Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,351 members, 7,950,725 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:32 PM

5 Steps To Buying A Nigerian Used Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Steps To Buying A Nigerian Used Car (941 Views)

Buying A Used Car In Nigeria: What Are The Next Steps After Clearing? / 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving / Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Steps To Buying A Nigerian Used Car by Mist100: 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
Are you considering buying a Nigerian used car? please read this. I bought a used car and learnt my lessons the hard way.

Read and learn from my experience.

1. Do not trust a mechanic.

A friend's mechanic and I test drove the car then he certified everything OK.
Days after different issues started springing up ranging from throttle head, bad shocks, bad nozzles, bad oil switch, slipping gear, bad AC compressor etc. Funny thing is I told him of my doubts but he was pissed at my worries

At least go with another mechanic

2. Get yourself a cheap scanner

Scanner sells for as low as 5k. Scan the vehicle to understand underlying problems. In my case the 02 sensors were faulty but there was no check engine light. The bulb may have been tampered with.

3. Beyond the gear and engine

Sometimes we are engrossed in how good the gear shifts or the engine sounds. But little things like inner light kit, power mirrors, central locks, upholstery, head lamps, wiper, CD player can rack up to a fortune. please check all.

4. Get a proper bond of contract.

A lawyer maybe contacted to draft a document stating certain caveats if the car develops a major fault. A sinister seller will be weary at this move.

5. Don't rush.

Yes I lost opportunities of buying several nice looking cars but my money was intact until I rushed into buying this car and started regretting. The pain of loosing your money to buying a crappy car is not worth it. The wait is.
Re: 5 Steps To Buying A Nigerian Used Car by Olumyyde(m): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2018
Nice post OP.

(1) (Reply)

Lexus RX 300 / Nigeria Used Toyota Corolla For Sale / P2074 Code On 2004 Liberty Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.