Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,278 members, 7,934,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:27 PM

Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? (27958 Views)

Who Should Be More Excited On A Wedding Day, Bride Or Groom? (Video, Photo) / Men Wise Up, Marriage Favours Women More (photos) / Why Are Women Crazy About Tall Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by frozen70(f): 3:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
MiseryHimself:

Ha, wish it for my entire family kwa Bia, wetin I do you?

You asked after my family, I said they are doing good and instead of you to glorify God, your reply was

"I have a sneaky suspicion that they are not"

Then I said, wish it for your entire family

So if its good or bad, so it be for you
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by MiseryHimself: 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
frozen70:

You asked after my family, I said they are doing good and instead of you to glorify God, your reply was

I was only joking. Just hoping we catch some fun and I assume you were joking too lol.
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
victorian:

Because they don't understand how Nigerian marriages work, they think it's all about the wedding day.

Most men naturally are not the talking type. Women love to talk and share our everyday life with the one we love. In relationships, yea some men can bend a little and chat with you, but in marriage? Most men close up and behave like Oga and employee kind of relationship.

Nowadays marriages amongst the poor and average class, it's women that's the bread winners in homes. Sad but true. They work their assz out to keep the home running and avoid shame.
Anyways I wish all intending brides and grooms 100percent best of luck, cos y'all really need it.
Ain't easy.

You are right

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
I don't know if I'd be speaking for a minority, but the thing is that women romanticise caring for others by default.

And then when a woman loves a man, she begins to feel like she can't live without him... she wants to have children with him. She wants to love him and love his family... to care for him, to nurture a home and not feel like she's making wrong emotional and psychological investments. That's the point where she begins to crave marriage.

I see where You are coming from

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
theButterfly:
Men are also excited but surprisingly more nervous.

getting hitched to an emotional being like women is enough to get a man nervous.

You really think its easy as a man to cope with women and the issues they bring?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
DeRay98:

But when old age comes and their priorities change, career success is no longer a sufficient consolation. Loneliness comes slowly like a thief and they start to discover that all most of their girl gang have left for marriage and no longer interested in weekly hangouts, old gang members are revelling in motherhood and talking their experience with hubby and babies etc. Suddenly, silent cries occupies them in their private home. All their toasters have disappeared into marriages and no longer interested in babes except of course for a fling because she's lonely and desperately needs a man's muscular touch.
That's when go secretly date marriage men because they don't want insults from small small boys...

it's not all women o

A woman who.was being too picky while in her youth while looking flr is most likely to be in the category you painted above

But a woman who knows marriage is not for her from day 1 will not feel so awkward when she is older
there are so many fulfilling things one can do.
it does not have to be all marriage

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by MiseryHimself: 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
frozen70:

Mrs. Frozen, no apologies
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Vince77(m): 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
starbright4real:
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108

https://www.ubagroup.com/about-uba/careers/recruitment
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Lafortunado: 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
crismark:

chai!!! bros pls its okay

He/She's probably just getting warmed up...
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by emonis88: 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
wristbangle:

Much sense in this statement. Not that I am saying we should totally adopt the western culture in terms of method to approach a lady and vice Versa but pick the positive side of it as being quite a shy, timid and emotional guy score a good point in ladies point of view.

Our ladies here love ruthless man hence the reason why the ones with human feelings had lost focus and have become more ruthless/wicked. Sometimes I blame the ladies. You can't eat your cake and have it. It is either you go for a ruthless or a soft minded man.
And the ruthless guy go chop n pick race!
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by emonis88: 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ugosample:

it's not all women o

A woman who.was being too picky while in her youth while looking flr is most likely to be in the category you painted above

But a woman who knows marriage is not for her from day 1 will not feel so awkward when she is older
The type that becomes a single mother! She and her child alone. She is fulfilled like that and do not want any man near her but on second thought it a man that impregnated her o! And if the irony wants to get serious she will give birth to a male child
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
theButterfly:
Men are also excited but surprisingly more nervous.

Two times a Man ponders if he's making the right decision;

1. When resigning from a job
2. When getting married.

No 2 is more pronounced.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by emonis88: 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
CHoccolaTE:
I am very glad more women are realizing marriage is a giant scam to females.

Men gain over 70% of marriage benefits but they will keep pretending and lying to themselves that marriage benefits women more.
Dey there, women at the end of the day benefit from this marriage of a thing sef. Guys we no go marry again o! So women will not feel cheated o! At the end of the day make we see who go loose. Me I go dey sample as many as possible, at least no marriage to hook man down.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by komodapson(m): 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

Men gain over 70% of marriage benefits but they will keep pretending and lying to themselves that marriage benefits women more.

Please permit my ignorance... How madame? Please, outline the benefits...just mention 2

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Two times a Man ponders if he's making the right decision;

1. When resigning from a job
2. When getting married.

No 2 is more pronounced.
Ok
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by komodapson(m): 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
modik:
Reason is simple :

They have been elevated to the higher level of Mrs and can't wait for the social respect and class distinction it attracts.

This statement always come to mind : "DON'T YOU KNOW I'M A MARRIED WOMAN? "

Gbam...Gaskia...you're %100 spot on

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by komodapson(m): 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
healthserve:

My dear. I'll wait. Even if its a week. Mo fe mo idi oro na iya mi

Oh...you're ready to wait for a week... Am ready to wait for 6 weeks ( 1 transfer window)... Let her just highlight 2 benefits...lol...just 2

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by healthserve(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
komodapson:

Oh...you're ready to wait for a week... Am ready to wait for 6 weeks ( 1 transfer window)... Let her just highlight 2 benefits...lol...just 2

Men leave those confused things. Couldn't even denfend her position intelligently

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by DeRay98(m): 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ugosample:

it's not all women o

There comes a time and age when being alone is not desirable not the level of accomplishment in life. Only that such ladies come out in public pretending to ok but soak their pillows with tears at home.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by komodapson(m): 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
healthserve:

Men leave those confused things. Couldn't even denfend her position intelligently

I felt dead when I saw her reference to a 2013 post...I could easily picture the kind of mind such thoughts emanated from

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by healthserve(m): 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
komodapson:

I felt dead when I saw her reference to a 2013 post...I could easily picture the kind of mind such thoughts emanated from

cheesy grin grin One would see many of these folks have residual issues that just won't go away. What's worse. She's between 25-40 judging from the age of her account. If at that age, reality hasnt been successfully separated from illusion , when would sense arrive?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Amwitty(f): 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
QueenSuccubus:

grin

Im reading it thru & thru but my culture is different babe, so i can't relate to Nigerian marriage set up tongue
I sha hope you are not south-african angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by godofuck231: 6:09am On Sep 27, 2019
victorian:
true well said ,we men don't talk much but women do , there were times when the men shouldered most in the home, and there will come times of financial weakness, the wisest of women cover the man's weakness while women with bad attitude and brought up who wreck home cause a stir or end the marriage, my father was once at this Stage and what my mother did was to sell her jewellery box and gave him the money , this was way back and it was a fortune , my father almost cried , he swore to never fall financially again, today my mother remains his jewel , I some times ask him why is he pampering my mum instead of his children , my old man still de buy chocolate, wine and roses for my mum , I actually feel jealous about this two people in public as they behave like teenage lovers, but thank god no be tonto born me o.

Because they don't understand how Nigerian marriages work, they think it's all about the wedding day.

Most men naturally are not the talking type. Women love to talk and share our everyday life with the one we love. In relationships, yea some men can bend a little and chat with you, but in marriage? Most men close up and behave like Oga and employee kind of relationship.

Nowadays marriages amongst the poor and average class, it's women that's the bread winners in homes. Sad but true. They work their assz out to keep the home running and avoid shame.
Anyways I wish all intending brides and grooms 100percent best of luck, cos y'all really need it.
Ain't easy.
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by victorian(f): 10:29am On Sep 27, 2019
[quote author=godofuck231 post=82604006][/quote]

Eeyah smiley

Your mum truly stood by your dad.

That one u said thank God, no be Tonto born you is funny.. grin

That Tonto is one crazy woman!
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by godofuck231: 11:02am On Sep 27, 2019
victorian:

Eeyah smiley

Your mum truly stood by your dad.

That one u said thank God, no be Tonto born you is funny.. grin

That Tonto is one crazy woman!
may your blood be resistant from toxic friends like that of tonto, may your man never know no waist pain, may his sword of ego remain string ,may he terrorise your bed and thighs, night or day till oh God becomes your prayer , ijn
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by victorian(f): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2019
godofuck231:
may your blood be resistant from toxic friends like that of tonto, may your man never know no waist pain, may his sword of ego remain string ,may he terrorise your bed and thighs, night or day till oh God becomes your prayer , ijn

Hmmmmmm

Isn't that prayer too much?

I don't need my man to terrorize my thighs o!

Biko I'm too soft for such terror, Biko nu.

I will pass on it. I wan live long.
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by godofuck231: 11:40am On Sep 27, 2019
victorian:

Hmmmmmm

Isn't that prayer too much?

I don't need my man to terrorize my thighs o!

Biko I'm too soft for such terror, Biko nu.

I will pass on it. I wan live long.
receive cassava then ijn
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by victorian(f): 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
godofuck231:
receive cassava then ijn

Lol cheesy

You no serious
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by pansophist(m): 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2019
1. Perhaps, she found the love of her life. She can now exit the dating scene and revel in her newly found matrimony, in the hope of love and bliss.
2. She has escaped the stigma society placed on spinsterhood, and the derogatory names (e.g evening newspaper) that come with it.
3. She has caught up with her biological clock, as women have short fertility window span. If she wants a kid.
4. Depending on the culture, she knows she will be taken care of, and the source of her livelihood is dependent on the man.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by CaptainMitch: 10:34am On Sep 28, 2019
cheesy cheesy That's how the world is wired and there's nothing you can do about it. It's a man's world.

CHoccolaTE:

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2019
Don't know what or who got this thread going. I see lots of hateful comments but this post wasn't inspired by anything personal. I am in a part of the world were the female folk act like marriage is the ultimate. Marriage is sweet if you go into it for the right reasons, like, companionship, meeting someone who you want to be friends/family with for life, etc. But everyday I see girls throw away dreams for the sake of marriage, I see girls grow without dreams aside the 'marriage dream' and I see girls become burden to men who treat them with contempt and they do nothing because they are stuck. Marriage should be something you go into with full understand of what you stand to lose or gain. It should be a choice you make with complete consciousness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by SavageResponse(m): 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
JoyceMeyersFan:
Hope they know they are the ones who will
`become pregnant and old
`have a lot of emotions with no one to share with because men aren't interested in emotional talks
`not make any major decision, career-business-personal, without first considering the home and kids, while the man is carefree, focusing on his dreams and pursuing it with all he has got.
`take care of the home and kids with no one appreciating and the man expecting to be appreciated because it appears he is the one slaving for the family.
`ask for money you won't spend on yourself but on the home, while you have lots of needs that you can't mention
`get blamed when the man cheats, when he doesn't have money to give his relations
`get blamed when there are no kids, when the kids are misbehaving or not well kept
`YOU CAN ADD YOURS

They're more excited cos they see it as an opportunity to off load their financial liabilities on another person grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Keke Driver Advises Women To Stop Turning Them Down / Annoying Traits Peculiar To Naija Girls - concerned Nairalander / Romantic Awkward Moments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.