just sleep anywhere the night meets them and their cows? What if it rains or they get attacked by animals or someone?

How come most of the herdsmen are from one particular ethnic group? Don't other ethnic groups breed and rear cows? If they do, do they walk around the country with cows too?

Why haven't we ever heard of Igbo/Kanuri/Ijaw/and so on/Yoruba/Kalabari/etc herdsmen before? Don't they have cows in their various areas? How then do avoid the need to walk all around with cows and chose to do something else aside just walking with cows?

I haven't been around the herdsmen before, I only see them when I see many cows controlled by one or two men holding sticks. I naturally assumed they're just trying to deliver the cows to a reseller or something. Finding out they actually walk with cows from states to states appears barbaric to me.

Some people really have some survival tactics beyond normal people's comprehension. I still don't know why anyone would want to walk all around with cows from states to states. I guess it's for exercise or just their passion for cows.
I use to ask this questions too

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Themandator: 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
AnanseK:

These people have no idea what is happening they just want to earn a living. The militia belongs to the governor who is covering for his failures by killing more of his own people to attract sympathy and attention of ignorant people.

So all the governors of the state in the last sixteen years of democracy has been using same tactics without the state security cotton in on it... You get sense and a very wild imagination, go join dss

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Turantula(m): 8:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
greggng:
They were carrying guns cos of cattle rustlers. No one will be happy some bunch of criminals stealing the fruit of ones effort. Whichever way you look at it, the fulani and the host communities require protection . U ntill we discover who is fuelling all this problems, Nigeria won't move forward. Right from my childhood, we 've being living peacefully with the herdsmen. In fact as a child, I use to play with their cows each time they are parading them. What has gone wrong now? This hatred has to stop
I no fit shout

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Themandator: 8:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
This breed are neither Muslims nor Christians but animist. They are more comfortable with the natural environment than your artificial creations like homes and the rest

SmartMugu:

How come most of the herdsmen are from one particular ethnic group? Don't other ethnic groups breed and rear cows? If they do, do they walk around the country with cows too?

Why haven't we ever heard of Igbo/Kanuri/Ijaw/and so on/Yoruba/Kalabari/etc herdsmen before? Don't they have cows in their various areas? Of all professions, why choose to walk around the nation with cows when horses, sheep, goats, and even cows in sane nations are raised in ranches? Why would any father even want his child to grow up just walking around with cows?

I haven't been around the herdsmen before, I only see them when I see many cows controlled by one or two men holding sticks. I naturally assumed they're just trying to deliver the cows to a reseller or something. Finding out they actually walk with cows from states to states appears barbaric to me.

Some people really have some survival tactics beyond normal people's comprehension. I still don't know why anyone would want to walk all around with cows from states to states. I guess it's for exercise or just their passion for cows.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by donsiqua(m): 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
Watch out for reprisal attacks angry angry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Lightening: 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
AnanseK:

These people have no idea what is happening they just want to earn a living. The militia belongs to the governor who is covering for his failures by killing more of his own people to attract sympathy and attention of ignorant people.

Please go for psychiatric evaluation. You need it badly.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Toktee(m): 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
bigboss80s:
Very good. Arrest and prosecute them. Also search for hidden weapons and extract confessions from them regarding the whereabouts their armed militia.
Hand them over to Gboko boys,they will do the rest.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by bigboss80s(m): 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
AnanseK:

Look at this born B*****D
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by NairaMaster1(m): 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
NwaNimo1:
Reprisal attack coming....

Not in Otukpo. Those guys are devil themselves.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by yemi15(m): 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
Built2last:
So in Benue people's mind. Abubakar Idris of Police and Abubakar Malami all Fulani will prosecute these people. They are learners. They should get ready for more attacks

Abi o, they are real learners! People they should shoot on sight, no questions asked.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by yemi15(m): 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
olabrad:

They are sacred cows. Can't be arrested. grin
Nice pun cheesy, really sacred cows lol
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Ogunleti01: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
stephenduru:
After  series of meetings between the Otukpo Local government Chairman, Hon. George Alli and the Fulani community in Otukpo over the law prohibiting open grazing as enacted into law by Benue State government, with its implementation from November 2017, recalcitrant Fulani herdsmen were seen openly grazing their cattle in Otukpo.

The Otukpo Council Chairman, who personally witnessed the gross violation of the Anti-Open Grazing Law immediately directed the arrest of the culprits while investigation into the motive behind the criminal act is ongoing.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/02/open-grazing-george-alli-directs-arrest.html?m=1
see protruding bellies everywhere!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by MiyettiAllah: 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
jojothaiv:

Satirical in nature..

wink wink wink

wink wink wink

angry angry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Evacroft: 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
So fulani herdsmen has started putting on a face cap ans also wearing boots, buhari may ur every of ur wish for individuals in this countries also be d same for u and ur family.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by alhajisocrates: 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
stephenduru:
After  series of meetings between the Otukpo Local government Chairman, Hon. George Alli and the Fulani community in Otukpo over the law prohibiting open grazing as enacted into law by Benue State government, with its implementation from November 2017, recalcitrant Fulani herdsmen were seen openly grazing their cattle in Otukpo.

The Otukpo Council Chairman, who personally witnessed the gross violation of the Anti-Open Grazing Law immediately directed the arrest of the culprits while investigation into the motive behind the criminal act is ongoing.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/02/open-grazing-george-alli-directs-arrest.html?m=1

Get ready to answer...
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by CONFAMA: 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
coolie1:
better cut their head too oh
They have camps inside bush. They also make use of uncompleted buildings.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by CONFAMA: 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
coolie1:
better cut their head too oh
They have camps inside bush. They also make use of uncompleted buildings.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 10:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
bigboss80s:

Look at this born B*****D

Lack of home training. Lack of home as well
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by bleskid: 11:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
bigboss80s:
Very good. Arrest and prosecute them. Also search for hidden weapons and extract confessions from them regarding the whereabouts their armed militia.
ok sir
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by RisMas(m): 12:09am On Feb 12, 2018
SmartMugu:

Why haven't we ever heard of Igbo/Kanuri/Ijaw/and so on/Yoruba/Kalabari/etc herdsmen before? Don't they have cows in their various areas?

Of all professions, why choose to walk around the nation with cows when horses, sheep, goats, and even cows in sane nations are raised in ranches?

Why would any parent even want his/her child to grow up just walking around with cows? Dont they expect them to have their own homes eventually?

Some people really have some survival tactics beyond normal human comprehension, which applies in this case, but when it hurts or hinders others, the idea is worthless. I still don't know why anyone would want to walk all around with cows from states to states. I guess it's for exercise or just their passion for cows.

I bet these young men in these pix aren't the real owners of these many cows, they are rearing them for someone. Why then can't the owner of the cows get a piece of land for his cows? After all, he gets all the profit and only pays his workers whatever they agreed on. Why achieve that at other people's expense? Isn't that parasitism - where Mr A wants to take everything from Mr B and return nothing?

What are herdsmen looking for on other people's property with their cows without the property owners' permission? Are they brainwashed to think the entire nation belongs to the actual owners of the cows? Common sense applies here - you can't find anyone walking with cows on roads, schools, other people's farms, etc in any sane nation. Why did a governor decide to allocate hectares of land that doesn't directly belong to him to harbor privately owned cows? Should the owner of the cows be responsible for creating and replenishing his range for his cows - those are his property?
Why tamper with other people's peace?
Have u ever heard of Fulani Drug Baron before? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by SmartMugu: 12:17am On Feb 12, 2018
RisMas:

Have u ever heard of Fulani Drug Baron before? undecided undecided undecided
Nope, what's that? I never even thought many Fulanis travel out of Nigeria let alone be a drug baron. Weird
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by egoldman(m): 2:22am On Feb 12, 2018
greggng:
They were carrying guns cos of cattle rustlers. No one will be happy some bunch of criminals stealing the fruit of ones effort. Whichever way you look at it, the fulani and the host communities require protection . U ntill we discover who is fuelling all this problems, Nigeria won't move forward. Right from my childhood, we 've being living peacefully with the herdsmen. In fact as a child, I use to play with their cows each time they are parading them. What has gone wrong now? This hatred has to stop

Give them your land for "cow colonies " and let your children play wit their cows, then you will have " peace " with them .
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by ANOWEDGREAT: 3:44am On Feb 12, 2018
[quote author=stephenduru post=64976484]After  series of meetings between the Otukpo Local government Chairman, Hon. George Alli and the Fulani community in Otukpo over the law prohibiting open grazing as enacted into law by Benue State government, with its implementation from November 2017, recalcitrant Fulani herdsmen were seen openly grazing their cattle in Otukpo.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/02/open-grazing-george-alli-directs-arrest.html?m=1[/quot

The LG chairman doesn't look healthy in that picture the over bloated tummy gives some one room for concern.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Dayoara: 8:20am On Feb 12, 2018
Bullhari kinsmen.... For how long will this continues.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 10:07am On Feb 12, 2018
Gov Ortom, let God be your strength, prosecute them and font allow their senders coerce into releasing them, if you do, they will make fool of you, the law and your state.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by Kellyrichp: 10:12am On Feb 12, 2018
Why arresting them... ? Why not kill them? Because they foolanimal(fulani) these aren't humans.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue For Open Grazing (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 10:19am On Feb 12, 2018
SmartMugu:
Just a few honest questions about these herdsmen saga. I'm asking because I don't really understand their lifestyle and school of thoughts.

Where do they sleep at night since they're always with their cows? Hotels? Where then do they keep the cows while asleep? Isn't it more convenient for the owners of the cows to provide a permanent piece of land for their own cows with shelter for the herdsmen (tasked with grazing the animals and replenishing already grazed plots and keep recycling)?

Why haven't we ever heard of Igbo/Kanuri/Ijaw/and so on/Yoruba/Kalabari/etc herdsmen before? Don't they have cows in their various areas?

Of all professions, why choose to walk around the nation with cows when horses, sheep, goats, and even cows in sane nations are raised in ranches?

Why would any parent even want his/her child to grow up just walking around with cows? Dont they expect them to have their own homes eventually?

Some people really have some survival tactics beyond normal human comprehension, which applies in this case, but when it hurts or hinders others, the idea is worthless. I still don't know why anyone would want to walk all around with cows from states to states. I guess it's for exercise or just their passion for cows.

I bet these young men in these pix aren't the real owners of these many cows, they are rearing them for someone. Why then can't the owner of the cows get a piece of land for his cows? After all, he gets all the profit and only pays his workers whatever they agreed on. Why achieve that at other people's expense? Isn't that parasitism - where Mr A wants to take everything from Mr B and return nothing?

What are herdsmen looking for on other people's property with their cows without the property owners' permission? Are they brainwashed to think the entire nation belongs to the actual owners of the cows? Common sense applies here - you can't find anyone walking with cows on roads, schools, other people's farms, etc in any sane nation. Why did a governor decide to allocate hectares of land that doesn't directly belong to him to harbor privately owned cows? Shouldn't the owner of the cows be responsible for creating and replenishing his range for his cows? Does he share the proceeds with other random people his cows inhibited in some ways or whose farms were destroyed while his cows were being fed?

I think there may be something more to this herdsmen thing. You won't find anyone in many western countries walking on the roads or schools with cows. All these can be contained in a piece of land the owners of the cows purchase or lease for their business. Unless the owners don't want to spend anything to maintain animals they intend to benefit from using what belongs to other people?

If you can't feed a dog or a goat on your personal property, why own them in the first place? Isn't this common sense? I think some people just intentionally disregard that word 'society' - everyone should coexist, and no one has the right to tamper with other people's peace for their personal gains at other people's detriment.
It is their strategy to prepare themselves to colonize Nigeria, that is, if the southern leaders allows it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herdsmen Kill 65-Year-Old Man In Imo (Disturbing Photos) / Missing Person: Have You Seen Elizabeth? (Picture) / NSCDC Arrests Woman With Three Explosives In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.